Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?

Go down 
+8
E&Troy
Silverwind
Lalo
haruno
Grutzrul
Atalanta
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Copain
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Copain
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Empty
PostSubject: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 12:15 pm

It's bothering me that I keep seeing bosses appear in Mooga woods... I can't honestly fathom as to why we'd fight there instead of on a mission where you'll get bonus rewards and supplies to help you hunt. Is there any honest reason to go to Moga woods for a hunt of a boss?
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:09 pm

The farm. Killing (or capping) monsters and reporting them gets you more resource points, which you can use in the farm to keep up essential supplies like honey, etc.
Back to top Go down
Copain
Kelbi

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:21 pm

Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
The farm. Killing (or capping) monsters and reporting them gets you more resource points, which you can use in the farm to keep up essential supplies like honey, etc.
Ah, thanks~
Back to top Go down
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Don't forget the Rare Commodities that you can trade with the Argosy Captain for some otherwise unobtainable items. It's the only way to get some masks, and the only way to upgrade your fishing fleet.
Back to top Go down
Grutzrul
Kelbi
Grutzrul

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:38 pm

Gathering stuff like ores and materials for pots, plus I personally like to take advantage of the no faint limit to practice fighting and dodging.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:20 pm

Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
at G rank this isn't the case. You spend 3-4 minutes mining at G rank volcano and you'll make far more resources generating them than actual hunting guaranteed.

The only reason why one would do free hunt is for rare commodities (which give you access to 5 different awards) or for normal commodities (cough pitfall trap cough cough)
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:48 pm

wait, what about the dust of life or something like that.

isn't that obtainable only by free hunting there? What does it do anyway? is it like a lifepowder?
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Lalo wrote:
wait, what about the dust of life or something like that.

isn't that obtainable only by free hunting there? What does it do anyway? is it like a lifepowder?
errr dust of life is free hunt only. But most likely you'll never use/find it but the gloamgloss weed you need to combine with lifepowder are common enough. Dust of life is just a better life powder I presume.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 4:10 pm

Mining in G-rank and farming high rank monsters for 1500 resource point parts is much easier and faster than hunting in the woods for resources. And you'll make more money.
Only reasons have been stated above, or if you want treasure trackers + paddles for the fishing fleet. It's a good way to practice with a new weapon though, no faint or time limit, you can gather and combine new potions rather easily, and you can sometimes get 3+ monsters in a row.
Also, bumblekins. Only good for some exclusive armor but you need 22 of them for one, 3 more for the gloamgrass armor helm but I believe that is female only.
Back to top Go down
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 8:56 pm

If you really want resources, you can always fight High/G rank Plesioths. As well as the Duramboros. They both can give you items (fang+ from the Plesioth, and humps from the Duramboros) that sell for 1500 resources each. However, my favorite methed for getting resources is the high rank Uragaan. It can give you Lava Nuggets which also sell for 1500 resources each. However, when you get them, (or at least, when I get them) they come in groups of 4. Last High Rank Uragaan I did, I got 8 (two groups of 4) Lava Nuggets. A total of 12000 resources in a 10 minute quest. Or faster if you aren't being lazy.
Back to top Go down
Ataraxia
Rajang
Ataraxia

Thank you Points : 33

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:08 am

Sometimes its fun just to run around Moga and come across a few large monsters. I did it when I was sick of grinding on Tri, it was oddly relaxing.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:09 am

Ataraxia wrote:
Sometimes its fun just to run around Moga and come across a few large monsters. I did it when I was sick of grinding on Tri, it was oddly relaxing.
That's why I do it, it is relaxing, no time limit, you can die as much as you want, just wander around killing monsters ^^
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:07 am

Pumpkins.
Back to top Go down
pumpkinslayer
Cephalos
pumpkinslayer

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): UK

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 1:13 pm

dcj91x wrote:
Pumpkins.
I am specialized in slaying them. /yes/
Back to top Go down
Bruno3
Melynx

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:05 pm

Simple. It's impossible to fail in freehunt. If you search for Mystery Slime, fighting a brachydios in a free hunt will allow you to wait for shiny drops by simple dodging its attacks that leave slime puddles. There's no time limit, so unless if there's a small limit to the number of shiny drops in slime, Moga Woods could technically be used for Mystery Slime farming. Same for the gem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?   Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Reason to use Moga Woods over hunting something?
Page 1 of 1