Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New Weapon: G or New Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
New Weapon: G or New Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Weapon: G or New

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

New Weapon: G or New Empty
PostSubject: New Weapon: G or New   New Weapon: G or New Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:10 pm

I am one of those, that when starting a completely new weapon choice, likes starting a new character altogether (I use different Miis). After that, I tend to not use ANY other weapon on that character until I get him to G rank (solo).

I feel this makes me learn my new weapon much better than if I just give my main character the new weapon. I do eventually make those weapons for my main, but only after I feel like I am completely proficient on the weapon.

What does everyone else think on this issue? Should a player just jump into the new weapon whenever they want, or only when starting a new character?
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

New Weapon: G or New Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Weapon: G or New   New Weapon: G or New Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 7:21 pm

I believe that either way can work. It's just that if you start a character over and choose to use only that weapon, you won't be tempted to just switch to a weapon you are more comfortable with (Because you have none.).

Overall I feel that if someone wanted to learn a new weapon type, the way you (Sephastus) do it would be better than just giving their current G rank player (or whatever they might have) one and doing it with them.

However, if a player doesn't necessarily know if they want to learn the different weapon type (Whatever it may be.). I think that they should just make a cheap one with their current character and try it first.

All that said, I never learned new weapon types by starting over. I always just made them with my current characters and practiced as I was going to G rank as well as once I was there. So I guess you could say I kind of practiced a bunch of new weapon types as I was going to G rank?
Back to top Go down

New Weapon: G or New
Page 1 of 1