Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! Empty
PostPokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

I'mm shaking from excitement, I honestly have NEVER been this ecstatic about a new Pokemon game

I have fond memories of Red and Blue, I smile when I remember Christmas at my Great Grandmas house with Gold and Silver with like five of my cousins, I remember excitedly telling my aunt an Uncle about Ruby and Sapphire while holding a gaming magazine, I remember being so pissed when I lost my DS on a bus and couldn't get Diamond and Pearl, and I remember watching the Japanese release of Black and White, watching each batch of Pokemon, speculating with people about the starter Evos, etc

But never, NEVER has my jaw dropped, my whole torso shake, my heart race, and my hands clench when watching an announcement for a Pokemon game.

I can't begin to wrap my head around the amazing things I saw during that live video, I just cannot wait for more information, for more new Pokemon, for the INTERNATIONAL release of these gorgeous 3D games
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! :: Comments

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:38 am by Snagglux
3D stadium-esque battles with a main-series styled overworld?
No painful period of knowing Japan has the game and I don't?
A FIRE TYPE STARTER THAT ISN'T ALSO A FIGHTING TYPE(HOPEFULLY)?

It's like a dream come true.

Last edited by Snagglux on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Win32error
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 am by Win32error
The big thing here is that gamefreak admits not knowing any more colours.

Not much new so far, just a graphical update and new pokemon, but i guess that makes sense for a first announcement.
DanielisAwesome52
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:50 am by DanielisAwesome52
My friend noticed the player is using Rollerblades, there's a player characer running behind the main player in a regular game, there's characters meeting up on trains

and sure most so far is graphical, but its HUGE graphical, fully rendered Pokemon on Battle on a Main series game, rendered character models, etc. And the biggest one moves are rendered between and in the same planes as the Pokemon, not jsut onscreen overlays that use specific camera angles to line it with pokemon actions, like every single 3D game since Stadium has used
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:51 am by Snagglux
Win32error wrote:
The big thing here is that gamefreak admits not knowing any more colours.

Pretty sure they admitted to that once they started naming the games after precious metals and jewels, or in other words, Gen 2.

Last edited by Snagglux on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
GobulHunterJames
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:51 am by GobulHunterJames
Speaking about colours, I noticed that all the main series version mascots have a red/blue colour.
Charizard & Blastoise (obvious colours)
Ho-oh and Lugia (Red feathers and blue "spines")
Groudon and Kyogre (Obvious colours)
Palkia and Dialga (Pink is basically a shade of red, Dialga is blue)
Reshiram and Zekrom (Reshiram glows red, Zekrom glows blue)
Kyurems (same as the previous 2)
DanielisAwesome52
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:54 am by DanielisAwesome52
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Speaking about colours, I noticed that all the main series version mascots have a red/blue colour.
Charizard & Blastoise (obvious colours)
Ho-oh and Lugia (Red feathers and blue "spines")
Groudon and Kyogre (Obvious colours)
Palkia and Dialga (Pink is basically a shade of red, Dialga is blue)
Reshiram and Zekrom (Reshiram glows red, Zekrom glows blue)
Kyurems (same as the previous 2)

The new Y Legend is red and X Legend is blue also

It's a hard theme to skew from, since they're basic colors, and the easiest to compare together
GobulHunterJames
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:06 am by GobulHunterJames
I'm wondering if and what they will use streetpass for. That Join avenue was fun, I hope they keep that.
Possibly upgrade it by having a Trainer Card list and when you streetpass you get the card saved in the list and the trainers could be regular visitors to the avenue.
Oni Zelkami
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:16 am by Oni Zelkami
Wait that's seriously what they're called? Was Pokemon Piss Yellow and Puke Green too risque?
dcj91x
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:30 am by dcj91x
I have.. Mixed feelings about the announcement so far... Though I would have liked some of the other things Gamefreak has talked about and the rumors for this announcement to have been true, I kind of see why they are not also.

PKM: X/Y is basically a core game with graphical updates and I'm sure enhancements for the 3ds. Which makes sense as PKM is basically the same equevalent as Mario... Though graphicaly they may change and a few additions are added over time the latest games and the original ones are not really that much different but still attractive to the core audiance. for anyone else... ehh, I guess that's what spinoff's are for.

Anyways it's good to see that GF/Nin has decided on a few things:

1. Focus on the new generations system.

2. World wide release of the game simultaniously.

3. Battlesystem update.

Now what I am really hopeing they do is do a free update on the Poke'dex Pro 3d with new pokemon and regions (BEFORE THE GAME IS RELEASED IN OCTOBER!!!!!!!). This will greatly increase the value of the PKD Pro and the use of the Game and it together.

Also, who gets the feeling since these are called X/Y they are going to do a combo Z?

Seriously they should have just dropped the duel games all together and did a single Poke'mon: blahblah! game.. and charged a bit more for it if they wanted Money that bad..
DanielisAwesome52
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:46 am by DanielisAwesome52
There's a few things I hope they announce about it

Like the fact that the current videos show Paris, Pikachu on top of the Eiffel Tower, and the Tower in the back during gameplay. I'm hoping that means there will be at real world location, at least major cities around the world

Also it shows the player character in front of a mirror, in what sort of looks like either his room or a dressing room (sort of), I'm hoping there's some Character customization. Battle Revolution had it, and it was one of the best things about BR (even if you had to battle your ass off against cheating gimmicks for a grossly disproportionate amount of currency to get the accessories)

There are some Pokemon Rainbow rumors floating around, some saying the announcement today would've been that. Some of those rumors though say stuff about functions like access to old regions in game (unlikely) and a Wii U app to go with it, which I very much would like, be it an HD Pokedex or an Online Hub

A Pokedex 3D upgrade would be freaking sweet, and Nintendo needs to do it. I would be frustrated if you had to buy a totally new app, but I wouldn't mind a payed update (Like Pokedex iOS's region expansions) or buying one for the Wii U (although that wouldn't be as convenient)

All in all I think the possibilities and speculative material we've been presented will make these games possibly the best Generation yet (especially since they took my favorite Pokemon Ninetales and turned her into a starter for me)
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:12 pm by Guest
okay now i'll buy a 3ds...
dcj91x
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:14 pm by dcj91x
:roll: So.. Monster Hunter doesn't get Vort to buy a 3DS but Pokemon does... :suspect:

Annnnyways.. Just noticed a link to the vieo was never posted:

http://www.pokemon.com/pokemonxy/en-us

Video
Spoiler:
Yamatsu
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:52 pm by Yamatsu
Not that impressed really. The trailer was as bland as it gets with that voice.
Graphical update on a handheld game, fair enough... But unless they bring something new and big I'm not that interested. But we'll see as new info is released.
And yes the naming is atrocious.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:58 pm by Guest
i dont want the pokemon game style to change. If it did, everyone would end up thinking the change was stupid.

Just look at how stupid they think the new pokemon from black/white are just because they are "new" and "not as cool looking". Same shit would happen if they switch to an action RPG game or something.
Yamatsu
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:08 pm by Yamatsu
Vortiene wrote:
i dont want the pokemon game style to change. If it did, everyone would end up thinking the change was stupid.

Just look at how stupid they think the new pokemon from black/white are just because they are "new" and "not as cool looking". Same shit would happen if they switch to an action RPG game or something.
Maybe you mis-understood me.
I like the core game of pokemon, don't get me wrong, but it stays too much the same. It's why I got bored of all the DS titles in the main series. There's nothing that really keeps me going.
Beat 8 gym leaders, stopping the bad guys while you're at it, beat the E4 and clean up everything left at endgame. It's how it goes for me and frankly if gen 6 is like that too I just won't get into it most likely.

I want them to add something that will get my attention and keep it... dcj and I were discussing the possibility of a pokemon mmo yesterday and honestly it's something like that - something with many goals that would keep me playing.
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm by Guest
i just want multiple regions and backtracking to older locations in previous games.

That sort of thing is what makes people love games. Most of the popularity of silver and gold were because the nostalgia they instilled by remembering the region within red and blue. So hopefully they have some of that in x and y.

Or they could do DLC with other regions... ;)

I agree that they should change up the adventure setup more than the 8 badge->E4 stuff.

Also, they need more caves like the ones in silver and gold. They were mazelike and had really engaging puzzles (remember that ice puzzle in the ice cave near mahogany town and blackthorn city? I loved that place.)

Dive mechanic also needs to play a big part. It was such an interesting mechanic that you could navigate underwater and surface into a whole new area. Loved that in RSE.

(I am still waiting for the orange islands to be in a game...)
dcj91x
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:16 pm by dcj91x
The battle system is a .. slight start for me. It's one thing I have been asking for but the multiple goals and full regions is another as well... I think they can easily keep the "Core" gameplay and still at MMO aspects Multiplayer or single player with a lot more sub quests. Adding "Variety" does not = changing the core game IMO.
DanielisAwesome52
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:19 pm by DanielisAwesome52
I don't mind the battling, the effect bother me when they just overlay things

I'd like a new way to find Pokemon, more Monster Hunter esque, like actually seeing them in the grass, following them etc

then with that add a different way to train, like an actual gym where you practice moves and certain exercises for each stat
Lalo
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:27 pm by Lalo
so, now we can also expect pokemon Z?
dcj91x
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:30 pm by dcj91x
Lalo wrote:

I already said that a few posts back..

and before the joke is made:

POKEBALL Z!!!! Dragons edition!!!!!

Last edited by dcj91x on Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
DanielisAwesome52
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:33 pm by DanielisAwesome52
Lalo wrote:

I just read about that, in Norse mythology there are three types of creature that live in Yggdrasil, a Wyrm Nidhogg, an Unnamed Eagle who hates Nidhogg, and Four Deer which supply water and various things to the realms.

If Pokemon X is the Deer and Pokemon Y is the Eagle, that Leaves Pokemon Z to be the hated Dragon that gnaws at the roots of Yggdrasil
dcj91x
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:36 pm by dcj91x
DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
Lalo wrote:

I just read about that, in Norse mythology there are three types of creature that live in Yggdrasil, a Wyrm Nidhogg, an Unnamed Eagle who hates Nidhogg, and Four Deer which supply water and various things to the realms.

If Pokemon X is the Deer and Pokemon Y is the Eagle, that Leaves Pokemon Z to be the hated Dragon that gnaws at the roots of Yggdrasil

You didn't read my post above your's did you... /sad/
DanielisAwesome52
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:38 pm by DanielisAwesome52
dcj91x, I did but I was typing mine up as you posted yours and i figured adding a little backup information would solidify the point
Red
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 pm by Red
Wow really? wonder what the dragon will be like then would like to see it o.o.

Also i'm sure i saw the girl charater wear something different at one point of the trailer and like you said Danielis there the mirror too changing outfits might be in this one.

Also i'm been thinking what if the region is not only base in France but the whole Eu?
they have more then enough time to do it as well just me wondering thats all o.o.

Nows for the fan boy talk....:
I love the fire and water starters (likely picking the fire one though)
and finally something not a bike WOOHOO!!! although i really really want a skateboard more then rollerblades.... its cool though and i do like it.

i'll leave it at that for now.

ps:It be also nice if there outfit shops in each town so going though more of the game would be more rewarding
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next