Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC

Go down 
+8
Ares
dcj91x
Will
Atalanta
BoredForLife
Yuki
Sai_
Volke
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Volke
Aptonoth
Volke

Thank you Points : 0

Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Empty
PostSubject: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Looks like they're coming out with one big update in April -

From IGN:

"You asked, Capcom listened. Today the company announced that in April, following the March 19 release of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate for Wii U, the game will be getting a software update in response to community feedback.

The update will add cross-region functionality for online play, allowing North American and European gamers to play together in up to four-player battles. It will also allow for off-TV play using the Wii U GamePad.

Additionally, for several months after release monster hunters can expect to recieve additional DLC quests, free of charge. The first quest will be available at launch."

Can't post link because I'm so new on this forum =D

Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:26 pm

I define DLC as new maps and new monster and new stuff.

The DLC they are talking about are probably downloadable event quests... meh
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 2:48 pm

Also G rank variations of some elder dragons.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 3:10 pm

They sure bent the truth on this "DLC" crap ._.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 3:46 pm

Hmmm...
Cross-region servers and off-tv play? Goddamn those idiots at capcom. I doubt anyone asked for those...
And free DownLoadable Content in the form of quests? New ones every week? Bah , who cares about expanding an already large monster hunter game...

Let's not start whining about this too , yes? /yes/
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 pm

Lots of people on this forum have been asking for cross-region play. I'm looking forward to it.

As for DLC, yeah, it's going to be event quests (and related event items). But some of the events can be fun (who didn't love beating up mini-Gaan?). And maybe they'll make certain monsters (subspecies, perhaps) only available during events (like HR Jhen was in Tri).

As for playing on the GamePad - well, if I had really wanted to play on a small screen, I would have bought a 3DS, not a WiiU. But someone was asking for it. Why else would Capcom spend time programming for it?

For my curiosity, has anyone actually looked at the file sizes? I'd be curious on how much work it would be for Capcom to actually code a new environment/monster/armor/weapon. I imagine the first 2 are rather intensive, but armors and weapons wouldn't be terrible.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 5:37 pm

BoredForLife wrote:
Hmmm...
Cross-region servers and off-tv play? Goddamn those idiots at capcom. I doubt anyone asked for those...
And free DownLoadable Content in the form of quests? New ones every week? Bah , who cares about expanding an already large monster hunter game...

Let's not start whining about this too , yes? /yes/
1.We all asked for those.
2.You can't make a post whining about something and then tell people not to whine about it.
Back to top Go down
Volke
Aptonoth
Volke

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 6:40 pm

I for one am grateful for anything free, or the fact a company is paying attention to make a game better. More content is always a plus, IMO, and this is better than nothing.

I do this a lot - get a game - join a forum - and see what happens. This community is actually nice to each other, which I think is awesome. (Skyrim, Starhawk were the worst communities, IMO).

More for the community is the way I see it =)

Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 7:49 pm

Ummm... Actually the DLC isn't just Event quests. It's also some special items this time around also. Some of the Shakas masks do not have to be achieved through quests along with a few other things. I'm not sure the full list.
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 8:19 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Ummm... Actually the DLC isn't just Event quests. It's also some special items this time around also. Some of the Shakas masks do not have to be achieved through quests along with a few other things. I'm not sure the full list.

So it's not like Tri, where the Event Weapons/Armors are already on the disk, and you just needed to complete the events for the items to create the Weapons/Armors?

That's promising - and will keep interest in the game around longer. Could also mean design contests later in the game's lifetime.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 9:32 pm

Atalanta wrote:
Lots of people on this forum have been asking for cross-region play. I'm looking forward to it.

As for DLC, yeah, it's going to be event quests (and related event items). But some of the events can be fun (who didn't love beating up mini-Gaan?). And maybe they'll make certain monsters (subspecies, perhaps) only available during events (like HR Jhen was in Tri).

As for playing on the GamePad - well, if I had really wanted to play on a small screen, I would have bought a 3DS, not a WiiU. But someone was asking for it. Why else would Capcom spend time programming for it?

For my curiosity, has anyone actually looked at the file sizes? I'd be curious on how much work it would be for Capcom to actually code a new environment/monster/armor/weapon. I imagine the first 2 are rather intensive, but armors and weapons wouldn't be terrible.

He was being sarcastic...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PossiblyDextrose
Kelbi
PossiblyDextrose

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2013 10:34 pm

Sarcasm in type form really is confusing at times.

But about the news; I'm pretty stoked for the Off-TV play feature, since I have a big family. But I do wonder how the people who imported WiiU's to play with people from different countries will feel about this.

I'm mostly talking about a certain person... lulz
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 12:53 am

Atalanta wrote:
dcj91x wrote:

So it's not like Tri, where the Event Weapons/Armors are already on the disk, and you just needed to complete the events for the items to create the Weapons/Armors?

That's promising - and will keep interest in the game around longer. Could also mean design contests later in the game's lifetime.

you misunderstand... all the current DLC is on disk, the code each week just unlocks it (as i understand) it just doesnt all unlock 'just' event quest from what has been said by capcom. Now keep in mind as seen by the day one updates, April updates and other things they have worked on 'non-disk' dlc is possible and as far as i've heard has not been ruled out.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 2:43 am

PossiblyDextrose wrote:

It really is :<
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:25 am

^ someday I'll add a sarcasm font.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 9:56 am

BoredForLife wrote:
PossiblyDextrose wrote:

It really is :<
Sarcasm + Internet = Disaster.
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:00 am

Quote :
Additionally, for several months after release monster hunters can expect to recieve additional DLC quests, free of charge. The first quest will be available at launch.

I'm not quite sure how to understand this. DLC quests (events i guess) will be avilable only for several months after release? And than what? No events at all? I thought they implement same solution as it was in Tri, i mean repeating same events for years after release. The phrase "for several months after release" just seems suspicious to me.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2013 11:13 am

^ No what he is saying basically is that for the first several months all the dlc quests and content will be on a regular schedule until they basically go through EVERYTHING that is available. After that they will start to cycle back around.

Just like with other MH's the quests/Items, will be available for a limited time each time for download but once you download them you can play as much as you want without having to be connected to the internet if you choose. If you miss a download of something and it gets replaced you will then have to wait until it cycles back around.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2013 1:22 pm

I'm still loving the idea of playing on the Gamepad. I can see this helping me because sometimes other household members may want to use the tv i have the wii u connected too, so i can start to play on the gamepad and still have my online capabilites. Then ofcourse when im not in the house i got handy dandy 3ds.

Edit: Also, lets hope for a lot more updates like this!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC   Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Play MH3U on Gamepad, free DLC
Page 1 of 1