Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix

Go down 
+39
WyvernGS
Un-Tan
Chips
XenonFrost
Applejho
evahnulahm
TheLaw
A Drunk Ninja
Ken Kurobasa
Phenica
Ataraxia
BoredForLife
Kurtz
th8827
X Kitsune X
Jojozityjo
dcj91x
Lucas
Crystalis
MHWF
Antari18
TKMT
Raptor98
E&Troy
Firpi
Verity19
Azurei
Samochan
PAiN---
kama
Lagiacrus the ultimate
InstaCakes
Roon
Phazon Xenomorph
Sephastus
yvz
Quentin
Gian
MetaMarx
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next
AuthorMessage
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 13, 2015 4:49 am

First topic message reminder :

Generic thread that appers in every subforum! Hooray!

Tell us about what you did in the game even if it's boring and doesn't make for an interesting post!

Did something shitty happen? There's another thread for that ya dingus!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
E&Troy
Seltas Queen
E&Troy

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Sephastus wrote:
My (much younger) cousin is 14 as well, and she just loves watching the game, but in her words "I get too scared and excited to be able to play!". And that is indeed the case. Back in tri, on the first encounter with the Lagiacruz she would turn away and scream at all it's attacks. Very emotional, but makes for a very poor hunter, lol. She still enjoys watching the game, but it's intensity is just too much. :-D.

Haha, that's kind of funny. Of course, sometimes when I play and the fight is getting intense, my finer will keep slipping off of the thumb pad (Due to sweat building up and making it slippery.).

Sephastus wrote:
Journal: Decided that I should probably do my rank up quests to go from G1-G2. Hitting a wall in upgrading my gear, while maintaining the skills I need. Considering getting my Magala Guild Quests to G rank and seeing what gear comes out of that.

If you have a Handicraft +4 talisman, that set is a pretty good set. Unless you don't want the Handicraft skill of course.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 3:52 pm

actually had a fruitful day, actually got all the gems but 1, took all dang day, but i did it. And sadly that's all that happened, i pressed hard and did nothing but fight the things i need, rapidly, over and over, now im down to just 1 left!
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 4:02 pm

Congrats Jojo!
What you got left?
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code: 0533-4039-4608
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 6:33 pm

G Rank Zinogre is so hard... Maybe it is because every armor that I own is horribly weak to lightning.

So, I'm trying to make a Garuga set, because it is one of the few sets that has lightning resistance instead of weakness and has decent skills, but he hits very hard, too...
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 7:27 pm

Decided to look for a Raging Brachy group - found a decent one pretty quick. Unfortunately, my luck-of-the-Gods has gone AWOL - in spite of a few good runs.

Also did Chameleos a couple times, this time through Guild Quests - and surprise, surprise, out of a Champion's Weapon, I get a Relic version of Hellstrings with Denden Kaiko's note combination (Purple-Red-Orange, which gives AuL, Melody Duration Up and Knockback Resistance), 1300 attack, 10% affinity, white and blue sharpness for days, and even +20 defense and 300 Paralysis! And it's AN ELECTRIC GUITAR! (unfortunately, polishing improves the weapon's Defense by 5, and it hardly benefits from Sharpness+1...)
And a Hammer with similar attributes, too - 1404 attack, identical Sharpness to the above HH, same defense and affinity bonuses. No attribute, but then again, it's a Hammer.

Made the Silver Ichimonji - it's not the Rimeblade, but it's an ice LS that deals good damage, can crit, and has enough slots to fit in Elemental Crit on my Kushala set.
Also debating on whether to make the Centenarian Dagger. It's not that good in general, but I need a strong raw LS, and there's the whole nostalgia factor from being rewarded it in MHFU after repelling that Shen Gaoren.
I still need a Dragon-element LS, too, so I'm rebuilding another Zinogre LS, this time down the Stygian path...aaand I need 6 Dragonbone Artifacts!?

Slowly getting the hang of Evasion+, although I still have the habit of leaving it too late to actually dodge properly. Also figuring out how to sidestep attacks effectively and get back in position with LS - dodge to the side, attack, dodge back, keep attacking. Or fade, then Spirit right back in, which is also an excellent way of cycling a Spirit combo and keeping up DPS on a monster without losing my position.

Also working on upgrading the Gore Magala Dual Blades - simply because A) they're Dragon-element duals and I need Dragon DBs; and B) I can lterally shred monsters apart WITH MY HANDS! That is just too cool to pass up. (Magala weapons are, in general)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
A Drunk Ninja
Rhenoplos
A Drunk Ninja

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code: 4313-3105-0571

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:30 pm

Instacakes, evasion skills take some getting used to the timing but will be happy you did. I started using evasion is 3U and it completely changed the way I played. When I finally got the hang of it I felt invincible.

Today I did the 6star guild quest Advanced: dragon attack. The first time I found myself unprepared. I didn't have any max potions, only 1 farcaster, and no smoke bombs. I fought for about 25 minutes before I was out of healing items and had carted twice. I was low on health so I abandoned to keep my items and prepare better next time.
The second time I took combines for farcasters, traps, and had a full supply of healing items and smoke bombs. I started with a smoke bomb and went to town on zinogre (Useful fact: when either zinogre does it's leap and lands on it's back that gives enough time for a lvl. 3 GS charge). I was making good progress but I farcasted back to camp and the smoke bomb re-entering the arena and I came out in front of the tigrex and had to fight them both for a bit. It was only about 5minutes before sin was dead and I turned my sights on tigrex. Without his buddy running interference he didn't stand a chance and was dead in about 8 minutes. I carted once because of the combo/stun lock you get into but I think that's forgive able when you solo the match.
It was difficult but a ton of fun as well. I wish the gate would work for this match though.

Now I need to farm Stygian zinogre, b. Gravios , and a. Rathalos for some decent bow armor.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 9:31 pm

Looks like i can make an evasion +2 honed blade speed sharpening set.

Hell yeah. I couldn't ever do that on MH3U cause i never got the charm for it.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 10:34 pm

Yeessssss

After grinding so much dumb expeditions, finally got what I sought after: Teostra 120lv guild quest with hammer/hh wep specs. With freedom series B arms on it as well.

Tomorrow gonna grind this baby to 140 and inc relic hammers. :>
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:04 am

TKMT wrote:
th8827 wrote:
Are you guys capping the Brachy? I'm asking because I read that capping cancels out break rewards. You will get plenty of Pounders if you break his hands, then kill him.
Ludicrous.
Just another superstition brought by crazy people.
Otherwise I wouldn't have six cap/break reward slots filled when I break Rathalos' face, back, and wings, then captured.
Hmm... I just did the Frenzied Diamyo Hermitaur and Plum Daimyo Hermitaur quest. I killed the Plum Daimyo Hermitaur and captured the regular one. I broke both his claws and his shell twice. I only got 2 Daimyo Hermitaur items in the capture/break section. Everything else was Plum-exclusive.

If you get 2 items min from capturing, where did the break rewards go? If they are the break rewards, where did the capture rewards go?

EDIT: I just did the Frenzied Kecha Wacha and Ash Kecha Wacha quest. The Ash Kecha Wacha was Small Crown sized, and the regular one was Gold Crown large. It was so funny seeing them next to each other.
Back to top Go down
MetaMarx
Rajang
MetaMarx

Thank you Points : 16

3DS friends code: 4382-2261-9491

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 4:09 am

Finally stopped feeling like garbage, so I got to play a little. Got into G-Rank and did some of the Caravan G-Rank missions. Made the Ukanlos LBG even though it's garbage. I just wanted something to rapid fire ice that wasn't a Daora weapon. I already have most of the Daora weapons and want variety.
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:13 am

MetaMarx wrote:
Finally stopped feeling like garbage, so I got to play a little. Got into G-Rank and did some of the Caravan G-Rank missions. Made the Ukanlos LBG even though it's garbage. I just wanted something to rapid fire ice that wasn't a Daora weapon. I already have most of the Daora weapons and want variety.

Caravan G-Rank? What missions are considered GRank? They give grank items too?
Back to top Go down
Sephastus
Tigrex
Sephastus

Thank you Points : 32

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 10:29 am

I believe it is those that open up once you get to G rank. Like the blue Ketcha, desert Seltas, and such. When I did them, the mining spots gave Eltalite (G exclusive material)... so I guess they are "solo" G rank.
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 2:31 pm

Firpi wrote:
MetaMarx wrote:

Caravan G-Rank? What missions are considered GRank? They give grank items too?

Yes, they do! So far i unlocked g rank sergerios, desert selta, ash ketcha, White monoblos, monoblos, Zamtrios.

Their HP is lower than the guild and so the fight is that much Shorter as well.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 4:03 pm

i now have everything upgraded fully finally and im in grank! :D
dalamadur was a pain in the butt DX
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 pm

I finally beat the High rank Furious Rajang. He was pretty hard to solo.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 pm

Got three Daora Gems from one quest so uh... straight baller.
Back to top Go down
Samochan
Seltas Queen
Samochan

Thank you Points : 37

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 9:47 pm

Ugh teostra is proving to be a challenge, at least to the randoms. Most of the time they just failed at stuff and shamequit and atm we're up 135 teostra. But yea, gunners have a hard time dodging a super fast ball of doom spawning, even with evade extender and then it's a plain ohko. Then teostra just likes to do super aggressive combos sometimes you just can't get out of, he wants your blood. Such a charge into an implosion or wallhump trap explosions. So ye, we also die a fair amount but as such we can't afford doublecarts from randoms too because they neglected to bring a max potion/nutrients or use any of he EZ ones. Or carts from randoms who ignored the timed ping of his implosion going off in few seconds and went in for superpound instead. Or randoms who simply just afk at camp and make me abandon quest. *sigh*

I'd give load fo zenny to get someone with a para wep or glaive or heck, both. Dps wise my bud with hbg and myself with my honed blade set relic ls are just extremely strong for this and would make it hard to switch without losing like 5minutes, all that extra time for teo to nuke people. And as it goes, nuke the monsters before they nuke you is a good philosophy to have. With red bar one spirit combo actually flinches him when I connect, which is nice.

Other than that, it's a good guild quest. You can just jump in at his back for instamount as group even if one didn't have a glaive at hand, bomb his arse and proceed to demolish him on a smallish area where he just can't run around too much and vine wall helps mount if needed. Then when he switches area, it's only one path away and next area is treasure if there is some. Yet to get a great hammer tho, I guess I need to grind it to proper level before I can get yummy weps. Edgemaster hammer would be so nice on my honed, razor, hge and eva+1 set too.
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 31, 2015 11:46 pm

Got Sharpener +8 gem with three slots, was able to give Nargacuga armor Evade +3. Good day.
Back to top Go down
th8827
Cephalos
th8827

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 1:01 am

I tried doing the hard versions of the HR Elder Dragons solo... Kushala Daora just refused to stand in front of ledge for the first half of the battle, and when I mounted him twice near the end, he instantly went into rage mode afterwards, bringing back his wind cloak. Obviously, I did not have the chance to repel him, because I just could not output enough damage.

EDIT: This G Rank Nerscylla is having a very bad day. First, it failed its web swing and landed on its back. Then, as it stood up, I knocked it over and mounted it, cracking its crystal in the process. While it was down, I hit it enough to shattered his back crystal. Then, as it attempted to speed across the room on its web to attack me, I hit it in the face, stunning it and knocking it down again.
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 3:55 am

FINALLY got a Zinogre Skymerald after about 20+ Zinogre hunts/captures.(my brother got freaking 9 of them, the lucky bastard)
Fully upgraded my Kushala sns and now I feel great.

Also did the Seregios, B. Diablos, and Rajang advanced quest. Rajang scared me when it went frenzied.
Then took down the Rajang solo quest from the Funky Felyne.

Overall good time.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:27 am

Did a few more hunts with Kairak and Tomderdepp. I've got most of the Dragonbone Artifacts for my Stygian Zinogre LS, and next I'll work on status Longswords (and possibly Rath Soul Z or even Gogma armor). Also helped Kairak upgrade the Wyvern Blade series.

Also making Argosy sets for my Palicos so they can look badass AND take a hit from G-Rank monsters. I have the suits, need a few more G-Rank Zamtrios (which I can use for more chances at DB Artifacts!) to get the full set on my Ace at least.

Getting the hang of Relic Hellstrings - funny, an AuL HH with mediocre attack. Still, it's got amazing sharpness and it's Paralysis, so it makes a good offensive support weapon. I've been thinking of making the Chaos Gore Magala HH, but it requires, yes, Dragonbone Artifacts. 3 of them, but still...
Not sure what path to take with my Weathered Hunting Horn - I'm probably gonna take the Music Box path, just out of curiosity of what it sounds like. It also seems to benefit greatly from Sharp+1, especially once further upgraded. It also has great Dragon element, and for me the sound of it is pretty important too - I suspect that if it doesn't sound of vinyl discs jammin', it'll be dubstep or something along those lines.

Didn't realize I'm ranked as a Khezu now.
Wait, why is a Seltas ranked above Khezu? MHWF, pls.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Crystalis
Najarala
Crystalis

Thank you Points : 26

3DS friends code: 3909-8402-8213

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 10:05 am

Got a shitload done last night, up to my Seregios G2 urgent on my bow profile. ^-^

Also got a bunch of Canteen quests done that I probably should have completed much earlier.

And lol Instacakes. MHWF why, that thing dies in like 45 seconds.
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 2:36 pm

well ive gotten everything i can get really in high rank, now im in grank, but cant get any further really cause im trying to hold back
met an awesome random though, they were quite friendly, helpful, fun loving, outgoing, made friends with them quite quickly ^^
Back to top Go down
Firpi
Seltas Queen
Firpi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 5:30 pm

MY GOD!!.

Partbreaker skill!! Where have you been my entire hunting career! I cant believe ive never bothered to use it till now. I am chopping off tails and breaking horns with out even trying!!
Back to top Go down
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Rathalos
Lagiacrus the ultimate

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2015 6:23 pm

Got two Akantor gems, forged bow, now have gem I have no use for. Still farming elder dragons for bones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix   Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hunting Journal: MH4 Ultimate Remix
Page 18 of 37Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next