Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Demo experience

Go down 
+17
anduin55
ZeroRyu
Roon
Ataraxia
dcj91x
Verity19
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Raptor98
Antari18
MHWF
MetaMarx
Yuki
Phazon Xenomorph
TKMT
parasky
GobulHunterJames
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

#MH4Udemo

So I got the dl code for the demo in Europe, after trying it out, I've noticed some weapons I used to be good with, I'm not doing that well, either because of the new terrain or changes.

For one, the bow now changes between Aim mode with X and you charge shots with R, after using the bow on MH3U so much I keep confusing the buttons. I have notice that instead of Arc shots you have power shots, after fully charging and firing a normal shot, pressing A will fire a power shot right after it.
The Sword and Shield also doesn't do the leap and is instead a running slash, which looks awesome but offputs my timing.

Now one weapon, the Switch Axe, I think as been improved, it plays largely the same but the sword mode X combo has an added quicker slice to it.
I love the Charge Axe, but the Insect Staff I'm not so fond of, I need more time with it to get accustomed to it.

I've yet to try out any of the other old weapons for their changes, but I'll be doing that soon enough.

Also you can fight the Gore Magala in the demo... It's a tough lizard.

I know the demo isn't out in USA yet, but I do hope that NoA gets on to that ASAP.
(Please don't hate me, I just wanted to share my experience with weapon changes D: )
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 2:27 am

TKMT wrote:
That satisfying feel to purposely launch an ally into the air to make said ally mount the target monster. ^.^
It seems like a lot of people are still not aware that that is a thing now.  However, whenever someone does take advantage of an upswing and manages to mount, it feels like the pinnacle of teamwork!
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Raptor98
Jaggi
Raptor98

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 6:19 pm

anduin55 wrote:
TKMT wrote:
That satisfying feel to purposely launch an ally into the air to make said ally mount the target monster. ^.^
It seems like a lot of people are still not aware that that is a thing now.  However, whenever someone does take advantage of an upswing and manages to mount, it feels like the pinnacle of teamwork!
I'm kinda worried that when people DO find out about it, though, some will be assholes and launch you even when they KNOW you won't be able to hit the monster and claim "I was trying to help you"
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 7:33 pm

Raptor98 wrote:
anduin55 wrote:
TKMT wrote:
I'm kinda worried that when people DO find out about it, though, some will be assholes and launch you even when they KNOW you won't be able to hit the monster and claim "I was trying to help you"
You bet I'll be claiming that!
Only if the person I launch is a total douchebag.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:13 pm

Can you go into an attack after being launched??? Cause that would be PHENOMENAL!!
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 12:27 pm

Yes, you can.

The Insect Glaive is probably the best one for it though as it somewhat specialized in aerial assults. Though any weapon can be used if you choose.. Not so sure how bowguns and bows work though.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Man... a group of Greatsword/Hammer/Swax/Horn users can have a field day with this! After doing your big moves (where you are left vulnerable for about a second), just having a team-mate hit you up in the air to continue your assault... priceless!

Now I am wishing for a local group of players to be able to coordinate these attacks!
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 2:44 pm

MHWF wrote:
Yes, you can.

The Insect Glaive is probably the best one for it though as it somewhat specialized in aerial assults. Though any weapon can be used if you choose.. Not so sure how bowguns and bows work though.

Bows have a close-range attack as an aireal, not sure bout BG but i suppose it's the same.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Downloaded the demo, finally. Started at around 3:30 PM, it finished at about 5 PM. Something was clogging the internet, and it wasn't me. Aaaanyway...

I love the pace of the game. Faster movement, height being a factor in combat (and not just "what can I reach from down here?" but actual airborne assaults and stuff), and the Tetsucabra and Gore Magala being pretty fluid in its movements.
The Felyne Fighters are pretty good (ergo, not just an occasional distraction for the monster), and they're actually relatively helpful sometimes. In particular, the one that gives you a boost up so you can Mount monsters, even without ledges to jump off of. It's also awesome to see him compliment and even help you when you pull it off. Wheee!

To prevent another massive textwall post by yours truly, I've marked my encounters with each monster so far inside spoiler tags.

Great Jaggi:

Tetsucabra:

Gore Magala:

I'll buy it by next month when I get the pocket money to do so, since I bought SSB-4-3DS to play with a friend. And if it's from the eShop, I'll probably get a bigger SD card too, like, 16GB or something, so I don't have to micromanage my space. I'm already under 3k blocks as it is.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 4:19 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Can you go into an attack after being launched??? Cause that would be PHENOMENAL!!
Yeah, it's a great feature.

Another cool thing about being launched by allies is that your aerial attack can be aimed in any direction.
Say you were sent over the target monster, and it's now behind you... You can hold back and attack to strike the monster with a quick turnaround.
Tomderdepp wrote:
Bows have a close-range attack as an aireal, not sure bout BG but i suppose it's the same.
Bowguns have a melee bash attack in the air iirc.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:29 am

TKMT wrote:
Bowguns have a melee bash attack in the air iirc.

Yeah, just tried mounting with the HBG set on Tetsucabra - its a strike using the gun's barrel as a makeshift weapon. Also a quick way to deploy HBGs if you're coming in straight from a drop, like I would do in Area 9 if the intro for the Tetsucabra didn't play every frikkin' time I hunted it.
EDIT: Light Bowguns do the same, except with less range. This makes it pretty awkward to mount.

Speaking of introductory cutscenes, why isn't there one for the Gore Magala? It's just "oh hello there Gore Magala let's duke it out" - which considering that the first two monsters do, in fact, have cutscenes is...weird, to say the least. Oh well.

Tried hunting with the Glaive and Charge Blade against Tetsucabra - MUCH better. It's easier to hit, and there aren't any flunky enemies for you to deal with in the middle of your fight.

Kinsect Glaive vs. Tetsucabra:

A question: while fighting Tetsucabra, my Kinsect Glaive resharpened automatically for whatever reason after I recalled it. Can someone tell me what's going on with that?

Edit/Update: Holy shit, I just had the best online Tetsucabra pub ever. I went Insect Glaive (I am really, really loving this thing), a French guy did too, a Spanish guy went SnS and I think another Frenchie used a GS or a Switch Axe, I don't really remember.
The end result was some amazing teamwork: barely any mounting interruptions or friendly fire, apologies from everybody when it did actually happen, and we even pulled a sleepbombing as a finishing move.
Also, pole-vaulting with the Glaive is awesome. It can even go up medium-size ledges, which is something to keep in mind.

Last edited by Mr Stark on Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Azurei
Kelbi
Azurei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 11:55 am

Mr Stark wrote:
A question: while fighting Tetsucabra, my Kinsect Glaive resharpened automatically for whatever reason after I recalled it. Can someone tell me what's going on with that?

In the demo, both the insect glaive and the bow are weapons made from Seregios, the 4U flagship monster (despite some english articles saying Gore is the flagship monster, since the west never got 4...).  I'm not sure about the ranged weapons, but all of Seregios' melee weapons have the special property of self-sharpening when you roll/dodge.  While the effect is not as much as using a whetstone, it lets you fight a lot longer without needing to use one.  At least I'm fairly certain that's how it works.  Feel free to correct me if I missed something or got anything wrong.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:29 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Speaking of introductory cutscenes, why isn't there one for the Gore Magala? It's just "oh hello there Gore Magala let's duke it out" - which considering that the first two monsters do, in fact, have cutscenes is...weird, to say the least. Oh well.
I kind of wish there weren't any intro scenes(in the demo).
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:33 pm

Broke down and got the demo, and I am very happy with how this game is working. Sooo fluid in its movements. I tried the Insect Staff... and it is too showy for me. Press one button and you do some break-dancing. Press 2 buttons and your are immune flying through the air... I learned a bit on how to draw essenses... I think this weapon is not for me initially.

Love my Greatsword, and I am not sure why people are complaining about the Wider Arc power move. You can't move for about 1 second afterwards, so that immediately told me: Only do this when you have to get a good burst in, or a cut.

Haven't figured out if there is anything new with the hammer... Can't wait for the full game to come out.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:09 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Love my Greatsword, and I am not sure why people are complaining about the Wider Arc power move. You can't move for about 1 second afterwards, so that immediately told me: Only do this when you have to get a good burst in, or a cut.

the "Horizontal swipe" (if i may call it that) is really powerfull (if you charge the power charge up to lvl3 and combo into it it does the same amount of damage as a normal lvl3 charge) and great at times, but it completely destroys every combo.
i find that especially annoying after the arial attack, you can ONLY combo int that move (or roll). I would find it more natural if you could just start comboing after landing on the ground.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 1:35 pm

Azurei wrote:
Mr Stark wrote:

In the demo, the insect glaive is made from Seregios. All of Seregios' melee weapons have the special property of self-sharpening when you roll/dodge. While the effect is not as much as using a whetstone, it lets you fight a lot longer without needing to use one. At least I'm fairly certain that's how it works.

I guess I'll be farming Seregios plenty in 4U, because that is a really neat trick.
Any other special properties I should look out for?

Back to top Go down
Verity19
Black Gravios
Verity19

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 0619-6394-9770
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 pm

Azurei wrote:
In the demo, the insect glaive is made from Seregios. All of Seregios' melee weapons have the special property of self-sharpening when you roll/dodge.  While the effect is not as much as using a whetstone, it lets you fight a lot longer without needing to use one.  At least I'm fairly certain that's how it works.
Knowing how often I tend to roll and dodge around in fights, sounds like I'd benefit from looking into Seregios farming when I get the game.
Back to top Go down
Azurei
Kelbi
Azurei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 pm

I knew I read about the seregios weapons somewhere, but couldn't remember.  Turns out GaijinHunter wrote a pretty comprehensive review of the gear and how the sharpening/reload mechanic works.

gaijinhunter.tumblr.com/post/102845065297/mh4g-seregios-g-rank-weapons-review

A few quick facts from the entry:
For Blademaster weapons, every 5th time you evade with your weapon out you will recover 5 points of sharpness (not a full sharpness level, of course).

For Gunner weapons, every time you evade with your weapon out, you will auto-load a single shot of the type you have selected.

For Bow, the close coatings gain the same power-enhancing effect of power coatings.

Definitely worth a read.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 7:07 pm

Azurei wrote:

For Blademaster weapons, every 5th time you evade with your weapon out you will recover 5 points of sharpness (not a full sharpness level, of course).
What the hell? o.o

That's pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:08 am

It's settled, I am totes maining Insect Glaive. Jumps on a dime, good reach, especially against flying enemies, self-buffs are awesome, Kinsect does good damage, and I can mount my prey practically whenever and wherever I want - with the side effect of me getting very, very good at mounting. Most of the time, I can topple even Gore Magala reliably.

Also, Disposable Earplugs are a marvelous invention. Against low-power roars, I'll probably only need one, but it's a huge help regardless when I'm initiating a fight and nabbing those essential essences. I hope you can make them by combining, or buy them at the shop. Both would be great.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 4:18 pm

Fun stuff in MH4Ultimate Demo:

Launching players in the air can be useful, now. Launch a player, launched player can use a mount attack. So much fun.

Put away a weapon just before walking off a ledge will result in an instant sheathing of your weapon. Will not work on high cliffs.

Roll toward a climbable wall with your weapon drawn and press A near the end of your rolling animation to start climbing. No need to put away your weapon!

Roll off a ledge or cliff to cover less distance than simply sprinting off.

This game has nice mechanics.
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 12, 2015 4:33 pm

I think I impressed a guy using a Hammer with my bow skills against Tetsucabra today. It's too bad you can't find out who you play with for future MH4U co-op hunts, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if I meet up with people I've hunted with on the Demo. I'll make it a point early on to ask around.
Back to top Go down
Azurei
Kelbi
Azurei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 5:10 pm

So, up until last night, I had been enjoying the demo on my 3ds xl that I've had for a while now, along with a circle pad pro. As of today, I just finished a few demo hunts on the new 3ds xl I just picked up while waiting for the full game to arrive. I'm impressed with "almost" everything on the new 3ds compared to the old one. The stable 3D is amazing, and the bump in visual fidelity is noticeable in the demo. In fact, it even looks like the antialiasing, which only activated in 2D mode on the old 3ds units is active even in 3D on the new one. Though I took a pretty quick look at that, so I'm not 100% sure that's the case.

However, I am already missing my circle pad pro. While the nub does work, I found that if my thumb got even slightly sweaty (and both my hands do tend to sweat when gripping a controller and concentrating), it was a lot more difficult to get the nub to respond. My thumb tended to slip off of it. Still, that's the only sticking point I've found with the new system, and I'm loving all of the other changes so far. I'll get used to the nub, as it does work. It just requires a different finesse to using the cpp.

Finally, as a word of caution to anyone getting a new 3ds xl, the bottom cover, which you need to remove to access the microsd slot, feels a lot more flimsy than I thought it would be. I almost thought I was going to snap it when I pried it off. I didn't, but I suggest being careful with it all the same.

Here's hoping I get to see you guys in the full game in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 6:38 pm

My new 3ds with Mh4U didn't come with a wall charger! Anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Azurei
Kelbi
Azurei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 7:48 pm

Sephastus wrote:
My new 3ds with Mh4U didn't come with a wall charger! Anyone else?

Welcome to Nintendo. Unfortunately, that's by design and not a mistake. I'm sure anyone here on the forum from Europe or Japan can tell you Nintendo's been doing this to them for the last few years. With the new 3ds, Nintendo finally got around to shafting the americas as well by not including an AC adapter. Everyone hates it, but Nintendo is being Nintendo. Sorry it was a surprise for you, but my only advice is to try and find a decent charger somewhere. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 14, 2015 2:39 am

Sephastus wrote:
My new 3ds with Mh4U didn't come with a wall charger!
Well, yeah.
Nintendo believes that everyone who buys the New 3DS must be upgrading from the original 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Demo experience   MonsterHunter - Demo experience - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Demo experience
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4