Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 34 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 34 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 8:53 pm

Wow thats alot lol ok thanks man that sucks imma have to get some better armor lol.
Back to top Go down
Axel's sister
Popo
Axel's sister

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 10:31 pm

metalman123 wrote:
Wow thats alot lol ok thanks man that sucks imma have to get some better armor lol.
Go for Barioth, it may not have attack up X but you can evade more and get more hits in, so in a way it kind of makes up for the loss of attack, if you have both it is even better!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Ok will do thanks for the suggestion!
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:22 pm

metalman123 wrote:

You're HR 26+ and said you have Helios already. I presumed you've already gemmed out Demonic blessing and blunt edge.

Most of the weapons you use at this point are green sharpness, which upgrade to blue with sharpness +1

Green->Blue is a 14% boost in raw damage.

You're pretty much at as good as it gets until High Rank, unless you are chewing though too many potions on a hunt and really think you need to change it up by dodging more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:42 pm

So should I stay with helios/lagi set I have now until i get the Helios+/vangis set that ill get later?
Back to top Go down
Latro
Rhenoplos
Latro

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 9:15 am

metalman123 wrote:
So should I stay with helios/lagi set I have now until i get the Helios+/vangis set that ill get later?

i can gurantee that you'll change sets each rank like when you get to hr31,40 and 51+ which is to be honest the right thing to do like when you first reach high rank change sets to something like peco+ or gobal+ or something but its up to you (but dont pick ian+). now the rank after(hr40-51) there is a wide variety of decent sets that even some you'll prefer over helios/vangis but im not going to tell you to get a set but il say what i think you should get and that is bari+ unless you like guard lancing then pick agna+ but its up to you. hope this helps
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:29 am

metalman123 wrote:

No, HR Rathian can 1-hit-kill you if you are wearing LR armor still. You'll want to get a high rank set or overforge a low rank set, to get your defense up high enough.

My own progression was this:

LR Helios --> HR leather --> HR Alloy --> HR Peco --> OF Blos/Los mix --> Vangis

But obviously this is the long way. Each of those first 3 sets took way longer to assemble than I expected, I could have been in viable armor sooner had I just overforged peco or jaggi and called it good until lvl 40.

But you see, I got alloy to farm the peco, and got leather to make mining the alloy faster lol.
Back to top Go down
MMJR
Kelbi

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3G

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 9:32 am

Question On high Jhen if a team kills it in less then 9min is someone on the team Hacked? or do they just know what they are doing?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:41 am

If jhen dies while the boat is moving then somebody is hacking. Otherwise they are just good.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:55 pm

It is definitely possible to kill him in 9 minutes, i'm sure of that.

If you are doing extremely high damage to jhen, he will go to the final showdown before the 15 minute mark. This is possible without hacking, but not easy. There might be more pro videos from the japanese servers...
Back to top Go down
MMJR
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 1:19 pm

thanks now for my second stupid question Yes by vort

How do I find ppl?
do I need to be on the same sever as they are?
I have been trying to find ppl from here but I always get not online Sad by vort

Do I just send a messege and hope they are online or is there a better way?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 2:00 pm

The best way is to make sure they are online, and then search for their name/ID. If they're no on, they won't show.

When they are online, add them to friends. If they accept, you'll be able to see when they are offline/online.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:40 pm

Win32error wrote:

*Video snip*

If you are doing extremely high damage to jhen, he will go to the final showdown before the 15 minute mark. This is possible without hacking, but not easy. There might be more pro videos from the japanese servers...

The one quest I always get called a hacker for XD.

I just use a GS people!!
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:16 am

It's meh wrote:
Win32error wrote:

*Video snip*

The one quest I always get called a hacker for XD.

I just use a GS people!!

Most randoms don't seem to have any idea of just how quickly a GS to the spine cracks brings down jhen (or that you can keep hitting them even after they're broken for that matter...). When you tell them it only takes 70 charge hits to the spine to kill jhen they'll occasionally believe you.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:46 am

dainbramage wrote:

Most randoms don't seem to have any idea of just how quickly a GS to the spine cracks brings down jhen (or that you can keep hitting them even after they're broken for that matter...). When you tell them it only takes 70 charge hits to the spine to kill jhen they'll occasionally believe you.
Most GS users online don't even know what a charge hit is XD and they just swing around because "MOAR HITS".

When fighting jhen, I get overjoyed when I see another GS user attack the spine crack.
Most of the time, someone else picks the GS to be "like meh" and swing around expecting to get the same results as my super charges..

Now on to mah question:
What is it that lures so many hunters to continue charge slamming their hammers when a monster is not moving/stunned/Jhen Mohran slow?
I've noticed that players would not take the advantage of triple pound combo-ing a monster when it's incapacitated/KO'd...

When fighting Jhen, it's charge swings all day, even when hitting the arm while jhen is still magic riding the sand.
When they charge, they just end up hitting the body! I know they can hear that little bit of impact...
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 1:48 am

They think superpound=more power
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Got a question, are there any european clans based from this forum? Just got back to playing this game on an old/new (depends on your perspective) character, and it seems like the randies I meet now are even more likely to be poor hunters than back when I was playing last lol. I'd love to know some hunters I can depend on and who can depend on me to be on a goodly amount of the time with whom I can quest and have a bit of craic. If there are any clans based from here, if there's any guidelines, requirements or what have you for joining/being in them, I'd also like to know 'em to know if I'm a suitable member or not. Cheers if anyone can respond.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Well Monster Hunter isn't a game that clans play a big role in, most people have a dedicated group of friends they hunt with. If you ask around and look you'll be able to find a group like that in no time. Of course you will find some groups that are just for lulz (one example is the binocular order) but as I said it's not an actual clan, just people who like to hunt together.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 10:32 pm

Quentin wrote:
They think superpound=more power
Well, I never understood that lol.
Then again, I've always observed the speeds of attacks and how heavy the impacts of attacks were and etc...
I don't swing around blindly, and I never did when I first started monster hunter in freedom 1 :D
The only thing that got me when I started off was the lance charge, but then I quickly figured that out by attacking monsters with different attacks to see what killed them faster.
First I thought lance charge was teh epic move that wasted stamina for ultimate powah.... But I was wrong.
Even with the loss of stamina, it was still a weaker move so bleh....
Now that I think about it, most blade master weapons that use up stamina with attacks that consume stamina aren't really as effective as naturally swinging around. o.o
(Has never used a hunting horn so I don't really know if it takes stamina or not... And doesn't the dual swords do better when it takes up your stamina? Demonization mode ftw? :D)

Quentin wrote:
Well Monster Hunter isn't a game that clans play a big role in, most people have a dedicated group of friends they hunt with. If you ask around and look you'll be able to find a group like that in no time. Of course you will find some groups that are just for lulz (one example is the binocular order) but as I said it's not an actual clan, just people who like to hunt together.

Eh, I never found the use in clans..
Most people I've seen have clans don't even manage them well (not that they need to be "good" at managing a clan).
They generally just make a tag, get other people to have that tag, randomly assign ranks by how many times they've played with each other or how well they know each other.
In monster hunter, I've seen plenty of clans with populations of 1 person; the leader.
Even 3 people in one city each had different clans and they were all ranked "leader".

A clan discussion that I saw in a city gate had people begging for members, but they just wanted that! Members! They didn't wanna play with one another, they just wanted members!
It was like: "Hey plz join my clan, it's the *Censored* and I just want some members. It's a pretty relaxed clan, and we don't even play together at all XD"
MFW - /no/
Back to top Go down
Slyffer
Cephalos
Slyffer

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 5:47 am

Thanks for the answers, and its not so much I literally want to be in a clan, it's that, since coming back, I've found it very hard to find decent hunters amongst the randies I've played with, just about all the ''high'' levels I've played with were arrogant alps, some of whom I was outdamaging with my SnS for God's sake, and the rest of whom refused to hunt with me. So, its more along the lines of what Quentin suggested, more that I just need a group of friends with who I can hunt with. But that'll most likely come with time spent playing, anyhow, I've only been back a few days after all.
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:46 am

https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/f10-city-hall
This is a place where you can find hunting parties
Back to top Go down
MMJR
Kelbi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:00 am

I can't get my fishing fleet to go anywhere but to the Fishing spots.

How do you get them to go to hunting or treasure places?
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 11:20 am

MMJR wrote:
I can't get my fishing fleet to go anywhere but to the Fishing spots.

How do you get them to go to hunting or treasure places?

read the comments on the fleet and level them up
Back to top Go down
Lou Urau
Rhenoplos
Lou Urau

Thank you Points : 6

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Ceadeus Reset Trick?   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:55 pm

I've heard a lot of the Ceadeus Reset trick and how he can be repelled infinitely.
And i'm confused by that. I have fought Ceadeus about 10 times and I know how the Gem is a hard drop to acquire.

Anyway, the reset trick is that you lower his life down LOW to where you can maybe just kill him in 5mins after the first repel.
True, but when you start the mission with a Fresh and new Ceadeus, can you really get his health down that low in one session? I'm asking because i've repelled him once and when Chacha says, "Oh, maybe your not so bad after all."

I've looked around in forums to try to get this answered in my head. I repelled once, came back and lowered his health till the signal from Chacha. Now, i've seen that you can just leave back to Camp or stay there and avoid his attacks.

I tried both, they ended with Quest Faileds. So what did I do wrong that didn't allow me to do that Repel the second time? Because I want to be able to do the Reset trick and get the gems so I can upgrade my weapons from it (Great Sword, longsword, Switch axe, Sword and Sheild) and get the +Helios chest
Back to top Go down
Esham
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Alatreon Prep   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 5:59 pm

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I am sitting at rank 50 and planning for ala. I am just wondering what is recommended to take him on with a mixed group. I mainly use hammers and GS's but i have put together the barioth SnS specifically for Ala since its more defensive and its ice. I have the para SnS as well but no sleep sns (although i could probably make one for sleepbombing).

I have the following sets:

Overforged Peco set
Overforged Barioth set
Rathian+/overforged set
Bhanabra+ set (with 2 barioth for +1 evasion)
Overforged Lagia.

I am personally leaning towards my peco set since it has some dragon res, fire res and evasion +1. +2 is not a must since i am effective with both. its currently hovering around 315 armour i think.

My barioth set is @ 350 armour which is higher but i am worried about the -20 fire and since i haven't fought ala yet i have a feeling i am going to get 1 shotted by the fireballs. I can toss on a fire res +10 tali to bring it down to -10 but i am still concerned.

I guess my question is am i ill prepared? Or i am just over thinking a fight that will probably not be that hard if i do some suicide runs of ala first?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 34 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 34 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 39 ... 44  Next