Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ash Lao-Shan Lung.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WorldEaterrr
Popo
WorldEaterrr

Thank you Points : 0

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 6:17 pm

So, considering after my next few quests, I'm going to be fighting the Ash Lao-Shan Lung, I'm in need of some help.

Mainly: Will my Diablos D armor still be good enough?
Will Titernia still work to repel the dragon?
Has anything about it really changed?

If not Titernia, what weapon?
Armor?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 8:26 pm

WorldEaterrr wrote:
So, considering after my next few quests, I'm going to be fighting the Ash Lao-Shan Lung, I'm in need of some help.

Armor?

Thanks.

Yep. Switch to a hammer for Lao though. GS really arent anti lao solo weapons, hammer will net you better results + sitting on his super vulnerable belly.

Diablos D will be your anti-lao shan armor forever. Just be sure to spend spare cash / armor spheres upgrading it when possible (this shouldn't be a priority over your main armor though as upgrading that will always take priority.)

Always go for a pure raw hammer for solo'ing Lao.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo
WorldEaterrr

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 10:14 pm

Nova wrote:
WorldEaterrr wrote:

Armor?

Thanks.

Yep. Switch to a hammer for Lao though. GS really arent anti lao solo weapons, hammer will net you better results + sitting on his super vulnerable belly.

Diablos D will be your anti-lao shan armor forever. Just be sure to spend spare cash / armor spheres upgrading it when possible (this shouldn't be a priority over your main armor though as upgrading that will always take priority.)

Well, currently, the highest raw hammer I have is 884, which is the Anvil Hammer; seems a bit weak in comparison to the 764 ( I think it was ) + 120 Dragon of Titernia. But I could be horribly wrong. Just that it worked both times on the regular Lao. 'course that's a whole different story. Regardless, I'll try to hammer it the next time.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 12:54 am

WorldEaterrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
WorldEaterrr wrote:

Armor?

Thanks.

Well, currently, the highest raw hammer I have is 884, which is the Anvil Hammer; seems a bit weak in comparison to the 764 ( I think it was ) + 120 Dragon of Titernia. But I could be horribly wrong. Just that it worked both times on the regular Lao. 'course that's a whole different story. Regardless, I'll try to hammer it the next time.

Yeah anvil hammer comes out ahead because you can easily triple pound his fat belly for major damage versus needing to actually charge a GS to get a decent hit (inf combo is weak and sucks despite looking cool), which a GS charge probably wont hit his belly if you are under him.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo
WorldEaterrr

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:45 am

Nova wrote:
WorldEaterrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
WorldEaterrr wrote:

Armor?

Thanks.

Yeah anvil hammer comes out ahead because you can easily triple pound his fat belly for major damage versus needing to actually charge a GS to get a decent hit (inf combo is weak and sucks despite looking cool), which a GS charge probably wont hit his belly if you are under him.

Well, you'd be surprised. I've had a lot of success with the GS. You see, when you do the infinite combo you can continually keep going while he's walking. If you get a little bit ahead, you triangle+circle, and if you get really far ahead, you Level 3 GS Charge him. Level 3 GS Charge + six or seven hits on the head will flinch him upon each area being entered, and you can flinch his belly 2-4 times per area, depending on how accurate your hits are, and how frequent.

But I'm going to try the anvil hammer and see what happens. I used it on Gravios earlier, and despite having a hard time hitting him, I still killed him. Even though it took 39 minutes. :c
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 8:53 am

WorldEaterrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
WorldEaterrr wrote:
Nova wrote:
WorldEaterrr wrote:

Armor?

Thanks.

Well, you'd be surprised. I've had a lot of success with the GS. You see, when you do the infinite combo you can continually keep going while he's walking. If you get a little bit ahead, you triangle+circle, and if you get really far ahead, you Level 3 GS Charge him. Level 3 GS Charge + six or seven hits on the head will flinch him upon each area being entered, and you can flinch his belly 2-4 times per area, depending on how accurate your hits are, and how frequent.

But I'm going to try the anvil hammer and see what happens. I used it on Gravios earlier, and despite having a hard time hitting him, I still killed him. Even though it took 39 minutes. :c

Yeah but you can get more flinches with a hammer easy, especially if it's a good one. Hammers are just so wonderfully amazing at solo'ing stuff. Also they come in handy a lot in area 5 when hes actually moving about decently doing his tackles and you can't be on his belly cause you can just charge a super pound or go for a hammer spin, as long as you do a swing finish and not just let it fall, you come out ahead on damage.
Back to top Go down
WorldEaterrr
Popo
WorldEaterrr

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 12:21 am

Well, despite getting smacked by his tail for a whopping 75 damage two times in a row in Area 2, I beat him, and even got an Azure Lao-Shan Shell, despite how useless it is.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 14, 2012 1:28 am

WorldEaterrr wrote:
Well, despite getting smacked by his tail for a whopping 75 damage two times in a row in Area 2, I beat him, and even got an Azure Lao-Shan Shell, despite how useless it is.

Just wait till you get to HR lao and start getting lao rubys, or G rank lao's heavenly scales. Course by G rank Lao you'll be wielding the G rank Nargacuga hammer against him and just wrecking his day.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 2:35 pm

Ah, this is useful for me. I've got the Nekoht Azure Lao mission. Will my Fire Dragonsword still at least repel it or do I have to upgrade it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

3DS friends code:

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
Ah, this is useful for me. I've got the Nekoht Azure Lao mission. Will my Fire Dragonsword still at least repel it or do I have to upgrade it?

Anything can really repel him fine. So you should be okay, upgrading can't hurt if you have spare mats / money though.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2012 11:07 pm

I'm also about to fight a Lao and I have Black Scythe and Kirin armor. Is this good enough to beat it and if not please tell me what I should change.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 3:22 am

basically every thing is good enough for lao, as long as you have enough raw. though I'd recommend Diablos D armor cause it has windproof and you wont be effected by his steps. and as said before, a hammer would be good(but actually you can use quite every weapon) when he's entering the area go for his head or/and use bombs. else just attack the belly and you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
IBGenius
Rhenoplos
IBGenius

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 4:30 am

Now I just need to get some bombs then.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 12:08 pm

if you still gave problems, watch mazereon's lao shan guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ash Lao-Shan Lung.   Ash Lao-Shan Lung. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ash Lao-Shan Lung.
Page 1 of 1