Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 39 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 39 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 39 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
MasterOnion
MasterOnion

Thank you Points : 43

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 2:31 pm

Well, the best lances in this game for damage have elemental attributes, but it really depends on the monster.
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

Thank you Points : -1

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): England

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:20 pm

So many questions sorry if asked b4 but will the Lamp Mask for chacha be great for bhana farming? I ask because it says he will attack small monsters and i need the bhanas alive to poison them.
Back to top Go down
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:40 pm

I dont know if its GREAT, but if you need bahnara farming you could always use a bowgun with poison shots and poison smoke, maybe if you take that mask with you they will get near cha-cha. Just be carefull because sometimes he can kill the bugs...
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 4:54 pm

Its just that with the fluffy mask he likes to pitch in on gathering meaning i get slightly more mats a run....but the Lamp Mask makes it faster.... Hmm
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

Thank you Points : 46

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Try giving Cha-Cha the Lamp mask, keep him alight to draw the bugs in and give him the Gatherer skill.
Gatherer skill makes him less likely to attack monsters and more likely to gather. So you shouldnt have to worry about him killing the bugs while they gather around him.
Either that or you could gem Flame Aura and speed gather into your armor so the bugs will gather around you instead and you can carve them twice as fast.

Last edited by Violet on Sat Sep 15, 2012 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mhwiki.forumotion.net/u2509
Lalo
Gore Magala
Lalo

Thank you Points : 15

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Not yours for sure

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 9:41 pm

Thats a great idea ._.
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 10:50 pm

A gunner question really...i got full Urgaan+ set and Blizzard frame/stock and peco barrel.

this set was made for sleep bombing ala but i got sockets to fill and no idea what to put in them...the spreadsheet for a gunner with the pellet types with numbers and such confuse me greatly and dont know what does what.

(i meant the list with all the ammo types and it has lvl's with numbers next to them in the equipment menu)

Thanks, im a total newbie at gunner.
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): My connectivity is fine, thank you.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:14 am

If its for sleepbombing ala id use the skills speedsetup and amp up gaans recoil-2 to -3.
If you dont like deviation on your gun then get deviation down -1/2 (the stat that makes your gun ammo pull left or right) then id use that too. Because Bari gun has high right deviation it means its shots will always pull sharply to the right. Though practice will negate the need for this.
Recoil-3 is needed for bari cannons high recoil though..everything else is up to your personal prefferance.

Status shots deal fixed amount of status damage against a monsters initial status tolerance. Once it has been lowered to zero, the status takes hold. After this the resistance is set to a higher number, making it harder to inflict the same status again. So to save time, start with level 1's (The weaker status shot). Then move to level 2's.
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 12:28 am

Ok thanks sapph i currently got a good few things up with my gems now. Should be set to go :D
Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Ok, I give. I am having trouble getting Agnaktor claws. Every other monster hasn't given me this much trouble. My question is for break reward to be for claws do I have to break all four claws? Hind+Fore? Can I bust just a couple of the claws and still possibly get claws as a reward or must I break all four? I know a part of my issue is I keep breaking other parts not meaning too but still this is nuts. I get a firestone as a break reward every other hunt but still no claws.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

Thank you Points : 1

3DS friends code: 2852-7597-3150
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:10 pm

AzzraNoctul wrote:
Ok, I give. I am having trouble getting Agnaktor claws. Every other monster hasn't given me this much trouble. My question is for break reward to be for claws do I have to break all four claws? Hind+Fore? Can I bust just a couple of the claws and still possibly get claws as a reward or must I break all four? I know a part of my issue is I keep breaking other parts not meaning too but still this is nuts. I get a firestone as a break reward every other hunt but still no claws.
You need to break all four legs in order to get claws. There's also a very slight chance that you may carve one off of the body, but I wouldn't count on it as a reliable source. There's also another chance of getting one as a capture award, so that may be a good idea as well. However, your best bet is to get a competent team and have each person go for the legs.
(I understand your pain: I JUST got the final claws to make the low rank blademaster armor...)
Back to top Go down
https://plus.google.com/109952126346148067866
Will
Rathalos
Will

Thank you Points : 45

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 'Murica

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 pm

anduin55 wrote:
AzzraNoctul wrote:
You need to break all four legs in order to get claws. There's also a very slight chance that you may carve one off of the body, but I wouldn't count on it as a reliable source. There's also another chance of getting one as a capture award, so that may be a good idea as well. However, your best bet is to get a competent team and have each person go for the legs.
(I understand your pain: I JUST got the final claws to make the low rank blademaster armor...)
Do not rely on the capture reward, Kill it, you are more likely to carve one then get it from capturing. Also the "Hot Deal" quest is out on the NA servers at the moment, go do it, you get to kill two agnaktors in one quest.
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 11:50 pm

Will wrote:
anduin55 wrote:
AzzraNoctul wrote:
Do not rely on the capture reward, Kill it, you are more likely to carve one then get it from capturing. Also the "Hot Deal" quest is out on the NA servers at the moment, go do it, you get to kill two agnaktors in one quest.
If you're going to be doing to hot deal quest, then definitely kill both of them for maximum chances of getting claws. By any chance, what HR are you? You have to be HR 40+ to do Hot Deal.
Back to top Go down
It's meh
Seregios
It's meh

Thank you Points : 60

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 1:44 am

AzzraNoctul wrote:
Yes, you must break all four claws.
It's annoying, but that's how it works >.<

You can carve them too, if you're lucky. Or you can cap him for them, I think.. But you may not wanna cap him.
Back to top Go down
AzzraNoctul
Popo
AzzraNoctul

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:44 am

Thanks for the heads up. All four claws auuuugggh no wonder my issue. Not very high rank right now mainly been playing offline. Just got HR21. So it's either rank up or keep after it offline. Managed to bust 3/4 claws last hunt so that's a start. A Guardlancer without guard armor I feel so gimpy /versad/
Back to top Go down
anduin55
Rhenoplos
anduin55

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 3:57 am

Azzra, why don't you send me a PM whenever you're next online? I'll help you with getting claws.
(sorry, but I'm busy tonight. Working on a new character and all...)
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:01 pm

I ave serched high and low for a great Pierce S gunner set but all i find are dead links to devinewhim site so im kinda stuck... Canyone tell me a good set? I got 3 blos parts but the rest is unknown to me...
Back to top Go down
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 26, 2012 10:45 pm

I found this site to be useful, maybe it will help you too.
As for the pierce set, I think this is the generic one most people use. The gun does have 3 slots, I think its Devils Grin/Thundercrus Rex/LR Thundercrus. The frame does have +10 affinity, so the -10 from the barrel wont effect your Crit Eye+3.
http://mhtri.comeze.com/armor.html?3.f.f.f_1W_1c_1V.N_1Z.f_1J.N_Y.Q.f
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 3:48 am

Thanks. also my words was kinda bad on my last post there cuz it was from my itouch...
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne
Dark Soul Slayer

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 8:27 am

How do i get these skills?

Critical Eye +3

Pierce S Boost

Pierce S All Up
Back to top Go down
Randomhunter
Rhenoplos
Randomhunter

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 27, 2012 9:33 am

Why are you asking?!?! Y U NO OPEN EYES!?!?! click the link Violet provided and it shall reveal all..my question was the same thing you are looking for and yet..its 2 posts up is your answer..how hard is that?
Back to top Go down
Dark Soul Slayer
Felyne
Dark Soul Slayer

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 28, 2012 1:09 am

Randomhunter wrote:
Why are you asking?!?! Y U NO OPEN EYES!?!?! click the link Violet provided and it shall reveal all..my question was the same thing you are looking for and yet..its 2 posts up is your answer..how hard is that?

Sorry, my bad.
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 7:08 am

About the Jhen Mohran weapons:
I can make the Jhen Kodachi and the Guan Dao, but I also want to upgrade my Lagia Sword.
Guan Dao would be the sharpest, best raw LS I could get (Dragon Element would help on the Raths, Jhen and Ceadeus) but I do not want to grind Jhen or Ceadeus for another EDB for Lagia Sword R. The Kodachi is cheaper material-wise, and while its attack isn't particularly stellar it has an astounding amount of green sharpness and better Element.
Which one should I get?

And on a side note, why is Guan Dao hated so?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Vivi
Najarala
Vivi

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 9:11 am

For low rank the Jhen weapons are fine to use for a while. Theyre green sharp is nice to have when you dont have acess to those with higher levels.
If you like SnS more, get that. But if you like LS more get that weapon type instead.
Guan Dao can hold its own unupgraded for a short while, say to HR 40 if you dont like grinding Jhen. But dont stretch it much further. The Jhen SnS and LS need to be upgraded pretty soon to keep up with HR equip.

For example unupgraded Guan Dao will do less damage to a Rathalos than Heavens Thunder (HR Lagi LS) will do, even though Dao is dragon element. Heavens Thunder has blue sharp, higher element and potentially higher affinity if you choose the Y (affinity) path.

Guan Dao is often looked down upon because of how many people stretch its usage beyond breaking point, when there are better weapons available. Its common to see people using normal Guan Dao for Alatreon, even though Ala's weak to ice and not dragon on ground (which is where you will mostly be hitting him).
Back to top Go down
InstaCakes
Kecha Wacha
InstaCakes

Thank you Points : 2

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): Spain

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 11:08 am

I can get both, however, and also what about the Lagia Sword? Should I wait until I get to High Rank Lagriacus and get the High Lagia Sword or go straight to Lagia Sword (R)?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/InstaCakes
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 39 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 39 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 44  Next