Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Your weapons and armour paths Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Your weapons and armour paths Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your weapons and armour paths

Go down 
+3
Quentin
dcj91x
RupertKnight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RupertKnight
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

Your weapons and armour paths Empty
PostSubject: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 5:55 pm

Since I am brand new to 3U I was hoping I could get some of you vets to post some of your weapon and armour sets that you started with. I'd appreciate it if you would say what you tried and what was good about it or not good about it.

On my brand new character, I started with the SnS. So far I've upgraded to the Ludroth's nail and if I can get a Strange beak, I am building the bone tomahawk. My first armour set is Alloy, gemmed for crit eye +2.

I was thinking of getting Wroggi armour and gemming for status up, but I'm not sure if that is a good idea. Status is somewhat underwhelming when you are playing solo. The set looks pretty great though...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 6:18 pm

You are opening up a very heated disscusion.. i say that because there are a few paths here. There are some basics that I ans I feel most people would suggest (I'll keep it simple) Attack up, evade skills are always good for newcomers learning and most often sticking with basic armor sets.

Now... where you will get the more heated debates on is the mixed sets and the varying skills that a lot of "Older" players use. It really depends on each persons preferences and abilities. some are better in one are than another and some just have different veiws. Damage regardless of numbers will depend on the player so you will get verying degrees of opinions there. Most of my armors are mixed and while having skills I really Like also are based on looks. And while I suggest evade skills to a lot of people have never seen a point in them for myself or a use in having them.

Jaggi is a good basic set with good skills in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeWed Oct 02, 2013 9:01 pm

Jaggi/wroggi->volvidon(optional, if Jaggi is gemmed right you can get AUL). Then once you hit high rank its up to you. Most low rank armors aren't worth it, you would do better to use materials to get on weapons.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 11:39 am

Naked > Peco > Lagia > Rathalos > Brachydios > Azure Rathalos > Helios Z. Agreed with Quentin that Low-Rank armor isn't really dependent unless you're fairly new to MH. For starters I would go with Jaggi and then Volvidon.

For weapons, I only used Great Sword since it's my favorite weapon. I always go for the Anata Boneblade for the Para. Longswords, I almost always go for the Rathalos/Rathian LS. What got me through A LOT of farming was the Peco Switch Axe. Also, I used the Lagia Hunting Horn.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 12:42 pm

Since you automatically start out with 50 armor, Low Rank is pretty easy to get by with just Jaggi armor. That's pretty much what I did, and once I got to High/G rank, I got their Jaggi armors. And that lasted me through the Dire Moralis. I also personally used lance the whole way from Low Rank, through G rank. (And some Dual Swords, mainly for Brachydios) When it comes to weapons, I went through Low Rank too fast to really be bothered getting anything good. But I do remember getting the Rathalos Lance, and the Plesioth Dual Swords. Once I got to the Brachydios, I made it's lance and Dual Swords and those carried me through G rank. What I did was to mainly get through the whole thing as fast as I could.
Back to top Go down
Un-Tan
Seltas Queen
Un-Tan

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeFri Oct 04, 2013 3:00 pm

I am a minimalist when it comes to armors and rather than make one bilion specific armors I create 3 or 4 all-purpose sets(and a few special sets for guns) and this is the path I usually go with ever since tri. But instead of the Nargacuga armor I went for Barioth in "original tri".
Once you hit G-rank it is really up to you what you want to make.
I went Gigginox Z gemmed for Crit Draw as my all-purpose GS setup.
And I also made Rath Soul Z for my all-purpose for LS/DS.

Hunter/Yakumo > Rathalos > Nargacuga(highrank) > whatever G-rank you want.

Reason of thinking:

Hunter: comes with auto-tracker iirc and this early in the game you can't really get to any good sets to begin with so not having to look all over for a monster saves time.

Yakumo: is good looking, nothing else.

Rathalos: I went for dual-swords this time around and it had free speed sharpener and AuM.

Narga: Comes with Evasion+1 and Evade Distance up. Can easily reach eva+2 if you feel that it is needed. Or you can just put in razor sharp or speed sharpening into it otherwise.

Nox Z: It had focus and since a friend was making it anyway I just figured why the hell not. It got the slots to get pretty much any other skill you may want aswell.

Rath Soul: Crit Eye+3, Earplugs and Minds Eye for free? Yes please. And with the slots I have gemmed for either Handicraft or HGE+eva1. So once again it has the slots.

I hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
RupertKnight
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 10:40 am

Interesting. It seems the general opinion is to push through low rank as fast as possible. While usually I like to take my time with games, and get lots of stuff, I can see why this is valid advice. Having played tri, I'm already getting bored with the same old quests, so completing low rank armour sets does seem like a waste of time.

So I think I will focus on making a few key weapons to mess around with, and get myself to high rank as soon as possible. I do like the look of that volvidon set, so I might try to pick that up when I get there.

Thanks for the advice all!
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:55 am

Naked-Jaggi-Volvidon-Wroggi X

I didnt even bothered getting High rank Armor. After defeating miralis I just did all the sets I wanted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your weapons and armour paths   Your weapons and armour paths Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your weapons and armour paths
Page 1 of 1