Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Touhou Project Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
Touhou Project Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Touhou Project

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tarath
Deviljho
Tarath

Thank you Points : 32

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

Touhou Project Empty
PostTouhou Project

If you frequent the chatbox whenever I'm around, you know that I play this obscure series of games. Touhou is a series of shoot-em-ups, produced by Team Shanghai Alice, which is actually comprised of one man, who goes under the pseudonym of ZUN. In most of the games, you play as either Reimu Hakurei, a shrine Maiden, or Marisa Kirisame, a witch in an attempt to solve a bizarre, supernatural incident.

There are 5 games for the (now obselete) PC-98, so the windows series starts at 6. Most of the series are shmups, however, there are 3 spin-off fighters too.

If you want a link to where you can download the games, then PM me. I don't bite~. If you're a big shmup fan then do try them out, as they are a lot of fun. Also frustration, since they can be very difficult in the latter halves of the games!

You may wish to visit the Touhou Wiki for backstory, plots and character backgrounds.

^That video shows a playthrough of one of the stages, specifically, Touhou 10: Mountain of Faith stage 4, normal difficulty.

Last edited by Fire-lord Zuko on Sun May 15, 2011 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : removed harmful link)
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Touhou Project :: Comments

Stuff
Re: Touhou Project
Post Sun May 15, 2011 12:25 pm by Stuff
Oh hey. Didn't see this here. Looks like this thread hasn't gotten the love it deserves.

I saw a blog that had links to most, if not all, of the Touhou series, including various spin-offs such as MegaMari. I got my hands on Touhou from somewhere else, so it don't matter to me. I got some of the spin-offs from that blog, along with some danmaku....maker? idk what that's all about but I has it. lol. Too bad I don't remember the url. I can't even remember what I was googling.

Well I tried to play them, and everything runs extra slow. I gotta clean up my computer a bit. Even Samidare doesn't run at 30 fps when I set it to that. And I know that worked before.

Also, I thought ZUN was the music guy. He's a beast if what you say is true.

Last edited by Stuff on Sun May 15, 2011 9:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
WinNerd
Post Sun May 15, 2011 1:18 pm by WinNerd
Then he is a beast.

Anywayz, The games are crazy hard xD But also crazy fun!
Tarath
Post Sun May 15, 2011 4:26 pm by Tarath
ZUN does it all. Gameplay, Music, graphics. The credit list for the games is humorously short.

But yeah, Touhou music is beast. I haven't got all of the original music on mah ipod, but I've got most of it, and what I have amounts to 109 tracks, all of which are original and ear-gasm worthy. To say nothing of the remixes, of which there are thousands~

And Imma get rid of the link. Anyone interested can shoot me a PM for them.
Stuff
Post Sun May 15, 2011 9:47 pm by Stuff
Guess I'll take the picture down too. You know, we can share replay data if anyone wants to. They're always in a folder cleverly named "replay".

TH3 is mad fun. I can only imagine playing multiplayer. I don't think I've ever seen a game like that ever. There needs to be more of that. The ds needs a game like that. It'd be handled the same was tetris ds does multiplayer.

Do you happen to have "Kioh Gyoku"?
Excarius
Post Sun May 15, 2011 10:25 pm by Excarius
Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
To say nothing of the remixes, of which there are thousands~
them.

Ran Ran Ru~

(it was inevitable)

Ive never played the games but they look fun. Ill get around to playing thm eventually... maybe.

Last edited by Excarius on Mon May 16, 2011 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tarath
Post Mon May 16, 2011 3:59 am by Tarath
Heh. As I said, excarius, let me know if you want d/l links.

Stuff: No, but I've got Th9, which is in the same style. And Kioh Gyoku, no, I haven't. Worth getting Y/N?
Stuff
Post Mon May 16, 2011 4:15 am by Stuff
No? To what?

And Kioh Gyoku, I was just askin cuz I have the other 2 and not that one. So close to a complete collection. Sad by vort
Tarath
Post Mon May 16, 2011 4:30 am by Tarath
Oh, I was saying that I don't have TH3, or any of the PC-98s. No emulator = sux.
Stuff
Post Mon May 16, 2011 4:17 pm by Stuff
Ah. I guess I'll try TH9 first and hope my computer doesn't explode.

I found the blog I was talking about. I guess I'll leave that to PMs. It's a blogspot blog and has links to alot of stuff. Fan stuff like "MegaMari", and th1-12.8(most in one post), and stuff that don't matter probably. But I think s/he has ads all over the page, so beware(no-script was allows 2/12 for me).

While I was looking for that, I found this and I think it's awesome. Replays is one of my favorite features a game could include. It's just amazing that not every game has that. And the ones that do don't do it like Touhou. So that page is interesting imo. idk if the THP wikia links to that page some how/if it's common knowledge/if it matters to the rest of the world, But that deserved getting linked to.
Excarius
Post Mon May 16, 2011 5:39 pm by Excarius
I think the closest experience ive ever had to a touhou game is in No More Heroes and NMH 2 Where theres a game that practically parodies it.

Spoiler:
Tarath
Post Mon May 16, 2011 5:50 pm by Tarath
No, that's nothing like Touhou, it's a silly westernised shmup, but I digress. I'll PM you d/l links, and you can try real shmupsTouhou for yourself.
Excarius
Post Tue May 17, 2011 1:19 am by Excarius
Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
No, that's nothing like Touhou, it's a silly westernised shmup, but I digress. I'll PM you d/l links, and you can try real shmupsTouhou for yourself.

Game was made in japan (just like most games nowadays) and Suda51 *main guy behind that game* even claimed it was partially based off it... well and pretty cure and its a parady mocking it in game by making fun of how highly successful the series is worldwide.

But still thanks for letting me get to try Now if only i could stop getting shot down every 8 seconds :P
Tarath
Post Tue May 17, 2011 2:18 am by Tarath
You got them working, then? Excellent. Learn them controls, dodge bullets, and don't let anything stand in your way! BECOME THE STRONGEST!
WinNerd
Post Tue May 17, 2011 9:12 am by WinNerd
CIRNO IS THE STRONGEST!!

....Yeah..
Tarath
Post Tue May 17, 2011 5:08 pm by Tarath
You baka! Cirno's a Nineball.
WinNerd
Post Wed May 18, 2011 10:35 am by WinNerd
⑨ is the strongest!!

...Better?
Excarius
Post Thu May 19, 2011 1:58 pm by Excarius
I still prefer using Kirasime Marisa more... just wish she didnt have a bigger hitbox. :P
Tarath
Post Fri May 20, 2011 2:10 am by Tarath
In the earlier games, Marisa is arguably a stronger shot type. Which game are you referring to?
Excarius
Post Sat May 21, 2011 2:21 pm by Excarius
Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
In the earlier games, Marisa is arguably a stronger shot type. Which game are you referring to?

No not her power. That she HERSELF has a slightly bigger hitbox for enemy bullets to hit.
Tarath
Post Sat May 21, 2011 2:51 pm by Tarath
I know. However, in the earlier games, her firepower is enough to make the bigger hitbox worth it.
WinNerd
Post Sat May 21, 2011 4:35 pm by WinNerd
Not to mention the extra speed compared to Reimu in EoSD
Tarath
Post Sat May 21, 2011 5:29 pm by Tarath
Yeah, although that can be a liability too.
Excarius
Post Sun May 22, 2011 3:05 am by Excarius
Fire-lord Zuko wrote:
Yeah, although that can be a liability too.

I accidentally run into the bullets im trying to dodge with faster characters alot XD
Tarath
Post Sun May 22, 2011 8:34 am by Tarath
Trust me, once you try an extra stage or harder as a fast character, you'll start to hate them. Case in point, PCB extra boss's second spell card, "Banquet of the 12 General Gods".
Post  by Sponsored content

Touhou Project

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next