Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Resident Evil Revelations Demo Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Resident Evil Revelations Demo Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil Revelations Demo

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Resident Evil Revelations Demo Empty
PostResident Evil Revelations Demo

Yesterday was a big day for the RE franchise. For those of you who played through the demo, I was wondering what you thought of it.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Resident Evil Revelations Demo :: Comments

Yamatsu
Re: Resident Evil Revelations Demo
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:54 pm by Yamatsu
It was... meh.
A really short demo with a bit of action. The scanning system is neat, but the fact that you have to spam Y to get free of an enemy's grab or to get up is annoying as hell. It's an OK game so far, but I was expecting more, both from the demo and the game.
dcj91x
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:14 pm by dcj91x
My perspective:

After RE2 most of the games went away from the horror element to the action element. Rev is suppose to be a return to the horroe element. Also keep in mind thid is a demo.

The graphics both with and without 3D are beautiful and the details are amazing. Just look at the mist in the dinning area. But what I was really impressed with was the sound. Even without headphones on the sound was very clear and easily heard. With headphones even on the demo it was very detailed and added a lot to the game. The background noises really helped to keep you prepared for what was coming.

The gameplay in this demo was a lot better than in the Merchs demo. A lot more smoth and the movement of the camera and character was very smooth. The weapon switching with the touch screen was a lot more simple and quick than with the Dpad. The main problem I had though was with the action button being set to (Y) and the herbs being set to (A). I really hope in the full game this can be changed.

I think for those who are a fan of the older RE games this will be the game they have been missing, for fans of the newer ones such as RE5 it's probably not. This is not a Call of Duty or Shoot em up game like that and was not ment to be.

In the whole demo I think I ran into 5 monsters and I really wouldn't call them zombies at all as they are virus monsters.

This demo like the MH3G demo give you 30 uses, but if you beat the demo and do not exit out of it, it only counts as one use regardless of how many times you play it. But as I've been told if you die, it kicks you out of the demo completely.
Yamatsu
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:23 pm by Yamatsu
dcj91x wrote:
This demo like the MH3G demo give you 30 uses, but if you beat the demo and do not exit out of it, it only counts as one use regardless of how many times you play it. But as I've been told if you die, it kicks you out of the demo completely.
It doesn't kick you out of the game completely, but it does however boot you to the demo's title menu. Which is still pretty annoying.
Also I agree with the Herb/action button thing... I used up so many herbs accidentally and was the cause of 2 of my deaths in the demo. It'd be nice if we could set it to just the touch screen, so I don't use one accidentally again :p
RDC
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:37 pm by RDC
The dining room did look pretty cool. I had the same issue with the action button. I wasted a couple of herbs. I hope that can be changed. I didn't get to finish the demo yet. I died a room after the exploding monster.

I did jump once. A cheap one, though. The first monsters that fell through the ceiling made me jump a bit. Perhaps I'm easy.
Daggers
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:23 pm by Daggers
just played it and as a fan of the old ones i think this demo does justice of takin re back to its roots a couple of steps. i do have problems with the controls as you guys talked about. i do agree that the absence of actual zombies is a bit of a let down BUT THEY COULD TURN UP IN THE REAL GAME!!
RDC
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:43 pm by RDC
In most RE games you don't see the wierd monsters till later. I think this game starts out on a boat. I'll bet that's where the Zombies are.
Daggers
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:15 pm by Daggers
ill say that i cant believe that capcom actually did go back to elements of the old school RE. Limited ammo packs, creepy atmosphere, and actually searching through closets and rooms again. Even the controls felt like the old school a bit, only problem i had was already stated about the herb button and such. i dont exspect ink ribbons to return as much as i liked the concept i dont think fans want them to return. ill most likely pick this up on day 1 Yes by vort.
Chipou
Post Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:31 pm by Chipou
...I felt so...slow....
shadowbinder
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:38 am by shadowbinder
I played it. Not what I expected though. I did jump a couple times though lol, especially when the monsters jumped onto me XD
dcj91x
Post Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:49 am by dcj91x
Chipou wrote:
...I felt so...slow....

Should have had an energy drink!
Chipou
Post Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 am by Chipou
dcj91x wrote:
Should have had an energy drink!

But what kind of cruise ship carries five hour energy? not one that has grenades, thats for sure!
RDC
Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:59 am by RDC
IGN gve it an 8.5. I will be getting htis.
Post  by Sponsored content

Resident Evil Revelations Demo

Page 1 of 1