Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So....Who's playing this ?

Go down 
+12
Tomderdepp
Crystalis
Sephastus
ReploidZero
MHWF
BoredForLife
Jojozityjo
Ataraxia
Kanade
th8827
Chips
icowa
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
icowa
Popo

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2016 11:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

So anyone hacking away in this game?

thoughts on what changes you like and what changes you dislike?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 8:43 pm

i dont see my post, it's a post between that last one and the on up where i was talking of EX and R versions of armor and how MH needs a transmog system.

i made a post saying how a transmog system could be impliment in a cool, fair way, and the post is gone. I knew it was there too, cause i read it over to double check my wording after i posted it. The only thing in it that could have merited a delete was all i said was "if transmog system completely ruins a game for you, that's kinda sad, it's just a transmog system, why care what others look like as long they arent jerks or ruin hunts"

and, jumpt to conclusion? what else could it possibly be? Did one of the admins do some forum structure changing and somehow that 1 post has gone missing instead of the entire thread or the thigns said after my post? doesnt seem likely. So what else could it possibly be other than some mod or admin deleting my post?
Back to top Go down
icowa
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 2:11 am

hmm, a question.. I'm at Guild mission 3 star now and is wondering who the "beep" do I have to mow down to get Monster Bone L

Thanks..
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 9:17 am

You should download Ping's Dex be farming Crustacean Frustration in 3* village unless you want to wait for high rank, where you can kill the little cephalos for a 20% carve
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2016 8:19 pm

you should look up Kiranico too, it's an amazing database for all monster hunter info, i use it to find out where to get things or what i need or what this or that monster is weak to and such, figure out which (insert element and weapon here) is the best of that element and weapon for me, etc, pretty good lol
Back to top Go down
icowa
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 3:45 am

Crustaceon frustration.. got it.. will try later on..

problem is Kiranico isn't really updated on MHx farm guide the last I check..
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 1:11 pm

I spent hours trying to make a room for the Zinogre footbath quest over the last few days, but no one would help me. A few people came in, looked at the quest, and left. Then, I ended up soloing it. (It was hard)

I then decided to try to help other people with that quest if they need it since I had such a hard time with it, but every room that I tried to join was full by the time that I checked that they were doing the Footbath quest and pressed the Join button...

Similarly, I spent over an hour waiting each day for a week trying to get a group for Redhelm 8, but no one would join me. Just the occasional person who pops in, looks at the board, and says that they hoped for a lower level quest (even though I named the room Redhelm 8), then leaves. I have seen other rooms for Redhelm 7 or 9 fill up quickly (I refreshed the list), so it is not because people don't care about Redhelm...

I'm beginning to wonder if I am on some sort of low priority list for queueing, since I rarely have people enter my hubs, even after waiting for extended periods of time, but every hub that I enter fills up quickly...
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2016 8:12 pm

sounds like you could use getting some hunting friends, you could always friend me on there th8827, i dont mind helping people out ^^
Back to top Go down
icowa
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 7:24 am

I don't mind helping out if my lvl permits me to..

how do you add a friend from outside the gathering hall?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 10:27 am

Go into the "Friends" section of the 3DS and you will see your friend code as well as the ability to add a friend by code, and all your current friends.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 9:18 am

*sigh* I dunno what went wrong with me and this game...
I was so excited about it but now all the hype is gone and all I'm left with is a low rank tamamitsune armor and a bunch of cats I liked.
I don't even care enough to go rank up online >.>
Tamamitsune is the only redeeming factor for me.
Here's hoping the next mh game is more to my liking Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 11:32 am

^ What specifically do you feel is the problem? How was the village portion of the game up to "the Fated Four" for you?
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 3:22 pm

I don't think I have a specific reason other (turns out I had many) than that it's the same exact thing I've been playing for 5 years now.
Yeah I know its mh, I wasn't expecting much variation but the arts and styles don't really make that much difference for me, they are certainly making it more entertaining than before but still.
And the quests have been a drag, even when I started skipping all the gathering ones. I prefer having to farm the same rathalos quest 20 times than having multiple rathalos quests pop up every now and then.
The story I didn't really care about in 4, but it had some sense of progression and gave the game a normal flow through the quest ranks. I really dislike having to go from Yukumo to kokoto and back to yukumo to speak to all the villagers that pop up.
All in all I just get the feel that Gens was a rough sketch of a game (what with the dumbed down monsters introductions and the weird perspective change) with good ideas but (shitty imo but for the sake of argument) mediocre execution. And it was a shame for me, mh4u seemed a really good turn for the best.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2016 5:56 pm

^ I can see where you are coming from on all that. Oddly though 4U and Gen were the opposite for me. I liked 4u and the monsters but didn't really get into it as much as I thought I would. Gen (while it seems way simple overall) has kept my attention a bit more. Maybe the cats in this one have something to do with that (or being able to solo both guild and village quests so easily). The villages I actually like visiting but more for nostalgia due to past games than anything I guess.

The intro's I also like, but only because I can save pictures of all of them.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAADAAADV0aItw8ZDQ

I think what actually ruins the game for me if anything is that CapJap tried to make it more "western" with the intention of us being able to play it easier than previous games in the series. That might also be a reason for many it doesn't feel as well put together (story or monster wise) as Tri or 4U. Yeah it's a jumble of all different (Japanese) popular monsters and tries to add new elements that don't necessarily fit with previous MH games.... But at least we got it without CapJap skipping one in between.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 1:57 pm

I personally treat gen just as a full on spin-off by playing prowler mode exclusively. It kinda makes me miss the grind though and the satisfaction of creating a new set or weapon.

not sure if it has anything to do with prowler mode but gen seems to me just a lot more tedious than previous games.

I do kinda like how they include the fandom though, like the reference to GaijinHunter or the Haiku about how jho looks like a pickle. I just hope they keep them as subtle as they are in this game if they continue doing this in the future.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 15, 2016 3:59 pm

This iteration of the game is lacking the openness of MH4U. In 4U, there seemed to always be something to strive towards... while this game seems to have a definitive END. Once you get this set-combo, you are done, and will only hunt for fun, and not need.

Mind you, I am no where near that end, but the fact that I can "see" it, means that this game just feels that much shorter.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2016 9:39 pm

now that the gathering quests r out of the way im having a great time cept for some frustrating moments but that happens in every game! i haven't hit my skill peak yet so still more fun to be had!
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
icowa
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:31 am

Just beat Glavenus on village quest for the first time last night (I got knocked around like a pinball but didn't die once {Miraculously})

and fought him a couple more times today.... getting better at it but in overall, this sucker is the single most monster in the whole game (so far for me at least) that manages to seriously make a run for it to another map and heal.. LOL

hmm, to the opinions of the game.. hmm.. I dunno.. I didn't get a chance to go very far in MH4u.. I only hit g rank 2 or 3 star, I think..

but somehow , i am stuck in liking Gen more than 4u.. maybe its because of the aerial arts... there's just something about leaping up and bring a damn big freaking charge axe down on them and mounting them that make me squeel with glee..

the lack of story and cinematics in Gen is pretty disappointing for me though.. some changes to the way you attack with weapons in different arts getting me down too (looking at your Dual Swords).

other than that, I can't find it in myself to play 4u anymore..

thats just me though..
Back to top Go down
icowa
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 2:59 am

Just did the fated four ..

boy was it fun... while it lasted.. LOL
Back to top Go down
evahnulahm
Seltas
evahnulahm

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code: 0276-0576-8464

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 11:08 am

Doing some cleanup of the early village quests with my prowler and then going to start working on breaking my HR cap so i can increase the palico scout level. Does anyone happen to have a super good prowler cat that i could snag? I have heard about Gaijin Hunters two cats and if someone has those that would be sweet.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 8:46 pm

ive been keeping up with my village requests, i liek to get every quest done before ranking up
Back to top Go down
icowa
Popo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 10:45 pm

I finished all my village quest except for star 6 ( or was it 5 is the last star for village?)

there seem to be a mission yet to be unlocked for it thus I have a Blue colored tick for it instead of the usual red tick.

now going online to look for random players to help me lvl HR faster...

btw, anyone knows which missions gives a good decent amount of "Armor Stone"?
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 29, 2016 8:37 pm

im starting t oget really tired of the rng charm system on mh games, like, i swear, they will end up being what drives me away from the franchise if they keep up with this massively horrible of an rng for charms x.x
especially if they keep on this path that 95% of their armors must suck or have mismatched skills so you heavily rely on jus the right charms to get even just basic level 4 skill sets, sometimes even need them just for decent 3 skill sets x.x
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 10:30 am

Capcom developers just decided to take the easy way out of things. They tried so hard to make it so that one set of armor/weapons is not overall superior to all others that they made the game less appealing than it should be. They made it bland, and not really worth the time to farm a particular monster. You could just start with the initial weapons/armors of the game, and fully upgrade those, without ever changing out, and finish the entire game.

... that is the main mistake.

Sigh... there is still no better game out there (cept maybe MH4U or any online version of MH).
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 9:15 pm

nowi dont really mind them trying that, it'd be nice for all armor to be equal so then people could wear what looks cool, like you could back in MH1 days, but they didnt exactly do that. They made all armor suck, except specific, key armors, locked behind infinite walls of restrictions, until you cant do anything at all with armor, not even mix-match, until you have finished pretty much every single last thing there is to do in the entire game.
Im HR7, the last HR essentially, and i still cant even get a simple furious rajang armor cause he is still locked behind some restriction of quest unlocks, or elder dragons. Not to mention there is a number of armors, locked away behind a mile long quest chain of village requests that my bf is suffering more from atm cause he isnt a completionist like me. Im just tired of it, the entire game i feel like ive been stuck with these, temporary or restricting armors that just keeps me from trying out all the weapons cause teh skills suck so i only stick to whatever i can manage, mostly swax, and only recently bow since i got gourmew with a fast charge talisman. I dont like feeling like im stuck like this for the whole game x.x
it's very discouraging.

Least they did pretty much everything else right, removed thsoe stupid frenzy/apex monsters, Hypers arent stupid either, just a nice buff with changing faster/harder parts, the upgrade system is pretty beautiful and easier to see my branch options with, even the styles and arts are a nice touch, least i have those to help me feel a tiny bit less restricted and honestly, it's probably only because of those that i have just dropped the game cause i feel the game doesnt want me to be my jack-of-all-trades free spirited self.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 02, 2016 1:38 am

If we're all talking about our problem's with the game, here is mine: REUSED ASSETS.

It's pretty clear that this game did not take too much to make. Sure it has some new monsters and variants on them, a new class, arts etc, but most of it is just dumped from other games. The biggest disappointment for me is the areas. Remember how the dunes is a complete revamp from an older map? That was awesome. The old areas now are just "Hey... put a tiny ledge here and uh... here. Cool we're done." I really liked the dynamic terrain of all the maps in 4U and now it's just back to being flat.

Deviant monsters are also an idea I want to like, but just can't. They're pretty much just subspecies anyways. The big killer for them is the horse-shit ticket system. I made a crystalbeard set so I could look like a gundam, but then I was locked into this hell of doing each quest 3 times. That's 30 quests just to slowly upgrade some armor. Armor spheres are a fine idea! Use that! I can buy so many!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So....Who's playing this ?   So....Who's playing this ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So....Who's playing this ?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next