Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 14 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 14 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 6:08 am

It's meh wrote:
Kuraikage wrote:
I dunno much about Taunt, but could it be a useful skill to tank hits for the less experienced members of the group?
Triple blademaster taunt group

support gunner has sneak

WIN.

Funny thing is, the girl with 'Taunt' skill was a Gunner while I'm the Blademaster. Barioth don't pay attention to me so it was very hard to hit him /versad/ . We still clear the quest though, because she was a Hacker (how else her health did not dent one bit even after taking Barioth strongest attack with only Attack Up (S) and Taunt as her skill? not to mention, she had Rathling frame in Low Rank)
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Deviljho and alaetreon   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:55 pm

what skills/weapons/armor are good for the deviljho and alaetreon?
(i usually use hammer btw)
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:01 pm

Lagia818 wrote:

For Alteron hammer users usually take the Helios mix for HGE Sharpness+1 and Focus together with Deviljho hammer. Jho on ther other hand is pretty hard to hamemr since the head is pretty hup high and moves alot so you're better of using something else.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:05 pm

Lucas wrote:
Lagia818 wrote:

For Alteron hammer users usually take the Helios mix for HGE Sharpness+1 and Focus together with Deviljho hammer. Jho on ther other hand is pretty hard to hamemr since the head is pretty hup high and moves alot so you're better of using something else.
apparently lance is rreally useful, but i suck at it, anything else?
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:51 pm

Pierce shots work really really well on him
Back to top Go down
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 7:20 am

Lucas wrote:

YESSS!!!
Back to top Go down
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 12:43 pm

Hi!

I'm close to finishing the story mode and this question popped into my mind. Is there any point playing online if I played offline already? From what I saw during my short time in Loc Loc, most of the quests are repeats of those in off, or some random mash-ups like "kill barioth, lagiacrus and gobul in one go". Plus, I don't really have anyone to play with. My friend said she was going to get this game, but she is currently low on money, and after reading some post on this forum, I'm not too keen on playing with randoms. What do you think, is online worth playing for me then?
Back to top Go down
stayman_jacobi
Kecha Wacha
stayman_jacobi

Thank you Points : 18

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:28 pm

rubinek wrote:
Hi!

I'm close to finishing the story mode and this question popped into my mind. Is there any point playing online if I played offline already? From what I saw during my short time in Loc Loc, most of the quests are repeats of those in off, or some random mash-ups like "kill barioth, lagiacrus and gobul in one go". Plus, I don't really have anyone to play with. My friend said she was going to get this game, but she is currently low on money, and after reading some post on this forum, I'm not too keen on playing with randoms. What do you think, is online worth playing for me then?
Definitely go online. There are many differences between offline and online. First of all, there are some monsters that are online only. You can only fight Deviljho, Alatreon and Jhen Mohran online, while you can only fight Ceadeus offline. There are also many other quests to do. There are event quests which can get you new weapons, and new arena quests that can get you new armors. If you are worried about hunting with randumbs, just ask some forumers to play. I'm sure some would be willing to help.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 11:14 pm

stayman_jacobi wrote:
rubinek wrote:
Hi!

Definitely go online. There are many differences between offline and online. First of all, there are some monsters that are online only. You can only fight Deviljho, Alatreon and Jhen Mohran online, while you can only fight Ceadeus offline. There are also many other quests to do. There are event quests which can get you new weapons, and new arena quests that can get you new armors. If you are worried about hunting with randumbs, just ask some forumers to play. I'm sure some would be willing to help.

That above is Online summed up nicely. Even if you can't play with Forumer, there's always gems in the trash heap called randies. I found a few already (player Obscura and Herman), you just have to devise a way to test how competent they are (looking at their gear and skillpool is one thing. I usually avoid anyone who uses Guan Dao or Rathalos LS and those with mashed armor or those who has autoguard skill even without block-capable weapon). Some materials is only accessible online too, so you should definitely do it.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: armor spheres   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:12 pm

best way to get armor sphere+ and adv armor spheres?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:30 pm

Lagia818 wrote:
best way to get armor sphere+ and adv armor spheres?

Mine Offline volcano. It could be that some offline location has a slightly higher average, but doing the sub would take more time, and you'd probably need multiple people.

Get good (i don't think you can get great) luck, and the normal gathering skills. Start in area 5, go up the volcano, mining everything, jump down to 5, and wait for the spots to respawn (only those in 5 do). The blueish ores have a high yield.
Back to top Go down
jetavian
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:55 pm

Hey everyone, I'm trying to make an armor set for SnS, as I'm starting to use it more in Tri. I'm debating between Escardora (only for swords with element/status), Barioth, Vangis or any mixed set. Any recomendations?
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 8:05 pm

jetavian wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm trying to make an armor set for SnS, as I'm starting to use it more in Tri. I'm debating between Escardora (only for swords with element/status), Barioth, Vangis or any mixed set. Any recomendations?
i dont know if this is good or not, but i enjoy using the lagiacrus set. it has element attack up, razor sharp, and a ton of slots to gem in different skills
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:17 pm

Lagia818 wrote:
jetavian wrote:
i dont know if this is good or not, but i enjoy using the lagiacrus set. it has element attack up, razor sharp, and a ton of slots to gem in different skills

lagi OF is a great set for sns. Escadora has meh skills. Awaken is pretty much usless as there are better unawakened weapons that overpower them. barioth+ is a pretty good sns set as well, with the evasion up and +2. Vangis is a good all around set, and with helios+ mixes with it, it can become an all purpose set
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 11:39 pm

Lucas wrote:

'Him' being jho, and not ala
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 2:14 am

whats the best way to get elderdragonblood?
(im only HR33 so i cant fight alaetreon)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:34 am

You don't have to wait until hr51 to kill alatreon for elder dragon blood. You can obtain it from other elder dragons; either online or offline: jhen or ceadus. Ceadus would be your best bet. However, if you do not have the option of fighting ceadus offline then Jhen (event or urgent) will suffice.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 5:08 am

Daenerys wrote:
You don't have to wait until hr51 to kill alatreon for elder dragon blood. You can obtain it from other elder dragons; either online or offline: jhen or ceadus. Ceadus would be your best bet. However, if you do not have the option of fighting ceadus offline then Jhen (event or urgent) will suffice.
Jhen give more IMO and its less boring, still boring but less boring and the Repel jhen event is pretty good for EDB from what I've heard but I do not know for sure
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 1:56 pm

You probably know this, but ala gives more. Way more. So if you need several, it might take way too long to kill ceadeus or jhen. The former takes quite long without endgame weps (in that case, you could just kill ala), and jhen needs a team, and long preparation.
Back to top Go down
Latro
Rhenoplos
Latro

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:23 pm

Which is better to use agnak or overforged or hr. agnak armour
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 4:31 pm

Latro wrote:

Make the +, if you have the time to go claw hunting. There's only so many monsters that need guard boost, and for those, you can gem it in. Razor sharp is a pretty good skill too, so + is the way to go.

Note: When you use the +armour's slots to gem in guard boost (not the best thing you can do with 000 slots), you'll end up with 2 slots remaining, that's 2 less than the OF armour. So if you don't care about Razor sharp, and really need 2 extra slots, go OF. That's probably never gonna be the case though.
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo
Dracken

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:00 pm

Win32error wrote:
Latro wrote:

Make the +, if you have the time to go claw hunting. There's only so many monsters that need guard boost, and for those, you can gem it in. Razor sharp is a pretty good skill too, so + is the way to go.

Note: When you use the +armour's slots to gem in guard boost (not the best thing you can do with 000 slots), you'll end up with 2 slots remaining, that's 2 less than the OF armour. So if you don't care about Razor sharp, and really need 2 extra slots, go OF. That's probably never gonna be the case though.

I was literally just about to ask this question o.o. I was also wondering, what does guard boost do? I guess it helps you guard (duh >.>) but how exactly?

PS On a still related note, I was Using Guard+2 AND Guard Boost against jho today, but on his rock throw attack and his foot stomp (when directly below) I did actually slide back a bit... I mean, what gives? There's a reason I got this Guard set, How dare this game make it fail on me? :mad:
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Dracken wrote:
Win32error wrote:
Latro wrote:

I was literally just about to ask this question o.o. I was also wondering, what does guard boost do? I guess it helps you guard (duh >.>) but how exactly?

PS On a still related note, I was Using Guard+2 AND Guard Boost against jho today, but on his rock throw attack and his foot stomp (when directly below) I did actually slide back a bit... I mean, what gives? There's a reason I got this Guard set, How dare this game make it fail on me? :mad:

Okay, here's how it works:

Guard+1/2 makes attacks deal less damage and push you back less when blocking. With guard+2, most attacks will do minimal damage and not let you slide. Some heavy attacks may still do a bit (jho's rockthrow) and push you somewhat.

Guard boost enables you to block "unblockable" attacks. Ceadeus water cannon, Gigginox's wrestler move, Ala's fireball. These attacks cannot be taken fully without guard boost. Some of them can be partially blocked. For example, Agnaktors laser beam: If you block it, you'll block regularly once, but a split second later, you'll get hit again, which is what the attack does. So if you dodge and only block the part, you might not need guard boost.

Generally, guard boost is primarily good on Ala. Most other "unblockable" attacks can be dodged easily. Keeping it on other monsters doesn't do anything.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:42 am

what are some good sleep bombing guns?
i have one in mind with jhen cannon barrel, blizzard cannon frame, and rathling gun+ for reduced recoil. this gives me 4 lv2 sleep shots and 2 lv1 sleep shots.
(i got this from sd's tutorial)
but r there any better setups?
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 12:48 am

Replace Rahtling Stock with Chaos Wing Stock
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 14 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 29 ... 44  Next