Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Empty
PostSubject: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok first of all thanks for taking your time on reading and maybe posting some pointers.
I'll start with my case and people can come and put theirs and we can help each other giving advices and pointers if we were successfull on getting new players to love the game.
Also if someone got you to play the game eather recently or on other mh games your opinion can be very helpful.

Ok my case:
I'm happly married with a great woman wich i was lucky enugh that she learned to like the stuff i like, but on gaming she has always hated the ones that has a high learning curve (she loved the wii).
So i tried to get her to play mh tri with the motion controlers and she hated it becouse of the camera factor, the usage of items, and of curse the move factor.

So i stoped asking her about playing it but she is willing to play with me once i get the wii u (she likes the tablet hahaha).

Now after the failed mh tri opeartion i think i got the advantage with the wii u :
1. She will not have to worry much about the camera becouse of the lock on.
2. She will not have to worry about the items becouse she can have them displayed on the tablet making it easier to use them by touching it rather than scroll them like we are all used to.

The bad.
No move factor wich she liked on the wii but did not liked it for monster hunter.

Some games i got her to play and she liked it: Final Fantasy Cristal Cronicles(gamecube with gameboy advance has a controller), where she always charged at the enemy and i had to heal her, and xmen legends was it again she doesn't like to heal but she does eventually (on the ps2).
Also she likes fast weapons, so im thinking about SnS for her, she tried the hammer and she just was like /mad/ too slow!!, and she is not the type of player who will be defending much, maybe i can get her to play with long sword eventually.

So there any more advices, will the wii u be friendly enugh so she can start loving and hating the game like all of us.

Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 1:58 pm

Monster hunter (especially in Japan) is actually a female player heavy game with Duel Blades rated as the top weapon among female players. We have a high amount of female members here on the forum and chatbox so I would suggest having her stop bye here some time.

The WiiU is very friendly and easy to use and has a really fun Miiverse community. I would advise to have her check it out. Also not to be steriotyping but the 3DSxl does have a cool looking Pink xl and Pikachu one out right now and she may like those...

I personally know a lot of Female MH players in my area and they play everything from the SA to the DB's. The thing is to not push her.. let her play and discover what she likes and her own style.... Let her be herself.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 2:26 pm

Thanks for your quick answer.
Also i was thinking on getting Roy's and Sarah's guide for her but i think that would be pushing it much becouse she is still at the very bottom of the learning curve.
A good advice i could give to anyone is not to go play arena with a new player that may ruin it and not with move option i think that made it even harder for her.

She played the 3ds demo a bit and i think she felt more confident with the controls, sadly we can't afford a 3ds for her right now, so yea i have my hopes up with the wii u, i'll be posting about it in around 1 month.
Any more advices or a new case so we can get more pointers are very welcome.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:00 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Monster hunter (especially in Japan) is actually a female player heavy game with Duel Blades rated as the top weapon among female players. We have a high amount of female members here on the forum and chatbox so I would suggest having her stop bye here some time.

The WiiU is very friendly and easy to use and has a really fun Miiverse community. I would advise to have her check it out. Also not to be steriotyping but the 3DSxl does have a cool looking Pink xl and Pikachu one out right now and she may like those...

I personally know a lot of Female MH players in my area and they play everything from the SA to the DB's. The thing is to not push her.. let her play and discover what she likes and her own style.... Let her be herself.

True story, I was stationed in Japan 2009-2011 and met many females that played, majority of them dual swording.

OT my wife is japanese, and i got her into MH. At first it was a tad tough for her (bottom of the learning curve) and she didnt play much. But we would play together for an hour sometimes more. The more she played (and learned), the longer our hunting sessions went on, and now, like the rest of us, she gets uber frustrated at the desire factor, getting cornered ect ect. In your situation, i would try a classic controller. (not sure if those are for the wiiU or compatible) but that would alleviate a lot of the motion sensor problems with the camera ect ect. on the downside im not certain how it would work with the tablet and using items like you said. So might be worth a try for a classic controller, see if she likes the feel of it, and if she can use the tablet as well, great! if not, maybe she'll get used to item scrolling. I hope this helps.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 3:17 pm

Yea i was thinking about it but she really really is looking forward to play and actually goof around with the wii u tablet so i think i'll wait until we play it that way.
Maybe later she will be pro enugh to want a pro controller who knows heheh. Also the wii classic pro controller is compatible with the wii u? becouse i already have one of those.
Back to top Go down
enemy61390
Felyne
enemy61390

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 4:57 pm

[quote="elchele"]Yea i was thinking about it but she really really is looking forward to play and actually goof around with the wii u tablet so i think i'll wait until we play it that way.
Maybe later she will be pro enugh to want a pro controller who knows heheh. Also the wii classic pro controller is compatible with the wii u? becouse i already have one of those.[/quote]

This is what i was unsure of as well. I have a friend with a wiiU and he was using a classic controller on tri, I shall look into it and get back to ya.
Back to top Go down
Tirith
Bnahabra
Tirith

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:12 pm

yes, the wii classic pro controller is compatible with the wii u and mh.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2013 5:19 pm

Tirith wrote:
yes, the wii classic pro controller is compatible with the wii u and mh.
Great!! thanks man. Also since she likes anime (one piece, naruto, bleach, dragon ball, death note) do you think the manga of monster hunter orange it's a good way to like mh? also is there an anime of it? I'm having a blast reading it and liked it a lot becouse of all the monster hunter theme really nice, it has upswings, getting trolled by bullfangos etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U   Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with advices to get new players to play MH3U
Page 1 of 1