Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostPokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

I'mm shaking from excitement, I honestly have NEVER been this ecstatic about a new Pokemon game

I have fond memories of Red and Blue, I smile when I remember Christmas at my Great Grandmas house with Gold and Silver with like five of my cousins, I remember excitedly telling my aunt an Uncle about Ruby and Sapphire while holding a gaming magazine, I remember being so pissed when I lost my DS on a bus and couldn't get Diamond and Pearl, and I remember watching the Japanese release of Black and White, watching each batch of Pokemon, speculating with people about the starter Evos, etc

But never, NEVER has my jaw dropped, my whole torso shake, my heart race, and my hands clench when watching an announcement for a Pokemon game.

I can't begin to wrap my head around the amazing things I saw during that live video, I just cannot wait for more information, for more new Pokemon, for the INTERNATIONAL release of these gorgeous 3D games
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! :: Comments

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!
Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:05 pm by Guest
still waiting on fire+water type
quidam
Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:02 am by quidam
guess the secondary typing here are actually interesting (if confirmed?) because:

fire>grass>water>fire
psy<dark<fight<psy

...i see what they did there
Ares
Post Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:57 pm by Ares
quidam wrote:
guess the secondary typing here are actually interesting (if confirmed?) because:

fire>grass>water>fire
psy<dark<fight<psy

Indeed, perhaps the playing field for the starters will be really equal now.
Miichu
Post Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:59 pm by Miichu
my BF and me was watching the trailer together and after it ended we bothed was shaking and yelling AARRRR SO AWESOME xD I just cant wait :D
Otoshimo
Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:31 pm by Otoshimo
Pre-orders are now available
and another interesting piece of info spotted within context
altho i'm 50/50 on this one but seeing they did just include it with B/W 2 I won't dismiss it so soon

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/9803/20130117/pokémon-x-y-pre-orders-now-accepted.htm

Last edited by Otoshimo on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Arakune
Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:14 am by Arakune
Ares wrote:
quidam wrote:

fire>grass>water>fire
psy<dark<fight<psy

It would be if they were Rock/Flying/Fighting, as Dark is immune to Psychic.

Also, while the idea of multiple regions is sweet, is ultimately awful in practice.
Otoshimo
Post Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:28 am by Otoshimo
Arakune wrote:
Ares wrote:
quidam wrote:

fire>grass>water>fire
psy<dark<fight<psy

It would be if they were Rock/Flying/Fighting, as Dark is immune to Psychic.

While that is true, they would have far more weaknesses that (i guess) would balance them
hell, the grass/dark has like 7 vulnerablities alone.

and more speculation of that DNA thing, this one elaborates on it and now i'm starting to see it

http://kotaku.com/5975396/this-nerdy-explanation-for-pokmon-xy-might-blow-your-mind
Otoshimo
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:22 am by Otoshimo
As i stated, there is a new eeveelution

Ninfia, the newest addition to the ever family tree has been confirmed
it can be easily assumed it will be "Ninfeon" in english

Type has yet to be confirmed, however ninfia has added to speculation that there will be a new Pokemon type presented with X & Y,
The light type

http://www.legendarypokemon.net/2013/02/12/English/ninfia
DanielisAwesome52
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:58 am by DanielisAwesome52
Ima just let everyone know, put it in writing so to speak

Now I'm a HUGE Pokemon fan, been playing since I was 5, can name every Pokemon by heart, etc, blah blah

But If they introduce a Light or Sound type, or if Fennekin is another Fire/Fighting type, I will ABSOLUTELY, without a doubt, and immediately quit Pokemon, forever, and permanently.

I absolutely hate the fan types Light and Sound, especially since they both already exist. Arceus with Judgement and Hidden Power are both "Light" types, they are normal type moves that change type based on the Pokemon using them. And sound is the normal type's Special class, Hyper Voice, Round, Supersonic, all these are "Sound"

but also it would be a huge deal for me to just stop playing Pokemon, but I will do it

But also back on topic Ninfia will prolly be Nympheon or something phonetically similiar. The sources imply they'll be another Eeveelution, and looking and ninfia it seems like a very feminine Pokemon, so maybe it'll be a Normal type Female only evolution, while the yet o be revealed one will be male only
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:14 am by Guest
confirming adding a new type completely destroys the fact that pokemon games are well designed and fun to play

the games just wont be any fun at all, like, they are unplayable, because a new type is added.
GobulHunterJames
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 am by GobulHunterJames
Did steel and dark destory Gen 2? No, they didn't.
If you quit Pokemon just because they add 2 new types then you're no better than the Genwunners.
Chagrilled
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:08 am by Chagrilled
GobulHunterJames wrote:
If you quit Pokemon just because they add 2 new types then you're no better than the Genwunners.

gen 1 was broken, it NEEDED steel and dark to fix the overwhelming power of psychic and normal.

edit: of course, among other tweaks and fixes.
DanielisAwesome52
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:31 pm by DanielisAwesome52
Also Steel was already predesigned before Gen I was released, as were 90% of Johto's Pokemon, Dark was added because of Psychic's ridiculous stronghold on the type advantage and power departments

They were necessary and they fixed what was obviously broken, Light and Sound are just stupid, wont fix or add anything useful, they'll just destroy any possible creativity there could be

adding Steel and Dark balanced the typing during a time when Pokemon needed balance, Light and Sound would be like taking the complex yet elegant machine that is Pokemon typing and tear pieces in half, putting them in awkward places and defeating the purpose of others

Also its a BS copout for poor Fakemon designers, and would be the worst thing any decent Pokemon designer could do
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:03 pm by Guest
GobulHunterJames wrote:

I was being sarcastic, because saying "i will never play pokemon again" after they add a type or two is idiotic.

DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
I will assume types are bad before I even know their implications

no one said anything about a "sound" type

I think light type is fine and could be a variation of the normal type.
Otoshimo
Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:57 pm by Otoshimo
Vortine wrote:
DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
I will assume types are bad before I even know their implications

no one said anything about a "sound" type

I think light type is fine and could be a variation of the normal type.

there is a sound type rumored to be added along with light, vort. So dan is accurate on that.
But as of now, there is nothing that could support these theories. Ninfia is the only thing that could be used to hint at that. With that said, Ninfia has hints that it could be one of 3 other types that are more probably.

Post Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:12 pm by Guest
i can say that a sound type probably won't be added because it is nonsensical

light however is fairly sensible
GobulHunterJames
Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:08 am by GobulHunterJames
According to things i've seen, there is an official image of Eevee with its evoluutions around it, each with a disadavntage or advantage at opposite sides (such as umbreon and espeon being opposite sides)
Sylveon is opposite to Jolteon, and people seem to be assuming it's a flying type.
I support this because flying types don't need to have wings. (Gyarados and Jumpluff for example)
Also the fact that its name is close to "sylph" a fairy-like elemental of air/wind.
For all we know, it could be flying type and fly via wind manipulation or some other way, like how Shaymin can fly.
And of course the jokes about Sylveon looking like a combination of Eevee and Skyla.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:06 pm by Otoshimo
GobulHunterJames wrote:
According to things i've seen, there is an official image of Eevee with its evoluutions around it, each with a disadavntage or advantage at opposite sides (such as umbreon and espeon being opposite sides)
Sylveon is opposite to Jolteon, and people seem to be assuming it's a flying type.
I support this because flying types don't need to have wings. (Gyarados and Jumpluff for example)
Also the fact that its name is close to "sylph" a fairy-like elemental of air/wind.
For all we know, it could be flying type and fly via wind manipulation or some other way, like how Shaymin can fly.
And of course the jokes about Sylveon looking like a combination of Eevee and Skyla.

I've seen that picture, but there are some flaws with that theory thats come up lately.
If one was to go based off of each eeveelution weaknessess, Sylveon would then have to be a ground type. otherwise the only 'lutions that would have no counter are jolteon & Umbreon. before the new 'lution was even 1st seen, the hints at it suggested it was suppose to be a dragon type eevee. so speculation isnt the best weapon of choice here.

Sylveon has been dropped down to 2 supposed types (not including the light type rumors)
Normal,
& Flying.

I've felt this newest addition was a flying type from its reveal. and i seriously doubt gamefreak would make the newest eevee chain the same type as the base form.

So, unless nintendo announces that Eevee will evolve into Sylveon when you give it a FAABULOOOOS stone, i will stick with Flying type assumptions for the time being

Last edited by Otoshimo on Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
GobulHunterJames
Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:13 pm by GobulHunterJames
Otoshimo wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:

I've seen that picture, but there are some flaws with that theory thats come up lately.
If one was to go based off of each eeveelution weaknessess, Sylveon would then have to be a ground type. otherwise the only 'lution that would have no counter is jolteon.
Doesn't Umbreon have no counter to its typing? Water, Fire, Electric, Ice and Grass all are not super effective to Dark, and Psychic can't hurt it at all.
Otoshimo
Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:19 pm by Otoshimo
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:

If one was to go based off of each eeveelution weaknessess, Sylveon would then have to be a ground type. otherwise the only 'lution that would have no counter is jolteon.
Doesn't Umbreon have no counter to its typing? Water, Fire, Electric, Ice and Grass all are not super effective to Dark, and Psychic can't hurt it at all.

lol yea. Iv been writing all these PokeUpdates for like 5 different communities XD no shocker if I make a simple mistake one I get to writing it here last lol
but yes, umbreon has no weakness'd counter eeveelution. which kinda adds to the fallacy of going of the 'Eevee-wheel' picture
Ares
Post Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:28 pm by Ares
Vortiene wrote:
confirming adding a new type completely destroys the fact that pokemon games are well designed and fun to play

the games just wont be any fun at all, like, they are unplayable, because a new type is added.

It will be a bigger disappointment than duke nukem forever. It will be awful, it will ruin the franchise, **** its going to ruin the genre. I will never enjoy Pokemon, or any other turn based game again, all because of the addition of light or sound types to Pokemon gen 6.

Spoiler:
Spiritlord
Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:55 am by Spiritlord
Going back to the new legendaries, I have to say, those designs are quite stylish.

Hopefully they won't be all style and no substance - I want some legendaries with inventive stats for a change. All we've been getting since gen 3, for the mascot legendaries at least, is massively overpowered attack stats, and otherwise decent stats all around. Why not give one of them excellent defences, and the other really good speed. And generally decent stats apart from those. Just a thought.
Otoshimo
Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:53 pm by Otoshimo
Spiritlord wrote:
Going back to the new legendaries, I have to say, those designs are quite stylish.

Hopefully they won't be all style and no substance - I want some legendaries with inventive stats for a change. All we've been getting since gen 3, for the mascot legendaries at least, is massively overpowered attack stats, and otherwise decent stats all around. Why not give one of them excellent defences, and the other really good speed. And generally decent stats apart from those. Just a thought.

Cause that pretty much is the point of legendary Pokemon,
they are powerhouses. They are meant to be sweepers thats why they are banned from tournament gameplay.
Spoiler:

I care more about having actual usable pokemon with interesting type matchups and stratagems forgeable with the new gen than for the legendaries which are pretty much trophies.

And on that note, the most recent news
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/15912/20130312/pok-mon-x-y-dex-leak-99.htm

There is a better source I found recently that had a little tidbit on what the new pokemon movie,
when have the time later today i will be replacing the link above with that source.
but for now take your stand on whether you find the above credible or not:
Do you believe that this really is the new roster?
or do you still believe if we are to get any reliable information via something as big as the entire pokemon gen 6 roster 4CHAN?

but either way, the link covers what's the most recent news in a nutshell

UPDATE
just as everyone with a brainstem expected,
http://www.explosion.com/24430/pokemon-x-y-recent-rumors-are-false/
Spiritlord
Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:15 pm by Spiritlord
Otoshimo wrote:
Spiritlord wrote:

Hopefully they won't be all style and no substance - I want some legendaries with inventive stats for a change. All we've been getting since gen 3, for the mascot legendaries at least, is massively overpowered attack stats, and otherwise decent stats all around. Why not give one of them excellent defences, and the other really good speed? And generally decent stats apart from those. Just a thought.

Cause that pretty much is the point of legendary Pokemon,
they are powerhouses. They are meant to be sweepers thats why they are banned from tournament gameplay.

I care more about having actual usable pokemon with interesting type matchups and stratagems forgeable with the new gen than for the legendaries which are pretty much trophies.

I generally don't care that much about legendaries either, which was why I was calling for them to have a stat revamp. I'm not saying they can't have good attack, I just want them to be designed with more original stats and movepools.

I think the main thing to work on in terms of gameplay is further developing the strategic side of the game. So far, you need very little strategy beyond type matchups to actually complete the game.

One feature that I think needs tweaking is the Switch/Set battle system. It either gives you an incredibly unfair advantage, or causes rather awkward combat. The solution I see is to create a third system which allows you to switch out directly after defeating something, but doesn't tell you what is coming next. That could be interesting...
Otoshimo
Post Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:43 pm by Otoshimo
Spiritlord wrote:

I think the main thing to work on in terms of gameplay is further developing the strategic side of the game. So far, you need very little strategy beyond type matchups to actually complete the game.

Not like EVs,
IVs,
Ability/movepool/nature breeding,
Selective battle stratagems (baton passing, flail/endeavor setups, Voltturn, Sun/rain teams, etc.)
Entry traps,
and the plethora of already existent material that incorporates into actual pokemon strategies mean anything....

nope >_> they mean jackchnit in terms of pokemon havine a "developed strategic side of the game".

Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Page 3 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15 ... 28  Next