Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 42 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 42 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 42 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 5:59 pm

navgoose wrote:
Good one with the cutscene cancelling. It is such an ingrained habit now to cancel upon quest completion I forget to ever mention it. :lol:

agree x3 sometimes I want to see the cutscene but I press - anyway, that sucks.

what is barroths main weakness?, first I thought it was fire, then I heard it was water and then I check and said ice, thats been confusing me since rank 5 xP
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Lalo wrote:
navgoose wrote:
Good one with the cutscene cancelling. It is such an ingrained habit now to cancel upon quest completion I forget to ever mention it. :lol:

agree x3 sometimes I want to see the cutscene but I press - anyway, that sucks.

what is barroths main weakness?, first I thought it was fire, then I heard it was water and then I check and said ice, thats been confusing me since rank 5 xP

Parts covered in mud take a lot of water damage and no fire damage. Parts which are clean take a lot of fire damage and no water damage. Ice does damage both mud covered and clean, but moderate at best.

I prefer water especially if soloing. Barroth can roll around and recover himself with mud. If in a group which locks him in place a lot, I imagine fire would be best.
Back to top Go down
BlueCubby
Kelbi

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 am

offline commodities -- now that I have more advanced armour and weapons, I never get the 3 star or above commodities from killing monsters in Moga Woods ---

is it because I am killing them too quickly, or it is too easy now??

Or just horrible bad luck?

Any advice or insite re: get more 3 star and above commodities from Moga Woods hunting, would be appreciated.

Thanks for the Stupid Question Hotline!
Back to top Go down
Hanya
Popo
Hanya

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 3:20 am

BlueCubby wrote:
offline commodities -- now that I have more advanced armour and weapons, I never get the 3 star or above commodities from killing monsters in Moga Woods ---

is it because I am killing them too quickly, or it is too easy now??

Or just horrible bad luck?

Any advice or insite re: get more 3 star and above commodities from Moga Woods hunting, would be appreciated.

Thanks for the Stupid Question Hotline!

I can't back this up with any hard facts, but I've noticed that these commodities tend to come in waves. I'll usually go a few hunts without getting one, and then BOOM, I get like two in one hunt, or at least one per hunt. I'd just recommend freehunting more. You're bound to get them, eventually. I don't think the speed or efficiency of your kills has anything to do with it.

Probably just bad luck, man. Desire sensor and all that.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:02 am

You get Quest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvl Commodities from Rathian, Quest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvl Commodities from Rathalos and Lagriacus. Keep trying, and if one of those monsters is in Moga Forest, hunt them both at daytime and nighttime. Look at the forecast often.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Atalanta
Rhenoplos

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
You get Quest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvl Commodities from Rathian, Quest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvl Commodities from Rathalos and Lagriacus. Keep trying, and if one of those monsters is in Moga Forest, hunt them both at daytime and nighttime. Look at the forecast often.

You can guarantee getting a Rare Commodity by capturing the appropriate large monster. Unfortunately, Lagi can also give the Quest lvlQuest lvl Ancient Skin Oil. So if you see Los in the forecast, bring cap supplies so you can get yourself a Quest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvl Vermilion Scale
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:00 pm

Atalanta wrote:
Mr Stark wrote:

You can guarantee getting a Rare Commodity by capturing the appropriate large monster. Unfortunately, Lagi can also give the Quest lvlQuest lvl Ancient Skin Oil. So if you see Los in the forecast, bring cap supplies so you can get yourself a Quest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvlQuest lvl Vermilion Scale

This one's a bit out of your control, but on days with "Abundant Commodities," you tend to get extra commodities. (Think of it as "Ultra/Lucky Cat" for free hunt.) Also on days with abundant commodities listed, there's a better chance of getting more extra monsters. (On normal days, you might get an extra one, rarely two extras per monster listed. On abundant commodity days, you can get as much as six different monster per outing.) So whenever you find a day with abundant commodities, be sure to bring your best all around weapon and armor and plenty of healing items, whetstones (I highly recommend blademaster on these hunts, as gunners are not really good for marathoning monsters.), and your double bbq spit. And, of course, eat first!

Good example: I once free hunted a Lagiacrus on an abundant commodity day, and capped him. Although I didn't get another lagi or luddy on that hunt, I still got awarded 2 ancient skin oil and a sea king scale. Not bad.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:30 pm

anduin55 wrote:
This one's a bit out of your control, but on days with "Abundant Commodities," you tend to get extra commodities. (Think of it as "Ultra/Lucky Cat" for free hunt.) Also on days with abundant commodities listed, there's a better chance of getting more extra monsters. (On normal days, you might get an extra one, rarely two extras per monster listed. On abundant commodity days, you can get as much as six different monster per outing.) So whenever you find a day with abundant commodities, be sure to bring your best all around weapon and armor and plenty of healing items, whetstones (I highly recommend blademaster on these hunts, as gunners are not really good for marathoning monsters.), and your double bbq spit. And, of course, eat first!

Oh, really? I always thought Abundant commodities increased the likelyhood of sparkling spots in the Deserted Isle.
I didn't know they increased the amount of monsters that may show up in the free hunt.

anduin55 wrote:
Good example: I once free hunted a Lagiacrus on an abundant commodity day, and capped him. Although I didn't get another lagi or luddy on that hunt, I still got awarded 2 ancient skin oil and a sea king scale. Not bad.
That doesn't sound like the work of abundant commodities... That sounds common.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 11:30 pm

TKMT wrote:
That doesn't sound like the work of abundant commodities... That sounds common.
... sh-shut up. I'm not that lucky when it comes to commodities... /versad/

[EDIT] Here's a link to an old thread on free hunts spawns. They talk a bit about what the abundant commodities status does.
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 6:50 am

I know clusting Alatreon is frowned upon here, but what would be a good set without using Deviljho or Alatreon materials?
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:25 pm

The best clustset for alatreon is a combination between Jhen+ and Ura, I cant log on my wii right now but when I do I will post you the parts.

Do you have any clust talismans?
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:35 pm

Mr Stark wrote:
I know clusting Alatreon is frowned upon here, but what would be a good set without using Deviljho or Alatreon materials?

Well this is a standard cluster set if thats what youre wanting..
http://mhtri.comeze.com/armor.html?3.V.j_1v_1o.V_1h.W_1d.V_1l_h.X.1

With the gun parts Rathling+/Rathling+/Agnablaster

Last edited by Violet on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Do I need a reason?)
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 5:49 pm

wlell, she beat me to posting it, have fun clusting
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 7:22 am

Requires Deviljho coins.
I'm not at the 6-star missions.
Back to top Go down
GrashXL002
Yian Garuga
GrashXL002

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 11:35 am

Mr Stark wrote:
Requires Deviljho coins.
I'm not at the 6-star missions.

Don't need to be.

You can get Deviljho coins from the arena match "Land Lords" which only requires HR 31.

You fight:

Barroth
Uragaan
Deviljho
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2012 1:08 am

WTF! WTH!

I CANT JOIN CITIES AND PEOPLE CANT JOIN MY CITIES D:

and if I try many times the game just kicks me out of online!

Why!?
Back to top Go down
TKMT
Seltas
TKMT

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): North America, U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 4:56 pm

Lalo wrote:
WTF! WTH!

I CANT JOIN CITIES AND PEOPLE CANT JOIN MY CITIES D:

and if I try many times the game just kicks me out of online!

Why!?

Have you checked your NAT? It might be strict/closed or something.
I had this issue with my old router that I couldn't fix(it wasn't built for gaming in mind)

If you can, try to open your NAT.

You can try rebooting your router to see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
Yuki
Rajang
Yuki

Thank you Points : 20

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 3ds

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:15 pm

He is able to connect with players now he said and I played with him last night is it pissible it can lock itself for a while or cause the issue to happen?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:38 pm

Heres a.question for the hotline: why does my wii just decide to not turn on sometimes?
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:44 pm

is it hacked? if so rmove all hack stuff from sd card
Back to top Go down
Quentin
Rajang
Quentin

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): United States

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:45 pm

Well no one can really answer your question unless you give say something more precise then "why does my wii just decide to not turn on sometimes?" If you can describe what exactly happens, how you get it to turn on after it happens and any thoughts on why this may be happening someone may be able to provide you an answer (and also this is the Monster Hunter Tri question thread, not the random answer thread, it would have been best if you had asked this question in the world outside of MH section)

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Well I use my wii to play monster hunter tri, kid, so maybe it is relevant to this section. And since youre so intelligent, why dont you answer it then? Specifics? Not much more than its a new red wii, not hacked or modded, knly played two games on it, xenoblade and mh3. it just usually turns back on after i leave it for a day or two. Now say something useful to help me Quentin or dont say anythinggg k
Edit, it also seems to only happen when tri is in the disc drive
Back to top Go down
laoshanicrus
Najarala
laoshanicrus

Thank you Points : 4

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): the pickle jar

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:50 pm

^^ Quest lvl Quest lvl Quest lvl Quest lvl answer quentin buddy

also tiff taff please dont be so defensive about stuff...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 pm

Duly noted. An actual answer would be beneficial though.
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm

let's try to be nice ok? if you post something like "what will my lunch be today?" don't be harsh to people asking you "well, what are your ingredients?". i think we all agree it's impossible to answer your first question in any kind of useful way unless you give more informations.

if you just wanted to rant this is not the proper place.

if anyone feels like adding something actually relevant to te problem at hand please do, any "comment" about the post themselves is better kept to yourself. for any clarification pm me instaed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 42 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 42 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43, 44  Next