Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 21 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 21 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:12 pm

Rene wrote:
Filos wrote:
Elemental shots with bowguns do a set amount of damage or depends on the attack of the gun?

Set Damage. Element attack up obviously effects them though.
._....
The damage dealt with Ele S depends on the raw of a bowgun. element attack up increases the damage of ele S.
Dragon shots do not apply to this. They deal a set amount of Dragon damage.
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:08 pm

Lucas wrote:
Rene wrote:
Filos wrote:
Elemental shots with bowguns do a set amount of damage or depends on the attack of the gun?

Set Damage. Element attack up obviously effects them though.
._....
The damage dealt with Ele S depends on the raw of a bowgun. element attack up increases the damage of ele S.
Dragon shots do not apply to this. They deal a set amount of Dragon damage.

I see what your saying. I spoke a little too fast. There is a portion of an element shot which is calculated from raw of the gun. I believe it is 7% of raw for fire and 5% for other shots. Then there is the element side which is 45 for fire and 15 X3 hits I believe for other shots. Dragon shots are the exception. I'm a newish gunners so Lucas or others, please correct me if I misspoke.

Element attack up only effects the element damage of the shot, not the raw. Want to make sure no one mis understood what I wrote in my first post.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 1:51 pm

So if I understand you right you're saying only the Shot damage is dependant on raw and the Elemental power is always 45.
Both,Shot and ele power are depend on Bowgun raw. So if a bowgun has ,lets say, 200 raw one Fire shot will have 90 Fire power and 14 Shot power
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 2:52 pm

Lucas wrote:
So if I understand you right you're saying only the Shot damage is dependant on raw and the Elemental power is always 45.
Both,Shot and ele power are depend on Bowgun raw. So if a bowgun has ,lets say, 200 raw one Fire shot will have 90 Fire power and 14 Shot power

I'm taking my information from the Bowgun damage formulas that I have used in the past. I believe the fire damage would be 45 (this is fixed) and the raw would be 14. so the total shot would be 59 damage combined. Element attack up would raise the fixed 45 (I think it is +10% but not certain) damage but not effect the raw.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

Thank you Points : 62

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:03 pm

Non-dragon element shots are dependant on bowgun attack power for both the shot damage and the element damage.

Flame S does 7% of your attack for shot damage and 45% of your attack in (fire)element damage. Freeze/thunder/water S do 5% x 3 shot and 15% x 3 for the respective element. Dragon deals fixed dragon damage not affected by any bowgun attribute or armor skill.
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:09 pm

navgoose wrote:
Non-dragon element shots are dependant on bowgun attack power for both the shot damage and the element damage.

Flame S does 7% of your attack for shot damage and 45% of your attack in (fire)element damage. Freeze/thunder/water S do 5% x 3 shot and 15% x 3 for the respective element. Dragon deals fixed dragon damage not affected by any bowgun attribute or armor skill.

Thanks Nav. Now I can update my information on my spreadsheets. Why does this have to be so confusing? lol

Edit: element Attack up skills boost element shot damage by 20% (element only, not the raw) Dragon shot are not effect by EAU
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Rene wrote:
Lucas wrote:

I'm taking my information from the Bowgun damage formulas that I have used in the past. I believe the fire damage would be 45 (this is fixed) and the raw would be 14. so the total shot would be 59 damage combined. Element attack up would raise the fixed 45 (I think it is +10% but not certain) damage but not effect the raw.

I retrieve my info from the damage formula too >_> (no one bleives lulu ;__;)
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:38 pm

Lucas wrote:
Rene wrote:
Lucas wrote:

I believe you bro. I'm just so confused when it come to BG damage.

So with all that being said, woudn't element shots be better than all other shots (including pierce)?

I did the math after making these tweaks and I come out with this for lets say fire vs pierce lvl3.

BG 200 Raw for this example.

Fire = (200 * .07) 14 + (200 * .45) 90 = 104
Pierce 3 = (200 * .08) 16 * 5 hits = 80

Using the same formula Dragon shot would hit for 330 if it hit all 5 times.

Am I missing something?
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 3:47 pm

Rene wrote:

So with all that being said, woudn't element shots be better than all other shots (including pierce)?

I did the math after making these tweaks and I come out with this for lets say fire vs pierce lvl3.

Am I missing something?

Element hitzones are usually MUCH smaller than shot hitzone (that you should aim for). Also pierce gun setups tend to have a bit more RAW attack just from the parts and get a nice 1.5 modifier for proper range. Element is still viable in certain situations and skill setups.
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 4:07 pm

navgoose wrote:
Rene wrote:

Am I missing something?

Element hitzones are usually MUCH smaller than shot hitzone (that you should aim for). Also pierce gun setups tend to have a bit more RAW attack just from the parts and get a nice 1.5 modifier for proper range. Element is still viable in certain situations and skill setups.

Thanks for the excellent info Nav and Lucas! You guys are awesome.
Back to top Go down
Valdast
Popo
Valdast

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 pm

Ok, I'm trying to set up an SnS set. So far its working well, but I'm wondering if it can be made better. Current set-up is:

Lagiacrus Helm (Razor Jewel X2)
Lagiacrus Mail (Razor Jewel)
Barioth Vambraces
Lagiacrus Faulds (Element Jewel X2)
Barioth Greaves
Charm: Evade +4/5 O/--

Skills: Evade +1/EaU/Razor Sharp

Two of the slots are left open, and if the charm is Evade +5 then three are open. This is the best that I can come up with...
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:30 am

Valdast wrote:
Ok, I'm trying to set up an SnS set. So far its working well, but I'm wondering if it can be made better. Current set-up is:

Barioth Vambraces
Barioth Greaves

Two of the slots are left open, and if the charm is Evade +5 then three are open. This is the best that I can come up with...

I think this is a tad better. http://divinewh.im/s/1.B_Y.1R.1R_b.1R_Y.1R.1R_c.1R.1R_b.1R.1R_Y.j.1R

EAU/Evade+2/Razor Sharp/Olympic swimmer/Stat down/Health-20 You can get rid of the last one with a weapon slot, or take the right items with you.
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:21 pm

Valdast wrote:

Barioth Vambraces
Barioth Greaves

Like what win32error said, just stick to full lagi. With a +5 evade charm and a single slot weapon (icicle spike+, sea striker, or storm sword) you can gem in evade +1 and a C skill or do evade + 2 if you prefer.
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:09 pm

got a 3 slot dragon talisman, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Dracken
Popo
Dracken

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 5:42 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
got a 3 slot dragon talisman, any suggestions?

Don't sell it /no/

But seriously, the best uses are for the 3 slot gems, any others are wasted :l
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

Thank you Points : 11

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Anybody have any good tips for using evasion +2? With it I can evade thorugh roars, right?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:48 pm

RDC wrote:
Anybody have any good tips for using evasion +2? With it I can evade thorugh roars, right?

Basically, if you time it right, you can evade through almost everything. Roars are pretty easy, especially if you know when it comes exactly (jho raises his head, roar follows later).

Claw swipes, tail attacks, breaths (not if they land close and have big range, ala's fireball for instance) can all be dodged with evade (+1 is usually enough). Heck, if you do it right, even most charges can be dived through (provided your roll ends outside of the monster's range of course). There's really not much you can't dodge with evade+2, but remember: you're gonna be more aggressive, and probably more reckless. You're not 100% invincible, but if you handle it well, you're close.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 8:59 pm

Will a might pill and a might seed stack if i take 3 of each??
Back to top Go down
navgoose
Seltas Queen
navgoose

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:06 pm

metalman123 wrote:
Will a might pill and a might seed stack if i take 3 of each??

No. Bonuses of the same type never stack. If you are referring to the popular might pill followed by seeds, it is a matter of extending duration of the pill boost by overwriting the pill's duration with seed duration (the boost itselft remains what the pill provided).
Back to top Go down
RDC
Bnahabra
RDC

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:59 pm

Win32error wrote:
RDC wrote:

Basically, if you time it right, you can evade through almost everything. Roars are pretty easy, especially if you know when it comes exactly (jho raises his head, roar follows later).

Claw swipes, tail attacks, breaths (not if they land close and have big range, ala's fireball for instance) can all be dodged with evade (+1 is usually enough). Heck, if you do it right, even most charges can be dived through (provided your roll ends outside of the monster's range of course). There's really not much you can't dodge with evade+2, but remember: you're gonna be more aggressive, and probably more reckless. You're not 100% invincible, but if you handle it well, you're close.

Thanks.

I'll have to practice. I've been somewhat successful in certain areas. I can't seem to get the roar evade yet. I knew I was doing something alright when I evaded Gaan's role by going through it.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 10:58 pm

Does a monster's size affect its health or just the damage box (because when I fight exceptionally large Diablos with SnS, they cannot hit me with their standard charge)?
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 12:42 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
Does a monster's size affect its health or just the damage box (because when I fight exceptionally large Diablos with SnS, they cannot hit me with their standard charge)?
probably just the hit box. im pretty sure its health will pretty much always be the same.

also, what helios/vangis mix is best, what does detect (physic +10) do, and can you get HG earplugs Sharpness +1 and focus on a set

(EDIT: when i see videos of mh3, peoples' potions and mega potions heal double the amount that they normally do for me, whats that all about?)
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 8:29 pm

Larger/smaller monsters SHOULD have the same hitboxes, but it doesn't always work out (especially with bits that stick out, like tails and wings).

There's no "best" Helios/Vangis mix. Most go for the simple:
http://divinewh.im/s/0_1f.1s.1s.H_1l_1e_m_1e.1t_11.1t

This allows you to get Sharp+1/HGE/something.

Detect allow you to see WHERE a monster is at any given time. It's just a permanent paintball. Autotracker will allow you to see "detailed" info on the monster. Which means: what kind (fly wyvern, walking wyvern, leviathan), which way it is facing, and what it's state is. Basically, nearly worthless info, which you shouldn't bother with.

Dunno about the vids. Either they were ALL using item use up. Or they were ALL hacking. More likely, it seems more because the vids are smaller than your playing screen.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Win32error wrote:
Larger/smaller monsters SHOULD have the same hitboxes, but it doesn't always work out (especially with bits that stick out, like tails and wings).

There's no "best" Helios/Vangis mix. Most go for the simple:
http://divinewh.im/s/0_1f.1s.1s.H_1l_1e_m_1e.1t_11.1t

This allows you to get Sharp+1/HGE/something.

Detect allow you to see WHERE a monster is at any given time. It's just a permanent paintball. Autotracker will allow you to see "detailed" info on the monster. Which means: what kind (fly wyvern, walking wyvern, leviathan), which way it is facing, and what it's state is. Basically, nearly worthless info, which you shouldn't bother with.

Dunno about the vids. Either they were ALL using item use up. Or they were ALL hacking. More likely, it seems more because the vids are smaller than your playing screen.
thanks, you're really helpful
Back to top Go down
Andrew.
Seltas Queen
Andrew.

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 05, 2012 4:14 pm

@lagia the over healing items ups be due to a rather underestimated and rarely used skill called recovery up, which I very handily have a god charm for :cheers:

And detect shows detailed monster info when paintballed:

Monster type: leviathan, brute wyvern etc.
But only when paintballed which makes it relatively useless, much like farshite ;)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 21 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 32 ... 44  Next