Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mh3u demo oh yeahhh

Go down 
+37
Crystaelis
Yamatsu
Roon
Gian
Gilgames
Anonymin
X Kitsune X
Rowiehz
Kanade
bill_the_noob
It's meh
Dross
Sai_
Jew Wario
Ultimate Jaggi
Dark Angel Frank
Daggers
brokemyfingers
Antari18
Yuki
Ares
Unit33
talonxd93
Jader7777
parasky
laoshanicrus
TKMT
Arkenaw
Snagglux
Lalo
RDC
Edsain
Sephastus
dcj91x
Saisei
anduin55
PAiN---
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

this thursday wo0t! i know there will probably be just a few mission but im VERY excited.

*cue epic Sephiroth music*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch

AuthorMessage
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 4:35 pm

parasky wrote:
Antari18 wrote:
Is it only me or you can't use Circle Pad Pro in this demo on 3DS? What a disappointment, i want to try it to know how it works with Monster Hunter game. Wthout second analog stick, it's like always fighting with awkward controls. On ground with Bunny it's just fine thx to this auto-lock feature. Underwater though it's really, really awkward.
It's really not acceptable for there to be no circle pad support where the Resident Evil Revelations demo has support for that, considering that they are both made by capcom.

The only way to play the demo with two sticks is playing the wii u version :/

... the RE demo came out before the 3DSxl which currently does not have the CPP attachment available.. That may or may not have something to do with it. The CPPxl will be released in EU at launch for MH3U on the 3DS though no date for the US release of it has been given.

Though yes I know it shouldn't matter, Capcom has left things out before for one group if it was not available to everyone.. even in demos.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:51 pm

Is it me or is the camera REALLY bow/bowgun's zoom-in camera sensitive on the Wii-U version? It's really hard to adjust...
Back to top Go down
brokemyfingers
Kelbi
brokemyfingers

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Saisei wrote:
Is it me or is the camera REALLY bow/bowgun's zoom-in camera sensitive on the Wii-U version? It's really hard to adjust...

I tried the bow since I never used it before and you are right the zoom in camera is way too sensitive. Also there were few moments where the FPS would drop.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 6:15 pm

brokemyfingers wrote:
Saisei wrote:

I tried the bow since I never used it before and you are right the zoom in camera is way too sensitive. Also there were few moments where the FPS would drop.

It's like I try to turn using the left stick to turn and adjust and I can only turn in 90 degree angles while zoomed in.
Back to top Go down
Daggers
Popo
Daggers

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 7:55 pm

played the 3ds demo today controls felt weird at first for a lil bit, but it didn't take to long to catch on to(still prefer dual sticks). Love the demo though felt good to hunt again, First time I ever fought a Plesioth thought he was gonna be alot harder. cant wait for the final release
Back to top Go down
Dark Angel Frank
Aptonoth

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm

I tried the 3DS demo and it was great! Sure the controls were odd and swimming was a bother, but after a while you'll feel right at home.

Even in the new games, I'm still loving the Switch Ax. I wanna try to get the hang of the Bow more.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 8:40 pm

Well, I'm happy to say that for my birthday, my brother let me borrow his 3DS XL with the demo, and I've been playing non-stop. And I have to say that I love this demo! The biggest obstacle for me, however, has definitely been adjusting to the controls. (I'll shamefully admit that it took my a good 10 minutes to learn how to apply the coating to bows... even after reading the manual! t.t ) Not that the controls are bad, it'd just taking me awhile to translate my skill into the new controls. Plus swimming is really problematic... I'm sure once I (eventually) get the full version, with the ability to add a second analog stick, it'll get much easier.
BTW the returning weapons are fun. I can't wait to fully master them!
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:29 pm

Gamepad takes quite a bit of getting used to. Lagombi fell quickly. Plesioth I haven't tried. Would've played with my cc pro but it's broken.

Once you get used to the gamepad it's pretty good. Still feel as though the cc pro would be better because of the smaller size.
Back to top Go down
Jew Wario
Aptonoth
Jew Wario

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 9:58 pm

Antari18 wrote:
Is it only me or you can't use Circle Pad Pro in this demo on 3DS? What a disappointment, i want to try it to know how it works with Monster Hunter game. Wthout second analog stick, it's like always fighting with awkward controls. On ground with Bunny it's just fine thx to this auto-lock feature. Underwater though it's really, really awkward.
Trust me, you'll get used to the virtual D-pad very quickly. It's responsive and works very well. It might seem a little odd since you can't 'sense' the physical pad... but it works well.
Back to top Go down
http://youcanplaythis.com/
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:17 pm

Played the 3DS demo. It seems to be an early build of Tri G? I suppose that's why the fps is not constant. I hope the final product will fix that up a bit.

I grabbed the Dual Swords and I couldn't stop swinging! XD
That Gunlance will take some time getting used to, but it feels so powerful...
And the Hunting Horn.... I'm loving that weapon.
The slide pad makes aiming with the bow a bit inaccurate. It'll take some time to get used to.
Heavy Bowgun feels so awesome when you lock down and fire.
Couldn't find the option to move my health bar or other stuff onto the touchscreen... I'm guessing that's not in the demo.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:40 pm

Arkenaw wrote:
oh man, reading about these people struggling through the demo and running out of time on plessy is absolutely precious
Back to top Go down
Dross
Aptonoth

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:42 pm

The demo has been nice. Took some doing gettin used to the controls. With the proper camera set ups and all it only took a couple battles to get rabbitbear in under ten minutes. Still struggling with underwater combat, that's going to take some getting used too. Hopefully the circle controller will improve that on the XL.
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 10:49 pm

Wow, the left d-pad is pretty much unusable, I'm gonna need a circle pad pro, because user water movement is a pain without good camera control.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:06 am

Sai_ wrote:
Arkenaw wrote:
oh man, reading about these people struggling through the demo and running out of time on plessy is absolutely precious
I took roughly 16-17 minutes on my first Plesioth...
I was using the Long Sword during the time and wasn't familiar with the underwater controls yet.

(either the LS got a bit weaker or [strike]I suck at using it[/stike] the changed spirit bar system threw me off.
I beat Plesioth within 15 minutes using the gunlance, but I carted once on it compared to no carts with the LS lol
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:12 am

If the new ls change threw you off, then good. It means you were a noob with ls before because spirit spam was the only thing you knew.
The ls is just as strong as it was in tri.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 am

Sai_ wrote:
If the new ls change threw you off, then good. It means you were a noob with ls before because spirit spam was the only thing you knew.

/noob with ls because spirit spam when spirit spam was the strongest move = no sense.
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:41 am

I agree whether it is sarcastic or not. You are limiting yourself with ls if spamming the spirit button is the only thing you know
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 12:54 am

Ares wrote:
Wow, the left d-pad is pretty much unusable, I'm gonna need a circle pad pro, because user water movement is a pain without good camera control.

How often did you use the lock on during underwater combat? It seemed to help out quite a but. As far as the left d pad, yes it did do to much but the touch screen one worked ok for me. The lock on was the most helpful though. All together it wasn't that bad. Playable without the attachment but I can see how most would prefer to use it.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 1:03 am

Played the WiiU demo, took me two quest to get me used to the camera on land, the camera in water is just... ehhh I am working on it.
with this demo, I can say that my weapon are going to be:
Long Sword-Hammer-Hunting Horn-switch axe-gunlance-bow-double swords-lance-Great sword-sword and shield-bowguns

I am glad that they gave you enought retrys
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 3:15 am

Sai_ wrote:
Eeyup. A super noob with the LS.

I tried picking up the spirit combo after the Plesioth tipped over with the spirit finisher. Silly me thought it continue lol.
Same thing happened when I flinched Plesioth. I end up trying to "spirit spam" when the opportunity called for it, but I ended up looking like a fool standing on the field.

The LS feels so different now and will take a while to get used to.
I would stand up and say I'm not a ls noob who spams spirit combos, but internet anonymous status and things prevent me from redeeming myself with just words. :P
Maybe we could play MH Tri together?
Sai_ wrote:
You sure? Then damn...
I thought it wouldn't, considering the purple spirit bar made you as strong as using adrenaline. Hell, stronger than the adrenaline+2 boost(purple with the middle of blade, I think? I'm not certain).
If that power stayed in Tri Ultimate, I'd imagine the LS to be stronger, considering losing the purple spirit bar is no longer a damage reducing threat. You go back to yellow and can go straight back to adrenaline-besting purple bar... not like in Tri, where if you lose Purple, you have to build your strength starting from nothing.
That's my opinion on the strength of the LS. I'd be quite surprised if the LS's strength in Ultimate is the same as Tri's.

Regardless, I should get to practicing the LS.
SnS took a little re-adjusting with the revolving slice, since I was used to pressing + to use it in my comboes... Now I use the tilt slidepad down method.
I'm a little upset that I can't walk into a rising slice with SnS now.
Oh well, it doesn't affect me too much...
Back to top Go down
Edsain
Melynx
Edsain

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 6:29 am

after reading this its good to know its the bows problem not mine that i cant fckin aim the rain of arrows correctly

anyway ive been trying the weapons a lot and noticed theres no minus button attack so i cant use the charge attack on swax or circular strike with sns gg capcom

my friend and i were playing together through skype and what surprised me is that he was handling plessy preety good and already knew how snowman status workd i was like wtf
he ended up losing plessy but he defeated tony hawk at his second hunt
i think i have succeeded in adding a hunter to our world (evil laughs )
Back to top Go down
bill_the_noob
Bnahabra
bill_the_noob

Thank you Points : 17

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): France

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:04 am

so i tried the wii u version
- the wiiu gamepad is almost unusable for me, so i used wiimote+Classic Controler;
wiimote + nunchuk sadly doesnt work, i hope it will in the full version
both monsters, new for me, are fun to fight; graphics are nice
a few notes on the weapons :

LS :
i really like the new LS behavior, although the first time i use it i didnt even manage to do a full spirit combo lol;
the new behavior is nice since you cant spirit spam (the gauge decreases) and red bar goes down to yellow;

hammer :
i think the exhaust works faster than in tri; in tri, unless i was soloing jho with a hammer, i couldnt see a huge difference in "time to exhaust" between hammer VS cutting weap
in contrast, lagombi & plesioth started drooling pretty fast with hammer

hunting horn :
it looks really fun, but i think it will take time to master; i'm talking about basic attacks/combos (not even speaking of the music thing lol )

lance
killer as one should expect, plesioth died fast

dual swords
slash slash slash, i dont think i will use that

need to test bow, gunlance, and practice HH a bit more
Back to top Go down
Kanade
Seregios
Kanade

Thank you Points : 174

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 am

bill_the_noob wrote:
so i tried the wii u version
- the wiiu gamepad is almost unusable for me, so i used wiimote+Classic Controler;

Thanks for confirming this, bill-san!
Back to top Go down
https://xmaskanade.tumblr.com
Rowiehz
Melynx
Rowiehz

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 9:00 am

I've played the demo on both the 3DS and Wii U today and I gotta say I (so far) favor the 3DS version more because of the controls. The gamepad of the Wii U was practically unusable for me, might need some more practise to get used to it though. Or just use the classic controller of the Wii, so if it really doesn't get any better I will just resort to that.

I like the fact that you can just select the item you want to use/take on the pad though. That's probably my favorite thing of the entire pad. And kicking.

I am getting the circle pad pro for the 3DS though. I was comfortable enough using the 3DS controls, except the camera needs some practise. I hope it'll get easier to play with it and I'm just curious of how it alters gameplay in the first place c:

Only used the hammer for both the 3DS and Wii U so far. Looking forward to try the other ones soon~

In any case, I CANT WAIT FOR LATE MARCH. /Excitement /yes/

Back to top Go down
http://rowiehz.tumblr.com/
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2013 10:17 am

TKMT wrote:
Sai_ wrote:
Eeyup. A super noob with the LS.

I tried picking up the spirit combo after the Plesioth tipped over with the spirit finisher. Silly me thought it continue lol.
Same thing happened when I flinched Plesioth. I end up trying to "spirit spam" when the opportunity called for it, but I ended up looking like a fool standing on the field.

The LS feels so different now and will take a while to get used to.
I would stand up and say I'm not a ls noob who spams spirit combos, but internet anonymous status and things prevent me from redeeming myself with just words. :P
Maybe we could play MH Tri together?
Sai_ wrote:
You sure? Then damn...
I thought it wouldn't, considering the purple spirit bar made you as strong as using adrenaline. Hell, stronger than the adrenaline+2 boost(purple with the middle of blade, I think? I'm not certain).
If that power stayed in Tri Ultimate, I'd imagine the LS to be stronger, considering losing the purple spirit bar is no longer a damage reducing threat. You go back to yellow and can go straight back to adrenaline-besting purple bar... not like in Tri, where if you lose Purple, you have to build your strength starting from nothing.
That's my opinion on the strength of the LS. I'd be quite surprised if the LS's strength in Ultimate is the same as Tri's.

Regardless, I should get to practicing the LS.
SnS took a little re-adjusting with the revolving slice, since I was used to pressing + to use it in my comboes... Now I use the tilt slidepad down method.
I'm a little upset that I can't walk into a rising slice with SnS now.
Oh well, it doesn't affect me too much...

LS feels different it's not as fluid anymore not talking about spirit spam. Feels a bit more like the longswords from unite. Got it down after two hunts though. Purple spirit bar is nowhere near that strong also just feels that way but adrenaline +2 has a larger boost.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mh3u demo oh yeahhh
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next