Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
bowgun help Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
bowgun help Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

bowgun help

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 4:12 pm

what to I have to know if I want to hunt with bowgun?
I mean things like:
light vs. heavy bowgun
which shots should I use in which situation
what are good armourskills
and stuff like this
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Light vs heavy depends on your choice. HBG are said to be better for damaging, but i personally like the agility of LBG, not to mention rapid fire.

Shots depend on the monster in question as well as the bowgun. If you are using a LBG with a rapid fire bullet, bring plenty of that bullet (as in maximum carry amount+crafting materials). I generally bring normal s 2 and 3, pierce s 2-3, crag s lvl1, and whatever elemental shot is effective on the creature, though i use a LBG which can't use all the crag/clust bullets. It's also quite easy ti buy/make all those bullets in massive quantities. Avoid normal s lvl 1!!!! the infinite ammo may look good, but it's like fighting akantor with pop corn...

Good armor skills... again, depends really. I LOVE my death stench s set, but at hr7 i doubt it's a good idea...

-evade+ or evade distance up are good if you want to use an HBG/are scared of getting squashed.

-Autoreload (death stench /yes/ ) is amazing for any bowgun, as it removes almost any need to reload (exceptions being that you have to reload when you switch ammo, as well as rapid fired bullets reload as normal).

-Elemental attack up is useful if the monster you are intending to fight is very weak to a specific element (this is especially useful considering how strong kirin armor (and its s/x versions) is, which is a great armor that grants this skill as well as other good skills)

-There are a ton of bullet up skills such as normal s up etc... which might be good when paired with a nice strong rapid fire LBG
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:50 pm

im in village quests still so i use battle armour and a light bowgun. i recomend normal s lvl2 becasue they are suprisingly high damaging. also watch this guy hes like the jesus of gunning:
https://www.youtube.com/user/mazereon

also heres his unite guide to bow gunning:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/943356-monster-hunter-freedom-unite/faqs/56818

hopefully thats not too much help you explode 0.0 i ran out of mind power very quickly
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Deridor wrote:
Light vs heavy depends on your choice. HBG are said to be better for damaging, but i personally like the agility of LBG, not to mention rapid fire.

Shots depend on the monster in question as well as the bowgun. If you are using a LBG with a rapid fire bullet, bring plenty of that bullet (as in maximum carry amount+crafting materials). I generally bring normal s 2 and 3, pierce s 2-3, crag s lvl1, and whatever elemental shot is effective on the creature, though i use a LBG which can't use all the crag/clust bullets. It's also quite easy ti buy/make all those bullets in massive quantities. Avoid normal s lvl 1!!!! the infinite ammo may look good, but it's like fighting akantor with pop corn...

Good armor skills... again, depends really. I LOVE my death stench s set, but at hr7 i doubt it's a good idea...

-evade+ or evade distance up are good if you want to use an HBG/are scared of getting squashed.

-Autoreload (death stench /yes/ ) is amazing for any bowgun, as it removes almost any need to reload (exceptions being that you have to reload when you switch ammo, as well as rapid fired bullets reload as normal).

-Elemental attack up is useful if the monster you are intending to fight is very weak to a specific element (this is especially useful considering how strong kirin armor (and its s/x versions) is, which is a great armor that grants this skill as well as other good skills)

-There are a ton of bullet up skills such as normal s up etc... which might be good when paired with a nice strong rapid fire LBG

damnit deridor getting here right when i finished typing xD
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:51 pm

Indeed, mazereon is an mhfu god...
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 8:53 pm

ikr! and btw im a only gunner now that i can afford bulletts... its quite abit easyer than blademaster i think.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:10 pm

I prefer melee. i use bowgun for enemies that i don't wanna fight up close, such as plesioth (UGH hipcheck) or have difficult to reach weak points like gravios (UGH smoke attacks, but also hipcheck)

almost everything hipchecks O_O
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 9:38 pm

Deridor wrote:
I prefer melee. i use bowgun for enemies that i don't wanna fight up close
yes for me every monsta xD ^ cept in tri i get all up on dose bitches
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:08 am

thank you for you help. I think I should hafe enough to do now for the weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

bowgun help Empty
PostSubject: Re: bowgun help   bowgun help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bowgun help
Page 1 of 1