Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.

Go down 
+3
It's meh
Anonymin
dcj91x
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Empty
PostSubject: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 11:33 pm

So, seems ign has been asking a lot of questions to Capcom at TGS about MHU, one of which being how the shared save file for the 3DS and WiiU will work. Well, it's explained here.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2012/09/21/how-will-monster-hunter-3-save-transfers-work

So... Seem like since a seperate app will need to be downloaded for the 3DS the Japanese MH3G will be able to transfer to MH3Ghd as well.

Capcom has really put a lot of thought into how to do this and how to make it equal for all regions... So far anyways.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 4:30 am

They still doesn't explain how it will work too well. What if I save my game for both while having only 1 space left in my equip storage. WiiU version I buy a piece of armour, do the same for 3DS, what happens when I try to link? Will it just delete one of them?

And same with using materials. I save game while having one rare monster part. Make a weapon with it in WiiU, make a piece of armour in 3DS. How will it work?
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:43 am

Anonymin wrote:
They still doesn't explain how it will work too well. What if I save my game for both while having only 1 space left in my equip storage. WiiU version I buy a piece of armour, do the same for 3DS, what happens when I try to link? Will it just delete one of them?

And same with using materials. I save game while having one rare monster part. Make a weapon with it in WiiU, make a piece of armour in 3DS. How will it work?
Don't they save data on SD cards?
I think the 3DS game does..... Idk if it does it on the Wii U though.

Well, anywho, It may just completely send your file over, idk if it'll just send a copy of it.

Oh well, I don't know how it works.
>.<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 5:52 am

Is it too much to ask for auto sync via wi-fi once in-range? i suppose so, it is nintendo after all.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 9:00 am

Guys it's the same game.

All your doing is throwing your save file back and forth between consoles, you're not copying the data across. There's only one version of your hunter at any given time.

I love how bad those IGN 'journalists' are at playing the game. Straight up just walk into the attacks. Cute.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:38 pm

Jader7777 wrote:
Guys it's the same game.

All your doing is throwing your save file back and forth between consoles, you're not copying the data across. There's only one version of your hunter at any given time.

I love how bad those IGN 'journalists' are at playing the game. Straight up just walk into the attacks. Cute.

You can't play both games at the same time?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:06 pm

Anonymin wrote:
Jader7777 wrote:
Guys it's the same game.

You can do that?!! Wow you are pretttttty talented. I know I couldn't play on the 3DS with both hands fighting a monster and on the WiiU fighting something at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 7:04 pm

^ I meant have both games playing at the same time, not hunting on both. If you bothered to read the post I was quoting or at least the bolded sentence I was quoting then you would realize the intent of my post.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 am

Anonymin wrote:
Jader7777 wrote:
Guys it's the same game.

It makes sense. For one, it eliminates instances of conflicting save files. It's not like you can play both systems at once, anyway. If you wanna switch consoles, just do a quick save swap and you're good to go. It's an amazing convenience, really, to be able to swap consoles and continue your save file on the go!
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 3:26 am

Ah, I see. Thank you for going into further detail, I think I understand the premise of it now.

And thank for having the decency to actually answer the question instead of making an effort to degrade someone for reasons beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:15 am

Hey, there's nothing stopping you creating two seperate characters. One on the WiiU and one on the 3DS.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:19 am

Jader7777 wrote:
Hey, there's nothing stopping you creating two seperate characters. One on the WiiU and one on the 3DS.

Yes there is. I AM.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 4:44 am

...You monster!!

Hey if you had both games does that mean you could have two farms going at once and you could trade the crop to your other character? Wowowowow so going to do this.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 am

Anonymin wrote:
^ I meant have both games playing at the same time, not hunting on both. If you bothered to read the post I was quoting or at least the bolded sentence I was quoting then you would realize the intent of my post.

I read just about every post.. But I do appologize, that did come across a bit harsh and was not intended that way... (just realize though people do interpret 'intent' differently.)

to exspand on what was already explained...

lets say you transfer your data to the WiiU and then forget to put it back on the 3DS bfore leaving... You decide to play while gone, a couple of things may happen. You may get a message stating, "You have data transfered to your Wiiu(3DS) do you wish to continue" or once you transfer your data again it will look at the "time" date and time of when you last transfered and played each game then merge the data accordingly. So if you you accadently made 2 of the same weapons using materials you had on both games it would only count one but if you gained additional materials from the last time you synced games it would count both. My bet is it would do both.. The system's would let you know that data is currently trsansfered and that some materials may be in use on the other game but any additional materials aquered will be merger next time the two files are synced.

Hope that clears things up a bit..
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 5:41 am

Plus the battery consumption and processing required to constantly sync two save files is silly.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:42 pm

geez, mhp3 transfering data between psp and ps3 was so easy.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Jew Wario
Aptonoth
Jew Wario

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 am

Here ya go. The transfer in action.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyFR6_71Vdk

And here it is from the Wii U to the 3DS

www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J8fl_agVow

Do know that some of this is a little slow in that he's showing steps for YouTube. But yeah, the process (when you see it) takes about that long.
Back to top Go down
http://youcanplaythis.com/
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:33 am

That seems pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.    MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MHU 3DS to WiiU save transfer, explained.
Page 1 of 1