Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster

Go down 
+3
Tomderdepp
Amaku
Jake Johnson
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Jake Johnson
Khezu

Thank you Points : 0

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Empty
PostSubject: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 7:07 pm

I was just fighting Volvidon in MH3U, and I watched him fire his tongue at me, knocking me down.

From that I thought, in the next game, why not have a monster that would require you to be swallowed by it in order to fight it properly (for example, it has hide that is just too powerful for any weapons to penetrate, but its insides are easy enough to kill.)

Something like a giant Volvodon, for example. Once swallowed, you'll have to knock out a few internal organs (stomach, liver, and heart, for example) in order to make sure it is dead.
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Wouldn't that take too long though? Unless you can get like an hour limit. But still, unless the only thing he does is swallow you, then it probably would take too long, cause he can spit you out. Maybe crawl in to it if it's tired? Idk. Also, wouldn't he have to attack on the inside? He'll probably have Stench Glands and everything like that in him.

You could probably shoot him with Tranq Arrows on the inside when he's tired to make him immediately fall asleep(not ending the mission) so you can land a couple of hits on him(or Tranq Bombs). I'd say this "Giant" Volvidon is able to be attacked inside and out. Swallowing you could just be a move. Cause unless his only move is to swallow you from the outside then attack from the inside, I don't see that working very well.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:09 am

I'm rather seeing nibelsnarf here instead of volvidon or a giant elder dragon. but a fight from the inside could be a nice feature, though I'm not sure if it would fit MH, as MH always tries to keep every thing as realistic as possible and getting swallowed alive and continuing fighting from the inside doesn't strike me as too realistic,
also I'm pretty sure that the camera would be quite problematic in such a tight space.
Back to top Go down
mrpogo
Aptonoth
mrpogo

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 am

An idea for MH5? MH4 is already out and this does not exist
Back to top Go down
Jake Johnson
Khezu

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 11:18 am

I was not aware that MH4 was out already. Thank you for correcting me.
Back to top Go down
mrpogo
Aptonoth
mrpogo

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 3:18 pm

Jake Johnson wrote:
I was not aware that MH4 was out already.  Thank you for correcting me.

Well in Japan and Korea anyway. I kinda like your idea but I dont think all the battle should take place there. Maybe if it limits you to being swallowed once per quest and you have a limited amount of time in there to do damage or mine rare ores. A bit like Jhen Moran maybe
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:24 pm

Jake Johnson wrote:
I was just fighting Volvidon in MH3U, and I watched him fire his tongue at me, knocking me down.

From that I thought, in the next game, why not have a monster that would require you to be swallowed by it in order to fight it properly (for example, it has hide that is just too powerful for any weapons to penetrate, but its insides are easy enough to kill.)

Something like a giant Volvodon, for example.  Once swallowed, you'll have to knock out a few internal organs (stomach, liver, and heart, for example) in order to make sure it is dead.

Though not possible for MH4 as stated, the online versions of MH can always recieve updates. But the mechanics would peobably requier it to be a very... very large monster in order for this to work.
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:34 pm

i could also imagine it like the final showdown when fighting jhen.
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 4:57 pm

That would be a perfect place to cook my steaks
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:04 pm

lament*
Back to top Go down
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 5:55 pm

It would be pretty cool to add in an air battle feature too. I think under water battles were taken out(thank god personally)? So why not replace that with Air Battles.

One off-topic question. If you're doing a quest with multiple monsters, are the monsters able to hurt each other? Cause I only see them just move out of the way of them when they get hit..
Back to top Go down
PAiN---
Rathian
PAiN---

Thank you Points : 9

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:39 pm

Air battles would really change the way mh is meant to be played. And yes monster do damage other monsters
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/757PAiN?feature=watch
Amaku
Bnahabra
Amaku

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 pm

I don't mean like every type of flying monster that uses flying to flee, like Rathalos for example. I don't mean you can stop him from fleeing by going up there and fighting him. I mean like new types of monsters specifically for Air Battles. Like Jhen, with a battleship or Hang Glider or something.
Back to top Go down
DarkFallinRain
Popo
DarkFallinRain

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 1:41 pm

I heard that in monster hunter online, there is a monster that will require 24 hunters to hunt it,and it says that the monster is extremely large,so who knows. It sounds pretty interesting for a battle inside the beast,maybe have a a team of hunters inside the beast,while another team is fighting it on the outside. I also think that this may be the monster
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131106142716/monsterhunter/images/1/14/MHOL-Loading_Screen_Art_005.png
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster   Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Idea for MH4 - Fighting while swallowed by a monster
Page 1 of 1