Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)

Go down 
+24
Firpi
Lalo
Anonymin
Silverwind
Nephthys
Outkin
Tirith
Saisei
Jader7777
bird157
E&Troy
A Drunk Ninja
Win32error
Gilgames
Will
anduin55
Yamatsu
Antari18
Ares
Yuki
Sephastus
Arkenaw
dcj91x
Sai_
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2013 8:12 pm

First topic message reminder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIJ9PkXRik Click on English Subs

This information is pretty old. What this basically is, upon starting a new character in MH3U, you will be locked into what is believed to be 1 out of 17 charm tables. This means that if you happen to be locked into table 7, that is the ONLY way you will be able to have a chance at an attack god charm. Other tables like table 10 are considered the best because that table is the only one with essential charms

Ways to find out about what table your in:

Moga Fish Ship method:
http://www.hayasoft.com/chisamin/mh3g/tsearch7.cgi

According to what charms you already have method:
http://mh.websimu.mydns.jp/3g_oma/xxx/table.php

Charm Table:
http://www10.atwiki.jp/mh3g/pages/72.html

In other words, once you start MH3U, the table you are locked in means you will NOT be able to obtain other charms besides that table. This is ridiculous.

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:11 pm

Haha, none of this would effect me! I've never gotten ANY god charms in Tri. So getting ONE in 3U would beat my TRI record of god talismans. -_- Okay, maybe I was exaggeration, I've actually gotten one god talisman before. poison +7, OO I think it was.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 11:07 pm

E&Troy wrote:
Haha, none of this would effect me! I've never gotten ANY god charms in Tri. So getting ONE in 3U would beat my TRI record of god talismans. -_- Okay, maybe I was exaggeration, I've actually gotten one god talisman before. poison +7, OO I think it was.

MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Feels
Back to top Go down
bird157
Kelbi
bird157

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 2:51 pm

My best charm was (and still is) Attack +6 with one slot. Soooooooo... Even so, I want to say that being locked into one table won't bother me, but I'm not sure how truthful of a statement that actually is.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 3:40 pm

bird157 wrote:
My best charm was (and still is) Attack +6 with one slot. Soooooooo... Even so, I want to say that being locked into one table won't bother me, but I'm not sure how truthful of a statement that actually is.

Being locked into a table doesn't mean you're out of luck of a god charm. It just means you are locked of getting ANY charms with any skills besides listed on that specific table.
Back to top Go down
bird157
Kelbi
bird157

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 5:55 pm

Yeah, I know. That charm just do happens to fit in with my best armor, which is Rathalos. I know how charms work. I'll enjoy the game regardless, but the possibility of not getting a charm that helps me at all... Blech. I think this is one of the things that I'd have rather not known about.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 6:35 pm

It's just that simple as someone stated few posts earlier. If there were 0% chance of winning in the lottery will you still participate? I'd rather have 0,01% chance of having something then 100% chance of having nothing.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2013 6:53 pm

trudat.

Luckily MH3U has G rank, and by far, most G rank armor is INCREDIBLE.

You'll be able to mix and match the craziest of sets with only 3 slot charm.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 8:06 pm

This is a jerkface move on Capcoms part. Talismans are already stupidly difficult to find and cryptic in their generation and this only adds to the frustration of players in their search.

I guess you could write an angry letter to Capcom to prevent future games from doing this, but for now I'm happy I found out about this before making a character that won't be able to find a charm I want. I just hope others don't get screwed over.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:08 pm

^ Writes angrey letter to Capcom. Capcom reads it.. Capcom "JAPAN" laughs and shows other in the office. States, "the game isn't even released there and this stuff doesn't even apply to them. Why do we keep sending them games at all again?"
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 9:23 pm

dcj91x wrote:
^ Writes angrey letter to Capcom. Capcom reads it.. Capcom "JAPAN" laughs and shows other in the office. States, "the game isn't even released there and this stuff doesn't even apply to them. Why do we keep sending them games at all again?"

I stopped caring about this charm table deal, but I still don't understand why you think it will be different, just because the name isn't 3G doesn't mean it's a different game. The game is most likely already finished at this point and they are printing them and waiting for release day.
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 am

Yes, the game is finished, printed and most likely on its way to be prepared to be distributed... But I can ask you the same question.. what makes you think there is no chance it has NOT, with 100% certainty been changed? and for that matter there was always confusion over how it worked in the first place. But anyways, we have seen in the past an already now with 3U know that things can and have been changed in the localization process. We have also seen with P3rd/p3rdhb that some coding enhancements can be made... So until we actually get the the game on the 19th and the 22nd of March and until "SOLID" mesures have actually been taken to proven that this is indeed an aspect within MH3U forgive me if I am unwilling to give into something that at this time IS NOT and CANNOT be proven. I just don't see the point of it.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 5:57 pm

So even if this system is intact...what can you really do about it? March down to Capcom and change their ways? The way I see it, you have two options:

1) Play the game as if you don't even notice and accept the challenges thrown at you.

or 2) Figure out which table you're in if you don't like it, restart a new character.

And I understand it's the principle of the idea, but it's not worth it if you don't work for it, right? That should go for both situations.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 7:29 pm

while i won't be too happy to learn that we will be locked into one set of charms i don't see much point in worrying about it for now.
i plan to start a char and play the game... when it's been tested and proven that we in fact will be locked into a charm table i'll probably start a second char and make sure i'm in the right charm table for what i want to do with the second char.
Back to top Go down
Outkin
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada BC

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 12:28 am

It's one thing for stat-nut players to spend their time to abuse systems to get the best character, but it's another when causal players who don't care about that crap are less effective then others due to a stoke of (un)luck. You shouldn't have to have hidden under the hood knowledge to be on an equal footing with eveyone else.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 2:08 am

^ I wouldn't worry about all that has been said so far. With all the updates and everything else announced until the game is actually released nothing can be proven about anything and even after that... Just play the game and have fun. I think most people will also.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:12 am

Do you know something we don't dcj?

Do you know if Capcom will change this for the western release?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2013 11:58 am

I know they have made a lot of other changes so far.. As should everyone else.. And I know that you shouldn't always judge a game based on it's japan counterpart. We should know this from experiance. As I have stated. Lets wait until after MH3U (not 3G) is released here in the west so we are no jumping to any conclusions. ;)

So far a lot of what people "thought" were set and unchangable and game breaking problems that were going to ruing MH forever in 3U... have turn out to just not be the case at all and either unprovable with actual "hard/real evidence" or something that was already being worked on to change in the western version over the Japanease version as .... some stated in the first place. Patience... 3U is going to be a great game and lots of fun and already has more features than any other MH game before it.

Just take a look at all of them here:

https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/t9418-mh3u-full-features-list

and it's likely we may see even more before it's all said and done. Heck, we now even know that with all this patches, updates, non-disk dlc and so much more can be done not just with MH3U but with all the updates and advancements the WiiU is receiving as well yesterday and in early April... There may be more unexspected suprises. ;)

again, stay positive and just have fun with the game once it's out. No need to worry so much.
Back to top Go down
Nephthys
Cephalos
Nephthys

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:13 am

If you're really concerned about getting specific tables, Athena's Charm Table Search For Monster Hunter 3G + Monster Hunter 3U helps a lot.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:36 am

^ To clarify, it's good for the current Japan 3G version... But may be irrelevant soon/or all together for MH3U The western version.
Back to top Go down
Arkenaw
Rhenoplos
Arkenaw

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 12:44 am

Nephthys wrote:
If you're really concerned about getting specific tables, Athena's Charm Table Search For Monster Hunter 3G + Monster Hunter 3U helps a lot.

Yep, here's the thread

http://forums.minegarde.com/topic/6766-athenas-charm-table-search-for-monster-hunter-3g-monster-hunter-3u/

It's really useful
Back to top Go down
http://www.twitch.tv/arkenaw#
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:18 am

All those features are what capcom unity members have asked for they are good but small things like that can slip their minds entirely. In a way the table system seems more efficient in which everyone gets a chance at one or two god talismans at least. There are way more skills than tri ever had and way more god talismans knowing there is a table and what talismans there are you can place yourself in the best table for your dream sets.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 11:09 pm

I reviewed all the tables and charms. It look a looong time. Anyway I've gleaned an interesting point, the 'cursed' tables as mentioned by Athena are limited to 200-800 charms instead of other tables that have 20,000.

You know what that means though? If you're on a cursed table the likelyhood of getting a charm you know is on that table is far higher. So your chance is now 1/500 instead of 1/20,000.

It's only a little silver lining though. 3 of the 5 cursed tables still have a +5 handicraft talisman which is what most hunters get from what I've seen online.

I'm still ticked off about the whole thing and will write an angry letter to Capcom when I get around to it.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:15 am

All this is terrible and all, but I'm not going to research it. Both in-game, and online. And guess what? I WON'T KNOW WHAT TABLE I'M IN! I mean, if you don't know what table your in, and forget about the whole thing (which I'm sure a lot of you won't be able to do) you won't care. I think I've heard some people say that the best armors are good enough that you'll only need a three slot talisman to optimize it. I also heard that a lot of the tables can get it. (I'm probably going to get criticized just because it turns out that only a few tables can get three slot talismans) The last post I read (not sure if I read it correctly) said that some tables have up to 20,000 charms. Is that true? In my mind, I'm thinking charms as in the things in TRI that can give B skill +7, C skill +10. Is this true that their are so many different types of charms?
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:28 am

There are 17 tables. 12 of these tables contain approx 20,000 talismans. 5 of them contain approx 800 talismans.

To put it bluntly, people on the 5 'cursed' tables will only have access to 1/20th of the actual talismans in the game. Yes this includes Handicraft+5 or Hearing+5 talismans that are missing from those 5 tables.

Here's a rough idea of skill point value changes in Ultimate.

(Edge Master, Water God)
+3 max

(Handicraft, Hearing)
+ 5 max

(Evasion, Guard)
+ 6 max

(Bomb boost, Trap master)
+ 10 max

(BBQ, Fishing)
+ 13 max

Last edited by Jader7777 on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 12:31 am

That is a lot of talismans. Although I suddenly realizes that I'm not sure how many TRI has. As I said before, if I don't know what table I'm in, I won't know what I'm missing out on, so I'm not going to bother trying to figure out which table I'm in. For me, it's that simple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)   MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MH3U's Charm system Info (you will be perma-locked into a charm table)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next