Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 33 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 33 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 33 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:29 pm

TiroDvD wrote:
So is it better to make +armor from scratch or convert is from LR armor?

You can't "convert" it.

Example:
leather helm:
High-quality Pelt x2, Killer Beetle x5 to overforge.
once overforged, it will still have the same skill points as LR armor. only more defense. You'll never get a second slot on it.

leather Helm+:
High-qualty Pelt x1; Warm Pelt x4; Killer Beetle x3
this bad boy has dem 2 slots.

HQ pelts are tedious, don't waste them overforging.

Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Dynamic Hunting

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:57 pm

Ugthorf wrote:
TiroDvD wrote:
So is it better to make +armor from scratch or convert is from LR armor?

You can't "convert" it.

Example:
leather helm:
High-quality Pelt x2, Killer Beetle x5 to overforge.
once overforged, it will still have the same skill points as LR armor. only more defense. You'll never get a second slot on it.

leather Helm+:
High-qualty Pelt x1; Warm Pelt x4; Killer Beetle x3
this bad boy has dem 2 slots.

HQ pelts are tedious, don't waste them overforging.

Never gotten a high quality pelt before...
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:19 am

Axel3 wrote:

Never gotten a high quality pelt before...

35% drop rate, HR kelbi only, do not stun. Only ~6 kelbi spawn per HR harvest tour= 3 harvest tours to make the set(if you are lucky), or 5 tours to overforge the inferior LR leather.

If you have vangis already and just want a mining set, you need only make the HR chest and arms, and just torso up with vangis and overforged urugaan Legs, and then Jaggi Mask.

Then just swap talis... transporter if rolling uruktor, fishing tali if doing a FKOF run.
Back to top Go down
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Why is the Ceadeus Armor called both Selene and Helios? At first I thought it was a difference in translation in US and EU versions, but now I see people running around the EU server with Helios Armor as well. Wtf?
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 6:25 pm

rubinek wrote:
Why is the Ceadeus Armor called both Selene and Helios? At first I thought it was a difference in translation in US and EU versions, but now I see people running around the EU server with Helios Armor as well. Wtf?
Selene for girls
Helios for boys
(I think)
It may be selene for gunning, Helios for blade master...
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:22 pm

Same goes for Hinata and Yamato (Jhen) and Bard and Scholar (Guild)
Back to top Go down
TiroDvD
Popo
TiroDvD

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:20 am

OK now it's bugging me. 1) what does "randies" mean 2) that is the etymology of this term?
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:01 am

randies means randoms.

refers to people you just met online (as opposed to friends or people you met up on the wiki or something like that)
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:48 pm

TiroDvD wrote:
OK now it's bugging me. 1) what does "randies" mean 2) that is the etymology of this term?
As quidam said this means random people.
But it is generally used for random people who are fast to cart and are cocky and mean.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 6:52 pm

Nope. Randies simply means everyone you don't know. Meaning you are a randie to everyone aside from your friends. It's often true that randies have less skill, or at least less motivation than people you know (you don't wanna suck in front of your friends, right).

Randumbs would probably be the term you are looking for.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Quick question about agnaktor.

When agnaktor is broken and beaten senseless, and has cooled off, does his exposed areas still count as a heated agnaktor hit or an "armor" hit?

As in:
Heated agnaktor takes in the most damage when hit.
People break his body, chest, claws, tail, face, etc.
Then agnakor cools down and people still attack.
Would the cooled down agnaktor still have the defensive properties of armor mode or the vulnerability of heated mode?
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:54 pm

It's meh wrote:

When agnaktor is broken and beaten senseless, and has cooled off, does his exposed areas still count as a heated agnaktor hit or an "armor" hit?

As in:
Would the cooled down agnaktor still have the defensive properties of armor mode or the vulnerability of heated mode?

since you technically broke the "armor" part of agna i wud assume it wud be counted as the heated mode...
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 1:32 am

Leonhardt wrote:
It's meh wrote:

As in:

since you technically broke the "armor" part of agna i wud assume it wud be counted as the heated mode...

But when it's heated, you can hit the legs at green sharpness.
Cooled down, you bounce!
HOW THE FU-dge
:D
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 8:00 am

It's meh wrote:
Leonhardt wrote:
It's meh wrote:

As in:

But when it's heated, you can hit the legs at green sharpness.
Cooled down, you bounce!
HOW THE FU-dge
:D
Think of it like this
Hit a rock when it's hard and you bounce, break the rock hit the gooey stuff (made up) and don't bounce
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 3:50 pm

Axel3 wrote:

Think of it like this
Hit a rock when it's hard and you bounce, break the rock hit the gooey stuff (made up) and don't bounce

Well, I'm not talking about bouncing, and I said that a broken agnaktor claw will still cause some bouncing with certain weapons (at like green or blue... I think blue.) when agnaktor is cooled down.

What I want to know, is if a broken agnaktor cooled down will have the same defensive properties as a heated agnaktor.
A cooled down agnaktor not only becomes extremely tough skinned when he's not broken up, but your attacks also deal less damage (raw damage that is), but what about a broken agnaktor?
The strong cooled down areas are no longer existent, but there is now fresh skin.
However, what gets me is the claws.
Regardless of being broken, agnaktor's claws still retain some strengthening when it cools down.

What I wish to know is if agnaktor still takes in reduced damage in cool down mode even when he's broken up.

My suspicions say that agnaktor loses his defensive properties, but his claws are a bit of a problem..
(Well, I think his claws still stay a bit strong, I can remember bouncing with green sharpness with the Long sword without a full spirit bar, but when agnaktor heated up, I cut through the claws. I might not have made correct observations and I'll correct myself with a few tests against agnaktor to make sure... But that'll take a while since I'd have to be playing the game which I'm not able to do atm)
EDIT: Longsword is able to cut through agnaktor's claws.. Lance was a different story.
Strange thing though, I was unable to cut through agy's front claws for a while.. but suddenly I was able to cut through them when I broke his entire body (head, body, tail, etc.).......
?.?
*messes with agnaktor some more*

Final edit:

Agnaktor's claws are linked together with magic so unless both front claws are broken, you can't cut through them when agy is cooled down, it's the same with the back claws.
HOW ABOUT THAT
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:17 am

This message was posted accidentally now deleted

Last edited by Axel3 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:20 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hmmm...)
Back to top Go down
Axel3
Tigrex
Axel3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 8:19 am

Spoiler:
I'm think that they will have the same. Damage, as you said, went the front claws have been broken

Winedit: If you really have to quote large pieces of text, please use spoiler tags.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm

I'm pretty sure a broken armored Agna has the same defensive properties as a heated one, however I'm not sure how elemental damage takes into a effect.

As for the claws, a non heated broken claw, can still make some green sharped weapons bounce I presume, just because the bouncing properties are different.

Like Uragaan's Chin. Even a Purple Cut attack bounces (Lvl 3 Ala Revolution GS Charge). But White/Purple Blunt attacks hit it just fine etc.

So I'm assuming Agna's claws when not heated (but broken) still retain a higher level of bounce? or whatever the term is called xD. Maybe that's why Agnaktor is ADV in LR Online? xD
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 3:05 pm

Chips wrote:
I'm pretty sure a broken armored Agna has the same defensive properties as a heated one, however I'm not sure how elemental damage takes into a effect.

As for the claws, a non heated broken claw, can still make some green sharped weapons bounce I presume, just because the bouncing properties are different.

Like Uragaan's Chin. Even a Purple Cut attack bounces (Lvl 3 Ala Revolution GS Charge). But White/Purple Blunt attacks hit it just fine etc.

So I'm assuming Agna's claws when not heated (but broken) still retain a higher level of bounce? or whatever the term is called xD. Maybe that's why Agnaktor is ADV in LR Online? xD

I've made some observations myself, and discovered/found out XD that the claws are linked together in defensive properties.

Unless both claws are broken (Front and back claws respectively) you can't cut through them when agnaktor cools off, even with purple sharpness (unless that weapon was a GS or a LS which have boosted sharpness levels in certain conditions XD)

Elemental damage is the same when agy is heated and cooled so that's not really an issue :D

Agy is indeed quite a strange monster and imo one of the more difficult monsters in this game since it can be pretty much be extremely tough skinned, and that can throw newer players off.
I learned my lesson when I fought agy for the first time... As soon as he went under ground and just kept jumping around, I was a dead hunter.

If agnaktor actually does lose defense then awesome!
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:49 pm

^Correct. That is also why claw rewards are attached. I believe the defence and rewards are only linked by 3 if I recall correctly though not all 4 claws.
Back to top Go down
Chips
Shagaru Magala
Chips

Thank you Points : 108

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Sun

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:38 pm

dcj91x wrote:
^Correct. That is also why claw rewards are attached. I believe the defence and rewards are only linked by 3 if I recall correctly though not all 4 claws.

You have to break all 4 for Agnaktor Claw/+ rewards.

Although Agnaktor Claws/+ can just be carved from it. Which is why I always prefer break all claws and carve, rather than break all claws and than capping.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 1:38 pm

Ok so I understand that to activate a gem You need ten points but when you look at the gems info it says for example assault jewel says attack up +10 (s) attack up +20 (m) attack up +30 (L) does thismean i only need one jewel to activate it?

Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 2:51 pm

metalman123 wrote:
Ok so I understand that to activate a gem You need ten points but when you look at the gems info it says for example assault jewel says attack up +10 (s) attack up +20 (m) attack up +30 (L) does thismean i only need one jewel to activate it?

1. You probably mean +10 for attack up small, 15 for M, 20 for L.

2. No. In order to get attack up L, you'll need to get 20 points. Yes, that is quite a lot.
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:01 pm

Win32error wrote:
metalman123 wrote:

2. No. In order to get attack up L, you'll need to get 20 points. Yes, that is quite a lot.

Since it is not stated here:

Attack Jewel: +1 attack. (10 to activate AuS)
Assault Jewel: +3 attack. (3 assault and 1 attack jewel will activate AuS)
Onsalught Jewel: +5 attack. (2 to activate AuS.)
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 3:42 pm

Win32error wrote:
metalman123 wrote:

im so good, i hav ATTACK DOWN LARGE (on an ian set ofc) :hicc:

but yea, 20 points is hard to get if u use low rank armors D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 33 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 33 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next