Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
what is a good sword and shield weapon? Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
what is a good sword and shield weapon? Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

what is a good sword and shield weapon?

Go down 
+2
Sai_
Neos2525
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Neos2525
Kelbi
Neos2525

Thank you Points : 0

what is a good sword and shield weapon? Empty
PostSubject: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:00 am

Well i would like to know what are some good SAS are and also some  great swords I am just getting back in this game so i would like the help thanks in advance (oh also can you recommend am 2 rank mission thank you again)
Back to top Go down
Sai_
Seltas Queen
Sai_

Thank you Points : 19

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): U.S.A

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:20 am

Choose the one that has the highest element to the corresponding weakness.
Back to top Go down
Martoboyo
Aptonoth
Martoboyo

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Netherlands

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 10:38 am

SnS revolve around Element or Status, so the more of either, the better. Don't neglect raw though, because you will not always have the reach to get to a monster's elemental weakspot.
Basically, here's a list of the best elemental/status Sns:
Fire: Bone Kris -> Bone Kris+ -> Bone Tomahawk -> Bone Tomahawk+ -> Qurupeco Chopper -> Djinn ----> Golden Radius. Megiddo Edge is also good, but unavailable until the final G-Rank quests. Fire is pretty rare on SnS.

Water: Sea Striker ----> Arken Duelcalion. Odyssey Blade has superior element but slightly lower raw, but requires Awakening, which is, like the weapon itself, unavailable until G-Rank. Bone Kris -> Bone Kris+ -> Ludroth's Nail -> Royal Claw ----> Harmetristesse is a good alternative if you don't like farming (Goldbeard) Ceadeus.

Thunder: This one's a little more difficult. There are 5 end-game Thunder SnS. The only Low-Rank Thunder SnS is Bone Kris -> Bone Kris+ -> Bone Tomahawk -> Bone Tomahawk+ -> Lagia Sword ----> Neodignis Whitebolt. Neodignis Whitebolt can be upgraded to Nether Lifesword or Nether Maestral; the former has slightly less raw and element than the latter, but is slightly easier to get. Hunter's Knife -> Soldier's Dagger -> Commander's Dagger -> Hypnos Knife -> Azi Dahaka -> Azi Dahaka+ -> Usurper's Firebolt (yes, it's Thunder element) -> Despot's Crookbolt -> Oppressor's Bounty has a lot of element, but is a little lacking in Raw. Sanctioned Sword has even more element, but has also even less raw. Finally, there is Qurupeco's Flight -> Qurupeco's Blight, which is unavailable until early G-Rank. It's better than the High Rank versions of the aforementioned weapons, but inferior to their fully upgraded versions. Personally, I prefer the Nether Lifesword (haven't had the time to farm for Nether Maetral yet), because it's the most balanced of them all.

Ice: apparently, Capcom hates the cold, so MH3U has few good Ice weapons. The only 2 good late-game Ice weapons are Hunter's Knife -> Hunter's Knife+ -> Hunter's Dagger -> Assassin's Dagger -> Icicle Spike ---> Nardebosche -> Nardebosche+ ----> Gran Bhavani. And Tusk Gear ----> Chalcomatia, which requires Awakening though. Both lack very high element, but they have good raw. Only the former is available before G-Rank. And oh, ya, there's the Secta Nulo -> Secta Una ---> Secta Du (W), but you shouldn't get this one unless you are very, very, very, and I'm talking VERY desperate for 3 Slots on your weapon.

Dragon: there are 3 good late-game weapons with Dragon Element. Worn Sword ---> Divine Insodus has a truly ridiculous amount of Dragon (700), but like no raw at allJhen Kodachi ---> Earthsbane Gladiolus has very good raw, but mediocre element. Finally, there is Alatreon Sword ---> Altheos Zodiarch, which has good raw and good element. The Altheos Zodiarch is the best of the 3, but by far the most difficult to get. Oh, and if you happen to stumble upon a Rusted Sword before G-Rank, feel free to upgrade it. It's decent enough, though like it's Ancient counterpart, has low raw and high element.

Ugh, too much time spend here. Maybe I'll post the best status weapons here later, but for now, this will have to do.
Back to top Go down
Neos2525
Kelbi
Neos2525

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 15, 2013 6:46 pm

Ahhh thank you so much this did help looks like am going for the Nether Lifesword thank you again!
Back to top Go down
Enkidu
Melynx
Enkidu

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 16, 2013 11:24 pm

As has been stated element / status is more important with SnS than any other weapon, so you'll want at least a few so you can use something appropriate.

If you were going to go with just one I'd suggest the Hunter's Knife>Shadow Saber>Hellnox Epee, there aren't many monsters that poison is bad for, and a few where it works really well.

I'd back it up with Hunter's Knife>Icicle Spike>Gran Bhavani, it's got good sharpness and nice affinity boost; and Bone Kris>Quru Chopper>Corona.  With those 3 you'll have good options for almost every monster.
Back to top Go down
haruno
Shagaru Magala
haruno

Thank you Points : 192

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 4:39 am

KIRITO doesn't use a shield noob.
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 8:13 am

the bug sns....do eet!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 10:00 am

divine insodus is quite good. Only SnS i use and I use it with element attack +1 honed blade
Back to top Go down
Neos2525
Kelbi
Neos2525

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 6:05 am

If I could use 1 handed swords I would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what is a good sword and shield weapon?   what is a good sword and shield weapon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is a good sword and shield weapon?
Page 1 of 1