Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostPokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

I'mm shaking from excitement, I honestly have NEVER been this ecstatic about a new Pokemon game

I have fond memories of Red and Blue, I smile when I remember Christmas at my Great Grandmas house with Gold and Silver with like five of my cousins, I remember excitedly telling my aunt an Uncle about Ruby and Sapphire while holding a gaming magazine, I remember being so pissed when I lost my DS on a bus and couldn't get Diamond and Pearl, and I remember watching the Japanese release of Black and White, watching each batch of Pokemon, speculating with people about the starter Evos, etc

But never, NEVER has my jaw dropped, my whole torso shake, my heart race, and my hands clench when watching an announcement for a Pokemon game.

I can't begin to wrap my head around the amazing things I saw during that live video, I just cannot wait for more information, for more new Pokemon, for the INTERNATIONAL release of these gorgeous 3D games
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!! :: Comments

Re: Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 pm by Guest
if there was a skateboard i would not buy it
GobulHunterJames
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:02 pm by GobulHunterJames
If there is a dragon represented by Z, then I must brace myself for the Dragonball Z jokes.
Ares
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:16 pm by Ares
Oh shit, new pokemon games. I still haven't played b/w2.
Ultimate Jaggi
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:44 pm by Ultimate Jaggi
Ares wrote:
Oh shit, new pokemon games. I still haven't played b/w2.

This right here^^
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:21 pm by Lagiacrus the ultimate
I don't give a flying **** what anyone thinks about these games, Fennekin is now my second favorite starter ever. Right behind the badassity that is Cyndaquil.
MasterOnion
Post Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:48 pm by MasterOnion
DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
Lalo wrote:
so, now we can also expect pokemon Z?

I just read about that, in Norse mythology there are three types of creature that live in Yggdrasil, a Wyrm Nidhogg, an Unnamed Eagle who hates Nidhogg, and Four Deer which supply water and various things to the realms.

If Pokemon X is the Deer and Pokemon Y is the Eagle, that Leaves Pokemon Z to be the hated Dragon that gnaws at the roots of Yggdrasil

Ratatosk lives there too. He delivers messages between the eagle and nidhogg.
BoredForLife
Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 am by BoredForLife
holy crap , am i excited for this.

The new pokemon look like shit again so far... but oh well...
GobulHunterJames
Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:19 am by GobulHunterJames
Nostalgia makes things look bad, I like the look of them. I don't see what's to hate about them.
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:01 pm by Lagiacrus the ultimate
Trust me, in one or two my generations people who hate it are gonna look back at Froakie and say "Now that was a Pokemon. GameFreak should go back to something like that."
DanielisAwesome52
Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:45 pm by DanielisAwesome52
The Legends have names now

Xerneas
Spoiler:

and Yveltal
Spoiler:
Will
Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:55 pm by Will
Lagiacrus the ultimate wrote:
Trust me, in one or two my generations people who hate it are gonna look back at Froakie and say "Now that was a Pokemon. GameFreak should go back to something like that."
I assure you I wont ever do that....IS THAT AN ANOREXIC RAINBOW DEER?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Nope, I won't be looking back at these and thinking "Those were cool" ever.
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:01 am by Guest
i guess a anorexic male wearing a dress was cool then?

that is all
GobulHunterJames
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:06 am by GobulHunterJames
Vortiene wrote:
i guess a anorexic male wearing a dress was cool then?

that is all
Not sure if male Gardevoir
Or male Gothitelle.

Anyways.
If Pokemon Z is a dragon based on the Yggdrasil Wyrm Nidhogg, then I theorise that its name will be... Nydraggzil.
Chagrilled
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:48 am by Chagrilled
Vortiene wrote:
i guess a anorexic male wearing a dress was cool then? that is all

no this can not be it!! what about the amazing dugtrio? or magneton? or electrode?

flawless pinnacles of 1st gen design
Lalo
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:33 pm by Lalo
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Nydraggzil.

No, there is a pattern, the name has to start with Z
Ares
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:28 pm by Ares
Lalo wrote:
GobulHunterJames wrote:
Nydraggzil.

No, there is a pattern, the name has to start with Z

Zydraggnil.
Ataraxia
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:24 pm by Ataraxia
Pretty exciting, glad to see the Pokemon franchise is evolving so much this time. I was pretty disappointed with Black/White 2; still haven't gotten much further than the second gym.

Dunno 'bout you guys, but I'm gonna get Pokemon Y and so far Ima ditch my starter. None of them interest me... or entertain me in any way for that matter. They're kinda repulsive really.
Ares
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:53 pm by Ares
Ataraxia wrote:
Pretty exciting, glad to see the Pokemon franchise is evolving so much this time. I was pretty disappointed with Black/White 2; still haven't gotten much further than the second gym.

Dunno 'bout you guys, but I'm gonna get Pokemon Y and so far Ima ditch my starter. None of them interest me... or entertain me in any way for that matter. They're kinda repulsive really.

I know what you mean, I did that in my 2nd or 3rd B/W playthrough, because I didn't think too highly of the starters then either, but I'm sure with time we'll get used to them.

Did people complain this much about the new starters for 2nd-4th gen?
I wasn't really on the internet at that time.
Otoshimo
Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:39 pm by Otoshimo
Ares wrote:
Ataraxia wrote:

I know what you mean, I did that in my 2nd or 3rd B/W playthrough, because I didn't think too highly of the starters then either, but I'm sure with time we'll get used to them.

to answer that question; No. there wasn't too much complain about the starters 2nd-4th gen. It was really just with b/w when we got ANOTHER fire/fighter and the other two had nno double type like the gen prior.

Since google+ is flipping out about this and not here, i'll bring it up

This' is supposed to be the possible line of final evolutions for the starters.
Spoiler:
I don't want to explain the whole theory behind it again, so just search it yourself for the story. But there's a rumor going around that they all will be double typed like gen 4, with the lineup of Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. But again, these all ar just rumors but worth mentioning.

Heres a 99.99% possibility tho, expect to see a new Eeveelution. Possible Dragon

http://pokejungle.net/2013/01/06/speculation-eevee-evolution/
Chagrilled
Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:43 am by Chagrilled
Otoshimo wrote:
to answer that question; No. there wasn't too much complain about the starters 2nd-4th gen.

i dont think you would of been old enough to know that about 2nd gen. considering it's about 13 years old, and even 3rd gen was 10 years ago iirc. i dont know many 5-8 year olds that would of used the internet (full stop) to look up hate for pokemon games :P

Otoshimo wrote:
and the other two had nno double type like the gen prior.

which gen prior? 4th gen we had water steel and grass ground, 3rd gen we had water ground and grass.
Ares
Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:29 am by Ares
Otoshimo wrote:
Ares wrote:
Ataraxia wrote:

to answer that question; No. there wasn't too much complain about the starters 2nd-4th gen. It was really just with b/w when we got ANOTHER fire/fighter and the other two had nno double type like the gen prior.

Since google+ is flipping out about this and not here, i'll bring it up

This' is supposed to be the possible line of final evolutions for the starters.
Spoiler:
I don't want to explain the whole theory behind it again, so just search it yourself for the story. But there's a rumor going around that they all will be double typed like gen 4, with the lineup of Grass/Dark, Fire/Psychic, and Water/Fighting. But again, these all ar just rumors but worth mentioning.

Heres a 99.99% possibility tho, expect to see a new Eeveelution. Possible Dragon

http://pokejungle.net/2013/01/06/speculation-eevee-evolution/

lol, Google+
Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:59 pm by Guest
the grass one looks way too much like excadrill to be the real final evolution...
Otoshimo
Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:04 pm by Otoshimo
Chagrilled wrote:
Otoshimo wrote:
to answer that question; No. there wasn't too much complain about the starters 2nd-4th gen.

i dont think you would of been old enough to know that about 2nd gen. considering it's about 13 years old, and even 3rd gen was 10 years ago iirc. i dont know many 5-8 year olds that would of used the internet (full stop) to look up hate for pokemon games :P

Otoshimo wrote:
and the other two had nno double type like the gen prior.

which gen prior? 4th gen we had water steel and grass ground, 3rd gen we had water ground and grass.

There was this thing before the internet (yes there were things before the internet existed, you can gasp here) they were called local fanbase communities.
they were like websites devoted to fandoms...
except you got to know the other fans beyond a profile pic
astonishing.....
and you be surprised the things I was doing when I was just 5, scourging the internet would be the bottom of the list

And to reidirate, I ment the latest generation, B/W unova generation. Only one starter finalution has a double type (fuccing fire/fight again...) and the other two are solo typed. where as comparing to 4th ten prior where every starter finalution had a double type, which you stated above; water/steel & grass/ground
DanielisAwesome52
Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:13 pm by DanielisAwesome52
The artist (as good as they are, don't get me wrong I haven't been able to draw like that for a LONG time) doesn't really "get" Pokémon design, if those were final evos they'd be WAY too simplistic, they don't really evolve they just kinda grow, almost like a Digimon from Rookie to Champion

Chespin also looks more like a Chipmunk or Squirrel, rather than an Armadillo. Also there are some fairly logical rumours going around saying they'll be dual Dark, Fight, and Psychic and since we've seen Fennekin use Psychic, and Froakie use a beat em up move or some sort of multi tackle thing, I think its safe to assume Chespin will be Dark, which if he develops like Oshawott and Dewott it would be really cool, since Dark types tend to associate with blades and cutting attacks

Also I'm not trying to be snooty about the designs, I've seen worse Fakemon designs than you could reasonably imagine, and They are very good designs, they just don't fit the feel Pokemon has been sorta developing, nor do they all follow the presumed typing scheme
Otoshimo
Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:29 pm by Otoshimo
DanielisAwesome52 wrote:
The artist (as good as they are, don't get me wrong I haven't been able to draw like that for a LONG time) doesn't really "get" Pokémon design, if those were final evos they'd be WAY too simplistic, they don't really evolve they just kinda grow, almost like a Digimon from Rookie to Champion

Chespin also looks more like a Chipmunk or Squirrel, rather than an Armadillo. Also there are some fairly logical rumours going around saying they'll be dual Dark, Fight, and Psychic and since we've seen Fennekin use Psychic, and Froakie use a beat em up move or some sort of multi tackle thing, I think its safe to assume Chespin will be Dark, which if he develops like Oshawott and Dewott it would be really cool, since Dark types tend to associate with blades and cutting attacks

Also I'm not trying to be snooty about the designs, I've seen worse Fakemon designs than you could reasonably imagine, and They are very good designs, they just don't fit the feel Pokemon has been sorta developing, nor do they all follow the presumed typing scheme

Chespin is supposedly based of of a hedgehog, according to its name origins and the 1st grass starter based on a mammal. So i coiuld see how it will probably look something like the art.
I'm not crazy over the desings myself, but that is the whole reason why it's only a rumor thus far. I'm sure we'll see something better.

To me, I'm less concerned with seeing the final designs and more attentive to the typing. It looks like we finally will not see another fire starter (thank arceus). Althou a Grass/dark type would suck strategy wise, it's at least nice to see (or at least speculate based off of what we fans have taken notice to) that the new gen is starting off on a good start with the latest pokemon. I'm very much elated to see some new type match ups in this gen.
Post  by Sponsored content

Pokemon X and Pokemon Y!!!

Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next