Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Starfox Metroid - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Starfox Metroid - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starfox Metroid

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

Starfox Metroid - Page 2 Empty
PostStarfox Metroid

This could be...something

Guess June 5th is gonna be incredible.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Starfox Metroid :: Comments

Win32error
Re: Starfox Metroid
Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:21 pm by Win32error
Roik wrote:
Metroid is NOT a rail shooter.

Quote :
A rail shooter is a type of action-based video game. In a rail shooter the player control is limited to directing where to fire a virtual gun or move their avatar around the screen; the player does not control the path their avatar takes from the start to the end (although they may be able to pause that movement), as if the player is tied to a rail like a roller coaster.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Rail_shooters

"On-Rail" is clearly meant as "linear" in this case, not rail shooter... Pretty bad wording though.
Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:25 pm by Snagglux
1bighiccup wrote:
Metroid is just as "on-rails" as Starfox, you just get to go backwards on them if you feel like

By that logic, Super Mario Sunshine is on-rails, too.

Every game is going to require you to accomplish certain tasks or acquire certain objects to complete the game, it wouldn't be called "completing the game" otherwise. Most of those games are also going to be "A to B navigation" in one way or another, it doesn't make it on-rails.

Either way, my point still stands; They'd be better off staying as two separate games.

Last edited by Snagglux on Wed May 23, 2012 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Roik
Post Wed May 23, 2012 7:29 pm by Roik
Win32error wrote:

"On-Rail" is clearly meant as "linear" in this case, not rail shooter... Pretty bad wording though.
Then he should have used "linear" instead of "on-rail". This is why we have separate words to describe separate things, people.

"Hey, what colour is that car?"
"It's red."
"But it's blue."
"That's what I meant hurrrrr"
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Wed May 23, 2012 8:22 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Roik wrote:
Win32error wrote:

Then he should have used "linear" instead of "on-rail". This is why we have separate words to describe separate things, people.

"It's red."
"But it's blue."

He has a point.
Win32error
Post Thu May 24, 2012 5:06 am by Win32error
Roik wrote:
Win32error wrote:

"It's red."
"But it's blue."

"on-rails" doesn't translate directly into "Rail-shooter". It means that something is on a rail (orly?). But come on roik, you can read the context...right?
Roik
Post Thu May 24, 2012 9:14 am by Roik
Yes, I can read the context. And the context is that he was talking about games. And whenever the term "on rails" is used when talking about a game, it's a RAIL SHOOTER. Not just a linear game. Did you even READ the description I posted? Or are you unable to comprehend simple words?
Win32error
Post Thu May 24, 2012 3:25 pm by Win32error
Then why did you post it? As i said, they were using bad wording, because it didn't have anything to do with rail shooters. It was about how linear or open world metroid/starfox are. Which is only connected with rail shooters in the fact that those almost always are 100% linear.

That's why i said context: You posted about something with similar wording but an entirely different meaning.
dcj91x
Post Thu May 24, 2012 4:00 pm by dcj91x
Ehh, He miss spoke. No harm done. I think we can move along from this subject... if he does it again will flog him then.
Post  by Sponsored content

Starfox Metroid

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2