Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lets learn a little about MH4U

Go down 
+28
Yamatsu
Roon
MasterOnion
Ataraxia
Kanade
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Sephastus
LugiaXD
Will
Yuki
MetaMarx
Bidoof
Silverwind
DanielisAwesome52
MHWF
Lalo
Phazon Xenomorph
Lucas
Guild Adventure
Firpi
Tomderdepp
Amaku
TKMT
Antari18
Raptor98
PAiN---
Sai_
dcj91x
32 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to todays class, please take a seat. (note though some of these were introduced in MH4 since much of the things shown will be new to the west in 4U what will be referenced will state that 4U will be first introducing it as it is first showing it to the western audiance)

We will start with the amount of monsters and weapon types in each game in each game.

Previous Portable games:
Spoiler:

MH4Ultimate 3DS World wide release

Small: 22 23

Large: 64 72

Total: 86 88 96

up to 97 now actually

(possibility of later DLC monsters rumored but not confirmed)

Weapons:

Sword and Shield, Dual Blades, Great Sword, Long Sword,
Hammer, Hunting Horn, Lance, Gunlance, Switch Axe,
Insect Glaive, Charge Blade, Light Bowgun, Heavy Bowgun, Bow

Monsters we will be seeing in MH4U

Spoiler:

Known areas:

Spoiler:

New mechanics in MH4U (these have also been addapted in Fronteir and were tested in other games prior to being added in the main series of MH. When asked Capcom Japan stated that a lot of the ideas had actually com from fans of the series in the west and tested in several games before being added into Monster Hunter, some of these were used in previous games such as the "lock on feature".)

Air attacks, weapon upswings leading into air attacks, environmental interaction (wall climbing/jumping ect.), Monster cling attacks (being able to hang on the monster for direct attacks)

Capcom stated that MH4U will include even more interaction with monsters, the environment and airial attacks over MH4 though did not go into detail.

Other additions:

Spoiler:

There are many other new additions to MH4U over previous MH games, (I will add more later) if you have questions or would like to post a few or exspand on some yourself please do so.

It seemed to me that a lot of people didn't know just how much the game had actually been updated, though still a core MH game the amount to do has been really increased and Capcom has seemed to gone out of their way to keep people interested in playing and to keep them challenged.

Though much about 4U spacifically is still unknown and Capcom themselves have stated updates over 4U (even with 4 data being able to transfer to 4U in japan), those of us in the west should have a lot to look forward to early next year. If you have given up on MH or are getting a little worn out.. MH4U might be the time to give it one more go.

In the mean time here are some MH4 video's to show what we do know:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

E3 2014 Treehouse gameplay 30 minutes

More updates: Several monsters now have an "additional" ragemode due to the Feral Wyvern virus giving them additional abilities when fighting them in later HR ranks.

Last edited by dcj91x on Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:05 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 23, 2014 8:43 pm

Dunno if anyone mentioned it earlier, but Charge Blade is affected by Artillery skills (boosting explosions dmg) and Load up (adding another vial). I actually learned that in this video he uses Artillery Master skill which boost vial explosions so he can focus on shiels thrust (which releases one vial burst). Shield thrust also does KO dmg. The vials are actually elementless and statusless, the whole Charge Blade does sleep dmg. KO value on ultra elemental axe finisher is crazy high imho. He KO monster for the first time using only this combo finisher in axe mode.

Taking for instance Rathian threshold for stun damage (100), if he does KO it that way, it means that it does 100 stun (KO) damage (or more). But look again. Even though after first KO, accumulated stun damage he have done was decreasing every few seconds, he still manages to KO it for the second time after putting it to sleep (he struggled to do it for the third time though). This means it has to be even more than 100 (not sure what's stun value to Selregios, I took Rathian as example). Let's say ultra elemental axe finisher does 150 KO dmg. Now that's a LOT. I can see how you can status-KO lock monsters with para/sleep Charge Blades. It will be really usefull weapons online - 1-2 KO's and para will be almost guaranteed.

The best part is you can use this weapon in many ways because using Axe isn't the only way to go for max damage, unlike Insect Glaive which is more plain in that regard.

Update.

Found another new Great Sword model which you can get from Guild Quests. It's Ceadeus GS! Also looks like after leveling up those weapons can actually match Cera Cymetry. As you can see this GQ GS has purple, 700 element, +25% affinity, 3 slots and raw only 100 worse than -20 affinity, elementless Cera. Now I can wait peacefully for MH4U release Yes by vort

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://gbforever.net
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 9:49 am

Monster Hunter 4G is getting a New Quest and Party Challenges next week on October 31st.

The new quest will further be devided into 3 "episodes" where upon completion Capcom has stated you will recieve a "Suprise Reward".

The Part Challenge will be a 4 hunter challenge where the players are tasked with completing the mission as quick as possible. This challenge will have set weapons and equipment to choose from.

No further details were given by Capcom.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 24, 2014 10:36 am

Dat video!

There is just some type of poetry in watching the hunt of an experienced hunter. And that ending... brilliant! That beast could definitely one shot a gunner if it took him down to 1hp in one hit (unless that is what the hit does).

Overall, very satisfied with his expert use of the GS. Definitely left me with the urge to do MH4... although still wish it came out for the WiiU.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 26, 2014 12:01 am

12 pages too long! Anyone mentioned extreme state/orb forging/ancient scrolls/new skills/chaos magala weapon abilities/seregios wepon abilities yet????
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:09 am

Looks like there will be paid DLC with charms (3 new types) and A LOT of excavation full armor sets. Thanks to MHVuze data mining for finding this out! It's not deal-breaking because you can still farm best charms and armors in GQ but having the option to buy this stuff is a bit depressing.

Spoiler:

There will be paid DLC packs like Trap Pack, Gunner Pack etc. So there you have it, pay2win.

I also found this cool video with a guy soloing G rank Rare Tigrex in 3 minutes with SnS. He's using GQ SnS, water element, Attack Up Extra, Weakness Exploit, Trap Master (Trapmaster+bombardier), Evasion+1, Sharpness+1.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:51 am

It's a sad day in the MH world... I can only hope and wish that people just avoid the cash shop completely and do insane negative feedback on their site so they never ever try this again... but, unfortunately, when it comes to the masses... they are stupid.

I know... most people are going to say: you don't have to purchase it, and it will not affect you.

Wrong! Think about how you felt when someone came into your room with hacked talismans that had unattainable skills, as well as gear that looked to be way above his expertise. That is right, you felt disgust (at least I did). Rewards are SUPPOSED to be for effort, NOT by cheating either with a hack or money.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 11:06 am

This is disgusting but I'm not surprised at the very least especially with how heavily marketed the west has been. Our western marketplace is ignorant enough to let shit like this slide saying that it won't affect them or it's my game I'll do whatever I want.

The thing these ignorant players fail to understand they may be okay with it or be unaffected by it, but a lot of us are especially long time players will be. We may never get the best sets possible because of a pay wall. If it catches is later games this will put us in a even bigger disadvantage.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:11 pm

No monster dlc packs :C ...
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 1:25 pm

I think they plan to release it some time after game release (maybe even half a year) so people will progress in game naturally with equal chances and then, if they find farming GQ too frustrating, have the opportunity to buy stuff to "speed thing up". I'm certain this will not be the option right off the bat.

Anyway, we have all Glaive and Charge Blade Guild Quests weapon models. I dig 3th and 4th Charge Blade (from left to right). When it comes to Glaive 2nd and 4th for me (from left to right). They look great!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:09 pm

oh noes paid dlc monster hunter is p2w its so dumb now im never playing mh again ;)

Sephastus wrote:
Rewards are SUPPOSED to be for effort, NOT by cheating either with a hack or money.

it's not like you're buying one certain talisman or item.... It's not, "oh hey I need a plate, let me grab one off the e-shop." There are going to be packs that come out, so you buy the DLC, it installs to the game then you go and farm for those talismans/new exa armor just like you would normally, so yeah you're still gonna get that rewarded feeling getting the new shit, just u paid to unlock that DLC. I mean if you can buy a 3ds and mh4u, wouldn't it be worth it to pay to unlock more shit that you still have to work for?

It still hasn't been confirmed officially that Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate will have the same paid dlc that mh4g has (which also hasn't been confirmed by Capcom but by the looks of things its real).

Like Antari said though, you can still farm the best charms and shit.

Honestly, I don't mind the DLC drama, but if in the future they release monster packs like Lucas mentioned, then fuck yeah i'm gonna buy the DLC pack for that. Sooooooo....CHILL people, its not the end of the world of monster hunter.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 6:54 pm

Sephastus wrote:
Rewards are SUPPOSED to be for effort

Lol are we playing the same RNGesus controlled game?
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 10:30 pm

who's hype to spend money
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 3:23 am

Sephastus wrote:

I know... most people are going to say: you don't have to purchase it, and it will not affect you.

Wrong! Think about how you felt when someone came into your room with hacked talismans that had unattainable skills, as well as gear that looked to be way above his expertise. That is right, you felt disgust (at least I did). Rewards are SUPPOSED to be for effort, NOT by cheating either with a hack or money.
We have two different viewpoints.
Except for when the hacker straight up lies and says he's not cheating.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 9:56 am

I think it's funny.. People always go nut's over something in the Japanese version "OMG paid DLC", "F*** I'm not getting the game"... But they don't even consider the fact.. IT"S JAPAN!!! There is not information recarding the western version or any indication that it will remain once released here. Just as the paid online was removed from Tri, they will have to take out the coding for 4's data transfer to 4g and other information before releasing 4U's version in the west.

Also.. there is still NOTHING OFFICIAL... Which means everyone is acting like fools before it's even been 100% announced/confirmed. (again for Japanies players not western players)

And let me point out that while Vuzes may say the data requiers "eshop" codes to aquier he assumes this means they are "PAID". Not all dlc from the eshop is at a cost, for example much of the dlc in the SMT games and several others are free to download but requier you to conect to the eshop to aquire. Much of the time this is more for tracking purposes than anything else. Hyrule warriors also requiers you to conect to the eshop for much of the additional free dlc.

4g =/= 4u there will be some differences. Until the game is actually released in the west there is no reason to even think this will be a feature in the western version.. and even if it is I see very little affect on the overall game.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 12:06 pm

I think MHWF might be right on this. Western audience is not as big as the one in Japan and paid DLC might throw some people off this game, which Capcom obviously don't want to happen. I think they want to advertise the series in the west as much as they can, so they'll probably cut it off the game entirely and leave normal DLC quests + story chapters (which are free to download btw).

They obviously can't leave it as free option, especially GQ full armors and charms, because otherwise what's the point of farming them if you can download it for free at the beginning? It looks like paid option for purists, who can't stand "clown sets", so they have opportunity to buy all parts. It's just speculating with data mining info we gather in the past days. There's clearly something in the air, the question is whether they decide to charge for it or not.

As long as there's no option to buy GQ weapons, I'm super exited for this game, especially GQ Great Swords. Can't wait to farm for months and get those 360 attack ones. Some examples below :D I wonder if you can go up to 2000 raw with Attack up Extra. Imagine Adrenaline sets!

Spoiler:

Here's another interesting video. Guy is using Seregios GS, which has the abillity to sharpen with certain numer of rolls/evade (I believe 4-5). He doesn't have to sharpen his sword even once in this video!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 12:43 pm

Efenbaum too godly though!
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 12:54 pm

There are quite a few weapons/armors that seem to be.. well quite good in MH4u.. the Question is, are there monsters that are still challenging when you have a group of 4 hunters using these weapons?

Honestly.. I believe there are.

Don't get me wrong I think if you've played MH for years and know how to equip skills, armor, and weapons you shouldn't have a lot of difficulty but I also think there should still be a challenge regardless of how good you are or group size, skill and weapon/armor/skills.

So far several of the larger endgame monsters and video's shown for them seem to offer that. Even older monsters that have been 'revamped' seem to offer more of a challemge now from what's been shown.

One thing I am very interested in seeing though and finding out for myself if any of these "Goddly weapon/armor" sets can really hold their own in endgame G rank or if you really do need a team for the Monsters.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 1:02 pm

Efenbaum still god !
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 1:54 pm

At this point I believe some here are just trying to delude themselves into thinking "It can't happen to me."

Yes it can, and in time it will. And it is best to think ahead on how to react to it, instead of closing your eyes and pretending your precious game is going to remain the same forever. Doing nothing about something is still making a decision about it, and it is us who will suffer.

Making a full game, and releasing it all under one price, is very different from making the full game, and partially releasing it, then charging for the "extra" content that was supposed to be delivered along with it.

I tire of this conversation though, time will tell who is right.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:02 pm

Sephastus wrote:
At this point I believe some here are just trying to delude themselves into thinking "It can't happen to me."

Yes it can, and in time it will. And it is best to think ahead on how to react to it, instead of closing your eyes and pretending your precious game is going to remain the same forever. Doing nothing about something is still making a decision about it, and it is us who will suffer.

Making a full game, and releasing it all under one price, is very different from making the full game, and partially releasing it, then charging for the "extra" content that was supposed to be delivered along with it.

I tire of this conversation though, time will tell who is right.

You really want to find something to be upset and angry about don't you? 1. Regardless of admiting it to yourself or not, capcom does not view the japanese market and the western market the same. 2. MH4G and 4U are different. 4G has to account for the transfer data from 4 and also has to account for players in THAT REGION starting from scratch and NEEDING to be on level footing with other JAPANESE players... This is something that will not be needed in the west since everyone here will be starting with 4U. 3. The content in 4U as far as weapon and armor will not be the same.. it never has been. Capcom has also shown before that it has no problem removing paid service from one region to another. 4. there were a lot.. I mean a lot of speculations about both tri and 3U from the japanese version that people became enraged about.. quite a bit of those turned out to be different once actually recieving the western relese. Tri ended up becoming one of the best MH games released to a home console in fact and 3U recieved several updates just to fit the western audiance more eficinatly. heck originally everyone thought that online in 3U would be region locked you wouldn't have access to half the game and a lot more things that turned out to be false..

Sephastus, in fact it has nothing to do with "deluding" ourselves.. Just the opposite. It's staying level headed, not over reacting to things you don't actually know and not being negative when it's not warented.

You can't say something will happen when you don't know. Is it possible.. sure, but it's also possible it won't esspecially when the only ones who claim it's going to happen have nothing to do with the company and are among a very.. very small minority and aren't even in the country where the game is released.. And it has nothing to do with us at this time and may never affect us.
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 31, 2014 4:53 pm

Very well. I will be taking a wait and see approach.

I have been burned one too many time with other games, and being that the MH series has become my favorite, it is torturous to think you are seeing it go down a bad route.

Passions can run high when deep emotions are involved.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 4:16 am

So the first DLC side story quest went live on MH4G! Who's hype?!?!
Back to top Go down
Antari18
Seltas Queen
Antari18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 7:47 am

First 4p Charge Blade speedrun I saw. That insane power! I can see this being new thing in MH4U when it comes to speedruns.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 2:30 pm

Nice sync'ing! Everyone was able to get their hit of before Kirin was sent flying.
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2014 4:28 pm

cool im in a video

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lets learn a little about MH4U   Lets learn a little about MH4U - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lets learn a little about MH4U
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next