Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Official English Names - Page 2 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Official English Names - Page 2 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Official English Names

Go down 
+12
Ataraxia
TKMT
Lucas
Amaku
Antari18
MHWF
Shiera
Lalo
Yuki
DanielisAwesome52
Bidoof
Tomderdepp
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

Thank you Points : 15

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): EU

Official English Names - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2014 3:33 am

First topic message reminder :

On the MH facebook page they just announced the english names for the Insect Monsters Aruserutasu and Generu Serutasu in the westeren (at least english) version they are gonna be called Seltas and Seltas Queen.

i made this thread to discuss the namechanges and share other ones when they are anounced.

To be honest i don't like the english names
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 2:47 pm

Nova wrote:
The excuse they have no room is bullshit, Freedom Unite had room and that was a smaller screen.

I know right, such a shitty excuse!!!! On a totally unrelated note what should I make with my LAO-SHANHVNLYSCL? I spent all day farming for UKANLOSUNDERSCLs and THCKLAVASIOTHSCLs.
Back to top Go down
MHWF
MHWikiForums
MHWF

Thank you Points : 31

3DS friends code: 4468-1021-0797
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): US

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 09, 2014 3:45 pm

That's a mouthfull Willshanuklostcksiothcios... You should probably make a Dung Bomb.
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 6:05 pm

dcj91x wrote:
^ no.. not everyone has and they try to make it fair to evryone which is rather considerate of them. Also no matter what they name something not everyone will be happy, I mean Rathalos?? Really?

I give them credit overall, considering they have to keep in mind all the different western regions they have to keep in mind and all the different "slang" they have to work around to get the game aproved for each country without having to change the game and have difernt names in every city/state/county just to make it suit everyone. If they did that, we'd never get the game I mean ***** all of that work .. wait sorry I bleped out the word "after"...

Anyways I think you get my point. It takes a lot of work to come up with the translations of names they do and though not all of them are that freat at least they are better in 4U than in 3/3U. And Nova, comenting on what you said about the "Spanish" sounding names, it makes sense IMO. Spanish is technically the most spoken language in the western world and highly accepted. Using more names leaning towards that leads to a less lickely chance of words that are missinterpruted as something else. Overall the thought putinto this set of monsters so far is well done.

Doesn't matter what you say about spanish, the game isn't marketed to them. It's marketed to the audiences of America and Europe, with a few other areas. But the primary targets / the largest targets, aka the playerbases of America and Europe, are primarily English speaking.

Thus the translation names should be more English based.
Back to top Go down
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 3:26 pm

Nova wrote:
dcj91x wrote:
^ no.. not everyone has and they try to make it fair to evryone which is rather considerate of them. Also no matter what they name something not everyone will be happy, I mean Rathalos?? Really?

I give them credit overall, considering they have to keep in mind all the different western regions they have to keep in mind and all the different "slang" they have to work around to get the game aproved for each country without having to change the game and have difernt names in every city/state/county just to make it suit everyone. If they did that, we'd never get the game I mean ***** all of that work .. wait sorry I bleped out the word "after"...

Anyways I think you get my point. It takes a lot of work to come up with the translations of names they do and though not all of them are that freat at least they are better in 4U than in 3/3U. And Nova, comenting on what you said about the "Spanish" sounding names, it makes sense IMO. Spanish is technically the most spoken language in the western world and highly accepted. Using more names leaning towards that leads to a less lickely chance of words that are missinterpruted as something else. Overall the thought putinto this set of monsters so far is well done.

Doesn't matter what you say about spanish, the game isn't marketed to them. It's marketed to the audiences of America and Europe, with a few other areas. But the primary targets / the largest targets, aka the playerbases of America and Europe, are primarily English speaking.

Thus the translation names should be more English based.
God no then they'd be bland as fuck.
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2014 10:42 pm

kechawacha is known as kecha wacha.
i really dont like the space...
Back to top Go down
DanielisAwesome52
Cephalos
DanielisAwesome52

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 5:17 am

Bidoof wrote:
kechawacha is known as kecha wacha.
i really dont like the space...

Americans aren't smart when it comes to pronunciation, take your name for example, is it Bid-oof, Bi-doof, or Bid-doof? Same thing with Watchog from Pokemon also, Watch-hog or Watch-og?

I'd imagine without it we'd have one group calling it Kecha Wacha, and another calling it Kechew-Acha, and both bickering about the right one
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 10:05 am

There will be 88 monsters in this game, more than in Freedom Unite. Are we all happy about this or what?
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

Thank you Points : 284

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 10:09 am

Roon wrote:
There will be 88 monsters in this game, more than in Freedom Unite. Are we all happy about this or what?

88 as of right now.. it's still in development so there could be more. Also there's more areas, a lot of weapons and armors even from monsters not in the game... and much more.

And no, people will always complain about some something. It's not because they don't like the game or won't like it it's just because they.. well just complain. I think even if everything were perfect they would still find something wrong.

"This game is too perfect it sucks." "It should have been on XXX systen it sucks.."

You know, the normal stuff, nothing that really matter because some people are going to like it some people wont you can't please everyone. We are all different.

I want' 88 and 1/2 monsters ;)
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 pm

"only" 88? i thought we already had more...

before the new trailer we the count was at 86 according to dcj,s "let's learn about MH4G" thread. in the trailer alone there are 3 returning monsters (black diablos, blue yian kutku, plum diamo hermitaur) not sure if black tigrex was in 4 or confirmed before. also are the small hermitaurs already counted? not sure if we have seen them anywhere before...
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 2:04 pm

The count stands at:

MH4U: 88 (still in development)

MH4: 72

MH3U: 73

Tri: 35

MHfu: 81

They did show 3 new monsters in the video.. however, for 4 "Ultimate" 1 was new for the west and 2 were new/returning for both japan and the west in g and U making the count go from 86 to 88 not 86 to 89.. (i'll have to double check on some of it to be sure though but 88 is the correct count as of now)
Back to top Go down
Roon
Shagaru Magala
Roon

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 11:09 am

So which monsters confirmed are you the most excited to see?

Me it has to be Yian Kutku, Yian Garuga, Kushala Daora and the Fatalises.
Back to top Go down
Phazon Xenomorph
Admin
Phazon Xenomorph

Thank you Points : 97

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:33 pm

I wish i could go into the files and edit the monsters to be harder lol. I mean I'm sure there will be an event quest or two like Super Brachy or Super Zinogre from 3U, but I want MORE!
Back to top Go down
Tomderdepp
Seltas
Tomderdepp

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:52 am

The new moster, that is also the flagshipmonster of 4G in japan has a Name:
“Thousand Blade Dragon, Serlegios (セルレギオス or Serulegiosu)” this is no official confirmation for the English name, but it seems western friendly enought to me, so i assume it will stay that way.
Back to top Go down
dcj91x
Fatalis
dcj91x

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:20 pm

Nova wrote:
I wish i could go into the files and edit the monsters to be harder lol. I mean I'm sure there will be an event quest or two like Super Brachy or Super Zinogre from 3U, but I want MORE!

Nova, for 4U I don't think you have to worry about the difficulty level over all. I spoke about it a bit in the "learn about MH Thread" you may want to go check it out.
Back to top Go down
Bidoof
Aptonoth
Bidoof

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2014 12:53 am

Najarala Subspecies is known as Tidal Narjarala
Kunchuu are known as Konchu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official English Names   Official English Names - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official English Names
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2