Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)

Go down 
+50
blackice
Hashbrowns
jetavian
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Nephthys
AzureRaven
Tyrian
Deridor
tempacc
Shadowsns
oeon
Big Boss
Frohze
Snagglux
Gattai
ThatMysteriousNinja
1bighiccup
Locrin
Armoured Barioth
Tarath
Lucas
Ataraxia
kriss1989
haruno
St. Huck
sipax
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Yamatsu
Roon
Thor
AnimeAlex
Wishmaster
ghostwind101
X Kitsune X
Polar_Ukanlos
buggin
Jezzfezz
Kanade
AveZak
Phazon Xenomorph
Tigrex Blade
Shiera
Gian
blackheart
RG
Jojozityjo
nasalsniper312
Eddy
Chipou
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well since people like yelling at me when i post stupid questions in the Tri's SQH about Unite, i decided to make one here...since i figure people are more likly able t o answer anyways.

ok ill start out. how do i get top grade red horns from monobloses? and whats its rate?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
RG
Cephalos
RG

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 8:14 pm

Is there a way to increase the chance getting food skills like the fresh system in tri?
Back to top Go down
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

Thank you Points : 73

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 10:48 pm

RG wrote:
Is there a way to increase the chance getting food skills like the fresh system in tri?
each cat has a food specialty rated in stars, and a few diferent food skills. If a certain cat has a high specialty of a food and has a specific skill that you want eat that kind of food. This 'll increase tyour chances of getting one of that cats skills. thats about it though
Back to top Go down
RG
Cephalos
RG

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:02 pm

nasalsniper312 wrote:
RG wrote:
each cat has a food specialty rated in stars, and a few diferent food skills. If a certain cat has a high specialty of a food and has a specific skill that you want eat that kind of food. This 'll increase tyour chances of getting one of that cats skills. thats about it though
Thanks hopefuly this will help me get heroics for shen.
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2011 11:59 pm

is it possible to actually kill ash lao shen lung? im using ceantaur....whatever the sharp +1 is with narga gs

so i have AUL, sharp +1, speed grinder....yet it still doesnt die
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:24 am

Chipou wrote:
is it possible to actually kill ash lao shen lung? im using ceantaur....whatever the sharp +1 is with narga gs

so i have AUL, sharp +1, speed grinder....yet it still doesnt die

Yes. His weak spot is his belly, try using a Hammer with the Diablos set which gives sharp +1 and wind res (lao is wind from his feet, not tremors oddly enough)
Back to top Go down
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:50 am

his...belly? that explains alot, ive been charging his head for 30% repels
Back to top Go down
AveZak
Cephalos
AveZak

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Stupid Noob Question:

I've played Tri extensively, and I understand break mechanics, however in MHFU I just can't break the Yian Kut-Ku's ears. I've tried LS, Hammer, Bow and DS to no avail.

I think the problem I'm having is that I'm overpowering him, because I get the kill in around 3 - 4 minutes, but I'm focusing all of my attacks on the head.

Does anyone have any tips?
Back to top Go down
RG
Cephalos
RG

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 7:01 pm

AveZak wrote:
Stupid Noob Question:

I've played Tri extensively, and I understand break mechanics, however in MHFU I just can't break the Yian Kut-Ku's ears. I've tried LS, Hammer, Bow and DS to no avail.

I think the problem I'm having is that I'm overpowering him, because I get the kill in around 3 - 4 minutes, but I'm focusing all of my attacks on the head.

Does anyone have any tips?
I find it quite easy with the ice bow just aim for the head. Use traps/flash/sonics to keep him still if needed.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:41 pm

hey guys um i got another question (and plz som1 answer it 😢 ) does high wind res work with kushala daora's wind?
Back to top Go down
nasalsniper312
Tigrex
nasalsniper312

Thank you Points : 73

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:45 pm

Eddy wrote:
hey guys um i got another question (and plz som1 answer it 😢 ) does high wind res work with kushala daora's wind?
If I remember correctly hi wind res is +15 right? if so you need +20(its like dragon wind resistance or something) Just check the wiki to be sure.
Edit: I just checked, its confirmed
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:48 pm

nasalsniper312 wrote:
Eddy wrote:
If I remember correctly hi wind res is +15 right? if so you need +20(its like dragon wind resistance or something) Just check the wiki to be sure.
Edit: I just checked, its confirmed

Thanks man, ill gem it in on blos then :D
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 8:52 pm

Oh also, is there a way to gem in sharp+1 on a 9 slotted armor?

edit: no slot on weapon
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:25 pm

^ sure can if 6/9 slots are OOO :D
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:29 pm

Kanade wrote:
^ sure can if 6/9 slots are OOO :D

-____-, lol k, ill take that as a no Sad by vort

edit: r u mixing up tri and unite? cuz unite's way of getting sharp+1 is artisan+10 and tri's is handicraft+15....

edit 2: Im confused now :|
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 11:52 pm

no im not... with 9 slots if two of pieces have OOO pieces u can put two +4 artisan jewels for +8 then 2 more +1 artisan jewels to get sharpness+1.

if u have 1 piece OOO u can do it with 6 +1 artisan jewels and 1 +4 jewel if u have no OOO pieces its impossible without a weapon slot
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 12:13 am

aw dam, thanks though
Back to top Go down
Jezzfezz
Kelbi
Jezzfezz

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 8:07 pm

RG wrote:
I'm on my 6* village urgent Shen Gaoren i'm using cenataur armor with blue blade bow. I broke the shell atleast twice but, at around 10 min left he destroyes the fort. So my question is how can I make the fort last longer?

Concentrate on one leg at a time.

When he walks towards the fort, get a large barrel bomb+ out (or two) and detonate it when he is readying his attack, that should flinch him out of the attack and the fort won't take damage.

If you really struggle with that, then bring combo books and extra nitroshrooms (Power coating), barrels and scatterfish, so you have around 75+ Shots of power and 12 Large Barrel Bomb + (2 in supply box) and 3 extra large barrel bombs.

Also while I was bowgunning him for the kill, just before he died, he shook about and his legs were back to normal (i.e. not red) - is this normal?

Also my question is about the Double Rajang Quest at the end of Elder Quests, when should I do the quest? I see the quest fee being so much higher than the other quests and I think it must be high rank - am I right? or can you kill them with low rank armour and weapons?
Back to top Go down
buggin
Jaggi
buggin

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2011 8:17 pm

Jezzfezz wrote:

Also while I was bowgunning him for the kill, just before he died, he shook about and his legs were back to normal (i.e. not red) - is this normal?

Yes. After you do enough damage to the legs, it will drop to the ground for a long time and the legs will go back to blue.
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:51 pm

is it me or is ukanlos armor almost specially for ankantor weps and vice versa?
Back to top Go down
Polar_Ukanlos
Popo
Polar_Ukanlos

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 5:13 am

Eddy wrote:
is it me or is ukanlos armor almost specially for ankantor weps and vice versa?
Yeah, but, Never use Akantor armour and Ukanlos weapons because of the crappy affinity.
Back to top Go down
X Kitsune X
Bnahabra
X Kitsune X

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 2:17 pm

Here's one; Should I farm nargacuga and make the hidden bow from scratch, or should I farm some black blos and upgrade it from the tiggy bow?
Back to top Go down
Jojozityjo
Fatalis
Jojozityjo

Thank you Points : 160

3DS friends code: 3754-8725-9197
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 24, 2011 4:00 pm

ill answer that question with a question of my own ... which is easier and faster for you to kill? Narga or black blos? lol
Back to top Go down
Eddy
Seltas Queen
Eddy

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 5:25 pm

which armor should i make for natural purple sharpness weapon? Also, Wat's the best way to get dragonwood+
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:06 pm

Eddy wrote:
which armor should i make for natural purple sharpness weapon? Also, Wat's the best way to get dragonwood+

If you have a weapon with a natural purple sharpness, aim for something with Sharp Sword, Reckless Abandon (art of unsheathing if it's a Greatsword), or even Attack Up (Large preferred)

What weapon is it?

Dragonwood Plus? I think I used the cat at the farm to go find it, forget which though...I'll find a resource for ya...
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2011 6:09 pm

Here we go, this tells ya what Trenya finds and where. But for that,

1000 or 1500 points to either Forest and Hills or Great Forest will net ya that..

Also...1k posts!

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)
Page 2 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next