Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Jhen Cannon (bowgun)

Go down 
+5
Yuki
haruno
Sai_
Anonymin
Dragsaw
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragsaw
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Empty
PostSubject: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:13 am

Is the Jhen Cannon a good bowgun? and worth making? or is it better to have a lot of different bowguns to do different shots
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3DS/WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:41 pm

I was eyeing this bowgun just the other day. It looks good, will likely be up there with highest damage guns. In general it's good to have lots of guns to pair with different monsters/armour, but Jhen is probably a good start.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Anonymin wrote:
I was eyeing this bowgun just the other day. It looks good, will likely be up there with highest damage guns. In general it's good to have lots of guns to pair with different monsters/armour, but Jhen is probably a good start.

wat.

If you are going for high damage bowguns, Jhen Cannon is a viable choice, but I'd go for Moby Deus (I'm assuming you have unlocked Ceadeus at this point). Once upgraded, Ceadeus' HBG is easily the 2nd best normal ammo HBG, subordinate to Lagiacrus' fully upgraded HBG. Normal lv2 and lv3 does a ton of damage with high raw HBG. Because of this, you would not need many bowguns, but just one. I'd start with Ceadeus HBG, and then Lagiacrus HBG once you get to Abyssal Lagiacrus. Get full Azure Rathalos armor and you basically have the best offensive gunning set.

Also, these HBG have ridiculously high clip sizes when you remove the limiter, so this makes crouch-fire mode useless, not to mention you can add a Power Barrel. Have fun killing mobs in less than 6 minutes with these guns. I've yet to try gunning like this in a full group, but I've already seen the monstrous power of just two people gunning like this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:52 pm

But Jhen fully upgraded does the same damage as Abyss Lagi fully upgraded? And can probably be obtained way before the abyss lagi one. Not to mention the materials it takes to upgrade it to full is laughable, so I'm not understanding what the "wat" is for and why it's not a good starting point for someone who wants to get into gunning.

It all depends on the kind of shots it has and it's reload/recoil. If it has the sleep and para it did in tri paired with its good recoil and reload plus it's 30 free defense, I don't see a reason not to use it as a main gun.

I have downloaded Ping's MH3U Dex, so I am well aware of what guns do the most damage, and that would be dire miralis which is what I'm using currently. -30% affinity sucks, but it only differs by a couple of shots in the long run. Also It's cool to see another fan of shepard, since I think you got the idea about moby deus and sol armour from this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUXgSOfnJmg

But anyway the point of the topic is: is Jhen gun worth it. And considering how easy it is to max, I would say yes.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:21 pm

As far as I know, Jhen cannon has high recoil, and lagi has some.

And no, I don't watch shepherd. Azure los armor is pretty much the best for normal gunning, and moby deus was my readily available hbg early in g rank.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:23 pm

Where can you see a list of what ammo a bowgun can wield?
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:42 am

Yeah, I checked back later and realized jhen had high recoil, my bad. I don't understand why Azure is considered one of the best normal shot sets, I would take Normal Up over expert any day, load up is barely noticeable on normal shots, the only worthwhile skill is HGE which can be given from hunting horns anyway's. Personally I think there's much better skills if you want to focus on damage output as fast as possible, like reload and normal up. I guess it's up to preference though.

I have yet to find one haruno, I don't think anyone has been able to get all the guns and post a list yet. In Ping's MH3U Dex there are lots of empty spots in the bowgun weapon trees that look like that's what they're going to be for, not sure when they are going to be added though.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:57 am

Damn. I can't really start going for bowguns if I have no freaking clue what they hold...... Sad by vort
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 7:28 am

I don't play much online to be honest, so getting hearing up from a HH user is nonexistent. Azure los has CE+2, earplugs, and normal up. Plus, with an attack +5 charm, you can get AuS. Very good set indeed. I can't make a set with a better load out than this.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 9:27 pm

Little topic bump for haruno, Ping's MH Dex now has bowgun ammo that every single bowgun can load!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlkD8IiJ7nA
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 11:59 pm

I'm just sticking to violetkira's stuff as always haha xD still waiting for her to make a mh hitzone faq/
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:06 am

You really are not going to know the exact numbers until someone mods the wii u or 3DS you will have approximations based off mhp3rd and mh3.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 am

Sai_ wrote:
I don't play much online to be honest, so getting hearing up from a HH user is nonexistent. Azure los has CE+2, earplugs, and normal up. Plus, with an attack +5 charm, you can get AuS. Very good set indeed. I can't make a set with a better load out than this.

lol, we need to team up. Any skill you want, even Hearing, can be granted by the proper HH. ^_^

Thanks for the thread on this. I will eventually do my gunner, and having goals is always good.

Dire Miralis + Extra shot = drool. shooting 3 lvl 3 clusters at a monster per shot = utter destruction!
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:38 pm

The Jhen Cannon is definatley worth it imo. it's very easy to upgrade to the Hallowed Dracannon, and the damage is very good. Take off the limiter and add the power barrel and your set. I have both this and the Moby deus HBG upgraded to the max, i forget what it's called, but i prefer the jhen hbg anyday. I use the azure los with crit eye+2, normal up, earplugs, and Attack up Medium (Attack +10 charm). it does work.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:24 pm

@Anonymin: Do you think Shepard from Teamwork is like a God or sth? He didn't come up with the idea of deus+azure los. Pretty much all japanese speedruners use deus for some reason. Guess they know better than us because they have like i dunno 2 years more to test all things? You can test all stuff for next 2 years and come to the same conclusion.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 8:29 pm

Deus has been used for speed runs because normal lv2 is best for speed runs on land.
It has the highest raw of all normal guns; combined with lv2 being 12% of raw damage and raw exceeding 600, deus is pretty much the best normal HBG, next to Abyssal HBG which is best used underwater

Deus and Abyssal are the best normal HBG.
Back to top Go down
Anonymin
Melynx
Anonymin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:20 pm

Antari18 wrote:
@Anonymin: Do you think Shepard from Teamwork is like a God or sth? He didn't come up with the idea of deus+azure los. Pretty much all japanese speedruners use deus for some reason. Guess they know better than us because they have like i dunno 2 years more to test all things? You can test all stuff for next 2 years and come to the same conclusion.

I've never watched a japanese speedrun in my life, and he was the first exposure I ever got to the set. Then Sai bringing it up a few days later was what made me ask. Also was not aware that making an armour setup makes you a God.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:52 pm

Anonymin wrote:
Antari18 wrote:

I've never watched a japanese speedrun in my life, and he was the first exposure I ever got to the set. Then Sai bringing it up a few days later was what made me ask. Also was not aware that making an armour setup makes you a God.

Yeah, it takes quite a bit more. Shepard just popularized a lot if sets/strategies by showing then off on YouTube. He didn't come up with them on his own. It's the same story for iceman noob and the cheese kill tactics.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 2:15 pm

Sorry for juding you, was never my intention. Gods/local hero that's what they are. The simple fact that you saw a set and link it to certain person is just umm big. But be aware they copy pasta most of their strategies. Seing how people are quoting them as they're some kind of deity... umm that's not in my book sry. I don't need a hero to follow.

Iceman noob yeah i know that one. All he do in his vids is grumbling about how slime is OP and never use it, only to use it in pretty much all of his podcasts/videos. Not to mention how he show off all the time because he "solo pretty much entire game".

Also there's enough content on youtube as it is. There's hundreds and hundreds of japanese speedruns. Hit the search button and there you go.
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 4:15 pm

Pellets > jinouga and its subspecies
Willuminator > abyssal lagi and ice/agna
Pierce > Jhen/plessy
Evade+1 > narga
RF thunder > jho
Gods archipelago > ala

Just a few things I remembered off the top off my head
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jhen Cannon (bowgun)   Jhen Cannon (bowgun) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down