Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon Breeding in X/Y Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon Breeding in X/Y Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Breeding in X/Y

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Pokemon Breeding in X/Y Empty
PostPokemon Breeding in X/Y

Just some quick information to look over and some people can add to if they would like. (Most may know this stuff but for those who do not)

In each pokemon game there is always a few changes here and there, Pokemon X/Y has brough more noticable changes and some more debated changes than any other game in the main series thus far... One of the bigest changes is the "Breeding" Process.

Will start with a few simple changes:

1. Hidden abilities have been slightly adjusted, as with several other things, in past games it was requiered for the mother to have the hidden ability. In X/Y the mother does not need to be the one with it for the trait to be past on. However... The stipulation with this is that you are breading with a ditto.

Basically if it is two of the same kind the mother still needs the hidden ability if it is a male with the ability it needs to be bred with a Ditto.

2. In X/Y the mother does determin the pokeball the offspring will appear in. So in other words if the mother is in a Cherish ball so will the offspring.

3. Egg moves also now seem to be able to be inherited from both the mother and father though it is not always a 100% chance.

4. If you have a parent holding a "Destiny Knot" when breeding 5IV's will be transfered to the offspring. (the 5 IV's are chosen from all 12, the 6 from both parents)

5. A parent holding an everstone while breeding will pass on it's nature to the offspring 100% of the time. so if you have a pokemon with nature you want put the everston on it before breeding.

6. Power items on a parent pokemon guarantee that spacific IV gets passed onto the offspring.

7. Having a pokemon in your party with "Flame Body" decresses the hatching time by half.

Breeding items in debate:

Due to Game Freaks recent announcement of Shiny pokemon being more available once you have beaten the elite 4 and their increased appearance in the "Friends Safari" as well as the high availability of diferent region pokemon on the GTS/WT it has brough some debate into weather or not the  Masuda method for breading a shiny pokemon is still viable in Pokemon X/Y.

Languages are also selectable at the stat of the game but the pokemon may be coded with regions they are from as well....

Further it has also been stated that "Tipping" also incresses the likelyhood of incountering shiny pokemon and is possible to incresse the likelyhood of breeding a shiny as well which if so may also lower the possibility of the Masuda method in this generation.

Due to Gamefreaks and Nintendos higher level of security on hacks neither have been known to be tested at this time.

Many do still believe the method is unchanged as there is no information from Game Freak either way at this time.

Also, GameFreak has hinted at something special happening if you acquier one of every pokemon in the game as a shiny version. Though have stated nothing beyond that.

Last edited by dcj91x on Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon Breeding in X/Y :: Comments

Re: Pokemon Breeding in X/Y
Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:25 pm by Guest
as far as i know i have always had egg moves carry down from both father or mother, if it was just 1 move. not sure about one from father and one from mother both.
dcj91x
Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:35 pm by dcj91x
Before X/Y it was the father that passed on the Egg Moves. Now it is both parrents. Also multiple Egg move I believe are able to be passed on now instead of just one.
Chipou
Post Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:22 pm by Chipou
dcj91x wrote:
Also multiple Egg move I believe are able to be passed on now instead of just one.
Thats not new. You could always pass down multiple egg moves before.
Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:12 am by Guest
Yeah i meant in x and y exclusively dcj
Chips
Post Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:29 pm by Chips
1423 Eggs, finally Shiny Honedge
dcj91x
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:04 am by dcj91x
Yes but can it dance? I mean how is everything else on it?
MasterOnion
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 5:47 am by MasterOnion
dcj91x wrote:
Yes but can it dance?  I mean how is everything else on it?
*Honedge uses Swords Dance!*
"Yes."

/spark/

Spoiler:
dcj91x
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:56 am by dcj91x
^ knew that actually.. I was looking at mine when I posted it ;)
Chips
Post Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 pm by Chips
Brave nature, with 31 HP, Atk, Def. :D
Chipou
Post Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:02 am by Chipou
pfft, my sableye eats aegislash for lunch.
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon Breeding in X/Y

Page 1 of 1