Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 8 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal - Page 8 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal

Go down 
+92
Rowiehz
Big Boss
Verity19
Vivi
dcj91x
Phazon Xenomorph
Wanderer Jiyuren
Chai
SovereignCoffee
JFizzle
Un-Tan
Retoman
Cambell
PerfectHeaD
rjthakid
LucentNargacuga
aninymouse
IBGenius
YamiGekusu
anduin55
It's meh
Andy124
Firpi
2d6
Fazermint
Yamatsu
BoredForLife
Crystalis
Ataraxia
MetaMarx
Roik
Martoboyo
zeek
Randomhunter
JAGGIRIPPER
Archie
ShadowCeadeusDM324
IceMage88
WinNerd
Octondo
Roon
HaBa912
CottonEyedJho
Quentin
pumpkinslayer
Animated_Shadow
Enkidu
Unit33
sakura808
evahnulahm
Chagrilled
Tirith
brokemyfingers
Darklinghunter
Akai the White Lightning
haruno
X Kitsune X
Secun
Antari18
Will
Samochan
GobulHunterJames
Hawkfriend
E&Troy
TheLaw
laoshanicrus
blueberryvibe
Dross
Yuki
Ares
Amnesty
Gian
parasky
Snagglux
TKMT
Jake Johnson
Atalanta
Gilgames
RDC
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sai_
DanielisAwesome52
Edsain
Ultimate Jaggi
Anonymin
Saisei
Sephastus
Velits
bill_the_noob
Silverwind
PAiN---
Lalo
96 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

Hunting Journal - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 2:36 am

First topic message reminder :

well, first day of hunting. got a lot done.

fought my way all the way to lagiacrus, on the port I just defeated rathian
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:51 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Decided to do some event quests for the first time... as always, alone. Started colorful beasts, and didn't remember which monsters to kill... didn't know there were additional. After the first kill, I went to what I thought was the second... a brachidios. He was much stronger than the first, and it took me 20 minutes to kill him and I had a stupid rathalos always trying to join in on the fight. I didn't get a "1 monster left warning" and then I realized I had just wasted a good deal of time. I was really nervous that I wasn't going to have enough time to finish the quest if the rest of the 2 monsters were going to take me as long as the brachy... not even 5 minutes a piece... 3 weakened monsters and a brachy troll... way to go capcom, you got me good. *slow clap*. I will remember to fully read the monster list next time.

That is pretty much what happened to my brother. Except he managed to kill all 4 monsters.

On-Topic: My brother and I unlocked (Well, he was the one who actually unlocked it) the H. Jhen yesterday. Did that twice, and plan on making it's armor. In those two runs, I managed to get enough hard rock thingys, and well as enough shards for the armor. I also got 5 Ghostly Quarts, as well as two Earth DrgnSphires.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 7:00 pm

15 April 2013

5:00 PM CST

Just finished crafting my first full set of HR Armor: the Jaggi S set.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 10:45 am

Full G-Set Armor, and looking rather dapper (Quropeco X). Skilled for Destruction.

Found out why so many people complain about being "disconnected" from the game: Had a great group going after some targets, but in every single quest, there was this one guy that kept dying. Room leader booted him, and told us we would be better off doing things just the three of us, and indeed we did. Same person came back, and just before we set out, he booted him again. Same person came back while we were on the quest, complaining about possible bad net connection.

So, when you get booted, you instead get shown a "You have been disconnected from the network." Very nice, makes the user think that he just has a bad connection, and the room leader can save face.

Note: I am not in favor of booting those that can't carry their weight, but I was not the room leader, nor did I have the time to search for another room since I was going to bed after that last hunt.
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 11:32 am

Tons of disconnect issues when trying to connect online, played offline and cleared all of the 6* quests and only have dual gigginox, tri gigginox and gigginox/jade barroth left to have all 7* done.

Plan on knocking those three out and then going online if i can or doing offline volcano charm runs and making a new armor set.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 5:03 pm

15 April 2013

3:00 PM CST

Finished Desert Warfare in the six-star quests.

BTW, does the Guild actually have something hard?!

BTW, in the six-star quests, I still have:

Bye-Bye Bloom (Crimson Qurupeco hunt in the Flooded Forest)
Toxic Troublemaker (Great Wroggi hunt in the Flooded Forest)
Pink Queen of the Peaks (Pink Rathian hunt in the Misty Peaks)

and

Siren's Song (deliver a Paw Pass Ticket - I'm saving that one for last...)
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 8:37 pm

I went after the Crimson Peco in his hunt quest (six-star.)

I finally understand Peco calling the equivalent of a city bus...

and its name is not Rathian!
Back to top Go down
Dross
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 9:00 pm

Finished off goldbeard today. Was surprised I could do it in 25 minutes solo. I broke everything but his second horn, and was excited to carve a dark dragon gem as the first body carve. Now to farm me a Helios set for sharpness +1.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 am

Finished upgrading all of my sns as much as high rank materials will let me, actually got that freaking zinogre jasper thanks to chacha wearing Melynx mask. Starting on sw.axes now, hopefully it goes a bit smoother. At least gem hunting gives me the money surplus to make lots of weapons.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:27 am

17 April 2013

Going to go after Crimson Peco again today; however, I am first going to hedge my bet by crafting something that could serve me against Joe.

I looked Deviljho up; very weak against Poison!

I am one Rathian Plate from Sieglinde (rather powerful Poison GS.)

Step 1: finish crafting my Sieglinde.

Step 2: go after Crimmy again, this time properly armed against Joe!

(Personally, I'd like to see C.Q.'s face when I defeat Joe and then come after him!)
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 3:46 pm

I hadn't done night fighting at moga village yet, and decided it was about time I gave it a go. Peco down, Azure los down, Lagiacruz down, Volvidon down, Deviljho down, Rathian down. Very productive... so let me see how many rare tradeables I get. NONE!!!!!

/versad/

Wasted time.... I could have gotten more resources selling Lava nuggets or Plesioth Fins, and much more rewards doing the quests.

Bah... guess all entries can't be about how good things are going (but still not one freaking rare trade!)
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 5:53 pm

I will finish HR7 tonight.. hopefully lol. Add me on WiiU guys!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:15 pm

Pink Rathian must have torn the "Q's" out of my dictionary:

I don't know what this word, "quit" is!

BTW, she fully understands the concept now - having been sent to join her green sister...
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:12 pm

Sephastus wrote:
I hadn't done night fighting at moga village yet, and decided it was about time I gave it a go. Peco down, Azure los down, Lagiacruz down, Volvidon down, Deviljho down, Rathian down. Very productive... so let me see how many rare tradeables I get. NONE!!!!!

/versad/

Wasted time.... I could have gotten more resources selling Lava nuggets or Plesioth Fins, and much more rewards doing the quests.

Bah... guess all entries can't be about how good things are going (but still not one freaking rare trade!)

You should have cap Jho. It's reccomended to get it's 7* commodity.

As far as my hunts are going, i'm doing surprisingly well. Finally got 1 diablos hardhorn after farming literally 60 diablos, giving up on them and trying Black diablos for batter %. After 2nd black mama i got it, than made pretty decent set for GS, featuring parts from Helios Z, X and blos X chest. Fastcharge+5, 2 slots tali helps me get HGE, S+1, Crit Draw and Focus. Can't complain on that :D

Also did few mining routes. Got amazing talis as far as my table (9) goes. Sharpness+5, fire res+13 and recoil+4, teamleader+10. Also not too bad evade+3, OOO.

Yesterday i also finished my Agnaktor Z set. I think it will nicely fit with Skysunderer for my first Miralis fight. Thx to my godly Sharpness+5, fire res+13 tali i was able to get rid of this terrible -30 fire res. and now it's only -10. Not to mention i gemmed Razor sharp Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 2:21 pm

Antari18 wrote:
You should have cap Jho. It's reccomended to get it's 7* commodity.

When I go outside moga village to hunt, I tend to go as lightly equipped as possible to carve as much as I can. So, I carry, meat, my power/defense charms, whetstones and in case of emergencies, a stack of mega potions.

Being a hunting horn user, I didn't even need to use the Mega Potions at all, but it is still there for emergencies. The Jho was the 5th or 6th monster I was fighting, and if I had a trap, I would have most likely used it by then.

Anyways, I will eventuallly get all the rare trades when I decide to one day just do that. No biggie.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 7:42 pm

18 April 2013

Came closer to beating the six-star punishment, "Siren's Song."

Made an Icicle Fang GS for the mission - lasted longer before carting thrice.

Perhaps I should make some Poison Smoke Bombs to deal with Deviljho...
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Hawaii

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:04 am

Friday April 19, 4AM

Killed goldbeard another 4x today with Kirau. Still no sight of a Dark Dragongem, but Kirau managed to snag one.

Let me check my Guild Card... yes... 32 kills. An average 30 minutes each time... I have hack and slashed 16 hours of my life dedicated to this grotesque mountain-dew-induced-pee-colored whale with horns.

I have decided on an alternative for my Selene X Gunner set. Since I know Makoto and Ashvalan will want to farm goldbeard as well next week after Kirau and I get them to our rank, so maybe I'll score a gem then. Until then...

Selene Cap X (Bomb Boost +2), Volvidon Vest X (Bomb Boost +4), Selene Guards (Destroyer +2), Vangis Coat, Selene Greaves X (Destroyer +1), Talisman with Bomb Boost +5

Protection -6
Destroyer +10
Hearing +10
Loading +1
FreeElemnt +10
Biology +2
Tremor Res +4
Evasion +4
Water Res -4
Stamina +3
Bomb Boost +11

It's not the best, but this is definitely the easiest alternative I've come up with that has Awaken, Bombardier. and Partbreaker.

I really want my Kelbi Bow.
Back to top Go down
Darklinghunter
Popo
Darklinghunter

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Europe

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 1:20 pm

found Charm with +7 Free Element and +6 Potential , GG
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:35 pm

sakura808 wrote:
I have decided on an alternative for my Selene X Gunner set. Since I know Makoto and Ashvalan will want to farm goldbeard as well next week after Kirau and I get them to our rank, so maybe I'll score a gem then. Until then...

Selene Cap X (Bomb Boost +2), Volvidon Vest X (Bomb Boost +4), Selene Guards (Destroyer +2), Vangis Coat, Selene Greaves X (Destroyer +1), Talisman with Bomb Boost +5

Protection -6
Destroyer +10
Hearing +10
Loading +1
FreeElemnt +10
Biology +2
Tremor Res +4
Evasion +4
Water Res -4
Stamina +3
Bomb Boost +11

It's not the best, but this is definitely the easiest alternative I've come up with that has Awaken, Bombardier. and Partbreaker.

I like that set. However, what has worked best for me is evasion +2. Once I gemmed that into my kelbi bow set, I haven't been able to get rid of it. Especially on Lucent Nargucuga runs. My brother and I did a Lucent Nargucuga run in a little over 11 minutes, where as earlier that day, I was playing with some people online and we were only getting 15 minute runs. And none of us were using a kelbi bow.

Also, Does the Part breaker skill increase you damage when attacking certain parts of monsters? Or does it make the parts break easier for everyone in your group? Or when you attack a part of a monster that can break, you always do a set amount of damage to the monster itself in prop. to your weapon's damage, and it just increases the amount of damage you do to that part?
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 5:07 pm

19 April 2013

3:04 PM CST

My Carapace Hammer +, Cha-Cha, and Kayamba completed Siren's Song (defeated two Qurupecoes and delivered that Paw Pass Ticket!)

Now, its just the Plesioth and me left...

and I intend to look up his weaknesses today!
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 7:17 pm

E&Troy wrote:
sakura808 wrote:

Protection -6
Destroyer +10
Hearing +10
Loading +1
FreeElemnt +10
Biology +2
Tremor Res +4
Evasion +4
Water Res -4
Stamina +3
Bomb Boost +11

I like that set. However, what has worked best for me is evasion +2. Once I gemmed that into my kelbi bow set, I haven't been able to get rid of it. Especially on Lucent Nargucuga runs. My brother and I did a Lucent Nargucuga run in a little over 11 minutes, where as earlier that day, I was playing with some people online and we were only getting 15 minute runs. And none of us were using a kelbi bow.

Also, Does the Part breaker skill increase you damage when attacking certain parts of monsters? Or does it make the parts break easier for everyone in your group? Or when you attack a part of a monster that can break, you always do a set amount of damage to the monster itself in prop. to your weapon's damage, and it just increases the amount of damage you do to that part?

No idea. Let's send this to the Q&A section~
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 5:34 am

Finished sw.axes (mostly), saving gem hunting for final upgrades for when I need to generate money for other upgrades. Working on hammers now, still a long way to go. Should probably do that B.Giggi event quest though... sometime.
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 10:41 am

20 April 2013

Have changed tactics.

Instead of going right after Plesioth (I am at his six-star Urgent Quest right now,) I am upgrading my Red Bludgeon into a Red Bludgeon + (I need only one more Inferno Sac and one more Rathalos Plate) and upgrading my Vortex Hammer into a Vortex Hammer + (I need only one more Lagiacrus horn and Lagiacrus plate.)
Back to top Go down
Snagglux
Seltas

Thank you Points : 38

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:07 pm

Beat Mark of a Hero today in just under 30 minutes. It went the complete opposite of how I was expecting; Lagi caused me a shitload of trouble, and Los and Brachy were a cake-walk.

Anyway, I've got the Alatreon quest and am completely unsure on how to go about beating him. Compared to every other returning monster, my experience with Ala is practically non-existent.
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:01 am

April 20 11PM

I finally managed to get together my temporary awaken-gunner set. I got my kelbi slingshot and first upgrade, and took it out for some key quests in HR6.

O. M. G.

It is definitely awesome. With the two squirts distracting and provoking, I manage to get a lot of shots off. While I have noticed my kill time is only just slightly quicker when compared to if I used my normal Dios Bow, I take a lot less risks and don't have to worry too much about getting hit. And I'm very sure going with my LS would be much quicker, but I also know I would be stressing a lot more.

Went against Nibelsnarf earlier... HOLY CRAP HE HITS HARD! With Felyne DUL, and mostly upgraded armor, one hit sent my HP from fully maxed out to about 30%! G-Rank just got tricky.

I'm intent on finishing up the key quests and at least unlocking the Double Dios urgent. I will probably work on upgrading a water LS (most likely Barbarian's) for the fight. Not too sure if my Jhen set will be enough, will see.

/excited

:: edit ::

Just died vs. Rust Duramboros. The surprise charge after a tail smash/swipe got me almost every single time, and each time it took me to a sliver of health left, Twice with not enough time to recover and got smashed.

I managed to get it to limp and it ran to rest. As I was setting a trap, it woke up somehow (if something hit it, I didn't see it, probably hid behind it's body) and interrupted my set. Then it roared, and tail smashed me for my 3rd death.

Sad by vort

/depressed
Back to top Go down
sakura808
Popo
sakura808

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 7:23 am

Snagglux wrote:
Beat Mark of a Hero today in just under 30 minutes. It went the complete opposite of how I was expecting; Lagi caused me a shitload of trouble, and Los and Brachy were a cake-walk.

Anyway, I've got the Alatreon quest and am completely unsure on how to go about beating him. Compared to every other returning monster, my experience with Ala is practically non-existent.

Watch some videos. Depending on what weapon you use will determine how you will take it down. It has a few moves to watch out for, but most are fairly predictable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal   Hunting Journal - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal
Page 8 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next