Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)

Go down 
+50
blackice
Hashbrowns
jetavian
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Nephthys
AzureRaven
Tyrian
Deridor
tempacc
Shadowsns
oeon
Big Boss
Frohze
Snagglux
Gattai
ThatMysteriousNinja
1bighiccup
Locrin
Armoured Barioth
Tarath
Lucas
Ataraxia
kriss1989
haruno
St. Huck
sipax
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Yamatsu
Roon
Thor
AnimeAlex
Wishmaster
ghostwind101
X Kitsune X
Polar_Ukanlos
buggin
Jezzfezz
Kanade
AveZak
Phazon Xenomorph
Tigrex Blade
Shiera
Gian
blackheart
RG
Jojozityjo
nasalsniper312
Eddy
Chipou
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well since people like yelling at me when i post stupid questions in the Tri's SQH about Unite, i decided to make one here...since i figure people are more likly able t o answer anyways.

ok ill start out. how do i get top grade red horns from monobloses? and whats its rate?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:04 pm

I think the Gaoren shouldn't be big of a problem with that weapon.

as for Akantor: lances are quite good against him for he doesn't move much. just stay under his belly block the screams and don't get in front of him. with that strategy even I did him with a lance once, even thoug I usually don't really get along with them.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 7:14 pm

Alright, thanks. And which gunlance would be good, because the only dragon element lance I have is the lao shan one.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 4:43 am

for the Akantor i would recomment a thunder element lance. cause especially in rage mode he takes quite a lot thunder damage on the stomach and the tail (which you will also hit from beneath there). dragon element only really matters when you attack the head.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 2:59 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
for the Akantor i would recomment a thunder element lance. cause especially in rage mode he takes quite a lot thunder damage on the stomach and the tail (which you will also hit from beneath there). dragon element only really matters when you attack the head.

Akantor is weaker to dragon though if I remember correctly, in addition hammers are particularly good due to the fact that he leaves a LOT of openings to easily get many hits on his head which can KO him and let you get even more hits. Greatsword and Longsword are also rather good for him.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 3:35 pm

Nova wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:

Akantor is weaker to dragon though if I remember correctly, in addition hammers are particularly good due to the fact that he leaves a LOT of openings to easily get many hits on his head which can KO him and let you get even more hits. Greatsword and Longsword are also rather good for him.

if you keep attacking the stomach thunder is better.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
Nova wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:

if you keep attacking the stomach thunder is better.

Hmm, like I said it's been awhile since I've viewed the weaknesses chart and info. My personal experience though, unless you NEED the tail, just take a really powerful raw hammer or a dragon element hammer to Akantor and just wail on the head, gives quick as hell kills.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Thank you all very much for the advice! I recently just did the guild Akantar urgent and beat it with ease, thank you so much for the advice, I'll try and tackle g-rank solo for now, see what it's like.

Also, kirin lance against Akantar is amazing, killed the Nehkot Akantar in less than 20 minutes, and the guild one in less than 25 with one death.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2012 11:32 pm

PwHOw me get union ore at 7 satr village? Me needy bad for me hamma (epic caveman talk)
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 1:21 am

only in high-rank quests (hr 4-6) and mining spot+3 at the farm

so not 7-star village...
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Portable 3rd/Import

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:19 am

Deridor wrote:
Just watch out for her triple fireball, it has a nasty habit of hitting you if you are just a tiny bit too close on one side (i usually stay on her right side, where her first sideways fireball hits.

That's interesting. I personally like to stay on her left side and go for the left leg as her backflip has a tendency to drift towards the right. Then when she falls I go for the head, then rinse and repeat until her head is broken. From then on I just keep attacking the leg when shes down to try and get a head start for her next trip. I don't know why but I seem to get backflipped more now when I go for the head/right leg at G rank, and its damn near fatal now every time she hits with it.
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 10:23 am

Deridor wrote:

so not 7-star village...

I believe 7 star village is actually Nekoht's (felyne elder) first set of quests, which is the equivalent to the High Rank quests. So you'll be able to get the Union Ore from some of the mining spots in those quests.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 9:29 pm

DannyLee94 wrote:
Deridor wrote:

so not 7-star village...

I believe 7 star village is actually Nekoht's (felyne elder) first set of quests, which is the equivalent to the High Rank quests. So you'll be able to get the Union Ore from some of the mining spots in those quests.
yah i thought nekoht's quests wer da same as high rank... i was kinda wondering WHERE to get it not wen lol
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 2:32 am

DannyLee94 wrote:
Deridor wrote:

so not 7-star village...

ok :P haven't played mhfu in a while now. qokfnwoinoivbirboiwrbveofbneofbeoirbv.
Back to top Go down
DannyLee94
Felyne
DannyLee94

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:43 am

blackice wrote:
DannyLee94 wrote:
Deridor wrote:

so not 7-star village...

yah i thought nekoht's quests wer da same as high rank... i was kinda wondering WHERE to get it not wen lol

Personally, I can't say I've found a use for union ore and have just been stockpiling it in case I need something upgraded (although IIRC the raw/defence hammers and horns use alot of standard ores in their upgrades) but yes the union ore is definitely a high rank only ore. For anything that needs mining I'd always go to the volcano first unless its something specific like Ice Crystals. I'd say union ore would be more common in the lower, cooler areas of the volcano as the red, hot areas seem to focus on things like firestone, firecell stone and perhaps carbalite.

Quote :
ok :P haven't played mhfu in a while now. qokfnwoinoivbirboiwrbveofbneofbeoirbv.

No probs we all make mistakes... and apparently bash our head against the keyboard a few times. /yes/
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:54 am

the wiki says "Mining point +3 in Pokke Farm, it can also be found in area 4 and 6 of the High-Rank Volcano. "
But I'm not sure if you can get to the volcano yet. so maybe you will have to finish the nex urgend quest to get them.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 pm

Tomderdepp wrote:
the wiki says "Mining point +3 in Pokke Farm, it can also be found in area 4 and 6 of the High-Rank Volcano. "
But I'm not sure if you can get to the volcano yet. so maybe you will have to finish the nex urgend quest to get them.
alright thanks... ive had mining point 3 for awhile now and havent gotten any. i useually take about 20 hours per quest level cause i do alot of training and farming and such but i could probly get to 8 start in like 45 mins so ill do that. thanks for the help :D
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 5:08 am

blackice wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:
alright thanks... ive had mining point 3 for awhile now and havent gotten any. i useually take about 20 hours per quest level cause i do alot of training and farming and such but i could probly get to 8 start in like 45 mins so ill do that. thanks for the help :D

When you get to 8 stars you will also be able to unlock mining point +4.... I got some union ore from there , also use the bomb-mining update , once u get to mining point +4 , use some Large Barrel bombs (+ or normal) and u might get some from there as well....
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 am

BoredForLife wrote:
blackice wrote:
Tomderdepp wrote:

When you get to 8 stars you will also be able to unlock mining point +4.... I got some union ore from there , also use the bomb-mining update , once u get to mining point +4 , use some Large Barrel bombs (+ or normal) and u might get some from there as well....
i was gonna get to 8 star last night but i spent 4 hours getting a armour set from athena's ass with EAU and auto reload and it turned out the set doesnt work and it wasted alot of materials :/ i only managed to get rid of half of them by turning my psp off...
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 11:36 pm

Hey guys, I'm trying to make Plum Daimyo armor set for G-rank and I need a wyvern skull shell and a massive bone, can you tell me where I can get these?
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 1:40 am

Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 2:22 am

Much abliged, thanks. ^^
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 25, 2012 3:50 pm

np lol
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 1:40 am

I have a question, is the Azure Rathalos lance worth making for G-rank? (are Blangonga and other monsters weak to fire easy to fight with a lance?) Because I need 10 Azure Rathalos tails and a ruby. The ruby isn't a problem, its the tails. I've fought 5 straight Azure raths and haven't gotten one. And already for the first upgrade I needed three and that took over 10 Azure rathalos to hunt. Can you get tails from capture or should I avoid the hastle of getting this weapon?
Back to top Go down
Yamatsu
Admin
Yamatsu

Thank you Points : 96

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 2:28 pm

jetavian wrote:
I have a question, is the Azure Rathalos lance worth making for G-rank? (are Blangonga and other monsters weak to fire easy to fight with a lance?) Because I need 10 Azure Rathalos tails and a ruby. The ruby isn't a problem, its the tails. I've fought 5 straight Azure raths and haven't gotten one. And already for the first upgrade I needed three and that took over 10 Azure rathalos to hunt. Can you get tails from capture or should I avoid the hastle of getting this weapon?
I had the same problem, and to be honest, the fully upgraded Azure Los lance is an amazing weapon looking at its stats, probably the best fire lance in MHFU. But it's just not worth the hassle of getting those 10+ tails unless you're really determined to get it.
Wait until you beat Ukanlos and make Spear of Prominence G. Or if you can be bothered to farm for both the Gravios heavenly and Black gravios heavenly needed for it, go for Gravios Fire Lance.
Prominence Soul has more element that Gravios Fire Lance but less raw.
Gravios Fire Lance has more raw, but less element (imo Prominence Soul's the better of the two).
Spear of Prominence G has less raw and element that both of them, though is easier to make (by the time you're HR9 you should have plenty of Rathalos plates, SoP G needs 5 plates).

Hope I helped you out a bit, I still need to make a G rank fire lance myself. :p
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 8:06 pm

To be honest, it only makes it a little more difficult of a choice. The fact that its better and that Rathalos in general is easier to hunt than Gravios makes me lean towards getting it, but the amount of hours I'd have to put in to get it does make me a little nervous about getting it. Not to mention I still can't even fight G-rank Gravios and that I'm nervous to fight the new set of G-rank monsters that I just unlocked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next