Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mh3u demo oh yeahhh

Go down 
+37
Crystaelis
Yamatsu
Roon
Gian
Gilgames
Anonymin
X Kitsune X
Rowiehz
Kanade
bill_the_noob
It's meh
Dross
Sai_
Jew Wario
Ultimate Jaggi
Dark Angel Frank
Daggers
brokemyfingers
Antari18
Yuki
Ares
Unit33
talonxd93
Jader7777
parasky
laoshanicrus
TKMT
Arkenaw
Snagglux
Lalo
RDC
Edsain
Sephastus
dcj91x
Saisei
anduin55
PAiN---
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 2:44 pm

First topic message reminder :

this thursday wo0t! i know there will probably be just a few mission but im VERY excited.

*cue epic Sephiroth music*
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch

AuthorMessage
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 5:55 am

I was thinking of this but i think that Dual Blades will be the weapon I will excel at using in this game. It seems with each game a different weapon class is more my proficiency. Let me elucidate.

Monster Hunter Freedom - Light Bowguns

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - Bows

Monster Hunter Tri - Switch Axes and Lance

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - Bows

While I am serviceable with other weapons I have pretty few main weapons that I will regularly use. I think I should play the Demo but use the Dual Blades to see if I do better with them.
Back to top Go down
PossiblyDextrose
Kelbi
PossiblyDextrose

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 6:57 am

I've been playing the 3DS Demo for the few days its been released. And I must say, the controls turned out to be absolutely incredible somehow!
After a few rounds with the Lagombi and Plesioth, I learned how to abuse the virtual D-Pad and lock-on feature, which really helps a ton. I just need to figure out how to remember the controls and to aim the Bow with the D-Pad.

I'm glad using the weapons I've never used before wasn't a pain, I'm really excited to use the Hunting Horn in the full game.

Also, it freaked me out a bit to see the Plesioth swimming so fast underwater... I know it's a leviathan, but... *shiver*
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 10:14 am

PossiblyDextrose wrote:
I've been playing the 3DS Demo for the few days its been released. And I must say, the controls turned out to be absolutely incredible somehow!
After a few rounds with the Lagombi and Plesioth, I learned how to abuse the virtual D-Pad and lock-on feature, which really helps a ton. I just need to figure out how to remember the controls and to aim the Bow with the D-Pad.

I'm glad using the weapons I've never used before wasn't a pain, I'm really excited to use the Hunting Horn in the full game.

Also, it freaked me out a bit to see the Plesioth swimming so fast underwater... I know it's a leviathan, but... *shiver*

Piscine wyvern actually. Same family as delex
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 11:11 am

TKMT wrote:
o_o

Then I don't even...

I tried a wyvern egg and it didn't allow me to deliver...

EDIT: I found out you can put choice mushrooms and unique mushrooms in the box as well...
It seems that the account items you gather during quests can be placed into the red box to earn more money than being stuck carrying 10 [insert item] in your pouch for money... pretty neat.

Still no use of the "deliver" option yet...
I can give cha-cha and kayamba a well done steak, so give is useable.

I guess Capcom decided to render "deliver" unusable in the demo.

Or it's only an option for moga village..

Or it's only for sub quests and main quests and not just meager account items...

Idk if you played, but this feature was also in MHP3. And yes, very helpful indeed. I still have no idea what it is used for, I'm waiting for someone more eager than me to do the research for me. *cough* dcj *cough* xDD
Back to top Go down
Ares
Seregios
Ares

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 1:27 pm

Roon wrote:
I was thinking of this but i think that Dual Blades will be the weapon I will excel at using in this game. It seems with each game a different weapon class is more my proficiency. Let me elucidate.

Monster Hunter Freedom - Light Bowguns

Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - Bows

Monster Hunter Tri - Switch Axes and Lance

Monster Hunter Portable 3rd - Bows

While I am serviceable with other weapons I have pretty few main weapons that I will regularly use. I think I should play the Demo but use the Dual Blades to see if I do better with them.

I know what you mean. I've played through a number of the mh games and my specialties were:

Mhfu: Great sword/hammer
Mh3 : long sword/Lance
Mhp3rd: bow/gun lance.

And after a lot of though, I looked at a lot of the choices I haven't used a lot. I've used dual swords for fun, and I've lance efficiently in both mh3 and p3rd, but never before have I had the chance to effectively use the hunting horn. It is for this reason that I have decided to mainly focus on the HH for mh3u, and I also decided I would focus on weapons I used the least in the other games. So the heavy bow gun is going to be my secondary, while I will minor in bows, dual swords, and Sns.
This doesn't mean I won't have other weapons though, I will still end up using every weapon a some point. Although I will say that I will use the gun lance and SWAX the least of all. I don't liek the swax a lot, and I'm just bored of the gl after p3rd.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AresTheAwesome?feature=mhsn
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 2:57 pm

You will love the HH. Many people doubt it's capabilites but really its a amazing weapon.

Since I got into gunning in Tri, my focus has always been to melee my way to G-Rank. Then after upgrading all of melee weapons, i start to make my bowguns.

Also, how many people here play the 3DS version of the demo on 3d mode?? i think it's cool and all but the fact that the screen blurs when u move it slightly left or right ruins it for me.. so just play in standard mode. Does anyone else have this problem? I just got the 3DS a month ago, maybe i should go watch a movie in 3D and keep the glasses lmao.
Back to top Go down
Esham
Aptonoth

Thank you Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Having a blast with the demo. My first plesioth hunt was brutal though. Swimming and camera use made my an angry person for a bit. But my MH vet friend told me to claw or use the virtual D-pad.

Instead i went out and got a XL which has a much larger Dpad. Now i swim and move the camera like a champ although i am gunning so it may be more user friendly being away from the monster.

But still, i swore i couldn't go in water without a CPP. Now i probably won't even buy one as i am used to virtual dpad.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2013 4:30 pm

3DS controls do need some practice, then it will feel fluent. The targeting system helps a lot if u take advantage of that. Clawing was more for the PSP versions tho.. pretty hard to try it on 3ds.

Last edited by PAiN--- on Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Archie
Melynx
Archie

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 10:31 am

PAiN--- wrote:

Also, how many people here play the 3DS version of the demo on 3d mode?? i think it's cool and all but the fact that the screen blurs when u move it slightly left or right ruins it for me.. so just play in standard mode. Does anyone else have this problem? I just got the 3DS a month ago, maybe i should go watch a movie in 3D and keep the glasses lmao.

I got used to the 3D after awhile, it really is perfectly fine after awhile it just takes getting used to. But it is a preference really, I use it about half the time.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2013 1:08 pm

Archie wrote:
PAiN--- wrote:

I got used to the 3D after awhile, it really is perfectly fine after awhile it just takes getting used to. But it is a preference really, I use it about half the time.

There is also a difference in the 3D on the 3DS and 3DSxl versions.. I have owned/own both and on some games the 3DSxl is a lot more forgiving on the angles and movement. With MH3U I can often move and shift a lot more (I still jump out of the way thinking this will help my character jump out of the way as well.) and the 3D effect is not lost as easily and recovers quicker.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Has anyone experienced a glitch where underwater, you can get plesioth stuck on a piece sticking out near the fish spot..? (i know, horrible way of explaining it)

but if u can get him in a certain angle, he will try to swim forward which blocks him for a long time, he eventually can swim out of it, but he doesnt not try to attack allowing of multiple hits.

i will try making a video of this.
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 3:52 pm

PAiN--- wrote:
Has anyone experienced a glitch where underwater, you can get plesioth stuck on a piece sticking out near the fish spot..? (i know, horrible way of explaining it)

but if u can get him in a certain angle, he will try to swim forward which blocks him for a long time, he eventually can swim out of it, but he doesnt not try to attack allowing of multiple hits.

i will try making a video of this.

Are you talking about area 11 (the area before Lagiacrus' cave) along the invisible wall towards the right? If so, then yes...it's happened a couple of times. It was actually the only way I can kill Plesioth in under 10 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Jader7777
Cephalos
Jader7777

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

Yes I have had Plesioth get stuck on lots of underwater objects. Sometimes he's only stuck for a few seconds but I know the pillar between the entrance to area 11 and the area underwater where the Plesioth needs to be to jump out onto land is a prime spot for it to glitch out and be stuck swimming into the pillar for over several minutes.

CAPACOM PROFESHONALZ
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:53 pm

It's the demo , you know ..
I believe they will be able to fix glitches with downloadable patches if someone would report the issue.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:57 pm

Lucas wrote:
It's the demo , you know ..
I believe they will be able to fix glitches with downloadable patches if someone would report the issue.

I know that, I'm sure and hope it is, like the Rare Lagiacrus wall glitch in the japanese version. Was just wondering if anyone else has seen this.

but from what you guys are talking about, no i havent seen anything in area 11.

also, has anyone had their screen completley go black for a few seconds? o.O
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 8:48 pm

I've never experienced that Plesioth glitch.

However, I have experienced one glitch with him... When he was fatigue and tried to jump on land, he would miss the jump and stand on the edge of the shore, then instantly start swimming again as if it never happened. XD
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:25 pm

Its area 10, right beside the fish spot on the left. there is a pillar that sticks out, and if u angle him right, he will try to charge and gets stuck for awhile.

Also, ive played the demo on gamepad, controller pro for wiiu, and classic controller pro. i love the classic pro because the analog sticks are on the bottom, the wiiu pro controller feels good to use, and the gamepad i dont really use, i was waiting for the actual game to customize the screen. so far on the demo tho i use the wiiu controller pro most of the time, what do u guys use?
Back to top Go down
Saisei
Felyne
Saisei

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 1:38 pm

^Pretty much the same opinion here. I'm not a big fan of the Gamepad on the Wii-U, but the Pro Controller does feel nice. The 3DS version is what I'm wating for though. I have a CPP for the 3DS XL and I can't wait to customize the touch screen. I think I'll primarily be using the touch pad on the Wii-U as a keyboard though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mh3u demo oh yeahhh   mh3u demo oh yeahhh - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mh3u demo oh yeahhh
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6