Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread

Go down 
+85
Ken Kurobasa
Shindouz
A Drunk Ninja
Raptor98
Raecarmicheal
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Tarath
RupertKnight
Big Boss
Cambell
Armoured Barioth
PerfectHeaD
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Fazermint
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Ticky
Roik
Darklinghunter
Win32error
comaprison
evahnulahm
devilution
Will
Slyffer
ShadowCeadeusDM324
TheLaw
Craeme
opok8
Enkidu
CottonEyedJho
Sephastus
Chagrilled
haruno
frostymm
Evilpwner
Randomhunter
Edsain
Andy124
HaBa912
Jake Johnson
sakura808
Shepherd
Sir Tristen
IceMage88
enemy61390
Azurian
Saisei
PixelP
PAiN---
Yuki
Hawkfriend
Dragsaw
MasterOnion
elchele
kama
IBGenius
Oni Zelkami
Lucas
bill_the_noob
E&Troy
Traiaprax
Silverwind
Antari18
Outkin
Atalanta
Tirith
Volke
Sai_
flyingdingus
Snagglux
Gilgames
Quentin
Arkenaw
parasky
DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x
It's meh
TKMT
MHWF
Lalo
laoshanicrus
89 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 7:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

this is a thread to post questions for monster hunter U (both wiiu and 3ds versions),
just ask anything related to mhu gameplay,tips,general info,etc.

examples

Spoiler:

Last edited by laoshanicrus on Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 6:51 pm

No, actually you need to kill/cap all monsters including alatreon, excluding Lunar narga, abyss lagi, savage jho.

Yesterday i stumble across some video on YT, on comments i read that it's required to not only kill/repel Jhen in the village but also event one, i mean G rank 0.o

@up: Ow than you! That's really good news to me :D All i really need to do is clear all village quests and kill ala :D Don't have to trouble myself with grinding for HR or killing that G rank Jhen-solo-impossible...
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 9:56 am

Yep, no need to kill G-Rank Jhen. All you need to do is Kill/Cap all Monsters except Lucent Nargacuga, Abyssal Lagiacrus, and Savage Devijho as stated already.

As far as HR, you unlock it at G3 or HR8.

Have fun hunting!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 5:39 pm

So I started G Rank, I'm still HR6, and I need to finish the Pink Rathian and Green Plesioth missions to move on. Thing is I have three GR Armors, Jaggi X, Arzuros X, and Crazy Cat Lady (Lago Head, Wrog Chest, Rheno Arms, Peco Waist, and Wrog Legs for Sharpness +1) Yet none of them are really helping against regular Rathian.

I've beat her, once, but that time she carted me twice, took all my Mega Potions, Max, Ancient, and Lifepowders, and I barely finished her off. Second attempt I think I got an equivalent to Silver Crown Small, and her hit boxes were all messed up and I ended taking huge hits from attacks that never touched me. ended up dying a third time after getting her limping to Area 11 in the Sandy Plains.

Now Arzu and Jag are out of the question to fight her with, and my Cat Lady is almost necessary since my only natural White weapon is Entomeothes, the Bug Dual Blades.

Is there a better armor set I should get? (I'm weary of Peco since he wastes ALOT of my Sonic Bombs, Flash Bombs, Dung Bombs, etc and no matter what he always calls Jho at least once) Or any weapons with Nat White I can get right now? I'm pretty good with anything except Great Sword and Hunting Horn, also Bowguns are too resource dependant for me.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:40 am

Ok, yesterday i did all arena quests with at least A rank, some of them for S rank. All for Sword Saint Piercing. I was guided by this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1f8O3mbPW1Y

Icemannoob said that all you really need to unlock SS piercing is clearing all arena quests once, and getting green "tick". I can now say this is just bs...

Can someone tell me how to get this item? And i mean really... someone who did this, not another non-verified opinion from gamefaqs.
Back to top Go down
CottonEyedJho
Kelbi
CottonEyedJho

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Do attack boosts stack?

Let's say I have consumed a Demondrug, am in Archdemon Mode, and have gained an Attack boost from Cha-Cha's dance. Do these three boosts count separately or do they count as one boost?
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 2:08 pm

CottonEyedJho wrote:
Do attack boosts stack?

Let's say I have consumed a Demondrug, am in Archdemon Mode, and have gained an Attack boost from Cha-Cha's dance. Do these three boosts count separately or do they count as one boost?

There are attack boost stackings, although they're grouped together (meaning only one boost per group can be active).

Same color items/skills do not stack with each other. This is not a complete list...

Might Pill
Might Seed
Demon Horn

Demondrug
Mega Demondrug
Kitchen Skill Attack Up

Armor Skill Attack Up
Powertalon
Powercharm

Archdemon Mode is an attack speed increase, independent of all of these. I'm not sure where attack buffs from Shakalakas, Hunting Horns and Demon Shot (LBG/HBG) fall in this list, but I'd guess those three are all in the same group. Probably in the first group with the Demon Horn.

Also, saw your question about Hercudromes. If you're in Low Rank, you'll have to be really lucky. In the Volcano, only one insect spot in Area 1 gives Hercudromes, and it's only a 5% drop rate. I don't remember if you can get them in the rewards from LR Volcano quests.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Alright, due to my loner playstyle I can't help but notice that I wish I had hunters for hire... which needs guild card trades. As I haven't dabbled in online play, and don't think I'll want to for a bit, I was just curious as to how often guild cards get traded? Can you make a room just for doing that and get a bunch of them at once?
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:18 pm

i was unaware of a guild card trading room <doesn't mean there isn't one>
generally i send my guild card when i join a room and the others will return the favor.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 6:32 pm

The only reason I'm asking is because my connection is really sketchy. I don't want to be the person that comes in and just trades cards when they expect to quest with me, I'm not sure if I can get through an online quest without dcing. It's been a bit better recently, but still shaky enough I'm staying careful.
Back to top Go down
opok8
Kelbi
opok8

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 2:26 am

im a new player to MH i got it for the 3ds, does anyone know if online will ever come to it?
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 3:46 am

only by connecting thru a wii u... or when mh4 comes out.
Back to top Go down
CottonEyedJho
Kelbi
CottonEyedJho

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 8:37 am

Oh, and what are the two tracks that play in Tavern on Offline Mode?
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:32 am

Search mh3u tanzia port OST.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 5:05 pm

No one knows about those Sword Saint Piercing? I guess everyone focus on other things... anyway i started clearing arena with all weapons 3/12 arena quests done. I hope you need to get A rank only in arena quest as whole, not with every weapon. Some of the weapons are just so retarded that soloing it and getting S/A rank is next to impossible. I managed to kill barioth in 28 minutes with that retarded bow just 2 minutes before time was up. I was so close on giving up on this...

Anyway if i'm able to do all weapons with all arena i post results here for future reference.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 6:08 pm

Lagiacrus. Killed 17 times
Not a single plate.
Brother does the quest once.
Gets 2 plates.
WTF Monster hunter?
Back to top Go down
Craeme
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:50 pm

IBGenius wrote:
Lagiacrus. Killed 17 times
Not a single plate.
Brother does the quest once.
Gets 2 plates.
WTF Monster hunter?

Welcome to the world of RNG.

Shit like that happens all the time, I had the same problems when I played MHTri in offline mode I couldn't get that damn horn for the life of me, then went online solo'd my 2 star urgent and got one. You just have to keep trying and hope for the best. If I remember right capturing leads to better results for rare mats.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 8:44 pm

Well the strange thing is I have 20+ horns also
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:54 am

hr lagi.....howwwwww? i get 3 shotted in brachy armor.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:11 am

I am currently stuck on the seven-star quest Shocking Development.

I currently wield/wear:

A Red Bludgeon +

and

a full set of Jaggi S Armor

Would there be a better set of armor I could farm that might have higher resistance to what Baleful Nox can throw at me?
Back to top Go down
TheLaw
TheLaw

3DS friends code: 0748-2193-3471
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Australia

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 10:16 am

I assume Shocking Development is B.Gigginox?

For that quest I'd go for a better armor, I used a set with HGE, (Azure Los) and a Gunlance, I think it was the Red Rook, or something fire, this essentially give you better defense and a skill that negates the roars, hopefully that helps out, Don't worry with the Thunder Res as with the earplugs skill, you shouldn't be anywhere near him when he does the Para/Discharge attack.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u3769
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 11:08 am

TheLaw wrote:
I assume Shocking Development is B.Gigginox?

For that quest I'd go for a better armor, I used a set with HGE, (Azure Los) and a Gunlance, I think it was the Red Rook, or something fire, this essentially give you better defense and a skill that negates the roars, hopefully that helps out, Don't worry with the Thunder Res as with the earplugs skill, you shouldn't be anywhere near him when he does the Para/Discharge attack.

Looks like it's the Village B.Giggi quest.

Armor wise, not much up to that point has HGE (Azure Los is 8* in offline), but Evade+1 can be used to roll through Nox roars (takes practice, of course). Volvi S could work here, since it also gives AUM without gemming. I'd have to look around what else was available in HR, but I only used Volvi S and Jaggi S in HR, so YMMV. Maybe Peco U? That should have high thunder resistance, and wind resistance (which helps with the leaps).

If you're going to use hammer, try for Plesioth Head. B.Giggi's top weaknesses are water and dragon (not fire), and Plesioth Head is the best available water hammer at this point. Plus its raw is higher than Red Bludgeon+, so you should see an improvement in damage output.
Back to top Go down
IceMage88
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Does anyone know where I might be able to find the elemental weaknesses for Azure Rathalos and Ivory Lagiacrus? Not what they are weakest to, but all of the numbers including statuses? Sleep and paralysis resistance for brachydios would also be great as the wiki does not list them.

Edit:nvm, I figured it out myself.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:11 pm

I have a question about speed eating skill.

What's the difference between speed eating+1 and +2? I have +1 on my set and really don't see any difference between having it or no. I saw on videos ppl using +2, which really speeds up the eating animation. So +1 is just garbage/illusion/not worth?
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 12:22 am

+1 only works with some items, +2 works with more items.
Back to top Go down
Chagrilled
Chagrilled

Thank you Points : 34

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 1:19 am

+1 works for meat type items, +2 works for potions and meat type items.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter U Q&A thread   Monster Hunter U Q&A thread - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter U Q&A thread
Page 15 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 29 ... 43  Next