Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 6 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 6 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Rene
Seltas
Rene

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:26 am

Sagramor wrote:
So I'm currently HR 50, the only thing keeping me from taking Alatreon is the Diablos Quest(hate the guy =/).

But already on Ala topic:

I really have no idea what equipment should I use to fight it:

My current (best weapons) are: Iron Impact, Huracan Hammer(P), Fang Hammer "Ruin" and the Sabertooth(G).

As for armors the only ones I overforged are Lagi and Rathian, and I got the mats to overforge Rathalos too.

Not to mention my Great Jaggi+.

So what choose I pick from my current options? Or there's anything specifc I should try getting for Ala?

Sabertooth (G) is an excellent choice for Alatreon. As long as you don't get hit by his fireball, Lagi armor will do just fine.

If you are US, I'll help you with both your Blos quest and your Ala urgent. I would suggest filling out your character sheet under your profile with this info. If you're US feel free to PM me during the times in my signature.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:34 am

negative resistance to fire and dragon can be very dangerous for a first timer on ala. don't mind those who say "just don't get hit": getting hit is part of the learning process. if you feel like a bit of farming before your urgent try to get agnaktor (+ or overforged) armor. excellent for lancing and great against ala attacks.
Back to top Go down
Lord
Jaggi
Lord

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:47 am

^ What quidam said.

I dunno if you're US or EU... If you're EU then I'd be glad to help you with Diablos. I could try helping you with Ala as well, but we'd need more people for that. If you're US, then Rene will help you :P I'm free this weekend, so slap me a PM if interested ;)
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:50 am

Rene wrote:
Sagramor wrote:
So I'm currently HR 50, the only thing keeping me from taking Alatreon is the Diablos Quest(hate the guy =/).

But already on Ala topic:

I really have no idea what equipment should I use to fight it:

My current (best weapons) are: Iron Impact, Huracan Hammer(P), Fang Hammer "Ruin" and the Sabertooth(G).

As for armors the only ones I overforged are Lagi and Rathian, and I got the mats to overforge Rathalos too.

Not to mention my Great Jaggi+.

So what choose I pick from my current options? Or there's anything specifc I should try getting for Ala?

Sabertooth (G) is an excellent choice for Alatreon. As long as you don't get hit by his fireball, Lagi armor will do just fine.

If you are US, I'll help you with both your Blos quest and your Ala urgent. I would suggest filling out your character sheet under your profile with this info. If you're US feel free to PM me during the times in my signature.

im getting my last tusk+ for my sabertooth and using lagi+ gemmed with guard boost (block that killing fireball) and eva+1

my first run failed cuz i carted twice and a teammate got dced, second time i got guard boost, didnt cart, gunner carted twice, and we failed again.... gonna try again after i get sabertooth.
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:55 am

Quidam is right, Agnaktor armor is a better choice, just don't know if you want to farm very much (Agna Claws are a PIA). Another option especially for your first run would be Peco overforged with Wide range +2 and Evasion. This way you could learn the moves and still help your team with items you use while you learn. My first Ala run was this way and the team I had said it was extremely helpful to know they would be healed if they got hit. We completed the quest the first time and they did 90% of the damage. I did however learn his moves and was able to participate much more on our second run. Just another thought. Yes by vort
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 10:59 am

Rene wrote:
Quidam is right, Agnaktor armor is a better choice, just don't know if you want to farm very much (Agna Claws are a PIA). Another option especially for your first run would be Peco overforged with Wide range +2 and Evasion. This way you could learn the moves and still help your team with items you use while you learn. My first Ala run was this way and the team I had said it was extremely helpful to know they would be healed if they got hit. We completed the quest the first time and they did 90% of the damage. I did however learn his moves and was able to participate much more on our second run. Just another thought. Yes by vort

yeah, i dont want to farm agnak even when its better since im HR50 already, i just wanna kill ala first
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 11:15 am

ROGER wrote:
yeah, i dont want to farm agnak even when its better since im HR50 already, i just wanna kill ala first

Then either go with the pecco set and search for a good team that'll be okay with that, or make OF los, in order to live through fireballs. And go search for forumers, that'll help too.
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Win32error wrote:
ROGER wrote:

Then either go with the pecco set and search for a good team that'll be okay with that, or make OF los, in order to live through fireballs. And go search for forumers, that'll help too.

nah, with guard boost i can block it, which is awesome, and hardly any forumer here plays at the same time as i do..... /versad/
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:17 pm

Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 3:15 pm

ROGER wrote:
Win32error wrote:
ROGER wrote:

nah, with guard boost i can block it, which is awesome, and hardly any forumer here plays at the same time as i do..... /versad/

I can stay up to play with you on the weekends if you want. Can't do it on the weekdays as I have to be up at 5:30 AM to get into work. Just schedule with me ahead of time and I'll hang around. Send me a PM for weekend times if you want to hang.
Back to top Go down
Sagramor
Felyne

Thank you Points : 3

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks everyone for the answers!

Think I'll either OF Rathalos or go for the Peco+ support strategy.

And I'm really looking forward to play with forum people, just not now since I think my skills would look real bad close to you guys ><.

About EU or US, think mine is probably US since I'm brazilian.

Wich really gives me a hard time when playing, I usually play in the morning(here in Brazil) and I find the servers with incredible 70~100 people online. It's terrible to find people to quest with.

One day I tried playing late at night and was amazed to see over 700~online ...
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 3:09 am

Rene wrote:
ROGER wrote:
Win32error wrote:
ROGER wrote:

I can stay up to play with you on the weekends if you want. Can't do it on the weekdays as I have to be up at 5:30 AM to get into work. Just schedule with me ahead of time and I'll hang around. Send me a PM for weekend times if you want to hang.

thanks man, but i wont be on for the whole next week so ill try to get bak to u the week after that

EDIT: DEFEATED ALA
but.... it seems like it has to be your quest for it to qualify as urgent..... so ill have to do it again... 2 devil's crush and two sabertooth (one being me)
Back to top Go down
Latro
Rhenoplos
Latro

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:12 pm

just wondering ive been using the bari lance maxed and i was thinking shall i overforge the los set with critical eye 3 or somit or shall i use some other set.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:18 pm

overforged los is a reasonably good set for damage output but if that's what you like then deviljho is the armor you should aim for.

consider anyway that BECAUSE bari lance have high base affinity adding more affinity is far worse than adding attack so don't aim for los just to get critical eye.
Back to top Go down
Latro
Rhenoplos
Latro

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 5:55 pm

quidam wrote:
overforged los is a reasonably good set for damage output but rif that's what you like then deviljho is the armor you should aim for.

consider anyway that BECAUSE bari lance have high base affinity adding more affinity is far worse than adding attack so don't aim for los just to get critical eye.

thanks for this so your saying that i should just use my jho set cause it dosent matter which i use i both have them already so it wouldnt be a faf if thats what you mean because high los would have atk up possibly large and + having plus 30 affinity it has 85 percent but it dosent matter il just use jho.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:14 pm

What is affinity?? I hav an axe that ays -25% Affinity and i was wondering what it means.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:29 pm

Affinity is your chance of landing a critical hit (when positive affinity) or a weak hit (when negative affinity)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:40 pm

Masterdlsj wrote:
Affinity is your chance of landing a critical hit (when positive affinity) or a weak hit (when negative affinity)
So if you have negative Affinity there is less chance of a critical hit landing?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:49 pm

metalman123 wrote:
Masterdlsj wrote:
So if you have negative Affinity there is less chance of a critical hit landing?

It's pretty simple. If you have 0% affinity, you won't land a critical OR negative critical hit. If you have 10% affinity, then for every hit, there's 10% chance you hit a critical.
-10% affinity gives you 10% at a negative critical.

A positive critical means 25% extra damage, so 10% affinity means an average increase of 0.1x25%=2,5% extra damage. I believe it's the same for negative criticals, but i heard someone say they don't have as much effect. Someone confirm?

Now, there's 2 exceptions to affinity: Critical draw and dragonblight.
Crit draw is an ability that makes ALL your unsheath attacks (unsheath charge with the GS/hammer included) critical hits, regardless of affinity. If you have -50% affinity, you can still get crits off using crit draw.

Dragonblight is caused by Deviljho, Ceadeus and Alatreon, and will give you a high chance of doing a negative critical. I am not sure how big the chance is, i think about 50%, and as far as i know: it cancels out your regular affinity. Even with about 70% affinity, you will still do negative crits when afflicted with dragonblight.

Now a new question: Aside from the blanks i have up there, does anyone know how dragonblight+crit draw works? Does crit draw overrule dragonblight?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 7:53 pm

Thanx i been wondering about that for a while haha!
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Sorry for bothering, but I was wondering what is the strongest singular attack for Lance? I heard heard from some friend of mine that the little poke at the end of a Dash Charge is the strongest but I don't believe them. One other guy says that the first 2 upstab did the most damage. Please tell me which one is correct.
Back to top Go down
Godzilla2195
Seltas
Godzilla2195

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Bimasena009 wrote:
Sorry for bothering, but I was wondering what is the strongest singular attack for Lance? I heard heard from some friend of mine that the little poke at the end of a Dash Charge is the strongest but I don't believe them. One other guy says that the first 2 upstab did the most damage. Please tell me which one is correct.

The poke at the end of the charge is the strongest single lance attack, but that doesn't make useful. Stick to poking the monster.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Bimasena009 wrote:

Elaborating on what godzilla said before me, the lance charge has a 20% Attack power (ATP) on the very first hit it does, 16% ATP for every hit after that, and a 40% ATP for the finisher.

The upward stabs have a 28% ATP for the first 2 hits and 30% ATP for the 3rd and final upward stab.
Back to top Go down
1bighiccup
Black Gravios
1bighiccup

Thank you Points : 79

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:57 pm

the 'Attack Power' you're using is better known as a TYPE value.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:14 pm

Wait, what about the counter charge? I thought that one did the most?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 6 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 25 ... 44  Next