Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pro Controller - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pro Controller - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pro Controller

Go down 
+25
PossiblyDextrose
Ataraxia
TKMT
JFizzle
Arkenaw
Ares
Picante
Miichu
Ultimate Jaggi
laoshanicrus
leon the hunter
JASTER
Edsain
Tupperglass
aninymouse
Jader7777
Oni Zelkami
CrystalPower
Yuki
Otoshimo
It's meh
Snagglux
dcj91x
Lalo
Will
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

Pro Controller - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 11:09 am

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:
So apparently this is how you will play the game with the pro controller, what do you all think about this? Do you guys think you will choose to use the pro controller knowing that you have to have the pad within reaching distance for you to use items and what not?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 pm

Ares wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

The Wii classic controller is NOT A PRO CONTROLLER. They are different. The classes controller pro is not compatable on all games that are able to use the WiiU Pro controller only those that can use the Wiimote/Classic combo... MH3U is not one of these. You have to use iether the Game pad or the WiiU Pro Controller.

Also, the black pro controller ($49.99) is still compatable with the white system.. I don't think the system will know it's a different color...

The WiiU is capable of recieving "SpotPass" content. Meaning all EVENT QUESTS are available to both the 3DS and WiiU players. This has already been anounced some time ago.

The game pad won't be usable by itself, it will hold the HUD and everything, but you have to have some sort of additional controller to play MH3U. WiiMote/WiiU Pro Controller/Classic

That's incorrect. You do not need to use the pro controller or the wiimote/classic controller if you don't want to. All you have to have is the Gamepad as it has everything you need to play the game.

Why wouldn't you be able to use just it? But yes there are 3 controller types:

Type 1: Gamepad using the Gamepad buttons and touch screen

Type 2: WiiU pro controller

Type 3: Wiimote with classic controller attached.

With type 2 & 3 the WiiU pad will still be used as a keyboard and can also be used as a map display.

This is the correct information.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 pm

I'll use the gamepad at first, and decide after I've hunted a few hours if I should get the new pro controller.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
JFizzle
Seregios
JFizzle

Thank you Points : 129

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Dystopian US

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:16 am

Lalo wrote:
Spoiler:
I have a wii too, and even if the wiimote+nunchuck isnt an option... I want it to be T-T
This!! If no Mote/Chuk setup, I'll be all
Pro Controller - Page 3 Crying10
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:41 am

To be honest as much time I used it good riddance in my opinion wiimote nunchuk ate through my batteries and.counter lancing was god awful on it so leaving me crippled from my nornal ccp routine.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:49 am

Didn't know anyone even used the wiimote, lol :P
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:49 am

JFizzle wrote:
Lalo wrote:
Spoiler:
I have a wii too, and even if the wiimote+nunchuck isnt an option... I want it to be T-T

Sorry unless for some odd reason they add it for the western version and not Japan version (which I doubt) no wiimote/nunchuck is available.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Distortion World

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:01 am

dcj91x wrote:
JFizzle wrote:
Lalo wrote:
Spoiler:

Sorry unless for some odd reason they add it for the western version and not Japan version (which I doubt) no wiimote/nunchuck is available.
Y'all better start a petition now if you want your nunchuko option available.

Otherwise kiss that retro goodbye
Back to top Go down
http://www.wwwdotcom.com
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 6:36 am

JFizzle wrote:
Lalo wrote:
Spoiler:
[img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f15/15/43/79/41/crying10.jpg[img]
I never got used to the wiimote and nunchuk. None of my playstyles worked on that control method. Plus all that twisting...

I prefer the classic style with button press controls.

Plus I can't walk then use rising slice with the sns when using the wiimote+nunchuk.(I guess I haven't found out lol)

To be honest, I'm surprised anyone still uses freestyle controls.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 2:58 pm

^ it's not really that surprising.
over three years and an uncountable number of people I met yuki was the 1st on I knew that actually used anything other than wiimote/nunchuck. and before someone goes "oh it's probably more of a thing for old fans of MH" there are plenty of people that're long time mh fans that I can name that use wii-chuck.

It's not any shocking just most people don't talk about it.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 3:50 pm

Rechargeable batteries, that is all.

Besides, after 3 years of using the mote/chuck I find it better than the other options, counter lancing wasnt hard to pull and the camara is really easy to move, I dont know about you guys but I will miss the mote/chuck controler for MH
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 4:07 pm

I will not miss it I respect it since it carried me for six months when my classic conttoller had died but there are too many flaws eith it for my personal use yed there are rechargeable batteries but I have morr plsy time out of them from a classic controller than eiimote I can use it for a good 15 hours before that have to go in the cradle not the same with wiimote I get a solid 4 hours and a half but nothing more. On pure controls it's not much different from a classic controller pro just you have to twist every once in a while.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 4:24 pm

Yuki wrote:
I will not miss it I respect it since it carried me for six months when my classic conttoller had died but there are too many flaws eith it for my personal use yed there are rechargeable batteries but I have morr plsy time out of them from a classic controller than eiimote I can use it for a good 15 hours before that have to go in the cradle not the same with wiimote I get a solid 4 hours and a half but nothing more. On pure controls it's not much different from a classic controller pro just you have to twist every once in a while.

There are no flawed controler mechanics. only flawed player mechanics.

ok the battery life is nowhere near that bad yuki your remotes just probaly suck.

as much as I am wanting to give the other options a try, I'm with you lazlo the wii-chuck will be missed.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:27 pm

Don't even care, I'm getting the pro controller for the simple fact that it LOOKS cool; even if it is terribad. I've always been a buttons-man at heart, so this looks perfect for me. Looks like I'll be playing Tri-style, screw new innovations.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 9:34 pm

EDIT: nevermind, for some reason now i can see where it says it is compatible.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PossiblyDextrose
Kelbi
PossiblyDextrose

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:10 am

Though the wireless keyboard feature would be useful, I'd rather see if the change is good and use just the Gamepad.

Plus, Tri and Ultimate/Trultimate might feel like "more of the same" if I use the Wiimote & Nunchuk again. Though moving the camera with the mote/chuck in Tri was very satisfying when multi-tasking.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:59 am

Ok.. Got the 3rd party U controller for the WiiU yesterday and tried it out befor MH3U came out to see if it would even be worth it for others to get.

First off... IT IS NOT A WIIU PRO CONTROLLER!!! It is only a Wiimote and CCP combined, so it can still be used for MH3U just fine and will be pretty much the same as the WiiU pro as it has no wires to fuss with.

It feels really nice to hold but a bit small for larger hands and a few people may not like the zl/zr/l/r buttons in the back. On a really possitive note, it works great with MHtri.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Pics or it didnt happen.

no but seriusly, mind sharing some pics?
Back to top Go down
Miichu
Aptonoth
Miichu

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 1:46 pm

I have been looking in 3 shops now and non of them had the pro controller lol /mad/
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:04 pm

I still can't believe that controllers costed $50, you could just about by the fucking game with that. I hope it pays off when I start playing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:33 pm

Ares wrote:
I still can't believe that controllers costed $50, you could just about by the fucking game with that. I hope it pays off when I start playing.

This' exactly why I didn't get this thing off the bat. It's overpriced BY FAR.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Lol hopefully they have it in a bundle if not therr are two other optiins gamepad itself or.classic controller pro from the old days.
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 9:38 pm

Otoshimo wrote:
Ares wrote:

Where have you guys been the past decade? First party controllers have sadly been overpriced for a loong time now. Sony and Nintendo seem to be the worst offenders.
Back to top Go down
Otoshimo
Seregios
Otoshimo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 10:49 pm

Yamatsu wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
Ares wrote:

Where have you guys been the past decade? First party controllers have sadly been overpriced for a loong time now. Sony and Nintendo seem to be the worst offenders.

Where have I been? I've been using the same controller that came with my 1st wii on release date because of that exact reason. The only remote I've bought since then was a 2nd GC Wavebird and that was pretty cheap itself for being pretty hard to find in new condition.

Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 2:40 am

Lalo wrote:
Pics or it didnt happen.

I'll try to post some tomorrow.

Also the 3rd party controller is basically as I said before a wiimote and a CCP combined for $39.99 usd, so you are basically paying that price for both controllers in one and though it doesn't work on games that need a wiimote/nunchuck or the new WiiU pro controller it still works on the regular Wii for tri and all CCP games and the WiiU for several wiimote and all CCP games for WiiU and Wii games. So for those who don't already have a dozen controllers or who just want a single rechargeable wireless one for MH3U and don't plan on using the WiiU pad or paying $50 for the pro controller. For $10 less you can get this. But it does limit you on some games and give you more options on others.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 1:24 pm

Lalo wrote:
Pics or it didnt happen.

Here ya go:

3rd party CCP+WiiMote in one but does not work with WiiU pro controller games
Spoiler:

For comparisons sake:

Original CC which is wired to a Wiimote

Spoiler:

CCpro still wired to Wiimote

Spoiler:

WiiU pro, Wireless but does not work with wii games

Spoiler:

WiiU GamePad

Spoiler:

Well there's basically all the control options for MH3U. All offering different control options in some different play options with the WiiU Game pad and stick and button placement on the wii versions and Wiiu versions...

I'd suggest trying out the Pad and the CCP since that's what most people have but for a bit more conveinance the WiiU pro since it's wireless or for a bit less in price or if you are trying to still get a lot of Tri until MH3U arrives the 3rd party controller for a bit less than the WiiU Pro.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pro Controller   Pro Controller - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pro Controller
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next