Monster Hunter Wiki Forum
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 20 Logo311
Welcome to the Monster Hunter Wiki Forum!
The Question Hotline - Page 20 Logo311
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Monster Hunter Information and Talk (What are you Hunting?)

Get ConnectedHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Question Hotline

Go down 
+101
BlueCubby
GobulHunterJames
GrashXL002
Atalanta
PokeMaster
Hanya
InstaCakes
anduin55
Randomhunter
ShadeSlayer
Lalo
Kreature07
AzzraNoctul
Vivi
elchele
Kanade
helios
cujo the cat
Danis137
Griphter195
Crystalis
DarkWolfPup
Luciarn
Yuki
Esham
Lou Urau
Slyffer
MMJR
Axel's sister
dcj91x
riy
Clinrox
Stabster
chim
crovis
Quentin
Tiburon555
Shepherd
Chips
Axel3
Kasumi
TiroDvD
kama
Filos
Tarath
bill_the_noob
Dragsaw
glnn
Leonhardt
ryan
Ugthorf
uriel1994
Xyon
Ataraxia
rubinek
Valdast
Palas
Will
Hecatonchir
Pieprsn
Lagia818
It's meh
Dark Soul Slayer
jetavian
Dracken
cowboyjim66
Rafael Leafar
Ultimate Jaggi
barrothsteak
RDC
Lucas
blackice
Silverwind
Evilpwner
Bimasena009
quidam
Sagramor
MasterOnion
Godzilla2195
bird157
Andrew.
Maika
Kuraikage
charleszxc
Latro
Step
stayman_jacobi
Duffman
Lord
Andrea88GOD
Tyrian
Jg
Tavok101
Win32error
1bighiccup
navgoose
GaZ_D200
Florenz
dainbramage
Rene
ROGER
105 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
ROGER
Cephalos

Thank you Points : 5

Monster Hunter Information
3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Tri
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): 8

The Question Hotline - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2011 9:45 am

First topic message reminder :

ceadeus tail.... been farming for them and only got two (from the repel only quest)

in the decisive battle, I've broken his tail numerous times and never got a tail.... (do i actually have to go to the tail and carve????)

(got deep dragon gem almost very time..... and 2 elderdragon blood in one run too...)

or does the repel only quest (save moga village) have a higher drop rate???

MAJOR BAD LUCK?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

Thank you Points : 89

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 8:10 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
Hi guys, I'm just wandering how can you use the Wagga Wagga SnS. Because it has the attack of a Low-Rank Lance but without element, it can't be used very well. So, can anyone tell me what a good skill to use? Currently, I'm using AuL with Critical Eye +1 for all SnS.

Wagga wagga needs awaken for thunder ele (without ele, sns are nothing). But the problem is that it will always be slightly outdamaged by the Takemikazuchi (ultimate lagi sns), and that in most cases dragon>thunder, so you're even better off with the Alatreon revolution.

It's still usable though, and it looks funky. But at least get awaken, even if you're not seriously hunting.
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

Thank you Points : 3

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:21 pm

is this a good status gunning set? http://divinewh.im/s/0_1Y.v_1S.k_X.k_17.k_16.V_p.1F.U
if not, what is?
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Lagia818 wrote:
is this a good status gunning set? http://divinewh.im/s/0_1Y.v_1S.k_X.k_17.k_16.V_p.1F.U
if not, what is?

Depends on your gun. The most important thing is to fire without recoil. I'd skip the reload speed, never quite noticed the difference myself. Stat up seems like the nr. 1 skill for stat gunner, but it isn't. It slightly increases the damage you do per shot, but in the end, it might not matter whether or not you'll get a status.

Skills i'd try to get would be Recoil down+2 (+2 seems to be enough for most guns), trapmaster, bombardier and Load up. Trapmaster is especially good for support, bombardier increases the viability of sleeping monsters (do this at a point when your allies need to sharpen/drink stuff). Load up doesn't need any explanation i think.

http://divinewh.im/s/0_1v_1e.o_1X.W_1d.V_1b.W_p.1F.V.V
You could remove recoil+3 for something else, or go with
http://divinewh.im/s/3.l.k_1v_1e.o_1X.l.V_1d.V_1b.W_p.1F.l
There's probably a mix somewhere that would allow you do that with less weapon slots.
Back to top Go down
rubinek
Popo
rubinek

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 4:12 pm

Does Status attack down from Lagiacrus armor affect Recovery shots?
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:38 pm

no
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 5:41 pm

rubinek wrote:

As far as i know, status shots are: sleep, para, poison. I'm fairly sure the others do not count as those, because they don't inflict status (status generally means bad in MH). I can't imagine that it would have any effect, and even google doesn't know it.

I'm fairly sure it's safe to assume it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Win32error wrote:
rubinek wrote:

As far as i know, status shots are: sleep, para, poison. I'm fairly sure the others do not count as those, because they don't inflict status (status generally means bad in MH). I can't imagine that it would have any effect, and even google doesn't know it.

I'm fairly sure it's safe to assume it doesn't.

and tranq, it'll take 3 to capture
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 8:46 am

Hey guys, I had a bowgun related question as I'm preparing to gun down Alatreon. I'm not interested in his gears so can you tell me a good Bowgun that can load up decent amount of LV2 and LV3 of Wyvernfire without using any Alatreon/Deviljho.

The best I can come up is a Rathaling Stock/Any frame/Rathaling Barrel with 3 slot for Wyvernfire LV3 and nothing else. The components I have includes:

Frame:
Diablozooka (LV1, newly made)
Jaggid Fire (LV6)
Royal Launcer (LV6)
Poison Stinger (LV5)
Blizzard Cannon (LV1, newly made)
Agnablaster (LV1,)

Stock:
Rathaling+
Rathling
Thundracrus
Royal Launcher
Agnablaster
Aquamantic 'Needler'

Barrels:
Barozooka
Diablozooka
Rathling
Aquamantic 'Needler'
Thundracrus

Bowgun Kit:
Aquamantic 'Spark' (LV3, I just got it)

I'm also able to make Jhen Mohran's Barrel and Deviljho's frame (though I wouldn't be able to upgrade it...)

I'll worry about the armor skill I use (I have a set with Recoil Down +2 and almost every one of my gunning set is equipped with Precision +2). I just don't want to be a burden to any hunter I fought Alatreon with.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:34 pm

Devils Grin frame, Rathling gun Barrel, Rathling gun plus stock for Lvl 3 Wyvern fire 4 shots.

Back to top Go down
Lucas
Rathalos
Lucas

Thank you Points : 63

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter Generations
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use):

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 4:37 pm

Daenerys wrote:
Devils Grin frame, Rathling gun Barrel, Rathling gun plus stock for Lvl 3 Wyvern fire 4 shots.

Didn't you read the "without Jho/Ala" part ^.^?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:26 pm

Lulu....

"I'm also able to make Jhen Mohran's Barrel and Deviljho's frame (though I wouldn't be able to upgrade it...)"

Can't get more than three shots with those other guns.
Back to top Go down
Win32error
Lead Admin
Win32error

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 6:40 pm

Daenerys wrote:
Lulu....

"I'm also able to make Jhen Mohran's Barrel and Deviljho's frame (though I wouldn't be able to upgrade it...)"

Can't get more than three shots with those other guns.

Unupgraded frame is pretty bad though, maybe 3 shots with more weapon dmg would be better. After all, the burst damage is important for staggering and flinching, hence adren being important (in combo with evasion ofc).
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 8:40 am

Bimasena009 wrote:
Hey guys, I had a bowgun related question as I'm preparing to gun down Alatreon. I'm not interested in his gears so can you tell me a good Bowgun that can load up decent amount of LV2 and LV3 of Wyvernfire without using any Alatreon/Deviljho.

Doesn't exist. If you want to gun ala without ala/jho parts I'd recommend clust or ice shot.
Back to top Go down
Bimasena009
Yian Kut-Ku
Bimasena009

Thank you Points : 7

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 9:19 am

dainbramage wrote:
Bimasena009 wrote:

Doesn't exist. If you want to gun ala without ala/jho parts I'd recommend clust or ice shot.

Thanks, Back to farming Barioth, I guess (I suck at clusting. Can never guess which part i should shoot to get the maximum damage.
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

Thank you Points : 13

3DS friends code:
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): USA

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:16 am

Ok, some randie showed me something that I have been oblivious for 2 years and its called item duplicating. Kan someone enlighten me about this? and is this possible for every item?
Back to top Go down
quidam
Deviljho
quidam

Thank you Points : 135

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:29 am

possible for any item rare3 or below:

start a quest,
have someone give you items
you finish the quest, the other person abandons

done.

alternatively:

stay in town,
someone gives you items several times
you save the game, the other person turns the wii off

it's that simple, but don't abuse it :3
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 11:31 am

quidam wrote:
but don't abuse it

how kan u possibly abuse that?
Back to top Go down
Lagia818
Bnahabra
Lagia818

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:20 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
quidam wrote:
but don't abuse it

how kan u possibly abuse that?
once abused, its just a cheap way to get items fast instead of actually spending your own time to get it. otherwise, if you do it once or twiice, its just friends helping each other
Back to top Go down
Leonhardt
Yian Garuga
Leonhardt

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:27 pm

i wouldn't consider it abusing...I like to think of it as extreme exploiting
Back to top Go down
Ultimate Jaggi
Gore Magala
Ultimate Jaggi

Thank you Points : 12

3DS friends code:
Primary MH Title: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate WiiU
Country of Origin (for connection Speed use): The U.S.

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 5:41 pm

Leonhardt wrote:
i wouldn't consider it abusing...I like to think of it as extreme exploiting

XD
blackice gamme some stones for dat kick great jaggi quest; I stayed in quest; he abondoned
Back to top Go down
dainbramage
Rajang
dainbramage

Thank you Points : 148

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 6:50 pm

Bimasena009 wrote:
dainbramage wrote:
Bimasena009 wrote:

Thanks, Back to farming Barioth, I guess (I suck at clusting. Can never guess which part i should shoot to get the maximum damage.

FWIW, I'd go with rathling gun+ frame, thundacrus rex barrel and blizzard stock, so that's only one piece that needs bari materials. On the other hand, it needs 2 wyvern stones and 5 rathalos plates...

With that said, make sure you get teammates to carry freeze s for you, since you can't carry much yourself. If/when you run out, switch to pierce as a backup (ala's pierce hitzones are all horrendous, but it's still better than nothing), the gun shoots a crapton of pierce 2 without recoil.
Back to top Go down
Ugthorf
Yian Kut-Ku

Thank you Points : 28

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2012 7:49 pm

Bimasena009 wrote:
I suck at clusting. Can never guess which part i should shoot to get the maximum damage.

I've been mulling this over. With clusting, the damage should be "equal" everywhere as hitzones are ignored. So, my ignorant guess would be to aim for a part you can hit easily with a low stagger limit.

altatreon's wings look like a great target to ensure multiple staggers. the stagger tables are in grahf's melee damage formula, section 7b.
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 9:08 am

Ugthorf wrote:
Bimasena009 wrote:
I suck at clusting. Can never guess which part i should shoot to get the maximum damage.

I've been mulling this over. With clusting, the damage should be "equal" everywhere as hitzones are ignored. So, my ignorant guess would be to aim for a part you can hit easily with a low stagger limit.

altatreon's wings look like a great target to ensure multiple staggers. the stagger tables are in grahf's melee damage formula, section 7b.

It isn't that simple. Clust shots break into smaller bomb-like shots when they hit. You want to hit a body part that will allow all or most of the bomblets to stick and do their damage. Ala's back right in between its wings is a great place to aim for with a clust shot. This way the bomblets will spread to the wings and back for maximum damage.
Back to top Go down
Filos
Popo
Filos

Thank you Points : 0

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:48 am

Elemental shots with bowguns do a set amount of damage or depends on the attack of the gun?
Back to top Go down
Rene
Seltas
Rene

Thank you Points : 44

3DS friends code:

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 11:52 am

Filos wrote:
Elemental shots with bowguns do a set amount of damage or depends on the attack of the gun?

Set Damage. Element attack up obviously effects them though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Question Hotline   The Question Hotline - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Question Hotline
Page 20 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 32 ... 44  Next