Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 8 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 8 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Tavok101 wrote:
Ok, quick question. Should I get Dober armor parts?

Blade...NO. It's okay, and can be used for mixes, but you'll want to get other armours first. It's fairly weapon dependant, if you don't use a GS, it's really not worth it. The dragon res is the big trap on it, ele res isn't too usefull in the end..

Gunner is nice for a big pellet spam, but there's replacements, and you don't really need a specialized set for it. Besides, it's only viable with a 4 gunner team anyways.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:11 pm

When using a greatsword and charging for lvl.3 blow, do you have to release it before the automatic release or is that the lvl.3 charge? Just a simple question but it'll make a lot of difference as I practice to use one.
Back to top Go down
Tavok101
Jaggi
Tavok101

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:28 pm

You must release it before the automatic release. If it releases automatically, i'll do as much damage as a lv.2 charge, and it takes more time. When you get a Lv.3 charge, you'll see a flash around your character. The timing is easy to get, the problem is getting the timing to hit the monsters.
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:30 pm

Which is why I'm going to practice offline before trying to use it online. Thanks for the quick reply! It's good to know something so basic as that xD
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: sns element set   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:38 am

hey guys i was wondering what sns set is the best the has EAU and evasion +1 (sorry if this has already been asked)
Back to top Go down
http://binocularorder.fullboards.com/
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:52 am

Okay, i don't know if you are high or low rank. If you're high rank, there's some great barioth pieces for evasion and slots. Mixing it in low rank will probably not gain you much. I'll make a high rank version later, but my computer is acting somewhat weird.

Anyhow, this is probably the best low rank alternative:
http://divinewh.im/s/0_Y.1R.1R_b.1R_Y.1R.1R_c.1R.1R_b.1R.B_W.1R.1R
If you mix in more barioth parts, you'll lose the chance to gem in anything else at all.

For the high rank version, do you want anything else specifically? EAU and eva+2 is possible, Evade dist up should be pretty easy. Mind posting your EAU and evade charms? And maybe you got something like trapmaster +X 00?
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:30 am

sorry for so little info but im high rank and i would like EAU, sharpness up, evade +1 and possible critical eye. for evasion i have a +6 evade +10 transpot charm btw
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:31 am

...dont think i have any elment charms :/
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:32 am

it would also be cool if i could get that without using the headslot so i could use sword saint ears but that seems kinda impossible lol
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am

Something like this: http://divinewh.im/s/0_1f.n_1l_Y.1S_1k.n_1e.I_1B.j.H

With a better charm you can also fit in earplugs: http://divinewh.im/s/1.z_1f.n_1l_Y.H.H_1k.n_l_1A.j.1S

EDIT: sword saint earring is junk lol
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:51 am

lol did u copy and paste that from the other sns topic u posted that in? ;) i was kinda hoping for critical eye too :/
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 8:53 am

Blackice, try to avoid double or triple-posting, you can edit your posts, like Dain did.

Dain, he's got eva+6 max, not +7 0, so your set doesn't work.

And yeah, ESP is worthless in tri. The only use you could have would be on agna's armour mode, with a non-esp weapon (Hammer, Bowgun, Lonsword and Switchaxe can negate it). Even with ESP, armour mode...has armour, so low damage. You'll wanna pitfall him anyways when that happens.

I'm guessing Dain will repost a set, with or without sharp+1. If he doesn't, i'll work on it about 2 hours from now. Got anything besides sharp+1 you'd like? Because it's a pretty damned hard combination.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:02 am

i ment sharpness up not +1 lol and sorry about causeing you so much trouble XD your being very helpful thank you :D
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:22 am

kay i feel stupid. the skills were (this is final i figured out all my stupidness... sorta) EAU, razor sharp, critical eye, and evade +1. i have and evade+6 transporter +10 charm. there we go all wraped up. sorry forum for taking up so much of your space! i feel hecka stupid!
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 10:51 am

blackice wrote:
hey guys i was wondering what sns set is the best the has EAU and evasion +1 (sorry if this has already been asked)

favorite SnS set :
http://divinewh.im/s/0_1h.O.O.O_1r.n_Y.1S_1g_15_10.j.R.O
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:17 pm

blackice wrote:
kay i feel stupid. the skills were (this is final i figured out all my stupidness... sorta) EAU, razor sharp, critical eye, and evade +1. i have and evade+6 transporter +10 charm. there we go all wraped up. sorry forum for taking up so much of your space! i feel hecka stupid!

It doesn't matter, but please use "EDIT". It's near the "Quote Button", use it when you want so say something AFTER you already posted. It avoid double or tripleposting.

As to the set you wanted....I can't seem to get it. Crit eye is just too much to gem in. With a +7 evade charm, or with a 1 slot weapon, it's pretty simple.
http://divinewh.im/s/1.L_Y.M_b.1R_Y.M_c.M_b.1S_x.j.z
There may be slightly better variants, but the big thing about OF lagi is having both razor sharp and EAU, which are A skills. With a better charm, crit eye+2 or evade+2 are possibilities.
Back to top Go down
blackice
Tigrex
blackice

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 1:31 pm

0.0 dude thanks thats sick. and sorry im still getting used to the forum (even thoough i somehow have 60 posts 0.0)

omg thank you i just finished making it its pretty awesome :D
Back to top Go down
GaZ_D200
Aptonoth
GaZ_D200

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 5:48 pm

I've done all the 1* quests on online, but nothing else has unlocked yet, how do I proceed? There don't seem to be people I need to speak to like there is in offline
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:14 pm

GaZ_D200 wrote:
I've done all the 1* quests on online, but nothing else has unlocked yet, how do I proceed? There don't seem to be people I need to speak to like there is in offline

I think you need to get to HR 8 (I think) and then do the urgent quest. That will unlock the 2*s.
Back to top Go down
GaZ_D200
Aptonoth
GaZ_D200

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 8:25 pm

RDC wrote:
GaZ_D200 wrote:

I think you need to get to HR 8 (I think) and then do the urgent quest. That will unlock the 2*s.

Cheers! I'm HR7 at the mo, so i just need to do a couple of the same quests again I guess
Back to top Go down
Jg
Bnahabra
Jg

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code: 182226099037

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:07 am

RDC wrote:
GaZ_D200 wrote:

Its hunter rank who unlock 2* quest not urgent but in order to become the hunre rank for 2* you need to have done your urgent
Back to top Go down
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Is RF Ice worth on Alatreon? Ala has a hitzone value of 15 on every part except the head (20). I tried an experimental run the other day, with not-so-terribad randies, took around 16 min to finish, broke both wings even if I was the solo gunner.

From VampireCosmonaut's faq:
Spoiler:

I was using this set:

Poison Stinger / T-Rex / Blizzard Cannon

http://divinewh.im/s/1.s_1B.t_1W.26_1A.n_1X.t_1V.s_z.a.1B

Gives: Attack Up L, Element Atk Up, Combo Plus, Bonus Shot

Just want to hear your opinions on this, and if someone else have tried this. I'm still trying for convince my close buddies to do a 4-man team with this set-up XD
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:09 pm

Pretty possible ..
lets see if i do the math right
dunno how much raw your gun has so im gonna calc it with my set up xD
396*0,45*0.6*1.2*0.15/1.2*0.75*4 = 48ish Ice damage per volley.. around 2800ish per 60 volleys..dunno if its right but sounds reasonable.. anyway.. i remember duoing ala with nana using rf ice..well she used rf i used non rf because i like chaos wing so much
Back to top Go down
Maika
Cephalos
Maika

Thank you Points : 8

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:37 pm

Lucas wrote:
Pretty possible ..
lets see if i do the math right
dunno how much raw your gun has so im gonna calc it with my set up xD
396*0,45*0.6*1.2*0.15/1.2*0.75*4 = 48ish Ice damage per volley.. around 2800ish per 60 volleys..dunno if its right but sounds reasonable.. anyway.. i remember duoing ala with nana using rf ice..well she used rf i used non rf because i like chaos wing so much

I tried swapping the Stinger with the other frames, looks like my initial gun set-up has the highest atk power for RF ice. Anyway, on my status screen, my Raw Attack shows 366.
Can you remember what gun was she using?
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 4:45 pm

Chaos Wing has the highest raw aside from Vulcannon .. oh and sowwy i used wrong raw..it 's for full chaos wing.. but.. yea chaos wing frame it is.. should be somehwer between 360 and 378 raw ..sorry again..

at any rate the damage output should be still around 2600-2700
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 8 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 26 ... 44  Next