Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 38 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 38 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 01, 2012 5:30 pm

1. Basically, Poison works like this: When it's activated, it deals a bit of damage, and then a set amount of damage is dealt while the status is active. For example: Poison lasts 30 seconds on uragaan. Upon inflicting it, 10 damage is dealt, and then 300 is dealt untill it runs out. That's basically 10 damage per second, 310 damage total.

An offline uragaan has between 2700 and 4050 Hp (5* quests), which means you'll have to poison it about 9 times if you just inflict the status and then run away. This is not very efficient, and it's the best example there is. On most monsters, poison will usually do 155 damage, but over a larger period of time (which means it'll take longer to inflict a new one). Some people believe poison deal a % of monster health in damage, but it's fixed.

Example: Online 4* HR gobul has at least 5920 HP. With 155 damage per poison, you'll need to inflict the status 39 times in order to kill it (if you do no other damage, which isn't possible). With 2 minutes per status, not counting inflicting the status, you'll need 78 minutes to kill it, which is more than the 50 max.

2: There's one skill that helps with status up, which is Status attack up. It'll make you do slightly more status damage, which is good, but it's not that much. Even when using status gunning, it's not a hugely important skill (you might need the same amount of status shots). So it's good, but it's not neccessary, and it won't change the damage on the monster.

3. The higher the status damage on your weapon, the higher the chance that you'll "do" status damage (which includes the effect on your weapon). Unalike element, status does not always activate when hitting a monster, so having high status damage when trying to inflict status is well...good. If that's what you meant.

4. It's a really bad weapon. Even under the best circumstances, you'll do low damage. In normal situations, you're better off with anything else. This is due to it having only elemental damage, and most monsters are only slightly weak to dragon. Those that are weak to dragon, like rathian, will still take as much or more damage from normal weapons. It's a fun sword, but it's not good. The other rusted weapons are better, because they have raw damage to back it up, making them usefull on hitzones that have low or no dragon weakness. To be sure, the rusted unupgraded sns is better against monsters without dragon weakness than the upgraded acient (HR version of rusted) sns, because it has more raw damage.

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Am i the online one asking lately?

Thanks again for the last answers they have been very helpfull and i gess i'll just aim for the weapons just to do some lol runs and not serius ones (like helping low lvl hunters and stuff).
Now im wondering some stuff and sorry if they sound a little nubish but i haven't found any good answer about it so here goes:

1. About the great luck and Tranquil skills, well i've read some about it but it's not clear to me. Some people where talking about how this only works on caps or kills etc.
Also that it has a counter like: rub the pig gives you 1, good luck gives you 1 and great luck gives you an extra 2, so thats 4 and thats the max, and if you get tranquil (cap expert) thats overkill?? same has getting good luck or great luk felyne skill??.
So if i rub the pig and have great luck i don't need cap expert skill?.

2. About Conquerors seals, i was sure you could only get this ones from the 6* quests (dual quests online), but i've seen people that said they got them from the online urgent dual quest. Is this posible or they were just trolling? They said it was a rare drop, while the online ones are common.

3. A little Out of this game but still is a question about mh: im currently playing mhf1 on psp and i don't see any pig thats sad, does the pig do anything in other games like this one on tri that gives luck? and how are you sure it gives that? i've seen people saying that depending on the type of "oink" it does (sometimes is oink oink, some times is large oiiiiink, some times even is miau??? hu??)

Thanks again for your time.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 3:21 pm

1) rewards coming from different sources belong to different rows, there was a post with the exact distribution but right now i can't seem to find it.

anyway: the first 2 rows give you main quest specific rewards, only THOSE are affected by pig/skills and only in the total number of items you will get (of course more items means also more chanche for rare ones).
3rd and 4th row will hold rewards from breaking parts and capturing the monster (non-quest specific), this 2 rows are UNAFFECTED by pig/skill, tranquilizer increases the amount of capture rewards you are getting here (only cap rewards, not break of course)
lastly, the remaining rows will hold subquest rewards, no skills affect this.

so pig/skill are useful when you need an item that comes from the base quest rewards (can help you get master seals, for example), tranquilizer will increase the specific rewards from capturing (and nothing else).

2) i'm not sure what do you mean? maybe they said they got seals from offline quests? if that's the case they wre lying or just confusing themselves.

3) not sure about pig effects before mhtri sorry.
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 10:02 am

This is how rewards work:

Top row: 3x guaranteed. From there on, each cell has a roll (depends on luck), and if it succeeds you get an item and the next cell does the same roll. And so on up to all 8. If the roll fails, that line is done.

Second row: 1x guaranteed. Then same rolling as top row.

The first cells for the top and second rows may be fixed depending on quest (e.g. always conq seal for HR51 dual monster hunts).

Cap/break aren't random apart from the item itself. 2 cap + 1 per additional monster (if same) + 1 for cap expert. Triple monster hunts however will not give any cap/break rewards.

Subs are both 1x guaranteed + roll as per top and second, capped at 4.

Chance for rolls to be successful are:
Great luck: 90%
Good luck: 81%
No luck: 69%
Bad luck: 50%
Horrible luck: 25%

Pig does nothing, and has never done anything in any MH game. Despite persistant rumours to the contrary.

For comparison, great luck will give you 37% more top row items, 86% more second row items, and 38% more subquest rewards than no luck.

Arena works similarly. One line only, first cell is guaranteed and always fixed, and roll chance is determined by your time rather than luck skill.
Back to top Go down
elchele
Rhenoplos
elchele

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 1:23 pm

KK got it thank's for both answers.
Im doing the mining quest "roll the urokntor" or something like that i never get the monsters names right, and yea i've noticed with great luck almost 70% of the time i get both first rows full, subquest rows most of the times 2 rewads. And the rewards of the las 3 slots of the second row may be a rusted shard or was it a rusted stone? ill try to confirm this but its like this (EDIT: just did it again last night and apparently any of the second line prizes may be a rusted)

x x x x x x
x x x R R R

Where R is rusted, one time i got 2 and i was like WTF!! you can get this things has prizes here!!

Kind of rare though, like 2 of 10 times you get 1, unless luck is on your side and you do the quest 5 times and the 5 times you get some.

Still i haven't gotten the sword or the worn hammer im looking for everything else i've gotten.

O well thanks a lot and yea the pig still gives luck for those who belive!!! HAHAHAH

Last edited by elchele on Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kreature07
Kelbi
Kreature07

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:17 pm

Hey guys, my turn for a question haha. What is the best reccomended armor set and LS or Hammer for the Deviljho?
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 10:41 pm

the best pre ala Ls for jho would be heaven's thunder or yan yue dao, with rising soul being an acceptable substitute. Other than that just bring an armor set with your preferred skills on it, unless you are doing a timed run. When I did timed runs using LS against jho I either used mixed helios with sharpness +1 and an evasion godcharm or a rathalos set with aul and crit eye 3, both aimed at doing lots of damage. But like I said, if you aren't doing timed runs than whatever set you happen to like works fine
Back to top Go down
Kreature07
Kelbi
Kreature07

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:23 pm

Cool I'll probably go for rathalos set then, im always looking to do the most damage I possibly can haha. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
kama
Seltas Queen
kama

Thank you Points : 14

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 12:46 pm

for LS set against deviljho, i prefer barioth+ armor because evading is fun. it might be a longer fight but one thing i learn is using less pots is great consider how hard deviljho hits.
Back to top Go down
Latro
Rhenoplos
Latro

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:36 pm

I have the chance to use crit draw on my great sword set of my own but i can also have punish draw as well. So i was wondering is it worth it or shall i use another skill instead. Also this set isnt a try hard set just a fun set and another note its only skills that i can use a charm then gem in the required rest for that skill im not changing any of the armor peices.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 10:28 pm

If its a fun set, why not?
Punishing may not be as effective as a hammer when it comes to KO, but its funny to see when a GS user does knockout a monster with a draw attack.
Give it a shot and if its fun, keep it. If its not...simply change it for another skill.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Latro
Rhenoplos
Latro

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 am

Thanks alot i might as well go for it then
Back to top Go down
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 4:45 pm

Best use for a Potential +7 OO charm, go!

Seriously, second godcharm overall and it's something that needs 15 points to be good (again). I'm just wondering if there are any kickass sets out there that utilize this worthy talisman.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 5:30 pm

Umm...I know these arent amazing but maybe they may give ideas. Though the black leather pants are better imo, they give +13 to potential...but heres some sets i made that use your tali.

http://divinewh.im/s/1.s_1A.1U_1l_1a_1g_1e.u_1A.k.1U
AUM,Adrenaline+2,sharp+1

http://divinewh.im/s/1.y_1A.1U_1l_1e_m_l_1A.k.1U
Sharp+1,HGE,Adrenaline+2

http://divinewh.im/s/3.1U.1T_1W_1c_1V.N_1Z.1T_1J.N_1A.k.1U
(Gunner) Adrenaline+2,Crit eye+2, pierce S boost, pierce lv1 up

Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Silverwind
Yian Kut-Ku
Silverwind

Thank you Points : 10

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Canada

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks, I'll be sure to try those sets out sometime. I'll be getting leather pants next chance I get, but that's no reason to toss out a godcharm... even if it is obsolete. Just gotta choose which one to try first... :|
Back to top Go down
TiroDvD
Popo
TiroDvD

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 11:27 pm

I've taken a small break from MH3 and went online tonight. I notice of hacking questions on the forum here and some of the randies were asking if I hacked. Has there been an increase in hacking in the past year? How has the current MH3 community changed if at all?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 12:24 am

TiroDvD wrote:
I've taken a small break from MH3 and went online tonight. I notice of hacking questions on the forum here and some of the randies were asking if I hacked. Has there been an increase in hacking in the past year? How has the current MH3 community changed if at all?

Im guessing that after UMH3 came out, the hackers increased
Back to top Go down
TiroDvD
Popo
TiroDvD

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:02 pm

[quote="Lalo"]
TiroDvD wrote:
Im guessing that after UMH3 came out, the hackers increased
And what is UMH3?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2012 1:20 pm

TiroDvD wrote:

And what is UMH3?

Back to top Go down
ShadeSlayer
Jaggi
ShadeSlayer

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:26 pm

Lalo wrote:
TiroDvD wrote:

And what is UMH3?

So is this actually going to be available to buy soonish or what?
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 12:53 pm

ShadeSlayer wrote:
Lalo wrote:
TiroDvD wrote:

And what is UMH3?

So is this actually going to be available to buy soonish or what?
It's a downloadable mod
Back to top Go down
ShadeSlayer
Jaggi
ShadeSlayer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:19 am

This might sound like a weird question and i looked and couldn't find related topic. But how are people able to heal other team mates without horns, what other items or objects are they using and they use it a lot. Was on an Ala junt and I only used one potion because on guy kept healing our party but there was no horn.
Back to top Go down
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:29 am

ShadeSlayer wrote:
This might sound like a weird question and i looked and couldn't find related topic. But how are people able to heal other team mates without horns, what other items or objects are they using and they use it a lot. Was on an Ala junt and I only used one potion because on guy kept healing our party but there was no horn.

Life powder, the skill Wide range, or healing shot from a bowgun can all heal part members. Life powder is an item that heals all party members at once. Wide range is an armor skill that shares the effects of herbs, berries, and potions with your party members. And healing shot is an ammunition for bowguns that heals whatever it hits.
Back to top Go down
ShadeSlayer
Jaggi
ShadeSlayer

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:39 am

MasterOnion wrote:
ShadeSlayer wrote:

Life powder, the skill Wide range, or healing shot from a bowgun can all heal part members. Life powder is an item that heals all party members at once. Wide range is an armor skill that shares the effects of herbs, berries, and potions with your party members. And healing shot is an ammunition for bowguns that heals whatever it hits.

Cheers I appreciate that information
Back to top Go down
Shepherd
Felyne
Shepherd

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:14 am

I have a question regarding lances that, for the life of me, I cannot find answered anywhere. But hey, maybe I missed it like I did the mayo (not my fault, it was behind the milk).

I have been using a lot of lance recently and I was wondering exactly how I should be playing it. By that I mean when I pick up a SnS I know that I should be exploiting elemental weakness, and when I pick up a GS element doesn't matter, that I should be exploiting raw damage. So what to do with the lance?

Most lances have comparable damage and elements and to boot the lances that have high elemental damage often have almost as much elemental as raw damage. So should I be exploiting elemental/status effects or equipping a high raw damage lance with skills to support it like AUx and potential? Is the lance a "fence" weapon that I can do both and this question hasn't been answered cause it doesn't really matter? Any advice is appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 38 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 38 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 44  Next