Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!

Go down 
+3
CrystalPower
Jader7777
dcj91x
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Empty
PostSubject: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 5:20 pm

Your friendly neighborhood dcj91x here with some helpful advice you may not know!

With the release of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in the west fast approaching (now only 4 months away) some new players to the MH series and new comers to the 3DS may find themselves in difficult situations from time to time when hunting alone!

So the following information I am about to offer is for those playing on solo (non-local multiplayer) and with a wifi connection.

Let's say you are getting ready to hunt or need to find an item and are not quite sure where it is or you need some quick advice on how to take down a monster… Sure if your computer is close you can go to it or… You can take advantage of one of the 3DS unique features! In mid game no matter what you are doing as long as you are not in multiplayer you can hit the (home) button on your 3DS, without closing your game you can then go to the (web browser) located in the upper right corner, next go to https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/ and jump on the chat to ask for assistance with your question or go to the MH3U section and see if the answer to it is already posted!
You can then exit the web browser and hit (Resume) on your game and start where you left off! Without losing anything at all.

Afraid you might not remember everything you just learned? Before resuming your game hit the (Yellow pencil button, 3rd icon from the left at the top of the touch screen) to open you Game Notepad… This will take a screen shot of what you are doing in game and allow you to write a note about the information you need to remember and allow you to come back to it later. Again once you are done just hit close and resume your game!

Using these features while playing MH3U on the 3DS will help you out in many ways.. the note pad can be used in mid game to allow you to write down other items you want to get and need to remember in quest at a later time. You can go back and forth to it any time you need and as I said though the browser on the 3Ds isn't the best there is in a pinch it will connect you to the forum here where there is always someone available to offer advice!

Got any other nifty trick and tips like these to help with MH3U on the 3DS.. post Them!
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 pm

The 3DS web browser is TERRIBLE. I might write down notes about my armor materials though.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 1:36 am

^ it works great if you use it for the right web sites. Mostly those made for it. You just have to know which ones to use with it. Hence the reason I said for quick information and such.

If you haven't, try visiting the forums on the 3DS browser, though the browser its self is limited the forum runs pretty smoothly on it an is easy to read for the most part.

But again keep in mind it's a tip that may come in handy "mid game" as stated, not a suggested replacement for an actual computer browser when you have more time to look things up.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:05 am

I'd argue that the forum is the last place I'd go on the 3DS browser. The browser can't even properly display text dumps from GameFAQs let alone this forum.
Back to top Go down
CrystalPower
Melynx
CrystalPower

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:04 am

I tried the CB on the 3DS once.. It was hell..

HOWEVER! It worked! I think that's the whole point here, yes?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 2:28 pm

shameless advertising lol

But it is handy to be able to check stuff in the middle of a game... Tri G especially. If only you could do it for DS games too >o>
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 3:21 pm

It appears you can do it with the wiiU as well:

http://zoknowsgaming.com/2012/11/03/wii-u-internet-browser-specs-revealed/

I am sure offline only though.

(And yes Yama shameless advertising but mostly for the forum) everything else really is helpful hints that can really be used on the 3DS with MH3U.

Another would be with Swapnotes/letterbox letting others know about gear you have or setting up hunting times when not on the forums ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
aninymouse
Jaggi
aninymouse

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 9:19 pm

I've visited these forums on my 3DS before, and other than images in spoilers being ENORMOUS, it works great. I don't agree that it's futile at all. The resolution of the screen is the only issue, really.
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 6:36 pm

the browser is actually pretty good when you get used to it, im using it right now!
also you can adjust the brightness mid hunt so caves arent as hard to explore (i know its not like tri but still)
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitimeThu Nov 08, 2012 8:31 pm

4 months is fast approaching? T_T" Cool tips though, didn't even know the 3DS had internet browsing access.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!   MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH3U tips and tricks for the 3DS!
Page 1 of 1