Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)

Go down 
+50
blackice
Hashbrowns
jetavian
BoredForLife
Tomderdepp
Nephthys
AzureRaven
Tyrian
Deridor
tempacc
Shadowsns
oeon
Big Boss
Frohze
Snagglux
Gattai
ThatMysteriousNinja
1bighiccup
Locrin
Armoured Barioth
Tarath
Lucas
Ataraxia
kriss1989
haruno
St. Huck
sipax
Lagiacrus the ultimate
Yamatsu
Roon
Thor
AnimeAlex
Wishmaster
ghostwind101
X Kitsune X
Polar_Ukanlos
buggin
Jezzfezz
Kanade
AveZak
Phazon Xenomorph
Tigrex Blade
Shiera
Gian
blackheart
RG
Jojozityjo
nasalsniper312
Eddy
Chipou
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Chipou
Kecha Wacha
Chipou

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 27, 2011 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well since people like yelling at me when i post stupid questions in the Tri's SQH about Unite, i decided to make one here...since i figure people are more likly able t o answer anyways.

ok ill start out. how do i get top grade red horns from monobloses? and whats its rate?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 6:00 pm

Deridor wrote:
You can;t cut a hypno's tail, only break it.

you can't break the tail. it's only break is it's beak. just kill him and hope for the best
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:16 pm

im pretty sure i can beat it with my tri experience... hopefully xD
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
jetavian
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:18 am

I have a question regarding my weapon/armor set choices. I'm trying to get to G-rank solo, as I don't see my friends with FU often enough to advance properly, but I find that my best weapon types are just hated by monsters and are incredibly difficult to use without getting pwned. My main weapons are lance and gunlance (I use them in Freedom Unite, Portable third and Tri, so I do have plenty experience with them and know how to use them) I use a bit of bow and hunting horn, and recently started practicing with sword and shield. In general, which of these weapons should I focus on, what armor sets do I get, and what weapons are recomended for azure and pink rath, as my lances aren't very good against them.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:20 am

for pink and azure take a dragon weapon ant the type you feel the savest with.

for weapon choice: I don't know how often this has to be said in this forum but there is no ideal weapon in monsre hunter.

but to give you an answer:
SnS and HH have their strengh in multyplayer(SnS: good for status effects;HH: I think thats obvious).
I would recomment to stay with lance and gunlance because if it's the weapon you have the most practice and the best feeling with it should be best for you.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 5:30 am

Well, thanks for the advice, but I don't know if lance and gunlance, despite having guard armor sets and having TONS of practice with them, are my best weps. My main problem is probably timing evading for attacks (maybe I just suck at MH, I don't know) but I've used lance and gunlance against every monster, and it just doesn't seem to be enough.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 11:41 am

in that case I would recomment to practice with GS/LS/H cause they have the greatest damage output per hit. so you don't need that much hits to kill a monster and have more time to dodge and run around like a little girl^^ xD
the best way to try that out is doing trainingschool-quests. try to do every monster with every weapon. the one you kill the monsters the fastest and easiest is the one you should use.

Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 2:36 pm

Well, I have tried those three weapons before and have found hammer and great sword really hard, though the long sword was surprisingly easy for me to use (except for dodging). Though the main reason I never used them was because I chose not to take those weapons because of how many people use them. I will give that idea a shot though, if it means advancing to g-rank, I'll be willing to use new weapon classes.

Does that include the advanced training quests or just regular training quests?
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 3:59 pm

I know what you mean. thats the reason I don't use LS (I use GS) I think it doesn't matter which training-quests you do. the main point is that you have fair gear so the difficulty is about the same on every weapon and you don't need to build weapons yourself.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:05 pm

Okay, thanks for the advice. I'll try it out, I'll rant for sure, but I'll definitely do it and see which is the best for me. Thanks!

EDIT: I've done the practice, and lance and gunlance seem like my best weapons, but some monsters do require different appraoches (ex: the pelagus, gravios, etc.) And yet, despite so much experience, maxed out armor (for what I have) and maxed out weps (for what I have) I can't even fight a freaking gold rathian without her pulling out a cheap move and one hit killing me. What am I doing wrong? Am I using a crappy armor set? Is it my weapon choise? I know you'll all say I probably just suck, but I don't know how to improve
I've used almost nothing else but lances in all my MH games, I honeslty don't see how I can get 'better'. Any advice/training on lancing or gunlancing is much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 10:57 pm

Sorry for two posts, but is there any way to hunt pink Rathian solo in high rank? All the quests I found are dual quests with either Azure Rathalos or Rathian.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:37 am

There is an hr6 quest to fight a pink rathian solo... idk if it has any special requirements to show up (the wiki doesn't say, though I'm sure it doesn't)
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 2:56 am

which armor do you use?
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:33 am

Against the rathian I use high rank Ceanataur with Attack up medium, sharpness +1 and quick sharpen. I may have found an answer to my problem in the form of a great sword. My only concern is the dual Azure Rathalos and Pink Rathian quest. Any idea on how to do that quest without getting pwned from both sides?
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 12:39 am

Flash bombs are great if you have them in the same area. chances are you'll get at least one stunned and be able to fight the other relatively in peace for a moment.

Otherwise, best to make sure they're both paintballed and wait until one leaves, then go in for the other. This works for just about any dual monster quest, or at least for me.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 1:44 am

its more fun without seperation though....
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:17 am

I don't normally flash bomb, so it is worth a shot, and just so you know, I find hunting two monsters at the same time in freedom unite to be the most frustrating thing ever.

I'm a little busy though, when I do try it, I'll come back if I still have trouble, thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:13 am

it seems like most people think that but i think its one of the best parts...
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:00 am

Maybe it's because of weapon choice. I use lance, so it's a pain in the ass when the monster is coming from two different directions.

Also, does anyone have strategies on how to hunt azure rathalos with great sword, as it's how him I'm having trouble with.
Back to top Go down
Deridor
Yian Kut-Ku
Deridor

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 2:40 am

Well... Using unsheath attacks (running up and attacking...) works well, just hit him in the face when you can (fireball attack, bite attack) and maybe go for his feet to knock him down so you can get at his tail.

One tip though: depending on how he turns, it's easy to tell between a few of his attacks. If he turns fast/choppy, he's going to charge at you. if he turns slowly compared to that, he's either going to do a fireball or a flying charge attack.

I can;t remember how he turns before he bites though, but that attack is slow enough to where you can run in and whack him anyways.

That works for rathian too, the turning speed thing. Just watch out for her triple fireball, it has a nasty habit of hitting you if you are just a tiny bit too close on one side (i usually stay on her right side, where her first sideways fireball hits. this lets me stay back and hit her when she's firing her left one as well as easily tell if she's doing a single fireball).

For both of them, you can probably get a charge attack on them as they are landing. I always charge my hammer when rathian flips or when rathalos is coming down from his air attacks. If you can get it in early enough, a maxed charge might be possible, though risky. i'd say a second level charge would be the safest.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 4:59 am

if you hit them while they are in the air, you have a good chance of flinching them to the ground, which gives you at least for rathalos a chance on a shiny (this can contain a ruby but I'm not sure if this is also true for azure) and some free hits.
also use hit and run strategy: one or maybe two hits and then get out of the way.
Back to top Go down
BoredForLife
Kecha Wacha
BoredForLife

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code: 0490-5393-4041
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Greece

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:41 pm

Ehmmm , hey guys?

I am trying to make some money .... soooooo....which do you think is the most rewarding quest? (I am nekoht quest 7 stars and GR3)
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 5:56 pm

It's not really a matter of which is the most rewarding, but which quest you can do quickly without dying. Personally, I recomend any high rank hunting quest that you can do within 10 minutes. High rank quests give very good pay, and doing alot of them quickly can pile on cash. Plus, you get alot of parts of that monster, in case you need to make his weapons, or sell those for extra cash. Again, it depends on which high rank hunting quest is easy and you can do in a small time period.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:02 pm

i personaly think hammer is the easyest for los and ian. but for gs earplugs is reallyhelpfull so you can get tra lvl 3chrges on its head. after it chrages at you run after it and star charging right under the tip of its tail so when it turns you can get a lvl2 or 3 charge on its head. i guess this
shows you good enough but that los barley ever charged so ehh
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:39 pm

for earning money I mostly do epic-hunting-quests. you can download some for lowrank to the event-quests in the GH (at your HR I liked to do the downlodable quest in the arena with congalala, shogun, rathian). epic hunting quests are also giving better rewards than normal quests and the monsters have much less life.
also very important: go to the farm after every quest. soon you should have so much ores and bugs, you can get pretty much money. theres also a felyne skill, that doubles the money you get from quests but I'm not sure of the exact name.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 11, 2012 6:44 pm

Huzzah! Gold Rathian and the Tropical Rath duo have been defeated! It's just Shen Gaoren and Akanatar left.

Is there a particular weapon you'd recomend for fighting Goren? Or would the same weapon I used to slay him in Nehkhot work as well? (High Rank Lunastra gunlance, maxed out for with high rank equipment). As for Akantar, are lances and gunlances good against him? If so, is Guard +1/2 needed, as well as Guard up?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)   Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stupid Questions Hotlines (united edition)
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next