Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need help killing something post it here

Go down 
+2
Pandemonium
Noah
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kingmana

need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 am

First topic message reminder :

yep if you need help killin anything just post it here
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 12:27 am

do u have any advice on the 2 items the sns n the chaos mush thingy? i'm not sure on those..the esp armour i guess i'm going with silver los set but just need 5 rubies..
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 5:47 am

try creating the low rank death stench armor and the weapon shaka saber for the poison att. use chaos mushroom head gear and fill the slots to enable ESP skill. the poison attribute will do its damage for you. good luck!
Back to top Go down
era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 7:12 am

the shakala saber? can do i've alr made it as for the low rank death stench..issant death stench s or something better? and the chaos mushroom head..where do i get it?
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 6:20 pm

gather mushrooms at the pokke farm or some other maps and hopefully you'll get a chaos mushroom. after you get one, you'll unlock the recipe at the crafting shop. its a low rank headgear.basically you dont need that much defense since you can block and be agile using sns. watch out for the screams, hip checks and tail whips.

if you want to get a good gear, aim for the high rank silver los set for the ESP skill. if you can also unlock an attack up skill then good for you! just dont forget to mix it with the chaos headgear.
Back to top Go down
era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 7:59 am

hi thanks for the reply i'm finding it hard on the los rubies..can i get them from the cat elder? and the pawprint thing for the shakalaka poison bite..where do i get it?
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:23 am

you may need to rank up so your chances will also increase on getting those los rubies. yes, you can get the los rubies on the felyne elder quest and high rank quest in the gathering hall. the pawprint stamps are easy. hunt for black felynes in high rank quests. they usually drop secret purses but if you want more rewards, download the event quest for hunting felynes. on that quest, bring lots of felvine.swarms of black cats will steal all of your items in the inventory. a tip would be to aim for the black ones as much as possible so you can get more items from that quest. you can also unlock unique weapons from the tickets and the golden egg to create the destiny jewel if you get lucky. truly a rare find..

nonetheless, id stick with the low rank death stench armor and better save the rubies for the final silver los blademaster set..once you get that armor, monsters are oh so easy to kill!

by the way, the drop rate on the rubies on your current rank is around 2-3% and if you really want the rubies,make sure that you break everything first and cut off the tail and capture the los.
Back to top Go down
Era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 1:27 pm

Ah ok because I was wondering..should I upgrade my ultimate gradios? And my dragon destroyer? And the diablos chaos broker..should I go for those upgrades now or later?

The felyne hunting quest...can I jusT bring only felvines?
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:56 pm

it depends.. but for me, id invest on the weapons first. armors come along shortly since you can slay monsters easier with a bad ass weapon. all you need is technique.

sure, just bring felvines but the white felynes throw bombs at you so bring hp potions with you just to be on the safe side.. and whetstones!
Back to top Go down
era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:08 am

i'mm gonna farm los rubies now but the major problem is my shakalaka saber..the inheritence the king is just so hard to kill!!! any tips?
Back to top Go down
Huntinggod
Kelbi
Huntinggod

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:56 am

i would suggest using a hammer type weapon since thats the easiest weapon i killed him with and just charge ur hammer and do the hulk smash attack right after he attacks and if u hit him enough he will get ko'd eventually and u can deal plenty of damage while he's ko'd
Back to top Go down
Era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 8:07 am

I'v killed him already....now just left death stench...wr to get striped skin
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 10:47 am

dude, you're doing great.. if you need more information regarding mosters and tips, just refer to the wiki. all the info you need is in there. if you need shaka inheritance, clear some elder felyne quests to unlock the great arena quest where you battle a swarm of shakalakas and their king! just flashbang the king shaka and put him in a world of hurt!

the farm the striped skin from remobras. they usually hang out in the volcano or finish elder felyne quests to also unlock the remobra slaying quest in the great arena. bring sonic bombs to farm remobras easier.
Back to top Go down
Era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 1:15 pm

have to say i'm grateful fr your help so far. Just waiting for trenya to get ky sinister clothes. In the meantime i'm upgrading my weapons starting with diablos..any tips on farming felyne elder blos(both colours) currently using full rath soul u and siegmund but i dunno should i change to hidden blaze instead?
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 2:09 pm

np! is that a dual diablo quest or monoblos? either way, you need to break all of the horns. also, its best that you capture one and then slay the other one for more rewards. im glad you're a GS user and farming the horns will be a lot easier. just master throwing flashbangs and you're good to go. one trick is to throw one while the blos screams and its back is toward you, yeah you can blind it that way but it takes a lot of practice. use the GS with a higher attack power and sharpness. if they charge, run towards a wall and it'll get stuck if it still has horns left. if you break the horns, use the sonic bombs instead. dont use sonic bombs while the monsters are in rage mode. the black diablos is a bitch in rage mode so i would kill/capture it first and go after the other one.

i can headlock the diablos using continuous flashbangs while breaking the horns until it dies. its a matter of timing the duration of the flashbang before throwing another one. its been a while since i last played the game so i forgot how many seconds you have to count.

im currently playing metal gear peacewalker and encountered rathalos, tigrex and GEAR Rex which is Hideo Kojima's original monster concept (i think).. pretty cool if you ask me but they're way too powerful than the original ones.
Back to top Go down
Era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 9:01 pm

Currently i dont use flashbombs but seeing how i'm out of screamers for my sonics i'll try a ffew flashes. Which would be better? 912 raw white sharpness and 60% crit or 10xx raw blue sharpness anf 20% crit?
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 5:13 am

go for the 1k att power with 20% crit. your base damage is higher with that one unlike the 912 and you would need to depend on the crits for a chance on higher damage output. also, if you have some charms in your inventory, it would help boost your att and def.
Back to top Go down
Era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm

Three rounds of dual black blos all horns broken and not a single twisted black horn
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 4:23 pm

were you able to capture one?dual monster quests are basically kill and capture.. you will get a twisted black horn.. eventually. i have yet to know what you'll say about the "stout black twisted horn" or the "monoblos blood red horn".. i say it's just like taming a fly.. sometimes! :lol!:
Back to top Go down
Era

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 10:49 pm

I killed one n capture the other...only left this stupid horn
Back to top Go down
SoulReap

PostSubject: Dual Tigrex help   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 7:09 am

im kinda stuck on the dual tigrex quest (old granny and guild)
i have rajang blade, hidden blade, eager cleaver, kirin thunderblade and a few other weapons with thunder attribute/good affinity weapons
i have a mixture of tigrex and tigrex S armour
Im skilled with long sword and all right with great sword
please help me
ty
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:42 pm

hi! i've got a few tips using GS.. well, i usually aim for the head of the tigrex when i do battle with a single one... on the other hand, tackling both seemed impossible but if you memorize the movements, you can predict the next attack and dodge it even when they're together on a single area. always remember that they damage each other when they attack and its easier to cut off the tail when one goes on rage mode.. attack doubles but defense lowers by almost half.

also, try mastering a full charge attack on the head when the tigrex turns to you and you'll be doing more damage then you'll expect. when it tries to spin, you can't do much but anticipate it as soon as possible. you have a split second to evade that one.. i finished that quest using a naruga S armor and devil slicer.. just keep on upgrading the sword to its final form. you have a good weapon.

try capturing the first tigrex and kill the other one for greater rewards. capturing one is easier since you'll be doing like full GS charges on its head while throwing tranq bombs. i tried using an HP counter just to see the amount of damage and that confirms it. they have at least 8000 HP and one GS charge is like around 450 damage. that goes for tranq bombs as well (just make sure that it's limping away). using LS with opposing elements would likely do around 80 - 90+ damage depending on the part you hit so aim for the head. if you cut off the tail, it increases your chances of closing in combat and aim for the legs if you want to trip him down. on rage mode, they jump twice then growl so see to it that you're prepared to attack-- its an easy opening and most of all, if there's a wall at your back, wait for it to charge you and then evade at the last moment! it's teeth will get stuck on the wall! use that to attack the claws or tail.
Back to top Go down
SoulReap

PostSubject: Dual Tigrex help   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 7:54 am

thanks for that man
my main problem is that i lose health too easily when versing them and end up running out of potions
also how did you get the pale kezu skin for making the next upgrade on the eager cleaver? Cause ive tried to get it but just cant
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:25 am

before i answer your question, may i ask what's your hunter rank? that would determine the chance of your success to get that elusive khezu steak.. believe me it's no picnic in the park. i went up to HR6 using eager cleaver and my first tigrex armor before getting a new armor. ranking up may help but that conflicts the whole thing if you dont have decent weapons to rank up in order to rank up! try clearing quests that has dual khezus if you have any available. if you can, capture one and then kill the other one to increase the chance. im sure you can do khezu. i mean, tigrex is still a force to be reckoned with even when you already have a badass weapon and armor...

either way, you have to rank up to get all the items you need. having a fellow hunter come along with you would be nice. :twisted:
Back to top Go down
SoulReap

PostSubject: Dual Tigrex help   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2010 12:07 am

im hr 5
i have just about all the longswords avaliable to me atm (and ive upgraded to the stage where i now need to finish the dual tigrex quest in order to upgrade again) and i also have a large range of other weapons
i have over 100 and about 60 - 70 i havent ever used
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 5:38 am

thanks for the info. sorry dude, you need to rank up to HR 6 before you get that stupid steak. i know its kinda unfair but it's all i could think of. slay the dual tigrex using a bow with a good attack power and with lightning element if you can. just keep on strafing to the left and blind him when you do battle with him. i cant recall if its on the snowy mountains or the desert but make sure that you take on a single one to kill him. if they're on the same area, just run around while evading. one will go away eventually and that's your cue to attack the remaining one. also, paintball the one you want to kill first so you can track the other one later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help killing something post it here
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next