Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:42 pm

The ceadus family is weak to thunder and dragon. Their weakest point is the beard. It's elemental weakness is 10% to thunder and 20% to dragon, which is lowish. The slicers you have are fine, but you just have to make sure that if you want quick kills, you go for the beard, and use the dragonator and ballista shots early. If I remember correctly, the Dragonator is 1k straight damage, and the ballistas are 100 damage a piece. If you have trades to spare, get ballista shots from the argosy captain to start with, and make sure to use the dragonator right away. by the time the dragonator is ready to use again (10 minutes), it will be dead or close to dying.
Back to top Go down
HaBa912
Aptonoth
HaBa912

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 12:50 pm

dcj91x wrote:
It is likely your router not neccisarily the wiiu.. you may want to mess around with placement locations as a lot of signals can interfere with it, cell phones and some types of lights.

Yeah, I'm gonna buy a longer cable to place it better, since now it has bad connection everywhere.

Sephastus wrote:
The ceadus family is weak to thunder and dragon. Their weakest point is the beard. It's elemental weakness is 10% to thunder and 20% to dragon, which is lowish. The slicers you have are fine, but you just have to make sure that if you want quick kills, you go for the beard, and use the dragonator and ballista shots early. If I remember correctly, the Dragonator is 1k straight damage, and the ballistas are 100 damage a piece. If you have trades to spare, get ballista shots from the argosy captain to start with, and make sure to use the dragonator right away. by the time the dragonator is ready to use again (10 minutes), it will be dead or close to dying.

So it actually makes sense to bring the shots with ya.....Dragonator right at beginning, got it! Thanks for the dmg infos Yes by vort. +Good to hear that slicers are fine, since my dragon weapons are still pretty weak (100 drg att or so).

Thank you both for your answers, much appreciated!
Back to top Go down
HaBa912
Aptonoth
HaBa912

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:44 am

I gotta small question about affinity.

How much does critical hit increase the damage dealt? Is there like some kind of multiplier of 1.5x or 2x or something?
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 3:37 pm

Sephastus, DCJ, thank you for the advice. I will farm Purple Ludy for the Ludroth S Armor as soon as I get a list of what parts I need.

Oh, yeah, that's the one armor set that was left out of the armor listing on the board.

Do you know what I will need to craft the Ludroth S Armor?
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 7:42 pm

Does the Dragonator not work in the Land Arena? i seen it but not able to see a switch or gong.... offline and online mode o_o
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:03 pm

No, it's not working anymore on arena, unfortunately ;(
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:13 pm

Wtf..why not? its there..we know it serves a purpose and yet they disabled it? if they was gonna do that they could have at least turned it into a large arena door or somet.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 8:32 pm

in tri it was only active during some quests, on those quests there was a ladder to the left of the nater that would let you activate it.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:28 pm

HaBa912 wrote:
I gotta small question about affinity.

How much does critical hit increase the damage dealt? Is there like some kind of multiplier of 1.5x or 2x or something?

A critical hit does 1.25 of damage.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:03 am

New question: does anybody know when Granny has her sales? Is it the same time that the Argosy Captain is in port? I'd like to buy bomb casings and catalysts on sale.
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 3:36 am

Atalanta wrote:
New question: does anybody know when Granny has her sales? Is it the same time that the Argosy Captain is in port? I'd like to buy bomb casings and catalysts on sale.

As far as I've observed, it seems pretty random. I'll check if it coincides with argosy next time he pops up.

Meanwhile, I have a question. I just finished my Helios/Selene X Gunner Set (FK YOU DARK/EARTH DRAGONGEMS) and following Iceman's guide for using a Kelbi Bow, I put on Quick Sheath.

I haven't noticed a damn difference.

Is this skill even worth gemming in?
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:52 am

No it's completely waste imho. Iceman is just a fan of this skill so he put it in for no reason what so ever, it's not included in official kelbi bow set. There are more useful skills for kelbi bow user. What's skill do you have so far?

Quick Sheath supposed to be working like focus on all weapons but the sheath animation is too fast anyway to require speeding it up. It only works good on weapons like GS with crit draw/punish draw which require putting your blade frequently.

This is official set up for kelbi bow, which require only Fastcharge+5 tali (easy to obtain)

Spoiler:

There are of course better sets, but it also require certain talis.
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:43 am

Antari18 wrote:
No it's completely waste imho. Iceman is just a fan of this skill so he put it in for no reason what so ever, it's not included in official kelbi bow set. There are more useful skills for kelbi bow user. What's skill do you have so far?

Quick Sheath supposed to be working like focus on all weapons but the sheath animation is too fast anyway to require speeding it up. It only works good on weapons like GS with crit draw/punish draw which require putting your blade frequently.

This is official set up for kelbi bow, which require only Fastcharge+5 tali (easy to obtain)

Spoiler:

There are of course better sets, but it also require certain talis.

Thanks for the confirmation.

But what's the use for focus with kelbi bow? I thought the point was to just spam lv1 as quickly as possible. Is it different for solo?

My current skill set is similar with HG Earplugs, Awaken, Partbreaker, and Bombardier. I'm kinda experimenting with Evasion +1, Evade Distance, and Stamina with the current talismans I have. So far I'm liking Evade Distance the most as it gets me out of Durambalos's tail smash.
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 5:44 am

sakura808 wrote:
Atalanta wrote:

As far as I've observed, it seems pretty random. I'll check if it coincides with argosy next time he pops up.

Granny just had items for sale and Argosy Captain wasn't in my village.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 6:04 am

Yes u're probably right. Focus won't help here. I forgot for a sec. about the spam. Evasion skills will fit just fine.

Btw do you know good way to get lagi sapphires? I need at least 4 for both blademaster and gunner Helios X coil...
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 7:54 am

Or you can stop using Kelbi Bow and use other bows or weapons. The Kelbi Bow is garbage and other weapons are far more efficient at dealing damage.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:25 am

Here we go again... if he wants to use it, let him.

Anyone knows what's fastest way to get lagi sapphires? tail farming High rank lagi or what? I'm baldemaster and farming G rank lagi underwater is very painful
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 8:28 am

Sai_ wrote:
Or you can stop using Kelbi Bow and use other bows or weapons. The Kelbi Bow is garbage and other weapons are far more efficient at dealing damage.

Neat. Then you don't have to use it. Or talk about it. Or say anything about it's existence at all unless asked to.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 10:43 am

Ya know.. regardless of the slime things.. the kelbi bow is the only bow that uses all coatings. Which makes it very versitile. So it makes sense that a lot of people would choose to use it for that reason alone..

Now since this is a q&a aection... And the kelbi bow thread is somewhere else...

I'll have to double check but Cap+Shiny drops+Tails on high/g rank regular laggies.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:04 am

Antari18 wrote:
Here we go again... if he wants to use it, let him.

Anyone knows what's fastest way to get lagi sapphires? tail farming High rank lagi or what? I'm baldemaster and farming G rank lagi underwater is very painful

I got mine very fast doing 2 ivory lagia, on land most of the time! And also a good chance to get some mantles while your at it ;)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 11:16 am

Its not fast, but you can do "Mark of the Hero"... got 1 Saphire, 1 Dios Gem and a Los ruby for half hours work. Talk about an intense fight though :-D
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 pm

sapphires:

Lggi

Tail carve: HR 2% - GR 3%

Shiny Drop: HR 1% - GR 0%

Capture Rewards: HR 4% - GR 6%

Ivory Lggi

Tail carve: HR 4% - GR 4%

Shiny Drop: HR 2% - GR 0%

Capture Rewards: HR 5% - GR 7%

Abyssal Lggi

Does not give..

Also, though it has not yet been confirmed in 3U (as it was in Tri) Pet your pig to rais the % of the rarer items (even if it's slightly) and try to get capture food skills for rewards.

Back to top Go down
CottonEyedJho
Kelbi
CottonEyedJho

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:48 pm

How does the day/night system work on the 3DS version again?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:12 pm

For Moga woods (freehunt)

Day='s low rank monsters and items

Night='s high rank monsters and items

HR monsters will give you higher * comodities and rewards. You can see what monsters are coming out in the moga forcast and there is a button you can click to switch from day/night to see what is in each. When you go to the woods it will ask which one you want.
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 12:06 am

so for my own convience I went through and have listed all the male blademaster armor, along with base Def, max Def and active skills. thought other might find it handy so here it is. (sry, too much hassle to get it to format better)

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 14 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 28 ... 43  Next