Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Online or offline? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Online or offline? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Online or offline?

Go down 
+5
th8827
Chips
Sephastus
Un-Tan
MHWF
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Online or offline? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2016 11:32 am

First topic message reminder :

Online or offline? - Page 2 MHGen_GIF_Astalos

I usually complete the offline mode of a Monster Hunter game fully before starting online. I may to some gathering missions and early hunts with friends but rarely do I go full in to the online portion of the game.

I do this for a few reasons.

Online or offline? - Page 2 MHGen_GIF_Gammoth

I like to keep the game as challenging as possible all the way through. Most often the gap between online weapons and gear versus offline weapons and gear is too big of a gap. Having online items to play offline usually causes the offline to be more monotonous and simple. While completing the full offline first and then going online seems a smother transition. For me, completing offline before committing to online makes the game more well rounded all together.

Online or offline? - Page 2 MHGen_GIF_Glavenus

Another advantage I feel of completing the offline portion of an MH game first is the weapons and armor that aren't always available online. While often not as powerful as the online weapons you could have playing the same amount of time online, the offline exclusive weapons usually look really good. Same with the armor. Once you've past a certain point online though there's no reason to have them. This makes it pretty much pointless to have anything but the armor you get online if you choose to start there first.

Finally, while Monster Hunter games are not known for their epic stories (which they don't really have). There is still some story elements and a lot of characters to speak with. In generations many characters from past games return and makes interacting with NPC's worth while.

That's my thoughts on the matter anyways. What do you all think? What's some of your alls thoughts on playing one element of the game first versus another? Do you have tips on play both equally to keep it balanced?
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net

AuthorMessage
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 3:45 pm

Claims that are backed up by damage formula and video proof*

If you care about number your should check out the MH subreddit.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 4:58 pm

Before I go on in this argument, lets get something clear:

1) Hitting an area where your weapon bounces vs hitting an area where you weapon doesn't bounce = no difference in damage? If this is your argument, then I do not believe it to be right.

2) Hitting an area with a weapon that bounces, vs hitting the same area with a weapon that doesn't bounce (weather it be with fencing or increased sharpness) = similar damage? If this is your argument, you are most probably correct.

Damage formulas are based on the weakness of the part being hit, and in every one of them, if you focus on getting the weakest area, the monster will consistently go down faster, than if you just strike at whatever is closest to you at the moment. - This is my argument.

Bounce or not, if you go after a weak spot, with the exact same strike vs going to a spot where you CAN bounce off, even if you don't, will always mean you are hitting for much less damage.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:02 pm

Don't forget that you are all arguing "old material". Generations is likely different as it had been stated when released in japan (MHx) that there had been a lot of updates done to the game and damage system.

Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:11 pm

My point is bouncing does not reduce the damage of your hit by 75%. I don't even know where the rest of this tangent is going.

And this
Sephastus wrote:
Hit a non weak area = (50 * .25 ) = 12.5

is wrong.

R.I.P thread derailed for gud
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 6:40 pm

Point is even one bounce is enough to annoy me, and even the best hunters don't hit the weakest part 100% of the time so get off the high horse
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 7:58 pm

a GS i can understand, the charge atk is by far the strongest hit and you want to hit with it, you already have to wait for your openings with the gs lol

for most other weapons, you kinda have to take whatever you can get, and it's not like you are hitting bounce spots all the time, especially once you get out of that blasted green level, or at least get enough green to last most of the fight if not all(blasted low rank microscopic green levels x.x) but it's not like you are always hitting the bounce spot still, you take what swings you can get, especially as swax or with minds eye, cause bouncing is still dmg vs doing no dmg at all cause you are waiting for a beter swing to show up. The main reason to try to avoid bounce spots and loose out on any extra dmg youcan squeaze in, is cause bouncing without swax or minds eye makes you a sitting duck to get wrecked and carted lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online or offline?   Online or offline? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Online or offline?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2