Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Xenoblade Chronicles (That price...) Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Xenoblade Chronicles (That price...) Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Xenoblade Chronicles (That price...)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Xenoblade Chronicles (That price...) Empty
PostXenoblade Chronicles (That price...)

So, I was looking for the Xenoblade Chronicles online, as well as at GameStop. I saw it was a high rated Wii game, so I figured it was probably not that expensive. Boy was I wrong, once I looked at the price (Which was just a few seconds after looking it up on Amazon) I was wondering, why the heck is it so expensive. After looking at everything I could, I figured I probably couldn't get it for under 60$.

I gave up all hope of ever getting it, but I would like to know why it became so expensive. Were there only 5 copies ever made for the US or something?
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Xenoblade Chronicles (That price...) :: Comments

Will
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles (That price...)
Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:50 am by Will
Yeah IIRC they didn't make very many NA copies and nintendo region locks systems like the geniuses they are.
Yamatsu
Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:39 am by Yamatsu
Will wrote:
Yeah IIRC they didn't make very many NA copies and nintendo region locks systems like the geniuses they are.
Yup. It didn't help either that...
A. It came out in April 2012 in NA iirc, way ahead of the August 2011 EU release.
B. It was ONLY available in Gamestop... So less copies were made + sold.

PAL version goes for €40-€50, but Nintendo are fucking cavemen who region lock every system >_> Shame its so expensive, it's such a great game.
Andrew.
Post Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:39 pm by Andrew.
I was considering selling mine. But I'm teetering on doing so. Still unsure.
The UK price went down £45-50 to something like £35-45 now.
GobulHunterJames
Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:13 am by GobulHunterJames
I'm happy I got Xenoblade chronicles when it came out for £33 :3
dcj91x
Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:39 am by dcj91x
Actually GameStop got in trouble from Nintendo over the Price.. You should be able to get a USED copy of Xenoblade at GS for $39.99 if you go into the store and not online. (but that's if you get a good honest store) I was just there yesterday talking to a friend about it.

Saddly though Reggie and nintendo also mentioned this and other games and about online petitions and such and the pricing.. and why they decided to make it a store exclusive and such... In short.. he said we can have mario, they want money and we can go **** ourselves.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2013/12/reggie_fils_aime_petitions_dont_affect_nintendos_decisions
E&Troy
Post Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:42 pm by E&Troy
dcj91x wrote:
Actually GameStop got in trouble from Nintendo over the Price.. You should be able to get a USED copy of Xenoblade at GS for $39.99 if you go into the store and not online. (but that's if you get a good honest store) I was just there yesterday talking to a friend about it.

I apparently didn't get a good honest one because they were selling two used copies for 69.99 each.
Will
Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:48 am by Will
That's a good honest price, if they sold it lower they'd be dumb.
dcj91x
Post Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:48 am by dcj91x
If I get the chance today and the copy is still there (though doubtful) i'll stop by and take a picture of a used copy with the $39.99 price point here.

It's sad but yea, overall though there's not much that can be done about the way games are localized or priced and when X is released since it was already stated to be a world wide launch exspect Xenoblade or any remaining copies of it to go in price especially here in the states.
Post Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:52 pm by Guest
(edit by staff please refrain from suggesting illegally obtaing games on this forum, thank you: MHWF)  Reggie complains it didnt sell in NA but how can it sell if it cant be bought, lol
Ataraxia
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:01 pm by Ataraxia
On one hand, I understand; since Nintendo is a pretty huge company and I (read: most of the people who sign these types of petitions) don't know shyet about the inner workings and profit margins and such and so assume that since they are so large; they have to carefully plan everything they do to avoid... not getting paid.

However; outright saying "nah bro we don't really give one about any of you" is pretty damn harsh.
Win32error
Post Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:52 pm by Win32error
Hm, i can only say that it does seem like a steep price considering the age of the title. Should only bolster second hand sales instead of really helping much.
dcj91x
Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:40 am by dcj91x
dcj91x wrote:
If I get the chance today and the copy is still there (though doubtful) i'll stop by and take a picture of a used copy with the $39.99 price point here.

It's sad but yea, overall though there's not much that can be done about the way games are localized or priced and when X is released since it was already stated to be a world wide launch exspect Xenoblade or any remaining copies of it to go in price especially here in the states.

They said it sold as soon as I left.. I probably should have bought it myself but didn't really think about  it since it was just the game with no booklet or any of the pre-order stuff.

Though I am wondering Since Nintendo has already declared a world wide "open" release for "X" if they will also re release Xenoblade once X comes out.. I think this will depend more on if X is actually a sequal or no as there is still debate on it being more related to Xenoblade or Xenogear...
GobulHunterJames
Post Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:58 am by GobulHunterJames
The world seems like it's gonna be like Xenoblade, but since Xenoblade is the only Xeno game I've played I can't relate anything else.
I'm also curious as to why there's a Xenoblade Chronicles Puzzle in Streetpass Puzzle.
YamiGekusu
Post Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:11 am by YamiGekusu
I can't even find a copy of the game anywhere <_<

Spoiler:

During my recent trip to GameStop, and a local used game shop, the game's price ranged from around $40 to $70 between the stores (loardy, and I thought I paid a high price for a used copy of Mario Kart Wii...)
PAiN---
Post Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:00 pm by PAiN---
I just got a copy yesterday, i was surprised that the game and the case were in VERY good shape. Game itself is amazing fun.

Xenoblade Chronicles (That price...)

Page 1 of 1