Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Still waiting... - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Still waiting... - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Still waiting...

Go down 
+14
Tomderdepp
Gilgames
Lucas
Jinathin_x_X
PAiN---
Antari18
Amaku
Raptor98
MetaMarx
Ares
dcj91x
mrpogo
MHWF
Phazon Xenomorph
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Still waiting... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 14, 2014 4:27 am

First topic message reminder :

Pointless topic is pointless but yeah, after Power watching a bunch of trailers and some gameplay on Twitch TV of people playing MH4, we seriously need an announcement or confirmation on if we are ever getting this.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 1:11 pm

Though mainly about Nintendo overall this article: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/nintendo-dying-nintendo-3ds-wii-u-conquer-japan-2013-61730.html

Talks about the top 10 game sales of 2013 (in Japan).

1: Pokemon X / Y – 3,976.829
2: Monster Hunter 4 – 3,923,312
3: Animal Crossing: New Leaf – 1,730,182
4: Friend Collection: New Life – 1,580,067
5: Dragon Quest VII Remake – 1,227,377
6: Puzzles and Dragons Z – 1,005,697
7: Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 982,737
8: Grand Theft Auto V – 605,882
9: New Super Mario Bros. U – 584,479 (including bundles)
10: Wii Party U – 518,776 (including bundles)

Monster Hunter 4 with it's one version of the game ;) came is second place Just barely behind Pokemon x/y.

Other than a few titles notice that most on the list are also games released in the west or announced to be released.
Back to top Go down
mrpogo
Aptonoth
mrpogo

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 3:32 pm

Nintendo have dominated in the Japan by the looks of that. I think those sales might have been different if Monster Hunter was released on the Vita though
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:10 pm

They would be lower, obviously, 3DS kills Vita xD
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 6:11 pm

mrpogo wrote:
Nintendo have dominated in the Japan by the looks of that. I think those sales might have been different if Monster Hunter was released on the Vita though

Sony's support and sales of MH had declined greatly. Though p3rd had one of the best sales numbers on the system, capcom and sony couldn't meet other agreements about it.

Also with the overall low sales of the vita in Japan and world wide compared to the large numbers the 3DS currently has, I agree.. If MH4 had launched on the Vita sales would be much less.

Thankfull Capcom had no intention of releaseing it on the vita.. so we lucked out there. ;)

MHP3rd sold 2 million copies in a week, MH4 did that in less than 2 days.

3rd was exspected to get 5millions in sales in it's life.. MH4 has reached 3,923,312 in just a few months after it's japanese release.

Right now MH4 is the best selling MH game to date.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 9:16 pm

Can't help if you absolutely adore this game and are dedicated to the whole series <3 (even though I figured out about it sometime before last summer, although if I did figure out about it earlier, I'd have a lot of their games by now.. So addicting).
Back to top Go down
mrpogo
Aptonoth
mrpogo

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:41 pm

dcj91x wrote:
mrpogo wrote:

Sony's support and sales of MH had declined greatly. Though p3rd had one of the best sales numbers on the system, capcom and sony couldn't meet other agreements about it.

Also with the overall low sales of the vita in Japan and world wide compared to the large numbers the 3DS currently has, I agree.. If MH4 had launched on the Vita sales would be much less.

Thankfull Capcom had no intention of releaseing it on the vita.. so we lucked out there. ;)

MHP3rd sold 2 million copies in a week, MH4 did that in less than 2 days.

3rd was exspected to get 5millions in sales in it's life.. MH4 has reached 3,923,312 in just a few months after it's japanese release.

Right now MH4 is the best selling MH game to date.

Rightly so. MH4 IS the best monster hunter game ever made.
Im glad they released MH on 3ds instead of Vita. The vita would have burried 3ds if it had monster hunter 4 exclusively
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2014 11:57 pm

mrpogo wrote:
The vita would have burried 3ds if it had monster hunter 4 exclusively

pokemon
Back to top Go down
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 9:49 am

And Super Smash bros.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:43 am

And fire emblem and .. well a long list of games. The 3DS already had a massive following and sales before MH4 was announced. As you can see by the previous list the top 7 games are 3DS games. Though MH4 helps it was not the only game that reached massive sales on the 3DS. It just adds to nintendos already great list of games.

Also, you have to look at history. MHp3rd and so many other MH games were on the PSP exclusively... they did not help the system overall though being a great system it was still lower in sales than the DS.

Keep in mind there will be a PSV MH game coming out though. MHFgg will be released later this year, though only an update of an older game. Also MHFU was available on the PSV.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:15 pm

Yeah but on the other hand Vita version of MH4 would have batter graphics and be free from region lock which would make it more accessible to people in other countries. If you want to play MH4 right now you have to import whole set up - console+game, which is expensive combo for many. Not to mention I'll greatly appreciate Vita's second analog stick  /yes/ 
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 7:28 pm

You're going to get possitives and negative no matter which way you go and people will always complain that it wasn't on one system or another...

Still waiting for them to announce MH for the Atari 2600!!!!
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 10:03 pm

Seems my thread has stirred up a lot of attention, very interesting.
Back to top Go down
mrpogo
Aptonoth
mrpogo

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 12:02 am

Antari18 wrote:
Yeah but on the other hand Vita version of MH4 would have batter graphics and be free from region lock which would make it more accessible to people in other countries. If you want to play MH4 right now you have to import whole set up - console+game, which is expensive combo for many. Not to mention I'll greatly appreciate Vita's second analog stick  /yes/ 

I use Circle Pad Pro for MH4.

There is a MHFG game coming out for Vita. Maybe they will release that in the west. Granted, its an old game but still.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 1:14 pm

^ It's actually MHFgg, an update with better graphics and some gameplay advances. it's on PS4, Vita, WiiU, PC and 360 as well so don't exspect anything special aside from some systems gettting a few exclusive contint bonuses like Fire emblem on the WiiU and well... DMC I think is on every system...

But yes at least it gives the vita something.
Back to top Go down
mrpogo
Aptonoth
mrpogo

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2014 11:37 pm

dcj91x wrote:
^ It's actually MHFgg, an update with better graphics and some gameplay advances. it's on PS4, Vita, WiiU, PC and 360 as well so don't exspect anything special aside from some systems gettting a few exclusive contint bonuses like Fire emblem on the WiiU and well... DMC I think is on every system...

Its not better graphics its just a HD port of a game thats 7 years old.
Its also going to be subscription based. I doubt the west will see that either unless they make it free to play
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:01 am

mrpogo wrote:

wat
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 10:11 am

HD equals better graphics ROFL
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2014 3:18 pm

mrpogo wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

Its also going to be subscription based. I doubt the west will see that either unless they make it free to play

umm... ohhh kay. you do know gg will include new areas, a new weapon and the updated graphics.. it's a game update not an HD port.

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/01/06/monster-hunter-frontier-ggs-stands-great-graphics/

But anyways back to MH4 there should already be a post about MHFgg in the appropriate section.

well... back to MH4 after this which is not in MH4 ;)

Still waiting... - Page 2 Image52
Back to top Go down
mrpogo
Aptonoth
mrpogo

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:29 am

Raptor98 wrote:

(Staff edit: please do not attack other members for their comments. Remain civil and respectful of everyones opinions and veiws. MHWF)

"High-definition video is video of higher resolution than is standard. While there is no specific meaning for high-definition, generally any video image with more than 480 horizontal lines (North America) or 576 lines (Europe) is considered high-definition. 720 scan lines is generally the minimum even though many systems greatly exceed that. Images of standard resolution captured at rates faster than normal (60 frames/second North America, 50 fps Europe), by a high-speed camera may be considered high-definition in some contexts"

"Computer graphics are graphics created using computers and the representation of image data by a computer specifically with help from specialized graphic hardware and software"
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:52 am

mrpogo wrote:
Raptor98 wrote:

STFU you dont know what you are talking bout

LOL
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 3:25 am

I heard HD can make you sick.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:47 am

Amaku wrote:
I heard HD can make you sick.

That makes no sense whatsoever. You see real life in HD..infact your eyes are still better than current HD graphics are capable of, so if anything the more HD something is and higher resolution it is, the better your eyes will accept it.
Back to top Go down
Jinathin_x_X
Popo
Jinathin_x_X

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:04 pm

What we need to do is constantly letting capcom know we want mh4 to west.
Honestly korean version of mh4 took one month to translate.
So I mean come on, how hard is it them to translate and bring it to west?
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 1:55 pm

@Nova, I already knew that. :P I just wanted to see who would believe me.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 3:54 pm

Jinathin_x_X wrote:
What we need to do is constantly letting capcom know we want mh4 to west.
Honestly korean version of mh4 took one month to translate.
So I mean come on, how hard is it them to translate and bring it to west?

I think it has been sorted out multiple times that this is not a matter of translation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Still waiting...   Still waiting... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Still waiting...
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next