Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

need help killing something post it here

Go down 
+2
Pandemonium
Noah
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
kingmana

need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2010 3:09 am

First topic message reminder :

yep if you need help killin anything just post it here
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
SoulReap

PostSubject: Dual Tigrex help   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 6:00 pm

so how long will it take to kill them using a bow? and what gunner armour do you recommend?oh and what dual tigrex quest is easier , guild or cat?
thanks for all your help!
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:45 pm

welcome bro! anyway, i'd recommend the sonic bow. just keep on upgrading it and it has a rapid lvl 4-- good for breaking those tigrex claws and fangs in a concentrated shot. frankly, i use set armors unlike other pros who use set combinations which is more powerful per se on every combined weapon. its the monoblos set, mono s gunner set w/ monodevil guards, gemmed for reckless abandon and adrenaline +2. the only problem with this armor is that you need your hp to be at least 10% and require all your evasive skills. the adrenaline can skyrocket your attack that can rival an HR5 blademaster! make sure all your flashbangs count. i believe you can also try getting the rajang armor for the gunner set as well and it also has adrenaline +2 but with stealth and gunnery king if you want to use bowguns. a good felyne cooking skill combined with these armors is the blunt force, temper and heroics. the monoblos armor can last for a long while since its one of the best armors in the game.

you can check this out for armor combinations on the blade master set:

this one's just for teasers:
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:50 pm

huh? the links vanished! lol

h t t p : / / y a s h i . b u h a n g i n . c o m / t e m p / M H F 2 / A r m o r % 2 0 C o m b o % 2 0 G u i d e . h t m

i just added some spaces so take some time to connect the link and slim it down then copy and paste it onto the address bar.
Back to top Go down
SoulReap

PostSubject: Dual Tigrex help   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:38 pm

how do you get rajang armour? ive killed heaps of them but havnt unlocked the armour
i tried taking on a tigrex with a bow ( dragon halo) but i got owned so i guess its back to LS and GS
thanks for all your help! :D
Back to top Go down
Zeith

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 12:28 pm

i see.. you're using the wrong bow for tigrex but it's worth a try though. you should use opposing elements on monsters. you can basically see the resistance on each armor and it corresponds to the elements that you need to use against them and that's where you narrow down your options on weapons. if you see a negative resistance on a certain element on the armor, then use that element to farm the monster. well, it's my opinion but it works.

if you killed rajang before, you should be able to see unlocked armor pieces from the crafting shop. to unlock the headgear, you need to break both of rajang's horns with a bow (its easier for me to break its horns using a bow) some pros use hammer and that's just amazing to see! i once saw it on youtube and it was hands down epic! by the way, did you try using the link i sent you? it contains easy to get armor combos and would help you a lot on ranking up. i dont know what quest is easy to take on any dual tigrex but a single one is just as annoying.

to farm rajang, use the same attacking style with a bow. just keep on strafing to the left and attack using weapon with ice element. i use flashbangs on him but just to make sure i reload coatings and always aim for the head-- its the weak point. you can also try sleep bombing the bastard. ;)
Back to top Go down
SoulReap

PostSubject: Dual Tigrex help   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 9:30 pm

ive been practising i training school and killed the tigrex 3x with a bow and did it each time in 11- 13 minutes so i think im going back to using bow again
nah havent tried link yet, been kinda busy but will do so soon
i ll try break horns after i can verse the tigrex enough times and not get hit once ( ive nearly done so a couple of times)
Back to top Go down
lol pants
Kelbi
lol pants

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 12:20 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: the... :shock: :shock: KELBI!!!... i know this sounds stupid.. but where can ifind some kelbi in mhfu??? i have HR6 so up to that... oh and i must kill akantor with my brother.. twice... any ideas how? i think he is using those dual blades... hmm what were they called... they are the rusted dual blades but its improved..it has dragon atb. an IDK what i will use.. BUT THE KELBI!!!! WHERE IS THEY!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Zeith   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 4:19 am

kelbi can be found in jungle quests and in the old jungle quests. you can also try reading the quest info before heading out-- main monsters and other small monsters should be indicated. what do you want from the kelbi anyway??

since you're about the encounter akantor, yes using dragon attribute can be helpful but using the weapon you mentioned the rusted dual blades?? i know it has the most powerful dragon att for dual blades but it can barely do some damage. i suggest that you guys use other weapons with more attack power.. :cyclops:
Back to top Go down
lol pants
Kelbi
lol pants

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 10:13 am

well i needed kelbi horn for a few things... i needed it for the "alchemy" part of teh combo list and i needed it to bring to akanator :face: and my brother IS bringing dual blades.. rusted deal blades but he upgraded them.. and TBH idk what weapon ill be using... im tring to do rust stones for greatsword/longsword... and i found the kelbi! they were in hte garuga quest and the swamp...

is it possible to do akanator with 2 people WITHOUT cheating...?
Back to top Go down
Zeith
Aptonoth
Zeith

PostSubject: Zeith   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:17 pm

yeah, you can even solo the monster if you know the attack patterns, what weapon to use, bring flashbangs just in case, bring cold drinks, bring all you need and dont even think about outrunning it. if you want to dodge the charge attack, evade at the last moment and make sure that you have room to do the evasion.killing it with a partner just makes everything easy.. yeah, and dont underestimate it's power. it can do a one hit KO regardless of armor defense or amount of hp.
Back to top Go down
cadack1096
Seltas Queen
cadack1096

Thank you Points : 17

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:31 pm

I have soloed akantors with hammers and havent had a problem. I use the blacksmith and triple pound on his face at the right times. I usally kill him at around the 25 minute mark.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help killing something post it here   need help killing something post it here - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help killing something post it here
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3