Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monsters you just can't stand Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Monsters you just can't stand Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Monsters you just can't stand

Go down 
+27
Mr. Wallace
IBGenius
X Kitsune X
kut-ku h8ter
EliteHunter_101
Phazon Xenomorph
InstaCakes
Monster Hunter Cade
Locrin
Crystaelis
masterpain88
kombatroach
DannyLee94
Lalo
Yuki
red1228
Guild Adventure
Yamatsu
zeek
Vivi
GobulHunterJames
Silver
Tomderdepp
BoredForLife
Deridor
laoshanicrus
parasky
31 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
parasky
Jaggi
parasky

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United Kingdom

Monsters you just can't stand Empty
PostSubject: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:51 am

(Not putting a poll here as there can be so many anwsers for this question.)

What monster do you despise the most? What monster do you find the most monotonous to fight? Which one do you get carted on ALL. THE. TIME?

I've always hated the gyperos in this game. He can steal items from you, can poison you quite easily, and can play dead. I hate monsters like these - ones which aren't really powerful, but have irritating status inflictments.

I think we can all agree that Lao and Gaoren are more of a time-waster than a challenge as well.
Back to top Go down
http://parasky.tumblr.com/
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 am

As for minions I hate bullfango and their leader.but the monster I hate most is rajang triple cart every time. /versad/
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:34 pm

I've never beaten a rajang, though I've never actually tried to really fight one before (I've played with the dual rajang elder quest on the cheat save i keep to mess around, but didn't really try to win).

But honestly... I'd probably say gravios. Most monsters i can use at least a couple different weapon types to fight them, but I CANNOT defeat a gravios without a bowgun /versad/
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 5:38 am

For me the worst minions are Bullfangos , they always headbut you around and dont let you fight the monster you want -.-

Hmmmm about large monsters .... green plesioth for sure I hate it...Just hate it...
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 pm

parasky wrote:

I've always hated the gyperos in this game. He can steal items from you, can poison you quite easily, and can play dead. I hate monsters like these - ones which aren't really powerful, but have irritating status inflictments.

I think we can all agree that Lao and Gaoren are more of a time-waster than a challenge as well.

I have to agree with you on the gypceros. in addition to your reasons the flashes are annoying and his tailswipe it's so wide ranged and if he does that thing running some steps and then do this tailswipe thingy theres no chance of evading.

even before him I would say PLESY/green one.

well gaoren (at least G-rank) has one good thing: it's the best monster for farming money with Crazy Lucky Cat you get 84.000z + selling parts most times about 50.000 = about 130.000z (I left away the 4.000z because of ammunition, I peerce-run him) in about 20 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Melynx
Silver

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA????

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:08 am

GENPREY.
Also Plestioth, not because of the hip checks, but how you can't carve it if you kill it while its in the water...

Plestioth scares me when it dies in the water o n o ....
Back to top Go down
GobulHunterJames
Kecha Wacha
GobulHunterJames

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:34 am

I despise Black Gravios, can't block their heat beam without a gaurd improving skill and also don't like the explosive gas attack (otherwise i would have picked Black Diablos)
Most annoying to fight... Kirin, gotta wait for the quest to appear and it runs around everywhere raining down lightning...
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 7:31 am

Bnahabra >.>
They are everywhere, in most quests.
Their paralysis is really annoying and nearly got me killed on occasions...so wish MH had a giant newspaper...
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
zeek
Melynx
zeek

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:05 am

Going to go with Diablos, been ages since went back on to MHFU but all my memory flashes back to is the 4th roll before can land a hit with the bow! /mad/

Second goes to Plesioth for obvious reasons.. A large spikey shield would do that gilled nutjob some good!
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:35 am

Shogun Ceanataur, f­uck that guy. Especially G rank one and Terra.
also sapph, don't you mean vespoids...? :p Bnahabras are nothing compared to vespoids on an annoying scale.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:06 pm

Yamatsu wrote:
also sapph, don't you mean vespoids...? :p Bnahabras are nothing compared to vespoids on an annoying scale.

I guess, but now that Ive had the "pleasure" of meeting Black Diablos Im not so sure now x.x
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:31 pm

Sapphire wrote:
Yamatsu wrote:

I guess, but now that Ive had the "pleasure" of meeting Black Diablos Im not so sure now x.x

you are going to love highranked one horned diablos then /yes/
Back to top Go down
Guild Adventure
Gore Magala
Guild Adventure

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 4:02 pm

I think mine is plesioth, cause is very boring to wait for him to go out of the water. Many times he just keep going arround for several minutes and then just leaves to another area -_-
Back to top Go down
http://guildadventure.deviantart.com
red1228
Aptonoth
red1228

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:19 pm

Several monsters in this game bother me, for the simple fact that there is no "Monster Stamina" in this game (Played Tri before obtaining a PSP + MHfu).
This is particularly annoying at G Rank, where the monsters are capable of killing you in 1 or 2 hits during Rage Mode (with 150 HP and 600+ defense).

If I had to pick just one monster though: It would probably be the Tigrex (G rank). While only a mid-sized Wyvern, his stance is very wide. Can be difficult for me to avoid his double & triple charge attacks... when I'm still landing/sliding from a dodge-dive & he has already started up another attack towards me.

I see players Lance / GunLance him often, but I cannot play Lance at all in this game. I've grown far too 'comfortable' with using the right analog stick (MH1 on the PS2 & MH3 on the Wii) to attack & having the 'Counter-Stab' from Tri (the other weapons I was able to 'adjust to' for PSP, but I just cannot when it comes to Lance).
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:28 pm

red1228 wrote:
Several monsters in this game bother me, for the simple fact that there is no "Monster Stamina" in this game (Played Tri before obtaining a PSP + MHfu).
This is particularly annoying at G Rank, where the monsters are capable of killing you in 1 or 2 hits during Rage Mode (with 150 HP and 600+ defense).

If I had to pick just one monster though: It would probably be the Tigrex (G rank). While only a mid-sized Wyvern, his stance is very wide. Can be difficult for me to avoid his double & triple charge attacks... when I'm still landing/sliding from a dodge-dive & he has already started up another attack towards me.

I see players Lance / GunLance him often, but I cannot play Lance at all in this game. I've grown far too 'comfortable' with using the right analog stick (MH1 on the PS2 & MH3 on the Wii) to attack & having the 'Counter-Stab' from Tri (the other weapons I was able to 'adjust to' for PSP, but I just cannot when it comes to Lance).

I generally keep my weapon away and run like mad when a tiggy tries to attack. i enjoy using hammers, so when i have my weapon out i keep close to him on HIS LEFT (my right) side. This allows easy dodging, most of the time i don;t even need to put my weapon away (though i usually do to catch up to the darn thing...).
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 10:33 am

Tigrex -shudders remembering dual tiggy- that was not fun at all... I never had my tush handed to me on a silver platter like that.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:18 pm

Every single minion in MHFU!
maybe is cuz im still a noob and I cant one hit kill them but i dont remeber that the tri minions were that annoying.
Hunting gypceros? nope, Bulfango to the face
Hunting ian? nope cenatour in the back
Hunting khezu? nope, ioprey jumped on you

as for MH3 the monster I cant stand are noobs with axes
I swear they are monsters! there are times I have to spend all the quest dodgind the guy instead of the monster, its annoying
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Lalo wrote:
Every single minion in MHFU!
maybe is cuz im still a noob and I cant one hit kill them but i dont remeber that the tri minions were that annoying.
Hunting gypceros? nope, Bulfango to the face
Hunting ian? nope cenatour in the back
Hunting khezu? nope, ioprey jumped on you

as for MH3 the monster I cant stand are noobs with axes
I swear they are monsters! there are times I have to spend all the quest dodgind the guy instead of the monster, its annoying

Nevermind Ioprey. How about a genprey pounce with a small side of paralysis when you are trying to gun a diablos or avoid the monoblos charge.

However, in my opinion the biggest ass of those monsters which serves as a hunt's primary focus is of course Mr. Plesioth. If the invisible, reverse-yanking, mega damage hipcheck doesn't get you, the f*cking boredom associated with waiting for him to leave the fricking water will kill you outright (as GA said) due to your reluctancy of throwing a sonic bomb which may well result in your body bouncing off his oversized hip repeatedly... again.

It honestly feels like all the japanese attended a meeting at CAPCOM and discussed how to create a mass insanity and overall feeling of sh*ttyness within the West in order to get some revenge for losing the war, without actually laying a finger on our easily-aggravated skulls. The answer?... "IT'S HIPCHECK TIME!". I'm just so glad there isn't a required dual plessy quest as if there was I would most likely record myself launching my psp out of the window, much to the amusement of an unaware passer-by; and then send off said recording to one of Freud's psychodynamic enthusiasts who may well say I displaced the disdain of my father onto my PSP/Plesioth's hip.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:32 pm

I want to add to my most-hated-monsters-list , khezu. Although I find the fight really fun , khezu is a dick. Literally.
Back to top Go down
kombatroach
Kelbi
kombatroach

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:31 pm

Number one most hated monster: definitely Plesioth/green plesioth. like previous posters said, its ungodly hip check of death and just waiting for it to come out of water makes me want to jump onto my great sword...

as for minions...bullfangos/bulldromes, giant thunderbugs, and vespoids can go jump off a cliff

that is all.
Back to top Go down
masterpain88
Aptonoth
masterpain88

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 5:30 pm

I agree that the bullfango are the most anoying monster... especially when they are in a pack
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:36 am

masterpain88 wrote:
I agree that the bullfango are the most anoying monster... especially when they are in a pack

Every time a bullfango headbutts me I kill it and yell "ARE YOU HAPPY?! YOU MADE ME DO THIS!!" /mad/ makes killing them more enjoyable... In a serial killer kind of way....
Back to top Go down
Crystaelis
Aptonoth
Crystaelis

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 10:39 am

Despite the fact that I'm still a beginner, definantly Plesioth and Bullfango. For obvious reasons.

Nothing fun about being hipchecked into another area, rammed by the Bullfango towards the Plesioth's area, tailslapped, rammed again, then stepped on for the final blow. Most torturous moment I ever sat through.....
Back to top Go down
red1228
Aptonoth
red1228

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 10:00 pm

Crystaelis wrote:
Despite the fact that I'm still a beginner, definantly Plesioth and Bullfango. For obvious reasons.

Nothing fun about being hipchecked into another area, rammed by the Bullfango towards the Plesioth's area, tailslapped, rammed again, then stepped on for the final blow. Most torturous moment I ever sat through.....

Unless there was a potion somewhere inbetween, I'm surprised it took all of that to kill you just once.
But yes, that hipcheck has been the Bane of many Hunters since 2004. I find it more torturous that Capcom has never bothered to adjust/fix the ridiculousness of its hitbox. :/
Back to top Go down
Locrin
Aptonoth
Locrin

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 5:48 pm

For me it'd have to be Blangonga. They're evil..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monsters you just can't stand   Monsters you just can't stand Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monsters you just can't stand
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next